Drawn to Darkness (creepypast...

By XirTedak

I've seen a lot of cp x reader story's but there mostly genderbent so I'm making it with how they are regular... More

creepypasta cast
creepypasta cast 2
chapter 1: lost in the woods
chapter 2: once friendly now deadly
Chapter 3: karma and revenge pt. 1
Chapter 3: Karma and Revenge pt 2
Chapter 4: Tick Tock beware of the clock
Chapter 5: Becoming a Proxy and First Mission
CHAPTER REVISIT
Chapter 6: Kings Game 🍋18+🍋 part 1
Chapter 6: Kings Game 🍋18+🍋 part 2
Chapter 7: The Trap and Escape part 1
Chapter 7: The Trap and Escape part 2
Chapter 8: A New Enemy
Chapter 9: Capture and Realization Part 1
Chapter 9: Capture and Realization part 2
Chapter 9: Capture and Realization part 3
Chapter 9: Capture and Realization part 4
Chapter 10: The Truth Revealed
story ideas
Bouns chapter: Specal
Chalter 11: Dark Side
Chapter 12: Grudges and a Solution
Chapter 13: Thirst for Blood
new years special
Not a Hiatus but...
question?

Chapter 9: Capture and Realization final

820 18 15
By XirTedak

A/n continuing from previous chapter

[Timeskip - no one's PoV]

It had been a few hours since me and Zero started our scouting mission and it's been quiet, almost as if you could hear a pen drop. And Zero's occasional glances at me weren't helping in the least. "I'm only gonna say this once. Stop watching me, whatever your planning leave me alone." Y/n said catching her off guard. "W-What now!" Zero said trying to act like she starting at him. "Why would I be looking at you?! You are not worth my time!" Zero yelled. "You aren't fooling anyone bitch." "I wonder if you talk to your mom with that mouth?" Y/n's body tensed up at the mention of his mother. "S... Up... "What that Mama's boy." Zero said as she continued to laugh. "I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Zero flinched a bit at the sudden change in Y/n's voice. Sure they've yelled at each other before but this time his voice had a more demonic tone to it but that didn't stop her from continuing to throw insults at his family. "Haha throwing a tantrum over something as small as that I wonder if your daddy up and left when he saw how much of a crybaby you were." Y/n dashed at Zero swinging his fist hitting Zero square in the face, busting her lip. "I won't tell you again. Don't you ever mention my family at all." Zero spit some blood out of her mouth before staring at Y/n with rage in her eyes. "Your fucking dead you weak sack of shit!"

[Y/n PoV]

Zero quickly reeled back her hammer slamming it into my chest, sending me flying into a tree as I coughed up blood. 'Damn, I forgot how strong these guys are...' My body collapsed against the tree as I was struggling to get up. Zero puts a foot on my chest holding me in place as she raises her hammer above her head. 'This is it. This is how I die, alone. Death by some psycho killer with a grudge...' I looked up at Zero noticing her psychic smile wasn't as wide from earlier, she had a sad look in her eye as she stood there her arms shaking as if she was having second thoughts. "What? Killer having a change of heart, that's a first." I said coughing up blood. Zero stared at him baffled that i haven't needed for my life yet.

Zero returned her weapon to her side as a frown appeared on her face before asking me a question. "Why aren't you scared? You should be begging for your life now..." I glared at Zero unnerved.

"You don't know the first thing about me. All you've ever did has been insult me since I got here." I took a deep breath as my left lung started to fill with blood. "Ever since the day we met you've had it out for me and you most certainly are not the first one that wants me dead and definitely won't be the last..."

I used what little strength I had to shove Zero's foot off my chest. I gripped the tree behind me and used it as leverage to pick myself up off the ground.

"W-Why won't you die already?!" Zero screamed as she took a step back.

I forced my legs to carry me despite them being exhausted. I grabbed Zero by her short and crashed my head into hers, causing her to stagger backwards as she helds her nose to keep her blood from spilling.

"It's going to take a lot more than some psycho killer with a grudge to kill me." I turned at limped away. "I just want this day to be over with already." Zero watched before following behind, and she's been silent ever since.

[Timeskip brought to you by the author being a lazy fuck]

It's been a few hours and surprisingly my wounds have already healed, though I never understood how but I never told anyone about my rapid healing ability since I dont know to much about it myself, with some greedy power-hunger bastards out there in the world now, who know what they might try and do with me and this power.

I came to a stop as I heard the sounds of sticks breaking and bushes rustling close by, I quickly reached for my tonfas, Zero noticed this and grabbed her hammer. We both hid concealing our presence as two figures merged from the shadows, Two girls, one of average height and the other couldn't have been between 4 to 7 years old and the aura they gave off was very demonic. 'Who are these two? And where did they come from?'

"I sensed a couple of them over in this direction." The tall one said.

"Stripes do you really think he well come with us? I mean he's lived with humans his entire life, humans who have abused and mistreated him. He then disappears off our radar. We've been looking for him for years and still no trace. If he is out there, us saying we're his blood family, no one woulede believe that. The little one says as his a abnormal-looking stuffed toy.

"I don't know Lazari. But father said he wanted Y/n back with the family before Slender found him." I froze at those words. 'Family? My family has been dead for 10 years! Who do these to think they are pretending to be something their not!'

I was about to confront them what pair of arms wrapped around me hold me still, I glanced behind me to see Zero attempting to keep me from going over there and beating some sense into the two girls claiming to be my family.

"Y/n please don't go out there." Zero whispered as I looked back at her. "Why do you care?! I thought you wanted me dead?!" Zero wanted to say something but decided against it and buried her face into my back.

'What is wrong with this girl one moment she wants me dead the next she suddenly cares about me...'

I sighed before grabbing Zero's hands removing them from my waist as I turned around letting her go. I looked her in the eyes. "Zero what's going on with you? Why are you acting like this?" Zero quickly backed away causing her to automatically get spotted by the demon sisters.

"What do we have here. A proxy of the pathetic Slenderman." Zero quickly resolved herself in hopes they didn't catch wind of her fear.

"Why are the bastard children of that lame excuse of a demon you call an operator doing here in our territory."

[No one's PoV]

From what Y/n could hear the tall demon known as Stripes growled as the small one's skin began turning a pitch-black color. "Watch how you address our father, you bleached whore!" The tall demon shouts as she suddenly charges at Zero. Zero quickly braced for the hit as she started down the female demon, only to be saved by Y/n as he swiftly struck Stripes in the face from behind the tree, knocking her off balence sending her tumbling.

"I don't know who you are but you won't have your way here!"

Stripes looked up and noticed Y/n standing there besides Zero. "Brother..." Y/n clenched his teeth in anger before fully facing Stripes.

"I don't know who you think you are claiming to be my family, but they have been dead for more than 10 years!" Y/n shouted. "Why Y/n, Why do you serve that weakling Slenderman! You should be with us your a demon after all!" Stripes shouted back in confusion and anger.

"DON'T TALK LIKE YOU KNOW ME!" Y/n Shouted as he charged towards Strips. Y/n took a swing with his tonfas in a attempt to deliver a heavy blow to the demon calling herself his family, only to be blocked by the demon's so-called sister as she now stood pitch, pitch black skin with horns and multiple mouths.

"Even if you are our brother, you are an enemy right now." Lazari knock Y/n back with enough force sending him crashing into a distance tree.

Lazari looks at Zero. "Father is disappointed Zero, he wants your head for your betrayal." Zero glared at Lazari and Stripes. "I told you I refuse to be that bastard slave anymore, not after you guys left me for dead!" Zero said as she charged towards Lazari.

Meanwhile Y/n stood up slightly dazed from the impact against the tree. 'Shit demons hit hard...' He thought before shaking off his dizziness, and looking around for Zero and the demons. "Where did they go?..." Y/n says to himself.

(CRASH)

The sound of trees crashing alerting him to their location, as he rushed to join back in the fray.

Back with Zero, she was struggling to fend off the two demons as they relentlessly attacked her. 'Damn it! They're overwhelming me!' Zero was soon disarmed as her weapon was sent flying.

"You should've continued to serve father, maybe you wouldn't be standing so close to deaths door right now." Stripes says as she raises her hand before bring it down. Zero closed her eyes bracing for death.

(Slash)

Zero heard the impact but felt nothing, she soon opened her eyes to see Y/n standing in front of her, using his body as a shield. "W-What...? Why did you protect me like that...?" Zero ask as Y/n collapsed to a knee.

"Indeed dear brother, why did you protect this weakling?" Stripes ask shaking your blood of her hand in a single swing.

Y/n struggled but stood up, quickly pulling out the same flare gun he used to shoot Zero, and fired a shot towards the demons, blinding them. Y/n quickly picked up Zero bridal style and carried her away from the demon duo.

"What we're you think?!" Zero yelled as she smacked Y/n chest making him growl in pain. Zero took notice of this and pulled back looking down in shame. "Why did you risk your life to save mine?" Zero ask not even looking Y/n in the eyes, as he kept running.

"I don't know why, I saw you about to be killed and my legs started moving on their own, next thing I know im taking the hit that was meant to kill you..." Zero lightly glided her fingers across the deep gash going down his chest. Y/n came to a stop and set Zero on the ground up against a tree, while breathing heavily. "Stay here, I'll..."

"You won't live!..." Y/n looked at Zero as she looked at the ground. "Sacrificing yourself for someone who made your life hell, are you crazy?!" Y/n knelt down cupping Zero's face as she flinches from the gentle touch. He lifted her head up making her look at him.

"I live in a mansion full of demons, killers, and ghosts, I think sanity was long gone after the first few weeks." Zero couldn't help but noticed the gentle smile on Y/n's face before he let go of her face, walking away towards where the demon girls where. "Now if you will excuse me I have some people who act like there my family, and they need to be thought a lesson."

Zero tried to get up but her body wouldn't move, still frozen with fear at the demon girls strength and just how close to death she truly was. "I- I'm sorry..." Y/n turned back to her waving it off before turning and in a full sprint ran to confront the demons. The last thing Zero noticed before Y/n was out of sight, was that his wounds where completely healed, her only thought was...

'He really does have bastards blood running through him and yet I can't bring myself to hate him...'

[Timeskip to Y/n appearing in front of the demon sister]

Y/n returned to the spot where he last saw the two female demons as he saw the remnants of the burning flare dimly glowing, he could still feel their presence in the air he knew that wouldn't give up so easily. He took a deep breath before shouting.

"COME ON OUT DEMOMIC BITCHES! I KNOW YOU DON'T GIVE UP THAT EASILY!"

Lazari and Stripes appeared from the shadows. "How rude... to treat your own family with such cruelty..."

"Shut the hell up! I told you already, my family died over 10 years ago!" Y/n growled.

"If that's the case then explain your healed wounds I inflicted on you earlier. You feel it too the zalgoiod connection we have it runs through your blood as well."

"..." Y/n stood there at first questioning how she knew about his healing so easy and along with the fact that he did feel some kind of connection, but at the same time he felt like it was some kind of trick. After some thought Y/n took up a boxers stances with tonfas in hand, glaring at Stripes. "Sorry bitch but like I said my family is dead and has been for a long time, im not buying what your selling."

Stripes sighed as before looking at you and in a instance she was gone, as Lazari stood there watching you. You held up you guard focusing on any sign of disturbance, but it failed as you was suddenly hit from behind sending you flying towards Lazari.

Lazari raises a leg attempting to kick Y/n, but he dodges in time and counters with a punch to the face but it had only stagger her a short distance. "That's it, that's all the power you bring to the fight... You should have trained much harder Y/n." Lazari reels her arm back punching you in the gut, causing you to fall over holding your stomach as you coughed up blood.

Stripes walked up to the two, looking down at you. "If only you had listened, you wouldn't be on the ground now. Don't worry you be healed up and with your family soon enough, but first we need to teach that traitor a lesson, and who better to do so than you.~"

You looked at her in disgust. "Like hell I'm going to turn on them!" Stripes chuckled at this remark.

"You act like you had a choice in the matter." She says before pulling a glowing red crystal out of her pocket. "You had your chance to join willingly now we're taking you." The red crystal began to shine brightly as it got closer to you, your last thought before being enveloped in the crimson light was...

'Slender, everyone, I'm sorry...for being so weak..."

[Timeskip to Slender mansion]
[Mistwalker's PoV]

Everyone in the mansion was relaxing except for me I was still upset that almost everyone treated Y/n like he was an enemy even though he was so faithful to us despite being kidnapped by us.

I was in the training room unleashing my frustration on a punching bag. "The nerve of those guys! Treating him like that!" I slammed my fist into the poor training bag sendingg it flying into the wall as sasand exploded everywhere.

(Knock knock)

I hear the door open to see Clockwork with a plate of food. "I brought some food, hopefully it help you calm down." I'm felt my fist loosen up as Clockwork walked up to me handing me a plate. I sighed. "Sorry Clocky, I'm just upset with everything going on, it's been stressing me out."

Clocky nodded before beginning to eat her food. "Though you know how it is here? There's always something going on." I huffed. "I know but this feels more concerning than those other times..." Clockwork reached over petting my head, causing me to purr as I smile softly at my lover. "Thanks love." Clockwork smiled, I was about to dig in to my food when I caught the scent of blood and it wasn't just anyone's blood it was Zero's and Y/n's blood.

I dropped my plate, I had a bad feeling in my gut, it told me to hurry. "Clocky go get Slender get everyone!" Clockwork looked confused. "Why I thought you was pissed at them?" Suddenly a roar so loud, shakes the mansion and confirms my worse fear.

I rushed out the door shouting. "GET EVERYONE TELL THEM TO HER Y/N AND ZERO ARE IN TROULBE AND I SMELL THEIR BLOOD, LOTS OF IT!"

My only thought as I raced through the forest was... 'Please let me make it in time, we can't lose anymore proxies...'

[Timeskip to the location of the roar]
[No one's PoV]

As Mistwalker arrived on scene she could smell Y/n and Zero's blood more clearly mainly Zero's Y/no blood was faint but it also changed it smelled more demonic. Mistwalker investigated the area when she happened on a demon holding a bloody and beaten Zero by her throat, but something was off that demon smelled a lot like Y/n, he was even wearing his clothes. Mistwalker ignore the thought and rushed the demon knocking him away as his grip on Zero was released.

"Zero, what happened?! Where's Y/n?!" Mistwalker ask the bloody pale white killer. Zero pointed at the demon.

"T-That's Y/n... H-He came back normal, and when I asked what happened he... attacked me then turned into that...he" Zero said coughing up blood in between breaths as she had tears threatened to fall from her face. Mistwalker looked at Zero in shock before looking at the demon that was now supposedly Y/n.

There the demon stood in a freshly torn and bloody gray t-shirt and blue jean shorts, his skin was pitch-blackk with red jagged lines going throughout his body, a pair of horns growing from his head and off his shoulders, there was an eye on the back of each of his hands, a second mouth on his stomach, and a tail with a scaly tip.

Mistwalker noticed the crimson stone around the demon Y/n's neck inbeded in his chest. The necklace gave her bad vibes, as she looked at Zero. "Zero did he have that necklace on when yall left the mansion?!" Zero shook her head no.

"Well well, just the black wolf, I was about to go look for, father will be very pleased with me." The demonic Y/n said.

Mistwalker turned her gaze from Zero and looked at Y/N...No - This abomination wasn't her friend; not the one who has been loyal to Slenderman and the other. "Nice Stone." She sassed, pointing at the glowing necklace. "Used it to hijack my friend's body to wear him like a cheap suit?" Mistwalker asked with a raised eyebrow and ear, one of her canines poking out her mouth.

The demonic Y/n chuckled at the black wolf's accusation."Ah, but that where you wrong." The demonic Y/n smirked at the wolf. "I am your friend... well im his inner darkness brought forth. You see he probably know already knows what he is. He just chooses to deny himself this magnificent power!" Y/n laughs maniacally.

Mistwalker looked at The Y/N Zalgoiod before turning her gaze to Zero. "Just hold on a bit longer. I'll get our knucklehead back." Mistwalker's Green Eye flashed gold before a faint, black mist covered her from head to toe.

"Shadow Twin." She spoke. Mistwalker took two steps to the right but the mist cloud remained; taking the shape of Mistwalker. The Shadow Twin picked Zero in it's gased but solid arms. "Tell them what happened." Mistwalker ordered her clone before it turned on its heel and ran in the direction of the mansion with the injured white-skinned girl; leaving Mistwalker alone at the river's edge with the monstrosity.

"Aww how cute you think reinforcement can save you."The zalgoiod Y/n cracked his knuckles before slamming his foot into the ground and kicking off in a frenzied dash toward his prey. "Let's see if you can survive long enough for them to get here!" The Zalgoiod Y/n said, before clenching his fist and swinging a strong right hook.

Mistwalker's Fight or Flight Instincts kicked in as she ducked just before the first could meet her face, dropping to her hands and feet in a crouch, she shot her right foot out, burying it in Y/N's Stomach, sending him sliding back before she rose to her feet.

"You think I want them here?" She chuckled. "That's where you're wrong - You ain't the only one hiding power." With that, a burst of wind laced with black mist erupted from Mistwalker's Body; causing the ground to crack under her feet, the trees to tremble, and the water to wave wildly.

Y/n stared at the massive amounts of black mist that surrounded the wolf girl, he chuckled as he dashed at her thinking she left herself wide open to a fatal attack."Stand in one spot for to long and you'll leave yourself open!" Y/n slashed at the black mist with his claws.

Quicker than a heartbeat, Mistwalker's Claws were locked with Y/N's as the girl's body began pulsing and growing. Her face became more beastly as her ashy hair turned blacker than ink and grew all over her body like fur. Soon enough, Y/N came face to face with the snarling glare of a full grown Lycan.

"You Fucked With My Pack..." Suddenly, Y/N's Eyes widen as Mistwalker began lifting him up by his claws. "THE WILDS WILL TAKE YOUR SORRY ASS!" The Behemoth roared as she tossed Y/N into a stone wall on the other side of the river.

Y/n groaned then got up shaking the dust off himself, then looked at the giant lycan before laughing. Hahahaha... All that buildup and you turn into a overgrown furry! Talk about anticlimactic! Y/n unleashed more demonic energy. The eyes on his hands began to look like that of a snake or dragon's eye. The mouth on his stomach started growling, his tail became as sharp as a blade. "I've played long enough with you. I was hoping you'd prove to be a challenge but..." 

Y/n vanished from the spot he was standing in, throwing of the lycan, only for him to reappear punching her in the gut sending her flying through multiple trees and boulders."You've only serve to be a letdown... now stay down and come quietly like the obedient dog you are."

As the dust settles, Mistwalker's giant body picked itself from the rumble with a chuckle in it's throat. "Is that all you've got, and you're supposed to be Zalgo's Son? Pathetic."

Y/n growled before forming a ball of fire in his hands and started firing a barrage of them towards the beast."I'll bring back your head and my father will still be pleased!"

As the fire balls came close, The Behemoth's Tail rose and batted them away in different directions as if they were nothing but flies. Y/n was already behind the beast has he placed a hamd on her back and started burning away her flesh."Your too cocky."

A Wide Grin appears across the monster's face. "And you're too naive." Y/N's Body suddenly locks up as shadows from the ground wrap around his body starting from his legs to his arms; moving his hand from Mistwalker's back and spreading them out wide. Mistwalker slowly turns around and the look in her eyes... that's not Mistwalker.

Y/n looked shocked at this new personality inhabiting the beast. "Who in the hell are you?! Y/n shouted at the beast as he struggled to get free. 

"I am the TRUE Beast. The One Mistwalker suppresses around all of you. The Hunger...The Bloodlust...The Carnivore." The Creature growled out. Opening it's jaws, showing the razor sharp teeth and red steam coming out of it's mouth and eyes. "Feel Us." The Creature suddenly rocketed to Y/N's open chest and stomach, before another and another one; each one quicker and quicker than the last one.

"It's been so long since I felt this - The Bloodlust! The Pain! No matter how much I dish out or how much I take...I KEEP GETTING STRONGER!!!" The Beast roared out throwing another punch but this one... hit right in the glowing gem; cracking it.

The zalgoiod Y/n flinched from the cracked in the gem, his control of and the darkness slowly faded away. The zalgoiod Y/n was fed up and unleashed all his rage.

"ENOUGH!" Y/n released a firey darkness that burned away the shadows pushing back this new entity. "THIS ENDS NOW!" Y/n shouts as he fires dark firey arrows piercing the beast limbs, he then punches the beast in the chest with both hands puncturing her flesh and starts burning her insides all while avoiding her heart and lungs as much as possible."Your lucky father wants you alive!"

The Beast chuckles before it goes into full blown laughter. "MORE! GIVE ME MORE PAIN!" It's snatched one of its arms back and dark black flames danced in it. "GIVE ME MORE POWER!!" With that roar, the fist shoots foreword crashed into the gem, shattering a few shards and cracking it deep before Y/N goes flying before he crashes to the ground and skips like a stone.

The darkness that took a hold of the real Y/n began retreating back inside of Y/n's body, but the darkness had one final plan before it returned. "I'm not going without completing my mission!"

Zalgoiod Y/n picked himself up before blasting him forward as he shot a couple blast of fire at the beast feet creating a smoking screen, he hid among the smoke before reaching it to the monster open wound and blasted her heart with enough strength to stop her heart from beating as he crashed to the ground, the darkness completely withdrawn back inside Y/n's heart.

The Creature crashes beside Y/N before steams flows from it's body, when it's clear, Mistwalker's Bruised and Battered Body is laying beside her friend - completely damaged but Alive and Conscious. Looking at Y/N with her tired eye, she reached into her pocket, ignoring the pain to get a vial of green liquid and gulping it down her gullot; allowing some of her body to heal.Mistwalker pushed herself to her knees and moved to gather her friend in her arms before rising on shaking feet. "Do... Don't worry, Y/N... I'll get us home." Mistwalker spoke weakly before she began walking in the direction of the mansion.

"You won't be going anywhere but with us." and says as she and Lazari appear out of the shadows watching the beaten wolf attempt to save her friend. "You put up a good show bit now your going to take a little nap."Stripes suddenly appears behind the weakened Mistwalker knocking her out with a solid hit to the back her head.

Mistwalker's hold on Y/N was broken as her mind faded into darkness but before losing the light in her eyes, she whispered our one word..."Natalie..."

[Meanwhile at Slender's mansion]

Zero was in Nurse Ann's medical room resting, her and Mistwalker's shadow just finished informing Slender and his proxies about what transpired.

Mistwalker's shadow soon began to fade away. She quickly informed them the both Y/n and Mistwalker have been defeated and had been captured by Stripes and Lazari. Slenderman was pissed, he knew he should've kept a better watch on Y/n, and now Zaglo would soon have even more power at his disposal. "Slender there has to be something we can do?"  Ben asked feeling slightly bad.

"OH NOW YOU CARE! Clockwork yelled catching everyone but Slenderman off guard. " Y/N AND MIST HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT LOYAL, ESPECIALLY Y/N CONSIDERING WE KIDNAPPED HIM! AND YOU GUYS WANT TO TREAT HIM LIKE HE'S THE ENEMY AND FOR WHAT, BECAUSE THAT BASTARD ZALGO'S BLOOD RUN IN HIS VEIN!" Clockwork was fuming as the clock in her left eye began spinning rapidly as she started to have a massive tick that made everyone nervous. "NOW WE ARE DOWN TWO PROXIES AND KNOWING THAT BASTARD HE WILL TRY AND TURN THEM AND... and..." Clockwork ran away from the group crying knowing that she very will maybe end up having to fight her lover, though unbeknownst to them a certain pale bleached killer had woken up from the commotion and heard the whole conversation. She slowly collapsed against the wall, thinking that it was her fault this mess even happened.

After a some time crying she wiped away her tears and intended on making a plan to go rescue her Mistwalker and Y/n, even if it meant going it alone, she wanted to start over with him. She got up and walked back into Ann's room and grabbed her hammer, her only thought was...

'Mistwalker, Y/n I'm sorry I'll make it up to you both as soon as your safe...'

A/n: I am so sorry for how long it took these two chapters was originally supposed to be one chapter which would been well over 8k words. I've been unconsciously writing longer and longer chapters which have been taking longer and longer to write. That being said I am leaving a poll to for you guys. With that being said I'll see you guys in the next one

Xir out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.6K 712 26
This is a way for me to start writing and let my emotions to flow. I hope you enjoy as this is my first story. Have a nice day/night! (this story has...
6.2K 189 38
What would it be like being a CC... Hello, just to get one thing clear this ISN'T and xreader or ship book, though there may be mentions of ships and...
64.4K 1.6K 41
So this is my first Time ever writing something like this so don't come at me x3 this is a Skephalo x Reader story (female) but please replace the fe...
7.5K 155 21
Since this is my first fanfiction, it might be bad. But I hope you enjoy it! <3 and I will most likely make multiple creepypasta fanfictions, and...