I Ain't Gonna Fence You In •...

By livexfreely

** IN PROCESS OF REWRITING ** Louis Tomlinson is a 18 year old city boy who is forced to spend his summer be... More

Authors note
1
2
3
4
6
7 *
8
9
10 *
11
12
13 (End) * plus AN
PLEASE READ!!

5

3.5K 115 207
By livexfreely

Louis wakes up the next day feeling...content. Yesterday was honestly perfect and it couldn't of gone any better if you ask him. He hasn't seen or talked to Harry since last night when he left.

It's a Monday so that means he's having Harry withdrawals. What? Can you blame him?

He gets ready for the day, throwing on some light jeans and a hoodie after looking at the weather seeing it will be cloudy and windy today. When he walks down the creaky stairs of the house he enters the kitchen and his aunt turns towards him suddenly with a huge smile on her face.

"Hello..." he says nervously.

"How was your night, dear?" She asks politely, handing Louis over a mug of tea. He thanks her and grabs it, taking a sip.

"It was good" he paused smiling into his mug, "really good, actually"

His aunt smirks at him and nods "I'm glad to hear that"

Louis looks up and sees her eyeing him "okay! Gosh, fine, stop interrogating me!" Louis huffs dramatically "we kissed"

His aunt starts laughing at him and then she gives him a soft smile "that's so sweet, Louis"

"Yeah yeah, enough with that..." he drawls. "Anyways, I'm going to take this out be back later" he sings, setting his mug down and grabbing the sandwich bag with Harry's breakfast inside, gracefully slipping outside.

He practically skips towards the barn. Not being able to hold in his excitement back about seeing Harry again, even though they just seen each other last night. Oops.

He walks towards the barn and sees Harry holding two buckets of water and walking towards him. He's wearing a red plaid today buttoned up, dark blue jeans and of course his boots. No hat today though unfortunately.

"Hey!" Louis gives him a huge grin and a small wave.

"Mornin' " Harry says giving Louis a nod not being able to wave with his hands full. When Louis reaches Harry he stops in front of him, and cranes his neck and plants a kiss on the taller boy's lips and suddenly Louis is soaked from the bottom down.

"Shit! Oh my god" Harry shrieks looking down at the two buckets that have now dropped out of his hands and gotten both boys feet wet. "I'm so sorry, god I'm an idiot" Harry says looking at Louis with sorry eyes.

Louis just laughs "Harry, it's fine" he reassures him.

Harry is now blushing, red reaching his ears "that was unexpected, and I wasn't really focused on holding the buckets, I guess?"

"I shouldn't of just kissed you without warning, sorry" Louis says, and now he's blushing.

Harry shakes his head "No, kiss me!" He stops and then palms his face, "I mean, you can kiss me, as much as you like?"

Louis is smiling like an idiot now and he ignores his soggy feet and leans up to kiss Harry again. This time he kisses back. Louis feels him grip his hip to steady them.

When Louis pulls back he shoves the bag in his hand in front of Harry's face. "Hungry?"

Harry chuckles, reaching up and taking the bag from Louis hand. "Thanks, appreciate it" Harry then bends down to pick up the buckets forgotten into the ground to go refill them. Louis follows as he talks.

"Don't thank me, I'm just the delivery man" he shrugs at him.

"Well, still, thanks for delivering" Harry says turning the tap on, Louis watches as the buckets start to fill up.

"Anytime" he responds.

Louis then offers to carry a bucket back, insisting he can do it after struggling to pick it up the first time. Harry eyes him questioning and he gets it the second time. Only struggling slightly. (A lot)

They reach the barn and Louis drops the buckets only spilling a little and plops on one of the crates huffing. "How do you do that everyday?" And then Louis remembers

"Practice?" Harry says confused and starts filling one of the water pans for the horses to have tonight.

After he finished he sits beside Louis and pulls out his sandwich and eats it quietly.

"So," Louis says.

"So," Harry mumbles, food in his cheek.

Louis leans his head on Harry's shoulder and looks up at him, "Did you tell you mom?"

Harry swallows "um, yes? Is that weird?" He asks quickly.

Louis smiles into his shirt, "No, it's sweet" Harry takes another bite probably because he's not sure how to respond.

After a beat of silence, Louis is picking at his nails, Harry's speaks up.

"Actually.. she wanted me to ask you if you wanted to come over" he stops when Louis lifts his head "for supper, and like, yeah only if you want" he looks down at his hands, not having his sandwich to fiddle with now.

Louis is hurt that Harry thinks he wouldn't love to come over and meet his mom formally and have supper with them.

"Do you want me to?" Louis asks poking his cheek where a dimple forms under his finger.

"Yes, 'course" Harry confirms, looking Louis in the eyes.

"Good, because I would love too" he answers.

"Good, I mean, yeah, that's great" Harry says nervously. Louis kisses him to ease his nerves.

"Cmon, you have more chores to do" Louis then says standing up and holding his hands out for Harry to take. The older boy grabs them and stands, taking lead towards the chickens. Still hand in hand.

-
It's later in the afternoon, Louis came in long ago when Harry started doing the pigs chores and Louis opted out on that one. (He won't mention how Harry kissed him bye when he went back to the house, he's already opening up more and that makes Louis happy)

Louis was on FaceTime with Niall and Perrie trying to get them to help him pick his outfit to go to Harry's. he's not going to be dressed in a suit and tie now but he still wants to look nice.

"You both are useless" Louis whines as he holds up two shirts trying to get them to pick.

"Lou, I think the maroon is the one" Perrie says chewing her gum a little too loud over the speaker.

"Nah, I think the blue with the black jeans" Niall chimes in, not even looking at the camera, more focused on his video game at hand.

Louis flops down on his bed grabbing his phone from where it's propped up on his dresser. "How about the maroon with the black jeans?" He tries to meet in the middle thinking that'll be a cute outfit.

"Yes! Perfect actually, put it on I want to see!" Perrie says excited.

Louis hops up and pulls off his shirt and jeans he was wearing today to change. He's standing in just his black briefs when the door opens.

"Hey, Lou, we heading over to- Shit sorry!" Harry is half way in the door, Louis looks up and Harry's eyes move from his ass to his face and then he completely turned around, his back facing Louis who's standing almost naked in his room. "I should've knocked, I'm an idiot, sorry" he rambles on.

Louis rolls his eyes playfully at the fact he caught Harry staring at his back side, he can't say he blames him though, it's a nice bum.

"it's okay Harry, it's not like I'm naked" he says pulling on his clothes, he notices Niall and Perrie both hung up. Bastards.

"You can look now, I'm decent" Louis laughs when Harry slowly turns around, his cheeks are a bright pink and he's still not looking up at Louis.

"Harry" Louis says, putting his hands on his hips. The curly haired boy looks up finally and his eyes graze over Louis body which makes Louis squirm.

"You look," Harry blinks "Beautiful."

Louis gives him a grin, "well, aren't you sweet" Louis walks up to him rests a hand on one of his pecs and kisses his cheek and leans up to whisper in his ear "lets go" he feels Harry shiver slightly and Louis slips past the boy and walks down the stairs into the kitchen. Harry quickly following behind him. He yells to Jenny that he'll be back later and she gives them a farewell.

-

Harry takes them to his house with his truck, it's around 4:30pm when they arrive. It's not a far drive which Louis notices.

When Harry pulls into a short driveway he sees a small flue house, definitely not as big as the farm house but it's still beautiful. There's a huge garden he sees also.

When they enter the house, (Louis enters first because Harry insisted he hold the door for him) the smell of garlic bread and tomato sauce hits his nose. He notices Harry's standing behind him because he stopped in the doorway not wanting to just walk in without him.

They take their shoes off, and Harry leads him through the hallway and turns into the corridor on the right. In there's the kitchen with a small dining table in the corner. His mom is slowly swaying to the music that's playing over the radio on the microwave stand to the left.

"Hey Ma" Harry says getting her attention. She turns towards the boys, surprised at first and then she smiles. Harry walks over and plants a kiss on her cheek.

"Um, this is Louis" Harry says introducing them. Louis gives a small wave.

"Nice to see you again, Anne" he says smiling when she walks over to him, suddenly she pulls him into a hug and Louis eyes widen, not expecting it.

"Oh dear! It's so lovely to see you!" She says and Harry mouths "sorry" to him and Louis just smiles back, because how could he not.

They break the hug and Anne sets her hands on Louis shoulders and looks him over "can't get over at how beautiful you are!" She turns and looks at harry, "isn't he just lovely!"

"Mom" Harry warns with his eyes and Louis laughs quietly.

"Thank you, i appreciate it" Louis answers her. "It smells delicious in here" he points wanting to change the subject from himself.

"Oh! Yes, I'm making pasta with homemade red sauce and garlic bread, home made as well" she winks. "It should be ready in a bit, why don't you show Louis around Hazzy" Anne says and then she closes her mouth quickly, "sorry, Harry i mean"

Louis looks at Harry confused and he realized Harry's redder then a tomato. Must be the nickname.

"Yes, um, I'll show you around, c'mon" Harry says gripping Louis hand out of habit that formed today. Louis doesn't mind.

He shows Louis the living room that's littered with baby pictures of Harry and him and his mom. 

"Aww! Look at you in your little cowboy hat" Louis coos pointing at one of the pictures hanging on the wall, Harry's probably around the age of 3, he's smiling so big his eyes are squished and his dimples are popped out.

"Okay, okay, no more" Harry says leaning against him and then he pulls him to show him where the bathroom is and his moms room.

They walk down another hallway on the other side of the living room and and Harry shows him the guest room, and then next to it is his room.

He opens the door and they walk in. Louis is suffocated by the smell of Harry. The room is a dark blue, a single bed in the corner, a window above it and a small computer desk. The walls have a few pictures on it and Louis notices a guitar in the corner by the closet.

"So.. Hazzy" Louis teases poking his side. Harry covers his face and groans. "It's cute, don't worry" Louis grabs his wrists and moves them from covering his face. They make eye contact and stand there like that for a few seconds just looking at each other. Then Louis realizes he's talking.

"What?"

"I said, it's a stupid nickname my Nan gave me when i was little, i guess it's stuck" Harry says pulling away from Louis to sit on his bed. Louis decides to walk around his room, looking at the papers on his desk and some nick knacks sitting on his desk.

Louis turns towards Harry and catches him advert his eyes quickly back to his face from looking at his ass. Caught. Again. Louis smirks.

He walks over to Harry and crawls on his bed to straddle him, sitting on his thighs. Harry stiffins up. He realizes last night when he was in this position it was different. They weren't in his bed and it feels more intimate this way. Louis notices Harry's hands are balled by his side and his eyes are looking everywhere but Louis. Why is that so cute.

"I like your room" Louis says to break the silence. Harry finally looks up to his eyes.

"Thanks, it's nothing special" he shrugs, reaching up to run his hands through his hair, probably not really knowing what to do.

Louis then leans in and kisses him, he couldn't help it. His lips looked pouty and red and just kissable.

Harry makes a small noise in his throat, and kisses Louis back. Louis wraps his arms around his neck and pulls him tighter towards him.

They break apart out of breath. Louis notices Harry's getting better at kissing each time and well, he had a great teacher, Louis thinks. He's still stiff and the angles are awkward sometimes but Louis isn't complaining.

"I like kissing you" Harry says. Louis watches his mouth move, his lips are wet and bitten red.

"Ditto" Louis smirks leaning down to peck him again.

He notices Harry gets nervous again. No, dont do that. Louis thinks.

"So, I was wondering..um" Harry starts Louis loves his voice, it is one of the many things he adores about Harry he has come to the conclusion.

"Hm?" Louis hums, he plays with the hairs at the name of his neck, trying to get him to tell him.

Harry clears his throat, "I was wondering if-"

"Oh dear!" Both boys whip their heads towards the door at the sound of Anne's voice. Louis practically jumps off Harry's lap and great. This isn't awkward at all.

Harry stands up from his bed and Louis is biting his nails still sitting on the edge of the mattress. The air is uncomfortable. He feels like she caught them fucking by the look on her face. Which they were far from it. Louis notices it's not angry per say, it's more like shocked.

"Sorry, Um," Harry stutters. Not really knowing what to say.

"I was calling you but you weren't answering so, I just wanted to say supper is ready" she says and then she adds "come when you're ready" and then she leaves the door way back towards the kitchen.

Harry then flops beside Louis on the bed and groans embarrassed. "Hey, it's okay" Louis assures him.

"That was probably the most awkward thing that's ever happened to me" Harry says. And oh. Harry must notice the look at Louis face and he instantly sits up. "Wait, no, that's not what i meant, i meant like, my mom is just as new to this as me and seeing a pretty boy like yourself sitting on me, like that" he points to where they were just sitting " in my bed is just as crazy to her as it is to me? Yanno? Like I've never even pictured anything like that to happen for another 10 years if I'm honest" Harry rambles on, which he's bad for and Louis just starts giggling for fuck sakes because he's so fucking cute.

"Harry! Babe, stop" he rest his hands on Harry's cheeks. "It's okay, i get it"

Harry visibly relaxes and sighs. "I'm sorry, i keep fucking this up"

Louis shakes his head and kisses his cheek, "no you're not" Louis says standing up and pulling Harry up with him. "Let's go, the longer we wait the more awkward it'll be" Louis says truthfully.

They exits Harry's room as Harry groans and Louis laughs at him.

-

Supper was... interesting.

When Harry and Louis entered the kitchen Anne had the table set and the plates already done up. They sit down and the tension is not as bad as it was in the bedroom. Anne makes small conversation as they eat. Louis tells her about his mom and she says she hasn't seen her in years, and that they are much alike as she can tell so far. Harry is quite most of the time, Anne asking Louis a lot of question about school and his plans for graduation. He honestly hasn't thought about it which is kind of embarrassing since he should have already have it planned out.. right? He graduates next year in June, and he starts grade 12 in September. He tells her honestly he's not completely sure what he wants to do and she doesn't judge him thankfully.

"Are you boys thinking of going to the Country club this weekend?" Anne asks raising an eyebrow at Harry. "There throwing the summer kick off event, it's a pretty big deal in Dripping Springs" she finishes. He's now picking at his garlic bread, full from all his pasta and that makes Louis ears perk up and looks towards Harry.

"Well, I actually was going to ask Louis, Um, earlier," he clears his throat "if he wanted to Uh, go with me" Harry asks hopefully. A smile grows on Louis face.

"I would love too" he says and he catches Anne smiles in the corner of his eye and Harry smiles back.

"Cool" is all Harry says and he then looks back down at his plate.

"Oh, also, I'll be there handing out drinks" Anne then pipes in and Harry slowly looks up at her and she smiles sweetly at him.

"Oh, i thought you did that last time, so isnt it judys turn?" He asks.

"Well, I've decided i wanted to this time as well" she shrugs taking a drink of her water. Louis eyes shift between the two.

"Weird, you told me you didn't want to ever do it again since you got drinks spilled on you last time" Harry challenges her and oh, Louis sees where this is going.

Anne eyes him "dear, I've changed my mind, that's all" she then stands and grabs the dirty dishes and takes them to the sink. Harry gets up and follows her to the sink. Louis being left at the table.

"I think, yanno, you should take a break yeah? Wouldn't it be nice to be at home this weekend and not go with a bunch of drunk old men and women?" Harry says getting a little agitated. "Oh and teenagers hanging around all night trying to get drinks from you? That's annoying isn't it? Wouldn't it be Lou?" Harry then asks looking at him and Louis shrugs not really wanting to get into the middle of it.

Anne hums and puts a soft hand on her sons shoulder "it's final love, I'm going, but I'm also so glad you both will be too!" She smiles and kisses his cheek and turns to start the dishes.

"Yeah, me too" Harry huffs. "Cmon Lou, i should take you home i guess" Harry says walking towards the corridor. Louis stands quickly, he winces at the sound the chair makes against the ground.

"Thank you so much for supper Anne, it was lovely" Louis says and she turns waving a soapy hand at him.

"Anytime dear! I had such a lovely time" she smiles and Louis smiles back.

They bid their byes and goes to the hallway towards the front door and Harry's already gone. He must be in the truck already.

-
When Louis gets into the truck he notices the radio is on and it's loud. Louder then normal. Louis buckles in and turns towards Harry who's staring forward and driving out of the driveway.

Louis reaches forward and turns the radio down and starts "okay, what just happened?" He asks.

Harry runs a hand through his hair "she's being a bitch for absolutely no reason" and Louis is shocked.

"What?"

"She wants to come this weekend to watch over me like I'm a fucking child," he licks his lips "and I'm not, I'm responsible and i don't want her there watching me...us" he finishes.

Ohhh okay. This makes a lot of sense now.

"Hey, i think shes just looking out for you," Louis reaches over and starts playing with the hair at the back of Harry's neck to calm him down which he's noticed it seems to work. He'll keep a mental note of that.

"No, i think she's just trying to embarrass me in front of you and everyone else," Harry explains "I'm 19, i can go to the country club with my boy-" he pauses and Louis bites his lip, he was going to say boyfriend. Someday. he hopes.  Then, Harry continues "with you, and not have my mom there watching me."

Louis sighs. He kinda understands it but he also sees it from Anne's point of view. She really doesn't know Louis and what he's like and she's probably scared Louis will be a bad influence on her son. If you think about it though. Harry is innocent. Like yeah they kiss and hold hands but that's it. He's never been in a relationship and Anne probably doesn't want him to get hurt. Louis knows he won't hurt Harry though. Not intentionally at least. He doesn't plan to ever hurt Harry.

Although, Louis knows It's only been a day where they've been like this and Louis can already see Harry becoming more confident and he adores it. Adores him.

"I think maybe, you should talk to her, about what you're feeling and why it's upsetting you?" Louis suggest, remembering Harry finds it hard to talk about his feelings. Harry responds with a annoyed "Yeah" and that's that.

They're pulling into Jenny's and it's getting dark now. Harry parks the truck and unbuckles his belt and slouches in his seat, He hasn't said a word since Louis told him to talk to his mom about it. The radio is now a quite hum of background noise and Louis has a feeling Harry wants to say something. So he waits. He turns toward Harry and leans his elbow on the centre consul and rest his head in his hand.

Harry turns to look at him and he can't help but see the corner of his lips turn up. "What?" His deep voice finally speaks.

"Oh, Nothing" Louis hums, he looks down at his nails and picks a hang nail.

"Lou" Harry says and Louis looks up and Louis sees an obvious pout on his lips and this is probably the most emotions Harry's shown him in the span of 5 minutes since he's known him. He adverts his eyes back down and then suddenly there's lips on his. He closes his eyes and presses into it, because how can he not?

Harry pulls back, sitting back into his seat,  "I'm sorry" he says and Louis hums with a smile.

"Don't apologize to me" he says and leans over and kisses his cheek.

"You understand though, right?" He asks the feathery haired boy.

"Of course i do, but you have to get where she's coming from too, you know?" He explains to Harry who's nodding.

"Yeah, you're right." He stops for a second to think. "I'll talk to her"

Louis grins, "good, it'll be better in the end instead of fighting, I've learned that the hard way" he confesses remember the fights he's gotten in with his parents by acting like a spoiled brat when he didn't get what he wanted. He regrets it, obviously.

"Thanks, you know, for understanding" Harry then says.

"Anytime babe" he slips, and he's not entierly sorry about it because Harry's reactions priceless.

"No ones ever called me that," Harry says in awe, eyes wide at Louis and Louis has an idea.

He leans over and kisses Harry's cheek, high in his cheek bone, then he kisses his jawline, he moves towards his ear and whispers "babe, baby, love" he kisses under his ear after each word and he looks in the corner of his eye and sees Harry gripping his thighs. Knuckles white.

"Lou," Harry breathes out, he turns so their noses touch. Suddenly Louis pulls away when he sees Harry leaning in.

"Well," he says loudly , clapping his hands together, "i should go inside, Jenny's probably watching from the window wondering what's taking so long" Louis says, trying to tease Harry and the look on Harry's face is priceless.

"You're," Harry pauses "honestly evil" he concludes.

Louis shurgs, "text me!" He opens his door and hops down from the truck and walks over to Harry's side, leaning into the window. "Byeee, babe" he sing songs and he pushes off the truck and walks towards the house making sure to sway his hips a little extra. You're welcome Harry.

He turns and waves at Harry who's still sitting there with his mouth open and he goes inside the house.

-

Later that night, when Louis is in bed he gets a text from Harry.

Harry: i talked to mom...

Louis: and? How did it go?

Harry: lets just say i just got the sex talk for an hour...

Louis couldn't help but burst out laughing. Poor Harry.

Louis: you poor thing :(

Harry: didn't know my mom knew anything about gay sex?

Louis is now laughing into his palm.

Louis: HAHAHA nooooo that's traumatic

Harry: DONT even get me start.
Harry: at least i have a ton of condoms now?

Louis: oh yeah? What are you implying mister?
Louis: we've only been on one date...

Harry: fuck
Harry: nothing i swear i didn't mean it like that
Harry: :(

Louis: Harry!!!! Ur fine
Louis: I'm teasing you babe

Harry: thank god its hard to tell over text

Louis: it is hard isn't it?

Harry: lol very funny...

Louis: ;)
Louis: night!!

Harry: night Lou :)

Louis falls asleep with a smile on his face that night and no one has to know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 1 8
For Harry Styles, life has never been much exiting. That changes suddenly when his parents take him on a trip into the unknown and very different wo...
168 15 7
•Cover made by @tomm0way aka t0mmoway on Instagram <3 [⚠️Trigger Warnings⚠️]: Suicide Self Harm Drug use Don't read if sensitive Harry Styles is a...
14.4K 252 46
Louis Tomlinson is what many people see as a regular eighteen-year-old student. He is openly gay, and is accepted by practically everyone he goes to...
15.3K 626 19
"Yes. My name is Louis. And who might you be, cutie?" "I'm . . . Harry. My name is Harry, and I'm your next door neighbour. I live at the yellow hous...