An Introvert's Guide To Findi...

By _shorthairloudmouth_

Pari, holds secrets that makes her who she is, a person scared of love but will she overcome her past when sh... More

one | introduction |
two | mumbai |
three | first encounter |
four | scallops and pizza |
five | dinner |
six | hues |
seven | utopia |
eight | denim shorts |
nine | beach day |
ten | revelation |
eleven | new friends? |
twelve | regrets |
thirteen | reverie |
fourteen | haldi ceremony |
fifteen | wedding festivities |
sixteen | feelings |
seventeen | more feelings |
eighteen | wedding |
nineteen | plans |
twenty | shimla |
twenty one | heartbreak |
twenty two | movie marathon |
twenty three | old friend |
twenty four | jealousy |
twenty five | to the bar |
twenty six | pain |
twenty seven | the night |
twenty eight | decisions |
twenty nine | here we part |
thirty | past-life |
thirty two | stood up |
thirty three | accomplice |
thirty four | primrose park |
thirty five | rain |
thirty six | london |
thirty seven | the end |

thirty one | chasing dreams |

284 10 8
By _shorthairloudmouth_

*Siddharth's POV*

I stood against the kitchen counter staring intently at Harpreet. He had flown down to Mumbai after I called him telling him I needed to talk, he had himself volunteered to come and meet me and I had agreed. I had just finished telling him about whatever information I had gotten from Maddy.

He was looking down at the floor, his expression unreadable. He slowly lifted his head, gripping on to his cup of coffee firmer than he had before and said. "I know."

I looked at him surprised and he knew it was now his turn to speak up, to tell me everything that he had known for so long but waited to tell me. "Pari had told us these after two years of our friendship. Her past had always haunted her and she had taken her time with us as well to tell us all that she had been through." Harpreet said running his hand through his hair and straightening himself on the chair before finally speaking up again. "We were in college when many a guys had fallen for her but Pari had never taken a look at them, it was when my best friend Zayn fell in love with her that I finally confronted her, because we were sure Pari kind of liked him too but never had told anybody anything and when Zayn asked her out she turned him down. Initially, I had thought that she might had been a lesbian."

Hearing him thinking Pari might be into girl made me chuckle because I knew from experience that she wasn't.

Oh no, she was anything but a lesbian. I can tell.

Harpreet chuckled to himself at his comment and then with a serious face he continued. "So one day after classes, I and Louise confronted her, because Zayn was a good guy after all and we both wanted to see Pari happy too. And they seemed like they were meant for one another. Anyway, so we confronted her. At first, she broke down crying and after an hour or so she was finally ready to spill the bitter truth about her life. She told us all about her past with Amir and Aditya and how she had vowed to herself to never fall for somebody else and never even let her heart feel anything. And Siddharth, I know for a fact that she likes you, she likes you a lot and that is why she was afraid, afraid to let her guard down and so she left."

I felt happy and sad at the same time hearing whatever Harpreet had said. I was happy that all the signs showed that Pari was in love with me. But on the other end it looks like a tough fight to make her see that she should end up with me.

"What should I do then?" I asked Harpreet after a long awkward silence.

"Win her over. What else?" Harpreet stated as a matter of fact.

I had to think of an idea to win her over, to make her trust me and believe in the love I have for her. I had to make her mine and I would do that.

"Give her sometime though. Don't rush." Harpreet said as if reading my thoughts.

I nodded agreeing to his suggestion.

.

I had woken up a few minutes back, my finger hovered over Pari's contact number and I tried very hard to refrain myself from calling her on her number that I had. This has been going on since the day I found out that she has left me. I just wanted an answer as to why she didn't even think about wishing me a goodbye. I was heartbroken by her actions.

Harpreet had left last night for London and I was alone in my room. He had promised me again and again before leaving that he would her me with Pari. I had prepared my plan already. I had booked my flights for London exactly a month from today's date so Pari could have some time away from me. I too had some ad campaigns that I needed to finish shooting for and some promotions that I needed to attend which would be done by the time I was to go on my quest for love.

I received a call from Karan asking to meet me in his office while I was having my breakfast, regarding some movie idea. I was in no mood for it but had to comply with his request because I have a four-movie contracted signed with him.

I was greeted by him as I entered his office. He was dressed in the same quirky clothes that he always wore and was full of life and energy. "Good morning to my favourite actor." He said, ending up chuckling at his own comment making me cringe.

"Good morning." I wished him smiling faintly still heartbroken from the incidents of the past few days.

"Well, I have a proposal for you." Karan began. "My next film starring Jacqueline and you are my lead."

I knew I had to act due to my deal with him. Karan read out the terms and condition looking up at me once in a while and asking if I agreed to the terms. I hardly paid any attention as all my concentration was on Pari and how I would win her over. I unconsciously agreed to whatever he said and read out and signed the film deal.

"Well then, congratulations on your new movie." Karan said hugging me. I hugged him back quickly wanting to go back home as soon as I could.

"We begin in 20 days." he said as I was about to leave.

"What?" I said immediately turning to face him.

He looked questionably at me and repeated himself. "We begin shooting for the film in 20 days."

"No, we can't." was all that I could manage to say.

He looked furiously at me. "What do you mean we can't. Did you not listen to the terms and condition before signing."?

"No." I said shouting not caring what this shall lead to.

"I am not going to be here, I am going after Pari, the love of my life." I explained to him.

He looked even more furious. "I don't care anymore. You have signed the deal and that's all I care about."

"I can't act in the film then." I cracked.

"I will be fucking ruin you." He screamed and I felt as if the whole building quaked. He immediately gained his composure back and continued. "Siddharth, my son, you know you have a four-film contract signed with me and according to that you cannot deny any film that I ask you to act in and right now you have also signed the present movie deal. If you deny or try to cancel the contract now I can sue you and fucking drag you to the courts, which I surely will but I will also make sure that your film career is over, that no one in Bollywood, no producer or director ever works with you. You will be forgotten and your dreams, life and career will be ruined. So now why don't you go back home, take some time and make your decision."

He straightened his suit and himself and ordered me to leave. which I immediately followed.

*Karan's POV*

Siddharth left my office furious, his jaws clenched and his hands clenched into a fist. I knew he was pissed and I loved this guy like a brother but I had to be hard on him. I had to do everything try and persuade him to sign my film deal which was easy considering he wasn't even listening but what he did next was something I hadn't expected, he turned down the contract even though he knew that I could sue him.

My mind raced to Monday, I had received a called from Pari, she was like a sister to me and I loved her very much, even though we had known each other for only a very little time but we had bonded very quickly. She had called me up informing that she wouldn't be working anymore and that if anybody asked about her, I was just to let them know that I had no contacts or whereabouts of her and just tell them that my friend had told me she wouldn't be working anymore.

Pari then told me everything between her and Siddharth and how I was to do anything to keep her from reaching her and as soon as I heard from her and whatever I knew about him I knew he would go after her so for the sake of helping Pari I came up with the film deal for Siddharth. I had one of the stories that I had shelved earlier for the time being and I knew Siddharth would be perfect for the lead. I had immediately called in my management and got on working on producing the movie immediately.

Siddharth seemed adamant on not doing the film once he heard the date but I had been successful in threatening g him enough, so I could hope that he would reconsider his choice, in fact, I was sure he would reconsider his choice and I couldn't wait to hear from him.

*Siddharth's POV*

I was home and I thought about the consequences and I knew exactly what I had to do. It pained me so much to take this decision but I couldn't let everything be ruined and get over. I had to do this and Pari I am so sorry. I hope you will forgive me.

.

Hey guys, please do vote, comment and share the story. I hope that you are liking the chapters so far. Happy reading ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 3.2K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
41.7K 2.4K 20
Dive into the turbulent love story of Siddhant and Ishika-a tale marked by youthful passion, misunderstandings, and the weight of unspoken regrets. I...
112K 5.8K 47
This is a sidneet fanfiction. Hope you love it. This is a story of a singer who falls in love with a common person on meeting her in a mall. The stor...
217K 13.1K 108
( Not Edited ) (MY 2nd FF 😊😊) ( Not Edited ) First Book - Fall in Love In this story it will also reveal that the hero loves someone and heroine...