Orb of Obscurity

By AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... More

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
12- Nyctophilia
13- Metanoia
14- Misconception
15- Eunoia
16- YΕ«gen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
19- Insouciant
20- Liberosis
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
22- Ukiyo
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
39- Yonderly
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-Ènouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

5- Noceur

328 32 67
By AvyannaTremaine

*one who stays up late at night.*
____________________

I stood frozen. I was too shocked as my mind tried to register the situation panning out in front of me.

"It's you right? Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." He chuckled .

I wanted to speak something but my stupid brain just didn't put any words out. I opened my mouth and shut it again, slightly looking away.
He laughed out loud, at my reaction.

"You seem surprised. Am I making you uncomfortable?" He raised his eyebrows. I could see a slight confusion on his face.

"Um....no, no, not at all. I.... Huh." I took a deep breath, and rubbed my sweaty palms over my jeans.
"Sorry, I am very shocked. You are the last person I expected to meet here. What are you doing here at this hour?" I smiled while tilting my head.

He put his hands in his pockets, after taking the mask away.

"I just came out for a walk. I was bored and the dorm felt kinda stuffy."

"Your dorm is near here?" I gave him a surprised look.

"Not quite, you know we live in a place that could pass as a small town of it's own." He chuckled. "I drove for a while and found this road pretty empty, thought I could walk a little without being recognized." He rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

"You got your license, huh?" I raised an eyebrow.

He froze and blinked. And then he smiled, "I forgot that you are an Army too."

His smile though, he could set the world right with his smile. It drew a smile on my face too.

"Care to join me on a walk?" I started taking slow steps forward.

"Where are you headed to?" He joined me.

"The store, my friend is in there drunk." I shook my head.

"You didn't drink?" He turned and started walking backwards while facing me.

"I am not stupid enough to do something that is known to spoil your health." I gave him a lop sided smile.

"Touchè" He turned and started walking by my side again. "But alcohol isn't bad all the time. Helps take the stress off, wine keeps your skin in a good condition too."

"I know. But I don't want to try it." I sighed.

"How do you know it's bad if you haven't even tried it."

"I have treated enough patients with terrible health issues due to alcohol misuse and trust me you would stop drinking too, if you've seen what I've seen." I snorted.

"True."

We had reached the shop. I placed my hand on the door, when I realized what we were doing. I whirled around and almost bumped into his chest. He held me by my shoulders , while looking down at me.

"You can't be seen this way! Put your mask on." I said, slightly agitated. Rumors are difficult to put up with.

"Yes ma'am." He smiled and put the mask on. He was already wearing a cap. I smiled and pushed the door open. I went through the aisles and got the medicine. As I made my way to the counter, I saw lollipops . I smiled at the thought of us eating them and picked two of them up. I made my way to the counter and paid for the things that I bought. As the guy packed it up for me. I turned around to see Jimin put down two cans of soft drinks. I raised my eyebrows questioningly.

"Because you don't drink."

I turned away smiling and collected the items. We left the store and while I turned to make my way back, he said, "Shall we walk for a little longer?"

I was taken aback..... Just a little. I wanted to spend time with him too. But Mare was all alone in there. I thought for a second.

"Do you mind if I call my friend to tell her I'll be a little late?"

"Take your time." He smiled. We walked side by side, taking another road that was completely empty.

"Oh! I forgot." I gave him his lollipop and pulled out mine. He laughed out loud, taking it. He gave me the drink and I accepted it while dialing Mare's number.

*Hellooooo? Saura? Where are you????* She slurred.

"Jeez woman how drunk are you?"

*I'm not drunk!* She hiccuped. *But I don't wanna go home.* she whined.

This girl, I said out loud making Jimin chuckle. "Listen, do you want to stay there or go home? Shall I call a cab for you? I'll come home a little later than you."

*I don't wanna go home.......call a cab for me. Hold up, you're coming home late? DID YOU FIND A MAN? *

I giggled. "Shut up. No I did NOT. I'll call you a cab. Go home safe. Bye."

*Bub byeeeee. Have fun.* She started making kissing noises. That's when I ended the call. Jimin started laughing out loud.

"Sorry about that. She loves me." I said while closing my eyes in embarrassment. I booked a cab and punched her number in.

"It's alright, I've put up with the members for ages and trust me, they aren't any better."

I remembered that Jimin was a part of the group too. I slapped my mind internally. I was so focused on him alone that I forgot the fact that he was with the rest of the group all the time.

"Is it alright for you to go home alone?" He tilted his head. "You don't have to do this for me."

"It's alright. How many days in life do you get to hang out with the Park Jimin?" I raised my eyebrow and smirked.

"True." He chortled.

We walked side by side for a long time, staring straight ahead, just enjoying each other's presence, without saying a single word.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Are you uncomfortable? Do you want to go home?" He stopped walking and looked at me expectantly.

"What? No! I am just enjoying the silence."

"How could you enjoy silence? I find silence deafening." He hung his head and took off his mask tucking it in his pocket.

Something was wrong. I could feel sadness radiating from him. I took a step closer to him and looked up at his face. He raised his eyes to look at me. I held his gaze. His beautiful brown orbs speckled with streaks of black stared back at my black ones.

"Silence gives you the chance to think. It gives you the chance to ponder about your concerns and eventually end up with a solution for them. Don't fear the silence or darkness. They make you a better person. You'll find a friend in yourself, whom you can confide in, in the silence." I smiled.

He stayed still for a while without breaking eye contact. I saw an uncertainty pass through his eyes. And then he smiled. He leaned downward, a few inches away from my face and said, "Thank you."

We stayed the same way for a few seconds, when I realized the position we were in. I cleared my throat and looked away, and started walking forward.

"Let's go, enjoy the empty roads while we can." I started adding a skip to my steps.

He chuckled and sprinted a little to join me. We reached cross roads. It was empty.

"I love it when I am alone in places like these. I like being alone at any time to be specific. There aren't people to judge you and you can be your crazy self." I said , twirling around. I lost balance and was about to fall, when Jimin put out a hand to steady me. I gave him a grateful look. He was looking at me with a gentle expression.

"Where did you park your car?"

"Two roads down." He smiled.

"Let's go." I started walking.

"Are you always this cheerful?" He asked with a smile.

"Do I seem crazy?" I laughed.

"No, you are...... just being yourself I guess."

"I am an open book. And a good listener too. I have been more of a therapist than a doctor, listening to my friends spill all their sad stories to me." We both laughed.

"Do you feel any better?"

He slowed down his pace. "Do you mean my neck ache?"

"Both. Your emotions and your pain too." I looked at him.

"You knew?"

"Well, you didn't look too great, so I guessed that you were down in the dumps."

We walked silently for a while.

"Now that the members have been in the military, it isn't the same anymore. Everyone is busy doing their work alone. There is a new gap among us that wasn't there before. They are all the same, loving, caring and all. But there is a profound gap that made its way in between us. It feels kinda lonely even in their presence......" He trailed off.

"Did you talk about this  with the others?"

"What's the use in it? Nothing can be changed. I feel like I am the only one who is feeling this way."

"You are not accepting reality." I stopped in my steps and so did he.
He turned back to look at me. He was a step ahead of me.

"Your twenties are almost over and you all are old enough to move on to the next part of life. You did go with the flow, but you can't accept the fact that you've grown and time passed away in a jiffy right in front your eyes. You can't get your past back Jimin, but it will remain as a beautiful memory in your mind. You just have to accept reality and move ahead. That is adulting." I added a smile.

"You called me Jimin." He raised his eyebrows.

"That's the message you took from there?" I scoffed.

He bent forward and punched my arms, "Just kidding. How old are you anyways? You speak like a granny." He chuckled and started walking.

"I am 25. And yes, I get that a lot." I snickered and walked along.

"But jokes aside." he turned around and clasped his hands behind his back. He bent forward, lowering his face to my level.
"Thank you, I guess I needed someone to beat some sense into me......you really are like a therapist too."

I laughed and started walking away. I didn't hear his steps and turned back to look at him.

He was staring at me. "You laugh beautifully."

"So I've heard." I chucked. "Let's go, its really late."

He frowned, and then I saw regret creep up his face.

"Oh God, I am so, so sorry. I wasn't in my right mind, I should have you sent you home. I..."

"Jimin?" He looked up, "Hmm?"

"It's alright. I always go home late from the hospital anyways. It's nothing new and spending time with you was a pleasure. Don't bother yourself. Let's go." I beckoned him to come along.

We walked along with matching steps.

"There's my car." He pointed to a sleek black car.

Oh I love cars. And this car was modest for a celebrity. I smiled inwardly at his simplicity.

"That's it then. It was a pleasure Mr. Jimin." I put out my hand.

"Jimin. Or call me oppa." He smiled shaking my hand.

"Ew...no. Dude that word gives me the chills now, it is sooooo overused." I scrunched up my face. "I'd rather call you Jimin."

"Go ahead then." He smiled.

"Then I'll go by Saura." I tried to pull my hand away from his grip. But apparently he had other thoughts, he held my hand and pulled me to the passenger seat opening it.

"Hop in, I'll drop you home."

My eyes widened in surprise. "No, I'm fine! My place is nearby and I can go on my own."

"There are no cabs or buses at this time Saura. I'll drop you. Also you live nearby and it's easier for me too. See? Don't worry your pretty head and get in. It's the least I can do." He opened his hand that held mine and beckoned me to get in.

Did he just call me pretty? I shut my inner voice. I sighed and got in,
"Alright, but don't kidnap me." I smirked.

"Not today." He shut the door and walked to the other side.

My insides were screaming at his words. Damn. He really shouldn't be throwing phrases like those at me casually. I was about to go into cardiac arrest.

He got in and started driving. I lowered the window and leaned back on the seat, enjoying the serene night.

"Where do you live?" He asked.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you." I gave him directions to my apartment.

We were silent for a while.

"You're quiet again." He pointed out.

"I might say that I am shy enough to not say the first word, in a conversation with a stranger." I tilted my head smirking.

"Well yes, we are practically strangers. But I guess we can skip the formalities considering the fact that I spent the last hour, spilling my deepest thoughts to you, stranger." He said in a mocking tone.

I laughed. "True, but do you think we will meet again? Today was a play of fate as well."

"I don't know. But since we met twice, don't you think another meet up is on it's way? These things always happen in threes right?" He chuckled.

"Let's wait and see. You know where to find me." Flashed him a smile. We reached my apartment.

"This is it?"

"Yeah, um....thanks for the ride. "Oh dear, this is awkward. "Take care, bye."

"You too. I really enjoyed our time tonight. Thank you." We were both blushing.

Before I did anything stupid, I stepped out of the car. "Bye Jimin. Good night."

"Good night." He waved.

I bowed my head, shut the door and walked towards the entrance of the building. I turned around and waved and signaled him to leave. He waved back and left.

I was standing all alone on the road, not knowing what to do with the memories that I just made.

A small voice whispered inside my head.... Maybe you could meet him again?

Would I?

----------------------------

Author's Note:

Second time they meet🤩, we have more stuff coming up.
Until then, (speaks in meow language)
*Meow, meow meow meeeeow eowwwww*.

Just kidding 😶😛 Yoongi is a cat. That's the note for today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.4K 42
[°‒●3RD PLACE IN BTS SPRING AWARD●‒°] "I don't know why am I doing this...". "I'll help you". ~ Park Jimin, a kind and sweet man. One day, his curren...
39.6K 3.9K 42
"When I followed my fate, true love found me." ---------------------------------------------- She wants her lost love back but does her fate want the...
137K 7.1K 56
In a magical realm full of danger and possibilities, you were again and again put at risk of losing your life. Every time, you were saved by the same...
39K 905 24
❗❕ Jungkook X Reader Fanfic ❕❗ 🎬 Short story.. 🎬 Hate to Love. 🎬 Drity talking. 🎬 Dual POV. 🎬 Office Romance. 🎬 Grumpy X Sunshine. 🎬 Bromance...