Work This Out

Galing kay ASE715

BOOK 2 OF 3 SHIELD is compromised, an evil murder bot named Pinocchio, and a Civil War! How will the Avengers... Higit pa

Chapter 1 ~ New Years
Chapter 2 ~ Goodbye for now
Chapter 3 ~ On your left
Chapter 4 ~ This isn't freedom, this is fear
Chapter 5 ~ Surprises
Chapter 6 ~ 1:03 a.m.
Chapter 7 ~ Monster
Chapter 8 ~ Ghost Story
Chapter 9 ~ On the run
Chapter 10 ~ Algorism?
Chapter 11 ~ The Winter Soldier
Chapter 12 ~ Bucky?
Chapter 13 ~ I am damaged
Chapter 14 ~ Remember your promise to me
Chapter 15 ~ When do we start?
Chapter 16 ~ Father, daughter time
Chapter 17 ~ Big Fun
Chapter 18 ~ Birthday
Chapter 19 ~ I found it
Chapter 20 ~ Language!
Chapter 21 ~ Not worthy
Chapter 22 ~ Pinocchio
Chapter 23 ~ Speed Racer
Chapter 24 ~ Safe house
Chapter 25 ~ Whiny murder bot
Chapter 26 ~ Unspoken thing
Chapter 27 ~ Saving the world again
Chapter 28 ~ Dead girl walking
Chapter 29 ~ Showtime a-holes
Chapter 30 ~ Avengers A-
Chapter 31 ~ Rage
Chapter 32 ~ Star Spangled Man With A Plan
Chapter 33 ~ Did he just say, 'Hi I'm Scott'?
Chapter 34 ~ Candy Store
Chapter 35 ~ Beautiful
Chapter 36 ~ Seventeen
Chapter 37 ~ Go back to sleep and starve
Chapter 38 ~ Can we not fight anymore?
Chapter 39 ~ Work this out
Chapter 40 ~ I couldn't honestly give two fucks right now
Chapter 41 ~ Can't touch this
Chapter 42 ~ Criminals
Chapter 43 ~ Not the only Winter Soldier
Chapter 44 ~ We know a guy
Chapter 45 ~ Main Attraction
Chapter 46 ~ You did it, Nick Carraway
Chapter 47 ~ Did you know?
Chapter 48 ~ I'll be there
Chapter 50 ~ Graduation
Third Book is up!

Chapter 49 ~ Detention

766 20 5
Galing kay ASE715

Roy and I walk the halls of the school on our way to class. People murmuring and whispering to each other like always whenever we pass by. This time they're probably talking about the breakup of the Avengers or how I'm probably supposed to be in jail or something.

Roy and I have Precalc next, but to get to that class you have to get through the freshman hallway which is always so frickin' crowded. It's ridiculous honestly. They just stand in the middle of the hallway and they see people trying to get by and don't have enough sense to move out of the way or lean against a locker. Then when you try asking them to move nicely they catch an attitude or don't listen to you so then when you push them they get mad at you because they were in the way. This is why I hate people.

We walk through the freshman hallway, but there's a crowd, like usual, but this time it's bigger than normal.

"Fight, fight, fight!" We hear kids yell from the crowd.

Roy and I share a look. He shrugs and walks over to the crowd with me following right behind him. I mean who doesn't love a good fight. We push through the people so we could get to the front and see who's fighting, but when I see who it is my blood starts to boil. It's Flash Thompson beating on Peter who is curled up in a corner, taking the hits. Flash raises his fist to punch Peter once more, but I step in front of him and grab his wrist.

"Leave him alone, Flash," I growl at him.

Peter looks up at me in his curled position. I let go of Flash's wrist and help Peter to his feet. He has a busted lip, a bruise starting to form on his right cheek, and a small cut on his left cheek.

"Come on, Penis Parker. Now you have a girl fighting your battles." Flash teases.

"Knock it off," I warn him.

"Why are you defending this loser anyway?" Flash asks.

"Because this so-called 'loser' is my friend and if he's a loser then I guess that makes me one too."

Peter looks at me in surprise. I look back at him and give him a wink.

"Final warning, Flash. Leave Peter a--"

I'm cut off by a stinging sensation on my lip.

"Did he just hit a girl?" People in the crowd say.

"Oh she gonna fuck him up now." Some other people say.

"He just hit a superhero is he dumb?" More people say.

I touch my lip to find it bleeding then look back at Flash. "Oh you're so dead," I say and sweep his feet and pin him to the ground, ignoring the pain in my ribcage. I raise my fist to punch him.

"(Y/n) don't," Roy calls out to me.

I don't listen however and still go to punch him, but then I feel a pair of arms grab me, lifting me off of Flash. I look back to see it's Peter.

"Peter Parker let go of me this instant!" I yell at him.

"You're gonna kill him." Peter tries to reason.

"He should've never hit me then!" I yell.

Flash gets up from the ground. "They should've put you in prison." Flash spits at me.

"They're gonna have to after I'm done with you!"

"What's going on here!" The principal, Jim Morita, walks through the crowd and to us. He looks at the three in the center of the crowd. "Parker, Rogers, Thompson, my office now."

Peter lets go of me and I glare at Flash. I walk past him and bump his shoulder as I make my way to the principal's office with them following behind me.

...

"Fucking detention! He gave us fucking detention!" I yell unbelievably as Peter, Flash, and I walk into the detention room.

"You tried to kill me!" Flash yells.

"I wasn't gonna kill you, you little pussy. I was simply gonna beat the snot out of you until you couldn't move a single muscle." I reply with an innocent smirk.

Flash and Peter look at me in shock.

"Alright find a seat and no talking," Coach says as he comes into the room.

I sit in the back of the room, Peter sitting on the left of me. Flash sits in the back too, but in a corner away from us. Coach brings out a TV and turns it on.

"So... you got detention. You screwed up."

I look up to the sound of the voice I haven't heard for three weeks now. I see Dad on the TV screen, pulling up a chair. He's wearing his Captain America suit and has a dorky smile on his face.

"You know what you did was wrong. The question is, how are you gonna make things right? Maybe you were trying to be cool. But take it from a guy who's been frozen for 65 years, the only way to really be cool is to follow the rules."

Oh that's complete bullshit! He never follows a single damn rule which is why people consider him a frickin' criminal right now.

"We all know what's right. We all know what's wrong. Next time those turkeys try to convince you of something you know is wrong... just think to yourself, what would Captain America do?"

Uh yeah he would just punch his way out of every situation, knowing him. I remember watching him recording this and I had to contain my laughter, but right now I'm not fucking amused. I'm irritated and mad. At him, at myself, at the whole frickin' world. Why couldn't things just go back to the way they were? To the simpler times where we fought a bad guy and then celebrate at one of Tony's parties.

I look over at Peter to see him bashing his head on the table. I then look to my right and see MJ sitting next to me.

"You don't even have detention. What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I like coming here to sketch people in crisis." She replies and then holds up her sketchbook. "Look, it's you."

To be fair it's a pretty good drawing of my mood right now. I look back at the TV, seeing Dad looking all dorky. I really just wish he was here.

"So your body's changing. Believe me, I know how that feels."

My eyes widen and I stand up from my seat. This man can barely talk to a woman so I do not want to hear what he has to say about puberty. He literally freaked out when he saw blood on my underwear when I was trying to scrub it out. Not to mention when I ask him to get me pads he always seems awkward and uncomfortable about it.

I walk out of the classroom with the coach yelling after me, but I don't care. I'm not staying for that talk and honestly I would rather be yelled at by him in person than hear that talk, but unfortunately he's not here. To be fair though he wouldn't yell at me for standing up for a friend because I know he hates bullies. Tony Stark, on the other hand, doesn't seem to give a flying crap because as soon as I step foot in the compound he's right there ready to yell at me.

"A fight?! Are you serious right now?!"

This is the shit I have to deal with.

"He hit me first!" I yell back.

"You only have a week left of school and you're getting into fights!"

"You know my parents always told me that if someone hits me I have the right to hit them back!"

"Was that your real parents or Cap? Because newsflash kid, they're all gone!"

"The kid was beating up on Peter! What was I supposed to do? Watch him get beat up like that?!"

"Someone was picking on Peter?" He asks softly this time.

"Yeah they were, but it's not like you fucking care anyway! The only person you care about is yourself!"

Tony looks at me, taken aback at what I just said. I can see the hint of hurt in his eyes, but I'm too mad to care at the moment.

"Go to your room." He orders.

"With pleasure," I say and stomp to my room, slamming the door behind me.

I plop myself on my bed and scream into my pillow. Why does the world hate me? Luckily for me I stay in my room most of the time anyway so jokes on Tony.

I stay in my room for hours, just listening to music or thinking about where my life went so horribly wrong. I didn't even come out for food so I'm just sitting here starving, but I'd rather do that then face Tony and his snappy attitude. I wish I had a mini-fridge in my room sometimes. I have everything I need in here to suffice me, but a mini-fridge because honestly if I had one then I would never have to leave my room unless to stock up my fridge of course.

"Little Rogers, Mr. Stark would like to speak to you." FRIDAY's voice sounds in my room.

"Tell him he can kiss my ass!" I yell at the ceiling.

Everything goes silent again and I think I've won, but then I hear a knock on the door a few minutes later.

"Go away!" I yell and throw a pillow at the door.

"(Y/n) can we just talk?" Tony says from outside my room.

"I don't know. Are you done being a jackass?"

"Excuse me?"

"Come in."

Tony slowly opens the door and closes it behind him. He comes over and sits on the edge of my bed. I sit up and face him.

Tony sighs and looks at me. "Look. I know this isn't how you wanted things to turn out and honestly I wish things could go back to the way they used to be." He says as he looks at me.

Before he can continue, I start talking. "Tony I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I know you care about me and Pete a lot. It's just..." I look down at my hands. "I'm so mad right now. Mad at you, mad at Dad, myself, I'm just mad at the whole world."

"That just might be your teenage hormones talking." Tony jokes which earns a chuckle from me. "I'm just trying to be a father type figure. Someone you can always talk to."

"No offense Tony but you're more of a fun, cool uncle and you probably don't even know how to handle a child," I say to him.

"I'm handling you aren't I?" He asks as he playfully nudges my shoulder. "But I'll take being a fun, cool uncle." He smiles down at me and I smile up at him.

I lunge forward and give him a hug. "Thank you, Tony."

One more chapter left!

—ASE715

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

89.7K 1.8K 28
BOOK 1 OF 3 (Y/n) (L/n) is a not so normal fourteen year old girl with powers. She was kidnapped when she was five, experimented on, but she doesn't...
4.8K 265 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 πŽπ… πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
10.3K 178 52
Elisabeth, Libby, Rogers, though being younger, always took it upon herself to look after her often sickly elder brother. A fight in an alley brings...