AS TIME GOES BY (CHAENNIE)

By crazyforrosie

Can't say how the days will unfold, Can't change what the future may hold But, I want you in it Every hour, e... More

I love you too,
Strike Two
Your happines > Mine
It's not stupidity!
Still F R I E N D S...
The Risk-Taker
Make up your mind
First of the too Many
It's a Date!
P R I O R I T Y
My Señorita
Can't Help Falling In Love
I love you!
Heart, Body and Soul
HOME
Let the World Know
The Hottest Couple!
Arranged Marriage
What is Love?
I wanna make love to you!
Ten Minutes
Conspiracy Theory
Timeless
Chaeyoung-ah's Nini 💙🖤
U-Turn
The Kiss
Way Back Into Love
THE BET
The Plan
S O L O
Where's Rosie?
It's You!
The Weekend Getaway
EPILOGUE
Author's Note

roses_are_rosie

3K 114 40
By crazyforrosie

[CHAE'S POV]

It has been four hours since her heated argument with Jennie, yet it almost feels forever because her heart was shattered into pieces. Her parents aren't home yet. It added to the feeling of being alone tonight, literally, figuratively most especially, emotionally. She released a deep sigh.

She loves Jennie more than anyone else, her heart though broken and shattered still screams Jennie's name, but her mind doesn't want to give up the fight.

She wanted to hug Jennie, kiss her, make her feel that she loves her, she wanted to believe her, to think that she and her parents had a reason why they did what they've done, but how can she convince herself when Jennie admitted the fact that she met with Chanyeol on the day of his flight.

She cannot stop herself from crying, everything that she has seems like scrambling down before her very eyes. She had hurt Jennie with the way she acted a while ago, but she was in pain too, all she cared about was the affliction brought by the secrets that had been revealed. She tried to numb herself thru crying, not being suicidal, but she wanted to just disappear right at that very moment.

She wanted the pain to disappear too, she wanted to skip the part wherein conflicts, disagreements, differences, have to go in between two lovers just starting to build great memories of being really together after years of being just friends. But PAIN DEMANDS TO BE FELT, they say, and yes, no amount of words can ever describe the way she feels right now. It's just too painful, mind-wrecking, nerve-wracking, beyond distress, tormenting, torture, heartbreaking.

"I love you, Jennie!" Chae shouted through the four sides of her bedroom. "I love you, I really do, but I cannot just let go of this, I'm sorry if I hurt you, with my words and actions, I am so sorry baby..." she said as if Jennie is right in front of her, and once again she burst into tears. She fell asleep feeling so broken and devastated, the pain she is feeling right now cannot be compared with the pain she had felt when Chanyeol left her, this pain is different, far more than different. "Jennie." she could only mumble in agony.

[JENNIE'S POV]

"Chae! Stop! Wait for me! No, don't leave me, love! Noooooooo!!!!!" she'd woken up breathlessly from a bad dream, no, worst dream ever. Chae was running away from her, and she was trying all her might to get a hold of her, but it seemed impossible.  She cries again with just a thought of Chae leaving her. She cannot take it. She's her life.

She wipes her tears through the back of her palm and checks her phone hoping to see a message or even a missed call from Chae, but she received nothing. She sighed heavily. Is she breaking up with me? Or did Chanyeol win this time? "Ughhhh" she groans in annoyance, what the hell was she thinking, Chae won't leave her, she loves me, she thought.

She was about to go back to sleep when her dad came rushing through her door. "What happened honey?" her dad said and turned on the lights. He joins her at her bed and hugs her. Jennie didn't stop herself and lets out the heavy feeling of sadness, frustration, disappointment, and brokenness.

She cried everything on her dad's shoulder, and when she was finally able to calm down, her father asks her, "What's the matter Jennie, baby?"

"Chae (sniffs), Chae is mad at me, because she thinks that I betrayed her, that her parents and I manipulated her relationship with Chanyeol before.
But Dad, you know I am not capable of manipulating anyone, most especially Chae. I love her so much that even if they'd ended up together, I wouldn't mind, her happiness always comes first." she cried harder.

"Hey, baby, listen, I know, I know how much you love Rosie and that this situation is hurting you, but honey, you need to also consider that Rosie is just hurt at the moment, she may have said words she didn't mean to, it made you cry, but you might wanna give her time to think things straight, just give her time honey." her dad said and hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her heard. "Everything will be alright baby. I have given my approval to Rosie because I know she can be trusted, times like these are inevitable, misunderstandings are somehow foreseeable when you enter a relationship, but love will always prevail, you just have to trust each other." daddy Kim added.

She released herself from his hug and said, "Are you Chae's attorney now?" she rolled her eyes jokingly, sniffs, and wipes her tears away. "My trust for her didn't waiver Dad, it's just that, I think her trust for me isn't that complete, because she was easily persuaded by Chanyeol." her face fell sad.

Her dad guided her chin to meet her eyes. "Jennie, I am not trying to justify Rosie and her way of handling situations like these, but I could not blame her. Two years have passed and none of you came up to her and explained everything. I know that at the back of her mind, she's trying to make a reason for everything, but maybe it just feels so heavy for her right now. She needs time, Jennie." he explained further.

Jennie released a sigh and nods her head as she came to understand everything. Her dad is right, her silence for the last two years had confused Chae, she thought. "Thanks, Dad, I may be feeling hurt and devastated right now, but nothing can ever compare to what Chae is feeling right now, considering that her parents aren't home yet. She has no one right now, but I always have you here. Thank you Daddy, and can you give Mom and Dad a call, Chae needs them, I don't want my baby to be alone there." she wants to hug and kiss Chae right at this moment, but she knows that her dad is right, Chae needs some time alone for herself, to think and figure things out. She just misses her baby, and she's craving for her touch. She sighs at the thought.

"I will definitely do that, baby." he kissed her forehead and patted her back. "You should take a rest too, you have cried enough." her dad stood up and turned off the light. "She loves you, Jennie, Rosie won't just give up on you without a fight," he added and closed the door.

"I love her too, so much, and I will never let anything break us apart," she whispers at herself and tucked herself into sleep.

                            Baby, I love you, I miss you <3

Sent 7:24am

Seen 24mins ago

She's already awake but she didn't even bother to reply, Jennie, sighs at her thought. "When can I touch you again, Chae? This is frustrating, uggghhh!" she said exasperatedly.

She grabs her keys and drives off to school.
It feels so empty without Chae walking down with her. She sighs again, the only thing she can do right now.

Though the time went by so slow, Jennie could not deny the fact that she enjoyed her class today, being the competitive student that she is. But her smile vanished immediately when she realized that no Chae is waiting for her at the parking lot, no Chae's lips to kiss, no Chae's sexy body to hug, no Chae at all. Tears are now forming in her eyes, but she suppressed them from falling.

"Jennie!!!" Jisoo shouted to catch Jennie's attention. She walks hand in hand with Lisa, she could only stare sadly at their intertwined hands.

"Where's Chae, Unnie?" Lisa asked Jennie.

"Uhm, she, she's at their house, I guess." she bites the tip of her index finger.

"What do you mean you guess? Didn't you sleep at theirs last night? I haven't seen her in class. Is she sick?" Jisoo bombarded her with questions she didn't know how to answer.

"I didn't," she answers softly and bows her head. "We haven't seen nor texted each other since last night." she wiped away the tear that had escaped her eyes, causing Jisoo to lift her chin up, seeing Jennie like this, she hugged her tightly while patting her back.

"Sssshhhh, it's okay Jennie, it will be okay," Jisoo said as if she already knew what had happened.

"What happened?" Jisoo asks when she released Jennie from the hug.

"Chae, apparently, had a talk with Chanyeol, and he told her everything, which I do not know what because Chae and I weren't able to talk things out because she keeps on pushing me away, and, Unnie," she hugs Jisoo again and cry.

"Sssshhhh. I never thought that Chae would actually listen to him, but she'll get through this, you both will." Jisoo said while trying to calm the distressed Jennie.

Lisa on the other hand does not know what to say to comfort Jennie so she tries to suggest, "Do you want us to speak to her? We will explain everything on your behalf."

"No!" almost a shout Jennie said to Lisa, which she immediately said sorry because of the fear she have seen in Lisa's face. "No. I should not get you to involve in this, we will sort things out by ourselves. I don't know how, but I hope we will." she wipes her tears and composed herself, and walks to her car.

She stopped herself from getting in and added, "I don't wanna give her the idea that we were really conspiring against her. Thank you though, really." she smiles weakly at the couple which was returned by a nod, and drives her way out.

She was spacing out when she saw a glimpse of a flower shop, she immediately hits the break and look for a certain kind of rose. White Roses. Chae's favorite. Her Rosie's favorite. Roses for Rosie, she thought and smiled. She also took a bouquet of Blue Roses, it conveys meanings such as true love, trust, commitment, and communication, things they need in their relationship right now.

She couldn't hide the excitement in her eyes, she doesn't care if Chae will ignore her, she only wants to see her pretty face, her cheeks she missed so much, she wants to hear her voice, she wants to see her, and tell her personally, face to face that she loves her, and that she's not gonna give up on them. She will win her heart once again, her heart pained a little with the thought, did I lose her already? No. Definitely not, she answered her own question confidently.

She went outside her car the moment the wheels stopped from running, she picks up the roses, smell them, and gushes her gummy smile. "My baby will definitely love th--" she was caught off guard by what lays before her eyes. Chae standing outside their door, with Chanyeol hugging her tightly. A bomb was dropped inside her chest, pulverizing every broken piece of her heart.

Seeing the love of her life, exchanging hugs with the person who broke her, and tries to break them apart, it doesn't make sense. None makes sense, to be honest. She slowly retreated, her legs are shaking, but she willed herself to her car, she was weeping and wailing. Her heart was in deep lament. It feels like her world was scrambling down. She could not breathe.

She drives her car at full speed, her eyes were blurred with tears. It was just a miracle that she was able to reach home unharmed. She hurriedly headed to her room, lied on her stomach, and cry. She began to bawl like a child, like a child whose candy was stolen by someone. What happened last night was painful enough, but seeing her Chae in the arms of her rival, it's tormenting, it feels like dying.

Her innermost self is craving for attention, affection, and love, but none of it can beat her cravings for solitude, isolation, and seclusion, and with that in her mind, she jumbles her purse, but found nothing, she stood up and went to her walk-in closet. She found a knapsack mindlessly lying on the vinyl, her eyes flicker insight. She lifts it and rummages everything that's inside, metals are colliding creating a small sound of clacking. She finally found what she's looking for. She raised it, and a sad smile formed on her dry lips.

When she has readied everything she needs, she rushes down into her car and drives off at super speed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 2.2K 23
Jennie had everything together. She was the head CEO of her father's company. She worked around the clock. All her employees hated her because she wa...
8.4K 657 14
She's sexy as sin and hotter than hell and-oh wait. What would you do to save a loved one's life? Make a pact with a Devil? In my defense, it was the...
332K 10K 53
This is a story of how your friends can hurt you in many different ways---may it be by breaking your trust, your promises, your expectations, or mayb...
255K 11.4K 17
"Everyone has to die one day. No one can outdo death and no one can cheat death. There are only few who are capable of it. They are lucky and blessed...