Infiltrate [3] - very slow up...

By lustenvy

Unedited. First draft. Fast paced. When edited it will be better, longer and make a hell of a lot more sense... More

c h a r a c t e r s
00 | The Team
01 | Paisley
02 | Paisley
03 | Paisley
04 | Unkown
05 | Paisley
06 | Windsor
07 | Paisley
08 | Windsor
09 | Artemis
10 | Paisley
11 | Artemis
12 | Paisley
13 | Paisley
15 | Reid
16 | Windsor
17 | Paisley
18 | Paisley
19 | Reid
20 | Ryland
21 | Paisley
22 | Paisley
23 | Paisley
24 | Windsor
25 | Ryland
26 | Windsor
27 | Artemis
28 | Reid

14 | Unknown

524 34 10
By lustenvy

The floor boards creak and my eyes snap open to glare at the intimidating darkness.

I try to move my head, but it feels like lead, my eyes fluttering closed as pain blossoms in my skull.

I still haven't gotten used to the drugs they pump into my body to keep me docile.

A small barely perceptible hiss leaves my lips. My fingers flinching against my body in time with my erratically beating heart.

I try to move my arms but it's harder to make them move than I remember.

The floor boards creak once more, and I will my eyes to remain wide, alert.

I turn my head to the side, squinting through the darkness even as my heart screams for me to remain still.

Don't move and they won't hurt you.

The fear rushing through my blood comes to a staggering stop as my eyes land on his.

"Mar-"

Marcelo holds a finger to his lips, indicating for me to be quiet as he slowly shuts my bedroom door.

I don't say anything as the lights from outside slowly disintegrate. All that's left is the moonlight that bathes the golden stitched room.

Marcelo moves, walking quickly over to me as I sit up, smiling softly at him.

He sits on my bed, bringing me into a hug as he runs his hands up and down my back.

The familiar warmth of his body and smell comfort me, knowing I have my one friend in this place by my side.

I flinch as he rubs against the bruise on my back and he pulls away, dark eyes staring over me.

Tears glisten in my own icy blue ones as I see the anguish that takes over his face.

"I hate him." He spits. I nod my head, whispering.

"I know."

"I'm going to get you out of here."

"Marc-"

"No, you don't belong here."

"I'm not going."

"Please?" He pleads. "Let me help you."

"He will kill them if I don't stay." I tell him for the thousandth time.

His shoulders drop, "You don't belong here."

"But I have to stay, for them." I tell him.

"I know, I don't want them hurt either. But I hate seeing you hurt, and I know Enzo would too. He wouldn't stand for this and he'd hate me if he knew what I let happen."

"You haven't let anything happen."

"Doing nothing is no different than raising a hand."

"You can't do anything; your father will kill you."

Marcelo's eyes darken and he slightly lifts up my shirt, eyes glancing at my back.

"They're hurting you."

"I'm fine." I tell him, pushing my shirt back and grabbing his hand. "Just stay with me a bit longer."

"I can't stay long; my father will come looking for me."

"Just a little longer." I repeat, pulling him down to my side and curling into his body.

His arms wrap around me, his hands diving into my dark hair and resting at the back of my neck.

I close my eyes as he starts to massage my head, feeling the pounding in my skull disappear.

The silence stretches on before his fingers stop. "I saw Harley today."

A gasp escapes my lips. "Is she okay?"

He nods his head, his fingers massaging the back of my head again. "Yeah, she was shocked when she saw me."

"She hasn't seen you in three years." I whisper.

He pulls back, glancing down at me. "I know she misses you; I know they all do."

"I know, I do know that."

"Is there a message you want me to give to them, the Boss has me attending school with them."

I pause, trying to find the right words. "Tell them, I'm okay. Tell them that I miss them."

"I will, I promise."

"Thank you, Marcelo."

"You have to stop thanking me."

"I can't, you've kept me sane. You're the only connection I have to them."

"I'll always be here, even if I'm not here." He squeezes me to him. "Now go to sleep."

I snuggle into his arms, letting his comforting presence soothe me and lull me to sleep.

• • •

The door slams open, and I snap up in bed, eyes wide.

He stalks in, blue eyes glancing around the room in curiosity.

"Good morning, darling."

My hands shake and I ball them in my lap, willing them to stop rattling.

"Morning."

"How'd you sleep?" He walks around the four-poster bed before coming up to my side.

I swallow. "Fine."

"That's good." He says as if he's interested but I know he's not.

I nod, agreeing with him as my eyes stray to the door.

Marcelo stands there by his dads side, dark eyes staring straight ahead, unflinching.

"Marcelo, boy. Come here."

I clench my fists as Marcelo walks in, his father behind him.

They stop, and Marcelo's father, Alonzo shuts the door.

His face is emotionless, eyes swirling with an unknown emotion.

"How are you today, Marcelo? Did you have a good sleep?"

I watch the man as he walks toward Marcelo as I hold my breath, knowing what was coming.

"Yes, Sir."

"That's good to hear, boy. But tell me, where did you sleep?"

"Pardon, Sir?"

"Where did you sleep, it's not that hard of a question to answer, Marcelo." He spits, taking a daunting step forward.

"In my room, Sir."

"See, when your father went looking for you last night, he couldn't find you. So I repeat, where were you?"

"I-"

"The truth."

"I was here, Sir."

"As I was informed you were. I just wanted to hear it from your disgusting mouth!"

I scream as he raises his hand. Marcelo doesn't flinch as the palm flies and he stumbles back into his father's arms.

The man looks back at me, grey hair falling into blue eyes, the same icy blue eyes as mine and I hate them.

I look down, away from his piercing eyes as another grunt fills the air. Blood drips to my carpet, a puddle forming at Marcelo's feet.

I squeeze my eyes tight as I hear flesh striking flesh and hear a Marcelo's body hits the floor.

A gargled grunt escapes his lips and my eyes snap open.

He's looking at me, a barely perceptible shake of his head but I don't listen.

I jump out of beg, feeling the chain follow as I crash the floor at his side.

A boot slams into my unprotected side and I whimper, folding over Marcelo.

"Mel-" He grunts, and I flinch, my hands falling to his back.

"Remove her!"

"No!" A scratched scream leaves my throat as I curl tightly over Marcelo's body, trying to protect him.

Hands grab at my clothes, pulling me up as I fight weakly in the hold. A hand winds around my throat, holding me to the man's body as I witness Marcelo beating kicked once more.

I cry, tears falling down my cheeks and a gloved hand closes over my mouth, muffling my screams. I heave in his grasp, trying to break free and his hand moves, blocking my nose as I thrash in his arms.

He squeezes my head to his chest, covering my mouth and nose as tears leak from my eyes, the shadows seeping in.

My movements slow, brain fogging as unconsciousness takes me and my body hits the ground in a heap.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 2.4K 6
Two and a half years ago, Clara Stone was offered a deal. Now, Seventeen year old Clara is working at the SSF (Special Secret Forces) as one of their...
164K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
The Imposter By Nichole

Mystery / Thriller

196K 2.5K 27
Would you doubt your own sanity if you were suddenly blamed for certain events that you had no idea were happening? At first, Dayna thinks everyone...
11.1K 557 19
❝The FBI Agent with walls of steel and The Mafia Spy who couldn't feel.❞ 🎭 "Can you feel it?" "Feel what?" "My love for you." β€’β™‘β€’ Kaya Skeats (real...