The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 18

97 8 2
By escapedrealities

Harry couldn't really believe what happened yesterday and on saturday night.

He had no intention of over reacting. He was totally calm until 12:30. After that, he was just worried. He texted Violet sounding as casual and not caring as possible and asked her when will she be home.
Every minute after that felt like a year. He didn't know what to do. He called her a few times, left a few more messeges, but no reply.

He was scared by the time it was 12:45. He stepped out in the balcony in hopes of clearing his brain and getting some air.

He called her again, just to hear it go to voicemail.

At around 1 a.m., he got a text.

'Reaching in 10'.

He released a breath that he didn't know he was holding.

He stayed in the balcony, eyes focused on the road.

After a while, a black Mercedes stopped right outside the gates. He couldn't see anything inside because the glasses were tinted.

He jumped out of the balcony and softly landed to the ground. And stood there, waiting for Violet to open the gate.

What he didn't expect was the boy who stepped out of the car a few seconds after Violet did, following her.

And then out of nowhere,  he saw that the guy was about to kiss Violet. And from his side, he couldn't see if Violet wanted to kiss him back or not.

That's what had snapped him. Never in his life of so many decades did he ever feel so infuriated by something. The last time he was close to this feeling was when he had just found out what his brothers had done to him.

He didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to react.

He didn't even know why he was so angry.

But even when he was practically seeing red, he didn't see fear in Violet's eyes. She was nervous, fidgety and almost drunk, but not afraid.

He didn't know what to say after Violet mentioned how he was useless because of the invisibility.

His anger had turned into helplessness. And everytime he felt helpless, he closed off and tried to hurt anyone around him. Not physically, but with words.

And that's what he did, he hurt Violet. He hurt her so much that she couldn't even look at him. She was suddenly weak, exhausted even.

He knew there was something really dark in her past that she was not letting out. He knew it the moment she had snatched the photo from his hands, it was a family picture from what little glance he had. He couldn't look at the faces though.

Violet sounded shattered when she pleaded Harry to go. He didn't know what to say anymore.

He saw how Violet didn't wait for him to go and just turned around and crashed on the bed, silently crying now. It was just like that night in the balcony. She didn't cry with sounds, she cried like she hated herself for doing it. She was holding back so much that it might ruin her life in a long run.

Harry kept standing there, feeling as helpless as ever and watching Violet as she was slowly falling asleep. Once her back stopped shaking and her body relaxed, he stepped near the edge of the bed and covered her small body with the blanket. He spotted her phone lying on the ground. So he picked it up and put it in charging, just in case she needed it. He got up and was about to exit when he hesistantly sat back on the ground and switched Violet's phone on. He then deleted a few texts from himself on her phone. He didn't know why he did it, he just did.

Then, he left.

He woke up early next morning, but in reality, he hadn't really slept. He had checked on Violet a few times, and then tossed and turned on his own bed the whole night.

He went into the kitchen and made fresh orange juice, and cleaned everything afterwards so as to not make Susan suspicious. That woman was already on the verge of leaving this house.

He placed the juice on her night stand, arranged the covers again to cover her, and then left the house.

He always went in the abandoned garden whenever he wanted fresh air. He liked that place a lot. No one ever came inside and he always felt free in there.

He was playing the flute when his senses alarmed him of a presence, at first he panicked thinking it might be a kid who would be curious to know why a flute was playing itself mid-air.

But when he opened his eyes, he was greeted with the sight of Violet. She looked paler than usual, small strands of hair coming out of her ponytail. Her face was completely bare of any make up, unlike last night. And she managed to look as gorgeous as ever.
She was wearing the same loose t - shirt as last night when she slept but her shorts were replaced by grey sweatpants.

He didn't know what to say to her, he had his questions as to how did she find him. But secretly, he indeed was wishing she would come to find him.

He felt that unfamiliar feeling of warmth inside his stomach when she set beside him.

They talked for a while, both apologising and then Violet calling it a truce.

Then he played flute for rest of the evening as they leaned in the trunk.

He was content in that moment, after a very long time.

- - - - - - - - - -

My eyes opened to lock with the familiar set of green ones. Again.

I don't know how but my first reaction to it was -

"Shit, Am I late again ?"

I sat up straight and panickly grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

8:10 a.m.

I have exactly 50 minutes.

"Oh god, why do you do that?" I huffed, really irritated to be woken up like this. Or, it could be just because it's Monday.

"What? I was just wondering how can a girl so pretty snore so loud?" He said, smirking as he rested his fist beneath his chin and sat on his knees on the floor, supporting his arms on the edge of my bed.

He was wearing a plain white shirt today, and there was a white band wrapped on his wrist like a band-aid but in a fashionable way.

That little band looked so breathtaking on him that I almost forgot how to breathe.

"What did you just say?" I narrow my eyes at him and grip a pillow, ready to throw it at him.

His eyes widened at my sudden action, he tried to stand up but fell on his butt in the process, hands coming up in a surrendering expression.

"I do not snore." I say, trying to stiffle my laughs at his actions as I throw the pillow right at his face.

He catches it in a fluid motion and stands up, stepping back. The smirk on his face was intact.

"I was not lying, Violet. You snore like an old truck!" He said and quickly stepped two steps back, near the balcony door.

"What !?" I was beyond offended at that remark, but ofcourse, I didn't take any of those words at heart. I knew he was just teasing me.

I stood up from my spot, grabbing another pillow.

"Take that back !" I had a smile on my face as I said this, ruining the effect as a result.

"But it's the truth," his smirk turned into a goofy smile, catching the pillow swiftly with one hand.

I was out of pillows to throw at this point.

"Take it back. Or I'll physically hurt you." I threaten, stepping closer with every word.

"Oh really?" He said in a challenging tone, raising his eyebrows.

"Don't underestimate me, Harry." I say in a firm voice and take two steps forward, holding him from his biceps and tackling him to the ground.

I meant it when I said I'll physically hurt him. I have been trained to fight, professionally.

A sheer shock was plastered on Harry's features, clearly not expecting this.

"Say that I don't snore." I say, peacefully resting on top of him, locking his arms with mine on top of them, smirking devilishly at him.

He shook his head, his own smirk returning.

"Say it." I say, my jaw clenching as I pushed his arms painfully.

For a second, my eyes landed on that white bandaid type thing wrapped around his wrist.

It looked so beautiful on him.

"Violet?" Harry spoke softly, his voice going a few octaves down.

He brushed a strand of hair that was coming over my face behind my ear. I felt goosebumps arising in the back of my neck at his soft touch.

When did he broke my grip on his arms ?

I had just realised it when I felt a jolt on my other hand which was still holding Harry's other arm. My balance wavered in impact of the jolt and I felt myself fall over his chest, my heart rate picked up.

My face was now just a few inches away from his. I could see some freckles on his skin and a few spots that I didn't notice before. Even with them, he still looked flawless.

"Violet?" He says again, gulping audibly as he stared back at me. Eyes shifting from my eyes to lips for just a fraction of second.

His gaze was so intensely fixed on my face that I had to look away after a moment. I would have leaned closer if I didn't look away.

"Look at me."

I shifted my eyes on his again, waiting for him to speak. I was hearing my heart beating so loud and fast that I think he could hear it too. But at the same time, I felt his heartbeats beneath me.

They were just as rapid.

"You have to be at school in 30 minutes."

______________________________________

Damn it Harry, kiss her you fool !!! 😒🙄

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, let me know if you enjoyed reading it too 😊.

Drop a vote if you liked this chapter!

Sincerely,
Meera.

P.S. - Harry's appearance in this chapter is exactly like this picture. I don't know why but that white band makes him look so much hotter than he already is ❤😭. Is it just me or does everyone think it's gorgeous too ?😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866K 40.2K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
5.5M 166K 32
They had it all. The cars, money, girls, the houses. But the one thing money can't buy them, they can't get. Happiness. Here's the prestigious Gold...
39.5K 1.6K 54
『 "theres alot people in the crowd, but only you could dance with me." 』 [ 𝙍𝙀𝙑𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙉𝙂 ] "Wait a secon...
1M 54.6K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...