The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 17

108 13 6
By escapedrealities

Without saying a single word, Harry turned around and walked back in the house, leaving the door slightly open.

I silently followed him.

We reached my room silently so as to not wake Susan or Aunt Judy by mistake.

Harry didn't even turn around to check if I was following and went straight inside the room, and faced the window, standing tensely.

I softly shut the door and walked towards him.

"Who was that guy ?" He asked, no hint of sarcasm or humour in his voice.
It was actually frightening, seeing him all soft and goofy and then suddenly so cold and sincere.

"Zayn, he's in my school," It felt very familiar to a parental interrogation, but I was too tired to bring my inmer feminist out right now.

"So you have known him for like, 3 days and you still trust him enough to bring you home at.." he stopped and glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand. "1:30 a.m.?"

He turned around to face me after finishing his question.

I wish he hadn't.

His eyes had turned a darker shade of green, showing no warmth like I remember just a few hours ago.

"No, it's not like that. Nichole and Andrea lives quite far from here and also they were a bit drunk so their friend Louis will drop them home because they all live closer. That's why Zayn had to drop me home." I said patiently as I removed my shoes and loosened my hair from the high ponytail. Ah, it feels like heaven.

"That doesn't really answer my question. How did you trust that guy ?"  He was still very tense, jaw still clenching, arms still fold across his chest.

"I did not, okay? He looked harmless enough. And also, did I have any other option?" I slightly raise my tone, although that's the last thing I wanted to do.

With that, I turn around and head to my dresser, taking out a few make up removers and cleaning my face with it.

"Do you even know how stressed I was ? You were not answering your phone, you didn't even tell me your exact location when you left. Didn't I tell you to call me if you need anything, Violet?" Harry walked a few steps towards me, his voice sounding colder with every word.

I walk in the attached bathroom, changing into my pyjamas as he spoke.

"And say what ? Hello, Harry. Can you please get your invisible ass here and pick me up without anyone noticing your invisibility ?"

I knew I shouldn't have said it. I knew it the moment I started speaking. But my mind never really controls my words these days.

I opened the door and saw Harry standing right in front of it.

Harry kept staring at me for a few seconds,looking like he can't believe what I just said.

"I don't know why I even bothered.." he turned his face away from me, walking towards the bed. His tense body now looked tired.

"I am sorry Harry, that was out of line. I shouldn't ha -" I followed him, not being able to control it, I finally sat at the edge of my bed but he didn't let me finish.

"No, don't apologise. I shouldn't have cared so much, you are not a kid anyway.. and ofcourse, I am not your dad." He said coldly, but his body froze as soon as the words came out of his mouth.

My heart skipped a beat at his words, hands suddenly feeling sweaty, eyes stinging. A sign that I was about to cry.

"Go." I whispered. It was loud enough for him to hear. And firm enough for him to understand that he can't say anything now.

"Violet, I didn't mean to -"

"Harry, please. Just go." I stepped back, looking at my feet.

Don't cry.
Don't cry.
Don't cry.

He was still rooted to his spot, not knowing what to do.

"Please," it sounded helpless, even to my ears.

That's what snapped him.

"Okay," he whispered.

I didn't even wait for him to make a move, I hurriedly got inside the covers and snuggled my face in the pillow. Silent tears already starting to flow.

That really was a low blow. I was in no shape to consider that it wasn't entirely Harry's fault too, but the mention of my dad was enough to break my heart into million pieces.

Again.

- - - - - - - - -

I woke up feeling like a living corpse. I  did have a doubt that I might have had a drink or two but now it's clear that I was indeed drunk last night.

I suddenly remember it all, everything coming back with a lightning speed.

In an impulse, I got up with a jolt, feeling a numb pain in my head and vision getting blurred because of headrush.

I looked around the room, searching for Harry.

I asked him to go last night, he was confused for a bit.

Oh shit, where did he go?

I glance at the clock, 11 a.m.

It took more time than usual to get ready, I obviously skipped bath to make up for the lost time.

I realised that my phone was put in charging, I dont remember putting it. It must've been Harry.

I also notice a glass of orange juice on the night stand near my phone. I was feeling so guilty about last night. I don't know what came over me when I said those harsh words to him. He had trusted me with his whole heart and told his entire story, and what did I do ?
I go and say the most hurtful thing I could and make him feel helpless.

I was spiralling down the guilt trip as I drank the juice.

I then called Andrea, whose calls had missed earlier.

She picked up after a few minutes.

"Hi," her voice was raspy, like she had just woken up.

"Hey, did you reach home safe last night?"

"Was about to ask you the same, yeah we reached home. How about you? Did something happen ? Zayn had insisted really hard that he get to drop you without us being in the backgroud" she said, now sounding much more smoother.

"Yeah, he dropped me home. That's it." I skipped the almost kiss part. I don't want to answer any questions right now.

"Oh, okay."

"Violet, I gotta go now. See ya at school !" She said after an awkward silence.

I was glad.

"Yeah, bye Andrea !"

I fall back and allow my back to hit the soft pillows on my head.

I really wish Harry was here.

I don't even know where to look for him.

So I spent a few hours cleaning the room a bit and reading The Fault in Our Stars from a random page.

At around 1, Susan called and asked me if I wanted to take lunch with Aunt Judy.

I was in no shape or mood to talk to anyone right now. So I denied, saying I was feeling a bit sick and would just skip lunch for today.

She bought fruits to my room after a while.

I spent the afternoon scrolling through my instagram feed and liking the photos of yesterday's party. I looked very carefree in the pictures, it wasn't how I generally looked.

All this time, there was a constant nagging in my mind.

Harry.

It became too much after a while.

So at around 5 p.m., I decided to do something. I gave him space and time but now I am gonna go find him and say sorry.

I first checked the entire house, thinking he might be here itself. I also left a note in my room in case he comes back.

I didn't know what to do after I didn't see him anywhere in the house.

I open maps on my phone, searching for any landmarks nearby that Harry might have gone to.

There is a library just behind the house, and a small garden a few blocks down.

I decide to check the garden first, just going with the intuition.

The walk to garden was spent in deciding what I am going to tell him when I apologise. It took me about 5 minutes to reach.

The garden looked abandoned from outside. I almost didn't want to go but I had a pretty strong feeling Harry will be here.

There were a few broken swings in the corner, and the grass had dried down. A few trees were randomly standing in the middle of the lawn. The place looked like no one has came here since decades. I didn't want to go inside it. So I turned my gaze around the whole area in search of the mop of curly hair and pair of greenest eyes I have ever seen.

I couldn't see anyone. But I surely heard something. I felt my heart speeding as I stepped inside. I followed the voice that I now realise are soft tunes of flute. It wasn't exactly a song, but whatever it was, was pleasant.

The first thing that came into my view were dark jeans wore by skinny long legs. And I knew I have found him.

He was sitting with the support of the farthest tree from the entrance, eyes closed, playing a flute.

It was such a beautiful sight to watch, his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and his long slender fingers played the flute gracefully. His lips had formed a small pout as to blow air in the whole. His cheeks were hollow in the process, exposing his pointed jawline and prominent cheekbones.

He must have felt my presence because he suddenly stopped playing, and opened his eyes in panic. The green irises then met my baby blue ones.

He visibly relaxed at first, but then his expression canged to embarrassment, which soon turned into panic again.

"How did you find me ?" He asked, keeping his flute in a sid and sitting up straight, making space for me.

I smiled, and sat down beside him, resting my back on the tree trunk.

"Just followed my intuition."

He didn't need to know how I searched for landmarks and came here.

"Harry?" I say before he could go further into that point.

He hummed, looking down at his lap, he bit his lower lip subconsciously.

"I am sorry," I said, meaning it with my heart.

"No, don't apologise. I am sorry, Violet. I certainly over reacted." He said, just like last night. He is not even accepting my apology, let alone forgiving me.

But I had already decided that I won't pressurise him. If he wants, he can accept my apology. I won't say sorry more than thrice.

"I know, but you were rational. I should've been careful. I said some hurtful things too," I said. I hadn't thought of this when I was preparing my sentences of apology on the way here, it just spontaneously came out.

"It was not your fault." He was still adamant on his word.

"Okay, then let's call it a truce. We're even." I looked over at him as he turned his face to my side, smiling at what I spoke.

"Okay." He said, now smiling softly at me.

I smiled back, looking into his green eyes.

I didn't know it till now, but I missed him. It's been only a few hours since our fight and I asked him to go, but I have now adapted his presence in my routine.

For a few long moments, we kept looking at each other. By the looks of it, Harry was happy. He was again soft and goofy, not the cold and sincere one.

"So, you play flute?" I ask, glancing down beside him to look at the flute he was playing earlier.

"Umm, yeah. Sometimes.." He said, crunching his nose and touching it with his pointer finger. Then moving that hand and rubbing his palm over the back of his neck.

"Can you play some more?" I asked, leaning more into the tree trunk.

"Mmm.. Okay.Sure," he agreed awkwardly and started playing again. Leaning back into the tree.

We sat there for the rest of the afternoon, with not a single soul present around us. The soft tunes made the air so much pleasant. I felt happy, almost content.

I guess after all, it was I who needed to step ahead.

People don't always open the doors to their heart for you, some just leaves the door unlocked and waits for you to open it.

I think I learnt it well today.

_____________________________________

I know we have never really seen Harry playing a flute, but like, can you guys imagine him playing a flute ?!! It would look sooo fucking beautiful ! 😍😍

Anyways, tell me what you think about the chapter in the comments and vote it if you liked it ! 😁

Sincerely,
Meera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.1K 21
What lies beyond the senses? What secrets have been hidden from you due to your physical limitations? Is the universe as empty as it seems? Are we...
676K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
141K 4.6K 20
learn the story of the chameleon's twin sister 》follows the movie plot 》female oc 》mc has no official romantic relationship by the end of the story 》...
1M 22.9K 50
•1• His tongue slips in and I get caught off guard. Woah buddy! I push back slightly and he let's go and looks into my eyes. "what?" he asks confu...