Knight Wolf and Little Robin...

By grimreaperbarbie

Batman, Robin, and Knight Wolf... it had been that way for years. That is until Dick Grayson left in the nigh... More

Part One: The Rise
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE, DO NOT SKIP
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note (Don't Skip)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Part 2: The Fall
Prologue (5 years ago)
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 2.2

Chapter 49

9K 333 640
By grimreaperbarbie

Blair danced around in the kitchen, her phone connected to a small but powerful speaker that she set up in the corner by the spice rack. On the stove, bacon sizzled in a pan and a stack of waffles sat on a plate. She had woken up early, surprised to find herself still in the clothes she wore the night before at the bonfire while Jason slept next to her. She managed to take a shower, change, and cook breakfast all without waking him up.

Until right then. Jason wandered into the kitchen, his hair sticking up in all different directions, "What the-"

"I made waffles!" Blair grinned, pointing to the plate sitting on the counter as she turned around to flip the bacon.

Jason stared at her in amazement, "You did what?"

"I made waffles." She repeated. "You know, for breakfast?"

"God the lights are bright." He squinted, rubbing his eyes. He tilted his head, taking in the music she was listening to. "Are you listening to Pink?"

"Yes I am." Blair turned back around, taking in his squinted eyes and widened her own. "Oh shit, you're hungover, aren't you?"

"How are you not?" Jason exclaimed, genuinely curious. "You drank more than me."

Blair shrugged, "I've never had a hangover."

Jason blinked in disbelief, "Never? Not even once?"

"Nope. Never."

"How the hell is that even possible?"

"Just lucky I guess. Should I turn down the music? Ben used to get headaches when he was hungover when we were all kids. Loud music made them worse. And Jules would get sick." Blair eyed him, looking him up and down suspiciously before backing up. "Are you sick?"

"No, I'm fine." He said quickly. Blair raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "Really, I mean, it'll pass."

"So is that a yes or a no on me turning down the music?"

"It's fine." Jason insisted, forcing himself to stop squinting underneath the bright lights. "I'll manage."

Blair still looked a little apprehensive as she studied his bleary expression, "Are you sure?"

He nodded, leaning against the kitchen counter. "Yeah."

Blair slid him a glass of orange juice as she made a plate of waffles and bacon. He caught the glass with ease, sniffing it suspiciously and studying it closely. He lifted his eyes to meet Blair's confused expression, "Hangover cure?"

"No," She laughed, which immediately made him smile. "Just orange juice."

Shrugging, he took a giant gulp before setting it back down on the counter. He looked up, glancing around the kitchen before looking back at Blair who just turned off the stove, "Where's Alfred? Isn't he usually in here helping?"

"Yeah, but Bruce asked him to give him a ride to see Aunt Diana for some Justice League thing." She answered, stacking waffles on a plate for herself. "They'll be back sometime this afternoon."

Jason watched in amusement as she finished buttering her waffles, then drenched them in syrup. He waited until she set the syrup bottle down before asking, "So what are we doing today?"

"Training later if you're up for it by then." She looked up, biting the corner of her lip as she thought about everything she had to do that day while Jason stared at her with a small, dopey little smile. A smile that she didn't even notice. "Then I have to meet Kate to help her finish decorating the bar. Kara's supposed to come help so I don't know what time I'll be home, but if I'm home early enough, maybe we can watch a movie. I was thinking Treasure Planet or Atlantis."

"If you get home in time, Treasure Planet. Definitely Treasure Planet." Jason chose, smiling when Blair nodded.

"Shit, I need chocolate chips!" She exclaimed. Jason looked from her syrup covered waffles to her disappointed face. Within seconds, she spun on her heel, opening the cabinets, digging through the different ingredients, moving her head to music.

Jason watched her sing the words to the Pink song, twirling in time with the music, chocolate chips in her hand. He took a drink of his orange juice thinking about the night before, what she had mumbled in her sleep. He still wasn't sure what she had said, but right then, he didn't care.

Blair turned around, seeing Jason staring at her. Smirking, she threw a chocolate chip at his face, "Wake up, loser."

Jason swatted the next chocolate chip she threw his way, shaking his head. Leave it to him to fall in love with someone that changed just like the wind. Dancing and singing one minute, to throwing chocolate chips like a child the next. The girl that carried the weight of the world on her shoulders that was learning to breathe again.

Little did he know, she was in love with him too.

********

Blair finished sending Kate a text telling her to call once her and Kara made it into town, tossing it onto her bed as she went to her dresser to change into her training clothes. She just opened her drawer when her phone started to ring, Phantom of the Opera ringing through her quiet room.

Leaving her dresser drawer open, she dove on top of her bed, actually checking the caller ID before she answered, "What is with you people calling? Don't you know that everyone texts nowadays?"

"Hello to you too, Blair." The familiar voice on the other end of the line mused. Blair could practically see the smile on her face as she continued. "I'm great, thanks for asking."

"Hi Donna. To what do I owe this pleasure?" She rolled onto her back, staring up at her ceiling.

"Are you sitting down? You should sit down for this." Donna rambled, causing Blair to roll her eyes in amusement. "Shit, I wish I had time to FaceTime you so I could see your reaction to what I'm about to tell you."

"Donna!" She laughed. "Spill!"

"Guess who scored front row tickets to Florence + The Machine in two months?"

Blair shot to her feet, jumping and squealing in excitement, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! You did not!"

"I did, I totally did." Donna laughed. "I figured you could come up here and stay for a few days and we could go to the concert together."

"How the fuck did you get tickets that good?" Blair asked when she finally calmed down enough to speak, even though she was still bouncing up and down on her feet.

"A guy owed me a favor." Donna responded nonchalantly.

The words fell on deaf ears, as Blair continued to skip around her room, her face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning, "I cannot believe that in two months I get to be up close to the Florence Welch, I have never loved anyone as much as I love you right now."

"I'm flattered, really."

"No, really." Blair said, twirling around her room. "I love you more than Romeo loved Juliet. I love you more than all the stars in the sky. I love you more than-"

"Oh my god, this sounds like a proposal." Donna laughed again, Blair joining in. "Just so you know, I am not accepting over the phone and I'm too old for you."

"Age is but a number. I'm legal. Two years over legal." Blair reminded her, stopping to look out her window. Surprisingly enough, it was sunny outside, a complete change from the usual clouds that usually hung over the city. It matched her mood perfectly.

"Hey, I've gotta go. I just called to tell you the good news. See you in a few months." Donna said finally.

"See you then."  Blair hung up the phone, holding her phone to her chest and squealing while she jumped in place.

She was in the middle of an entire dance of victory, spinning around giddily, meeting the highly amused eyes of Jason leaning against the doorframe, "What the hell was that?"

"How long have you been there?" Blair asked, her face turning pink.

"Not long but long enough to see whatever the fuck that was." He laughed, ducking as she threw a stuffed bear at his head. He stood back up, crossing his arms, a smirk still on his face, "So are we going to train or not?"

********

Blair and Jason were on the training mat, staffs in their hands. Blair blocked a hit from Jason, sighing in disappointment, "This would be a lot more fun with my sword."

"Too damn bad. I don't have one to fight back with." Jason shot back, watching as she slipped away with ease.

"Oh yes." Blair snorted. "Because when you go up against Deathstroke he's going to say 'Oh, you don't have a sword? I guess it wouldn't be fair to fight you then.'"

Blair swung her staff effortlessly, so quick that Jason only barely managed to block her hit. He shoved her off, backing up to avoid another hit, "So what were you and River talking about last night when you guys snuck off?"

"We didn't sneak off." Blair rolled her eyes, watching as Jason danced on his feet, moving to strike at her side. She spun out of his way, smacking him in the back with her staff.

Jason rubbed his back where her staff had been, giving her an annoyed look, "You disappeared from the party. Snuck off. Whatever."

"Nothing happened. Not that it would be any of your business if something did." She took a fighting stance again, sighing when Jason continued to stare at her expectantly. "He told me he liked me. I turned him down. Happy?" It technically wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth.

Jason grinned, pushing her staff aside with his, twirling behind her, aiming at her neck. Moving just as quickly, Blair whirled around, knocking his staff out of his hands completely, aiming hers at his chest. His jaw dropped, "Hey!"

"Hey yourself asshole." She smirked, raising an eyebrow.

She waited patiently for Jason to pick his staff up off the ground, watching as he took the fighting stance once more. "So you turned poor Waterboy down? Did he cry?"

Blair shook her head at Jason's grin, dodging his swing, "No, he took it just fine actually."

"So you don't like him? At all? Not even a little bit?" Jason felt extremely grateful for the hard hit that knocked him off the mat. If he hadn't been, he would have been kicking himself for how childish that sounded, but then again, he started sounding like that a lot recently.

"We've had this conversation before." Blair sighed, blocking his hit. "No, I don't like him like that. He's my friend and nothing more."

"That's the first time you didn't mention that damn rule." Jason pointed out, blocking her swing. "Are we phasing it out?"

"We aren't doing anything." Their staffs collided again. "I didn't mention the rule because you know it."

Jason was the first one to let his guard drop, despite the fact that it made him stumble backwards. Once he got a solid footing, he stood up straight, looked her directly in the eye and said, "Fuck that."

"Excuse me?" Blair raised an eyebrow, dropping her staff at her side momentarily to glare at him.

"You heard me." Jason rolled his shoulders back, refusing to back down. "The rule is stupid and you know it."

Before he could even blink, Blair had him slammed against the pillar nearby, her staff keeping him in place, "The rule is what keeps me focused. It keeps me protected and in line."

"How well is that working out for you?" He groaned, shoving her off of him. She stumbled back, taking some time to settle her feet when Jason slammed her into the pillar, a smirk on his face. "Hey, this is nice."

Blair glared at him, "Why are you asking so many questions about it all?"

"Did you know that you talk in your sleep?" He asked her suddenly, watching her face change from annoyed to confused. He was opening up the floodgates of shit he wasn't supposed to talk about and he knew it, but he couldn't stop himself.

Blair continued staring at him in confusion, "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Everything." He leaned forward, whispering in her ear, "And you know it too."

"Spit it out before you piss me off." Blair shoved him off of her in annoyance. Whatever had gotten into Jason was starting to get on her nerves, mainly because she had a sneaking suspicion he knew something he wasn't supposed to. Jason raised his eyebrows in surprise at her outburst, causing her to roll her eyes, "What?"

Jason started to count on his fingers, much to her indignation, "You turned down River. You danced with me, well, you forced me to dance with you. You fought me to sleep in bed with you last night, and then, you started talk in your sleep." He stopped to look up at her. "You said my name."

"So what?" She held her head high, trying to keep her emotions in check. She said his name in her sleep. He heard her say his name in her sleep. What the hell else could she have said? "I've been told that I've said worse. I once held a full conversation with Dick in my sleep."

"You asked me to stay." He said quietly, twisting his staff awkwardly in his hands.

Blair blinked, freezing in place, "What?"

"You asked me to stay." He repeated louder. "You asked me to stay and you that you didn't want me to leave."

"Is that what I told you?" Please, please, please be it, she thought. If her drunken, sleepy self let anything slip, she was going to throw herself off a cliff.

Jason shrugged, "Part of it."

"Don't read too much into it. It's not like I proposed to you." Blair said quickly, trying to cover for her mistakes last night. Jason dropped his staff on the ground, walking away, his hands behind his head, muttering to himself. "What are you doing? You said you'd train with me until Kate called."

"I need a second, okay?" He called over his shoulder, his voice uneven.

"What is going on with you?" She asked, twisting her staff in her hands anxiously. "One minute you're joking around and laughing and then next you're interrogating me about my dreams, like I know what goes on in them myself, and the rule. What is happening here?"

Jason whirled around, his eyes wide, "What's happening? What's happening here?"

"That is what I asked yes." Blair continued playing with the staff in her hands, aware that it made her look nervous and awkward, but right then she didn't care. She wanted answers. "Why is the rule such a big deal to you now? Why does River really bother you? Why do you care what I'm dreaming about?"

Jason laughed almost bitterly, "Because- you know what, fuck it."

He crossed the mat in seconds, making his way over to her. Blair looked at him in confusion for a second, before he crashed his lips into hers, knocking her against the pillar. She didn't even hesitate before kissing him back with just as much force and urgency.

It was better than any of the times she had thought about kissing him, how it would be. She couldn't even think of anything else other than him, everything she wanted right there. Her fingers twisted in his hair, just as his cupped her face.

With everything that had happened in the past few months, with the realization that he loved her, nothing he could have ever imagined even matched up to right then. He was kissing her, she was kissing him back. It was perfect, it was everything he wanted right there.

They both pulled away at the same time, staring at each other in surprise. Then, something in Blair's head clicked, and she put a hand on Jason's chest, shaking her head, "The rule-"

"Fuck the rule." He breathed, kissing her again. Her brain tried warning her again, but it was like it was underwater. Everything melted away with Jason's kisses. This time, Jason pulled away first. "Fuck the rule, it's all bullshit. I told you that in the theater a while back. You can't control how people feel, and you definitely can't tell me how I feel, when I already know that I love you."

Love. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. He just told her he loved her.

Blair blinked in shock at his words. He loved her. What's more, she loved him, she knew she did. Why wasn't she saying it? What was wrong with her?

The Phantom of the Opera overture filled the cave, causing them both to jump. Blair's eyes widened in realization, "Shit! Shit! That's Kate! Her and Kara must be at the bar already. Oh my god, I have to go."

She ducked past him, running to grab her phone, missing Kate's call. "Blair-"

"I know, I know." Blair stuttered, struggling to unlock her phone to call Kate back. "Umm, if Alfred and Bruce get home before me, tell them where I am."

"Blair-"

She was already halfway up the stairs, turning to look at him, "Yeah?"

"We are going to talk about this right?" He asked, leaning against the railing, staring up at her.

"What? Oh, oh yeah. Definitely. Sure. I don't know when I'll be home tonight, but tomorrow maybe?" Jason nodded, waving her off with a grin. "Okay, don't wait up."

Jason watched her disappear up the stairs, the phone up to her ear. A smile spread across his face, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get rid of it.

********

Blair finished hanging up the last flag, stepping down from the ladder to look up at the ceiling in full. Flags of every color, for every single orientation hung from the ceiling. Despite the fact that her mind was in overdrive, Blair couldn't help but smile.

"Wow, it looks like the inside of a very colorful tent up there." Kara said from behind the bar, holding two giant crates of alcohol in her arms like they were pillows.

Kate turned around from where she was stocking the bottles, peering up at the ceiling herself, flashing Blair a pleased smile, "It came out looking better than I thought it was going to when you said what you were planning on doing."

"So you like it?" She closed the ladder, leaning it against the wall.

"Hell yeah I like it." Kate nodded. "I especially like that flag in the center." She pointed to the flag of which showed every single pride color and hands of all colors holding onto each other. In the center, the words "Welcome home" stood out boldly.

Blair nodded, sitting down at the bar and reaching over to grab a random bottle of alcohol. Kate and Kara looked at each other in confusion before looking back at Blair, watching her twist off the cap. Kara slid onto the stool next to her, "It's a little early for you to be drinking isn't it?"

"In age or in time?" Blair retorted, flicking the cap off and watching it land behind the bar.

Kate slid onto the bar stool on her other side, looking at her in concern, "What happened?"

"Nothing, why do you think something happened?" She said awkwardly, taking a large gulp of the drink in her hand.

"Oh her heart rate just went up." Kara said suddenly while Blair studied the bottle. "She's hiding something."

Blair turned her gaze on the Kyptonian, raising an amused eyebrow, "I hate when you do that."

"Sorry, I'm just a concerned friend here." Kara threw her hands up in apology.

Everyone was silent for a moment, Blair taking another drink from the bottle which had turned out to be rum. She didn't usually drink rum, it made her mouth burn, but she couldn't stop drinking it now. The burning felt good. She set the bottle back down, "I think I'm going to go visit Dick for a little while."

"Hey, that's great! That sounds like fun." Kara exclaimed, a smile on her face. Kate met her eyes, shaking her head. "That's not great?"

Kate shifted her gaze to Blair, "What do you mean for a little while? How long are you planning on visiting?"

"I don't know yet." Blair shrugged.

Kate nodded, her eyes never leaving Blair's face, "Well, I'm sure Bruce is not going to like you and Jason disappearing for a month."

"Jason won't be going with me." Blair said quickly, whipping her head in Kate's direction. "Why would he be going with me?"

"I don't know, it just seemed like something you two would do together." Kate's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Jason doesn't even know Dick. Dick doesn't know anything about Jason." Blair reminded her. She had taken extra care to make sure that Dick knew nothing about the boy now filling the role of Robin that he had left behind. "That would just be a huge mess."

She took another long drink of the rum, turning her head to face the wall across from the bar. Kate eyed the bottle, "I should charge you for that."

Kara looked at Blair in concern, trying to meet her eyes, "Blair? What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. What could possibly be wrong?" Blair said in an overly cheery tone. "The sun is shining for once, the birds— well, you can't hear the birds over the traffic on the streets, but I'm sure they're chirping."

Kate wrestled the bottle out of Blair's grip with some difficulty, careful not to spill any of the alcohol on the counter, "Okay, that's enough of that. What the hell happened?"

Blair drummed on the counter, before glancing between both Kate and Kara. Then, she spoke the words that changed literally everything in her life, "Jason kissed me."

Just like she thought, the atmosphere in the bar completely changed. Kara's face lit up like a Christmas tree, a giant smile on her face. Kate laughed, then let out a low whistle, shaking her head in disbelief, "Wow, I didn't think he actually had it in him. I thought it was going to be at least another month, at least."

"Kate!" Kara threw the bar owner a warning glare before facing Blair with an excited expression. "What was it like? What does this mean for the both of you? Are you two, like, together now?"

Blair stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Kate nudged her lightly with her arm, studying her friend's face worryingly, "Blair?"

"I don't know. I don't— I need time to figure it all out." She sighed finally, running a hand through her hair. "I haven't really— I just, Jesus, Kate. This is a bar, isn't it? Let me drink!"

"Absolutely not." Kate swatted her hand away. "Not until you tell me why you decided to keep this bit of information to yourself until after you said you were going to visit Dick—"

"Oh, Blair, no." Kara interrupted, her eyes wide in realization as she looked at the girl next to her.

Kate furrowed her brows in confusion. Then, little by little, she put the pieces together, her expression matching Kara's when she finally figured it out. "Blair, I don't— wow."

Blair nodded, catching the bottle of rum as Kate slid it back her way. She lifted it to her lips, taking another drink before setting it back down. Kara wrapped her arm around Blair's, leaning her head on her shoulder while Kate grabbed her hand in solidarity.

Blair let out a little hopeless laugh. Then, the three women sat in silence at the unopened bar, thinking about what was to come.

A/N: Blair's lack of a hangover is based on my personal experience. I have never once in my life had one, even after a night of nonstop drinking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 64 20
⚠︎ Trigger Warning ⚠︎ Book contains mentions of abuse and suicide. • • • "You know I love you, right?" "Then show me." •-✽-✽-✽-• Paige Montgomery, th...
436K 13.6K 33
"Grayson. Looking as good as ever." "Madalyn... we had an agreement," Dick responded dryly, dark eyes just barely seeing me. I could tell from the ci...
102K 3.7K 17
"Don't you know who they are?" "No, should I?" "They're the Wayne boys, kind of odd, but so hot." ◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇ Jason and Richard (Dick) Wayn...
133K 2.4K 46
Ever since the defeation of Trigon things have been different. And with the added night of partying and fun, the sexual tension between two certain T...