Defender ||Lloyd x Reader||

By SierraFantasies

A girl with h/c hair and e/c eyes attracts the attention of a certain blond boy during her first day at Ninja... More

Chapter 1: An Enemy And A Friend
Chapter 2: Snarky Sharky
Chapter 3: I'm In A Gang Now
Chapter 4: The "Void" Prophecy
Chapter 5: Mackenzie This, Mackenzie That
Chapter 6: They Need A Pay Raise
Chapter 7: Stalkers Stalk Each Other
Chapter 8 Part 1: A Class, A Cruise, A Burden, A Bruise
Chapter 8 Part 2: A Class
Chapter 8 Part 3: A Cruise
Chapter 8 Part 4: A Burden
Chapter 8 Part 5: A Bruise
Chapter 9: Broken Things
Chapter 10: New Family
Chapter 11: The Return Of The Snarky Sharky
Chapter 12: Beyond Space
Chapter 13: His Deal
Chapter 14: I'm Sorry
Chapter 15: Midnight
Chapter 16: Saving A Relationship
Chapter 17: Back With The Team
Chapter 18: The Ninja's Sensei
Chapter 19: A Day With The Enemy
Chapter 20: The Quiet One
Chapter 21: From Another World
Chapter 22: Detective Y/N
Chapter 23: The Prison of Reunion
Chapter 25: The Turntables
Chapter 26: Shattered Hope
Chapter 27: The Domino Effect
Chapter 28: Duplicate

Chapter 24: Chaotic Uprisings

2.3K 79 178
By SierraFantasies

I don't know what to write so here you go. Sorry that it took a while to update! Enjoy! :)

Word Count: 4198

The ninja were running through the halls of the monastery, a determined look spread across their faces as they searched for their weapons. Zane stopped one last time to check on Misako who was in the medical room unconscious with IV's pumping fluids into her veins.

Because of his absence throughout the week, Lloyd promised he would be at training over the weekend. However, he broke his promise demonstrating unworthy behavior as the Green Ninja and a disappointed Sensei.

Sensei Wu knew this was out of character for the rule following boy so he waited throughout the week with high hopes that the boy would show up and explain this confusion. However, he never showed to Wu's dismay.

On Monday, when the ninja went back to the boring schedule of school, Lloyd wasn't present at school and neither was Y/N.

During lunch, Kai looked down at his phone seeing all the texts that were left on delivered. Kai sighed looking back up at his team as Harumi was telling them that Lloyd and Y/N were probably doing fine, "I'm going to head over to Lloyd's place after school and give them the homework and see what's going on."

The team looked up at him and nodded before changing the subject off of the two absent members of their team and to on whatever topic sparked in their brains. 

As the bell rang for school to end, Kai said a quick bye to his sister who gave him a wide smile and telling him goodbye as well.

Kai ran through the streets of Ninjago towards the apartment Lloyd and Y/N resided in. His backpack bounced up and down with every stride he took. He stopped running when he found the apartment before going inside as if he was walking the entire time.

He climbed the stairs to their floor, found the door into their flat, and knocked a couple of times on it. His lips formed a thin line as he got no answer to his knocks. Taking it one step further, Kai jiggled the doorknob and to his delightful surprise, it was actually opened.

Kai smiled at his achievement before stepping in and frowning in realization, "Why would the door be unlocked?" He mumbled to himself, cautiously stepping into the flat which was dead silent.

Skipping the kitchen, Kai went to knock on Lloyd's door but he found it open with no Lloyd in it. The only thing he found was a neat room with the exception of crumbled sheets of paper littered on the floor by his bedside.

Kai knocked on what he was guessing was Y/N's room as he hadn't been back to Lloyd's house since Y/N moved in and other, more catastrophic events happened. When he received no answer he yelled a quick 'I'm coming in' so that he wouldn't accidentally walk in on the girl when he wasn't supposed to.

Kai slowly turned the doorknob waiting for any protest but got none and soon the whole door was opened. The bed looked used as the sheets were tousled from a night's rest. Pajamas were thrown near her hamper not making it in, in the slightest. Like the girl hurried to switch out of her sleepwear.

Kai's brow furrowed and he walked back through the apartment that was neat and tidy. He walked through the house to the kitchen and when he turned into the said place he jumped with a yelp.

"Oh my-" Kai started to say but quickly reached in his bag, sliding passed his phone and finding the small communicator the team used for ninja business only clicking on the emergency button which would give out his location to his team.

After contacting his team, Kai slid over to where Misako's unconscious body lay. He fingered around her next checking for a pulse, sighing in relief when he found a steady heartbeat.

His eyes flashed around the kitchen, looking at the broken and cracked phone that laid lifeless a few feet away from Misako. Small pieces of the glass were scattered around the small kitchen. 

Zane, Cole, Jay, and Nya got their quickly upon Kai's distress call, all in their ninja suits. They gasped at the sight of Misako sprawled out on the floor and Kai kneeling beside her.

Cole rushed over and picked up Misako's body shouting orders to the team as their true leader wasn't their, "Me and Zane are going to head back and get her to the medical station. Jay and Nya, search the house. Kai, inspect the kitchen first for signs of any weapon."

They all nodded and got to work. Zane and Cole finding the fire escape ladder, opening that window and jumping out, summoning their dragons as they jumped into the air.

Jay went and inspected the notes in the room, grabbing a few things that he found while Nya checked Y/N's room.

Kai examined the kitchen finding nothing but the broken phone and questions upon questions. With sighs and no answers, the team left an hour later after clearing through the whole apartment noticing that almost nothing was stolen or touched.

When they got back to the monastery they all walked towards the medical room, knowing Cole and Zane would be in their. They also saw Sensei with a worried look by the white bed Misako laid on.

Zane was in the process of examining Misako for any injury and taking blood samples of her so that he could test them.

After minutes of tense silence Zane called out towards the team, looking at the readings that just came in, "Guys, come look at this!"

Multiple pairs of feet scampered towards the nindroid with the exception of their Sensei who was content in staying by Misako's side.

"She was overdosed!?" Nya gasped, unbelieving of the message she read from the tests.

"By the readings, I'm thinking she was overdosed with a few strong sleeping pill which would explain my theory that she's been passed out for a day or two," Zane informed them, taking a step back from the computer.

"Who do you think could've done this?" Kai wondered, looking up at Zane from the computer.

"What about Garmadon?" Cole butted in, giving his own ideas to the conversaton.

"Garmadon wouldn't do that to her, not to his wife," Wu stated from Misako's bedside.

The team turned their heads to look at their Sensei, "Then who would have done it? We don't know of any different villains" Jay said, mirroring Kai's original question.

"I don't know," Wu muttered as he strutted towards the team and away from Misako's bedside.

"What about Lloyd and Y/N?" Nya asked, worried, "Do you think they have anything to do with this?"

"We do know that Garmadon wants Lloyd. He said so when he kidnapped Y/N!" Kai thought out loud to his sister's statement.

"And we haven't heard from Garmadon in a while after Lloyd decided to ignore his request of bringing himself in," Jay said, looking from Nya to Kai.

"Sensei?" Zane asked, noticing their Sensei's silence.

Wu stroked his beard looking at his team of ninja before him, "Come, follow me. There is something I haven't told you yet."

The ninja glanced at each other with confused looks and walked out of the medical room with Sensei Wu, giving a last look at Misako who slept peacefully on the white bed.

"SO YOU, SENSEI WU, ARE TELLING ME THAT THERE WAS A PROPHECY THAT WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT QUITE POSSIBLY HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH LLOYD AND Y/N!?" Jay screeched as Sensei Wu showed them a scroll.

"What do you think the Void is?" Nya wondered, ignoring Jay's outburst.

"WHAT DOES THE WORDS 'LET EVERYTHING BE DESTROYED' MEAN??? ARE WE ALL GOING TO DIE!?!?! IS THAT IT!!! IS THIS FINALLY THE END TO OUR EXISTENCE!?!?!?!" Jay panicked stomping around the meditation room, as the rest of the team were huddled together talking about the scroll.

"Misako said she had more information but I think the enemy knew that as well which is why they attacked her," Sensei Wu stated looking at their scrunched faces that were focused on the old scroll.

"It says here that a dark shadow will take their true power," Zane says, examining the scroll, "Do you think the Void is an elemental power, Sensei?"

"OF COURSE IT MEANS THAT ZANE!" Jay yelled in his panicked state, "DON'T YOU GET IT!?!? THIS ELEMENTAL POWER IS GOING TO TORMENT US UNTIL THE DAY OF OUR DEATH AND WILL SLOWLY END US!"

"Are you done yet?" Nya deadpanned.

"NO I'M NOT DONE WITH MY EXTERNAL CRISIS JUST YET NYA! WHO DO YOU THINK I AM, SOMEONE WITH ALL THE ANSWERS," Jay's hyperactive voice hushed, "wait- I do have information I found in Lloyd's apartment."

"JAy YoU hAD wHaT!?" The team gasped and complained, "Why didn't you tell us!?"

"I forgot." Jay shrugged before taking out the few pieces of paper he found in Lloyd's room which Cole snatched away from the blue boy.

Cole's eyes narrowed in on the papers as he scanned through each quickly, "Some of the are letters between two people and the other is a blueprint for some kind of machine,"

Jay peeked over Cole's broad shoulders pointing out his own observations, "There are dates at the bottom of the blueprint as well!"

"September 21?" Cole raised his eyebrow at the random date.

"What does that mean?" Kai wondered out loud.

"I'm pretty sure that's a few days before we met Y/N- you know at the beginning of the school year," Nya informed them, a finger tapping on her chin as she thought.

"Don't you think that whoever has Lloyd and Y/N, inquiring that Lloyd and Y/N were kidnapped and did not just run away from home, has an interest with her if they know this information?" Cole looked at the team, waiting for their answers.

"The most logical choice is Garmadon we do not know of anyone else," Zane spoke looking for objection from his Sensei as he knew that Wu didn't believe it was his brother.

"But Garmadon wouldn't-" Wu said, trying to defend his brother once again.

"We don't know that Sensei, I think Zane is right. It could possibly be Garmadon or someone working with him. Even if it isn't I want to know that we at least tried," Kai interrupted, folding his arms together.

Their Sensei nodded his head sadly, agreeing with them, "Alright, you have my permission to go to Garmadon's base to look for Lloyd. Be safe Ninja."

"Thank you Sensei," The Ninja bowed before rushing to get their weapons while Kai had to put on his red gi to head out towards Garmadon's base. Zane decided to do one last check up on Misako to make sure she would remain stable, even though Wu would be watching her, before leaving with the team.

The sun was setting as the team of 5 ninjas flew over the crystal waters of the Ninjago coast. Reds, pinks, and purples were painted in the sky reflecting their colors of the ninja's faces as the wind lashed against there body the faster they traveled towards Garmadon's fortress. When they saw the smoke come up from the volcano in the distance, they knew they were close.

They traveled to a secluded part of the volcano where they knew the few minions that marched around the base entrance wouldn't see them. Sense they used their elemental dragons, they could desummon them in mere seconds making stealthy missions easier as they wouldn't have to use their mechs.

While their mechs carried multiple useful weapons and tools, they were big and couldn't disappear in the blink of an eye like the elemental dragons could. The elemental dragons were perfect for smaller, stealthier, and secretive missions such as this one.

They stepped onto the black rocks of the volcano where there wasn't lava flowing down. Their suits protecting them from the heat and the hot rock underneath them though Kai wouldn't mind even if he didn't have his suit on.

They traveled quickly and silently towards the large entrance to the base, avoiding lava rivers and hot gas that shot up from holes in the ground.

Nya started to use her water powers to keep everyone cool as some heat still seeped through their suits. They traveled for a few minutes until the water created by Nya dropped to the floor and sizzled into gas from the heat. Everyone stared back at Nya who had a confused look on her face as to why she couldn't make anymore water.

"Um- it must be to hot for me to form water as I'm unable to make anymore of it. Sorry guys!" Nya sheepishly explained to them.

They all laughed it off telling her that it was ok and they would just have to brave the heat for a little longer until they got inside the base. Drawing nearer to the entrance, they separated into two groups and hid behind two large black rocks that spiked out of the ground so that they wouldn't be seen.

"I haven't seen many of Garmadon's goons," Kai whispered loudly to his team so that they could all hear him, "How stupid is he? I'm starting to wonder why haven't we infiltrated his base before!"

Jay snickered to Kai's comment while Nya rolled her eyes before Zane began to tell the team his plan of getting in. They would stay in the shadows and go around the boxes finding the smallest entrance in, which was luckily on the side that they were on.

They hopped over the rocks, Kai going first being the cocky person he was, finding close boxes to use as places that they could hide behind as they made their way closer to the inside of the base. Kai, not only being cocky but also being the reckless person he also was, almost got spotted if it wasn't for Cole finding a good sized rock and yeeting it towards the minion, knocking him out.

Kai gave Cole a sheepish smile before dragging the minion behind a box so that he wouldn't be seen by any of his mates who would be on patrol with him.

Finally, the team was inside the base, sighing in relief as they felt the air conditioner. They cautiously walked through the base, glancing up and down the hallways inspecting the steel walls and doors that lined the walls. There was no one in sight but they kept their guard up nonetheless.

Zane began the process of hacking into the base's control room, turning off all the cameras and finding a map towards the prison where they thought Lloyd would be.

"Take a right," Zane's mechanical voice ordered and the team took a harsh turn down the right hallway as they were at a cross way.

"Up ahead take another right then a left," Zane stated and Cole lead the way down the hallway.

"The door should be on the left and there should be a staircase leading downwards," Zane informed them and they all looked to the doors on the left wondering which door it was.

Jay peeked through each window quickly looking for the stairs, "I don't think it's any of these-"

"Found it!" Cole shouted from the other side of the room.

"I thought Zane said the door's on the left side of the room!" Jay exclaimed, tilting his head in confusion as his whole team stood on the opposite side of the room.

"It is Motormouth! You're on the right side of the room," Kai rolled his eyes before walking up to Jay and dragging him by the collar through the door to the prison.

As Kai dragged Jay, Jay lifted his fingers to make L's to clear his confusion. When he realized he was wrong he mumbled, "Oh..."

Nya snickered at her boyfriend's childishness while her brother slapped his free palm on his face.

The Ninja walked down the stairs ready to fight off any guards who would be guarding the prison but to their surprise there was none.

Shrugging it off as good luck they quickly averted their attention to find Lloyd's cell.

"LLOYD!" They all yelled, seeing Lloyd in a cell chained.

Lloyd looked up at them, bags under his puffy, red eyes and bruises marking up and down on his skin, "Hey guys," he croaked.

Nya scanned the room for the cell keys and went to pick them off the wall. Nya quickly unlocked the cell and unchained Lloyd from the vengestone cuffs that were wrapped tightly on his wrists. He rubbed his wrists soothingly and thanked his team for helping them.

"Did Garmadon do this?" Kai asked, bringing his younger brother into a comforting hug.

"N-no, it was a guy called the Overlord!" Lloyd informed them and his eyes widened in the process, "Quick! We need to go find Y/N! He still has her!"

"Where is she? What happened?" Cole questioned, panicking because Lloyd was panicking.

"Th-the Overlord, he took away her elemental power! She has some power called the Void that the Overlord is going to use to destroy Ninjago and then rule over it," Lloyd warned them, his voice rough and coarse like sand.

They nodded, believing Lloyd and running back up the stairs. Lloyd leading the way settling back in his position as the team leader. He dashed through the hallways with his team hot on his tail.

He found a wall that held a few bookshelves, scanned over the multiple shelves for a red book that he pulled back. The team gasped in wonder and amazement as the bookshelves split apart to reveal a hidden, secret passage with stairs leading down to a new room.

The team shuffled down the stairs to a dark room lined with stone and the black rock outside of the base. Because of the stone a little light, most people would have thought this room would be cold on first glance but being in it, it was hot and humid. The AC was barely working down here and most of the light came from the orange glow of lava that hid behind some kind of glass that was lava proof.

The room was long and big. An empty throne made out of the black rock sat on the opposite side of the room. Next to the throne were to people, Garmadon and to the team's surprise, excepts Lloyd's, Harumi.

Lloyd began to smirk as the team gasped, seeing that their new friend had something to do with the disappearance of Lloyd and Y/N. Garmadon and Harumi's faces mirrored Lloyd's as the duo by the throne waited for the Ninja's response.

"Harumi what is the meaning of this!?" Nya questioned, not sure how to process the fact that the girl who sat at their lunch table earlier that day and told them that Lloyd and Y/N's absence would turn out fine and that they shouldn't worry to much was standing with Garmadon, seemingly turned against them.

Harumi giggled, her voice echoing through the room, "It never fails to amaze me how the innocent, naive girl trick always seems to work on you guys. While that trick always works, here's a new one for you."

Harumi nodded to Lloyd who nodded back to her before turning to the Ninja and throwing a punch at the nearest one of them which happened to be Jay.

Lloyd sent Jay into a wall. Jay hit the wall with a groan and slid down to the floor, doubling over in pain. He winced it off and charged back to the group who began to fight Lloyd.

"What's gotten into you, Lloyd!? We're teammates!" Cole yelled, swinging his scythe at Lloyd with the intention of making Lloyd back away, not wanting to hurt him.

Lloyd's hair faded into a raven black color, his eyes darkening in the green hue that it possessed. His smirk grew a little bit wider at the image of the ninja shocked and betrayed. 

The team took a step back, narrowing their eyes at the impostor who was pretending to be Lloyd, "Who are you and what have you done with Lloyd!

"Wouldn't you like to know," the Lloyd impostor snapped coldly, smirking as Harumi also jumped into battle with him. Garmadon clicked a button on a control that he had, his goons stormed into the room surrounding them in the process.

The ninja raised their weapons putting up a good fight against the multitude of minions surrounding them. Punches were thrown, kicks were sent, bodies flew into the walls around them, grunts of pain were heard, but they soon lost due to the numbers against them.

Each one of the Ninja fell to their knees one by one by either Harumi, the impostor, or a minion. Their forms were bruised and beaten even though their hearts weren't. They still had some fight left in them.

They were ready to get back up for a second round but the minions quickly put vengestone cuffs around each of their hands so they couldn't escape or try to attack like they were planning to do. They went silent knowing that they couldn't do much about it and the waves of weariness washed over them.

A hidden door behind the black throne opened and out came a demon-like man walking out from behind the throne and towards the glaring ninja in front of him. His body was surrounded by a glowing purple and his eyes were a mix between purple and red, gleaming with power.

He strode forwards with a girl in his arms, each step booming with authority and echoing in the room. The ninja's winced but kept their glares not wanting others to know that they were slightly intimidated by the unfamiliar monster that came into the room.

A thump was heard next to the ninja and they saw a pale body with blond hair on the ground. The real Lloyd. Standing over him was a boy with a slightly green and transparent skin, the raven hair that they saw Lloyd's hair turn into, and the dark, cold green eyes.

Their eyes widened at Lloyd's weak form laying on the ground. His body twitched and while Lloyd's eyes were closed, his hands moved to try to sit himself up. His cheeks were tear stained and the cuts and bruises on his body seemed like they multiplied compared to when they saw the impostor version of Lloyd in the cell.

The weak boy lifted himself onto his side, silently grunting as the demon-like thing walk towards the group with the girl in his hands. Kai, Nya, Jay, Zane, and Cole's heart ached to see their leader in such a state, especially since he so happened to be the youngest in their cozy, small group.

Nya turned her head away, unable to look at Lloyd any more and turned her face towards the demon thing. Her eyes widened in realization of who the girl was, "Y/N!" she gasped.

The team's head's snapped towards the man carrying the girl's body when Nya gasped. Lloyd's eyes slowly blinked open and his face softened, comforted when he saw Y/N's body, glad to be in the girl's presence once more.

The demon thing handed Y/N's body towards a minion who set her on the floor as the demon thing walked back to his throne. A grin spread across his face showing of his pointed and sharp teeth.

Lloyd slowly crawled towards his girlfriend, reaching his hands out towards her. He almost touched her when his hands were grabbed and cuffed with the same vengestone that his team was cuffed with.

The imposter tsked and Lloyd looked up at him, "Morro" Lloyd growled, revealing his name to the ninja.

"Thanks for letting me use your body again! We will have to do it again sometime, it was fun!" Morro smirked at Lloyd, teasing the poor boy.

Lloyd narrowed his eyes at Morro, scooting away from the boy and Harumi who was standing to the side with a similar expression. He did his best to pick up Y/N's limp body in his arm with the cuffs bring his ears to her chest listening to her heart beat. He sighed in relief, his eyes fluttering shut for the few second hearing the 'thump thump thump' noise that it made. 

Morro rolled his eyes, sickened by Lloyd's care for the girl. He dragged Y/N off of him and kicked Lloyd to the ground. The blond boy grunting in pain.

"HEY! STOP IT!" Kai snapped, frustrated that he couldn't do anything.

"YEAH! GET AWAY FROM THEM!" Cole yelled, supporting Kai's snap.

Morro's hands curled into fists and he was about to take a step forward to silence the two when a booming voice echoed through the room causing Morro to stop and bow, stepping back to where Harumi was standing, silently.

"You'll have time for that later Morro! Now is the time for something that we all have been waiting for! Now is the time to finish what we've started so long ago in our world!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.1K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
138K 6.5K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
626K 29.8K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
260K 11.7K 35
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...