Curves | ONC 2020 Shortlist

By Zoe_Blessing

When your girlfriend gives you a gym membership for your birthday, your relationship is probably doomed. Too... More

1. Jenny, Downtrodden
2. Enter Juliana
3. Jenny's First
4. Juliana, Totally Not a Stalker
5. Jenny, Falling
6. Juliana to the Rescue
7. Jenny Meets the Trainer
8. Juliana, Tongue-Tied
9. Jenny and the Business Card
10. Juliana, Not an Inappropriate Weirdo
11. Jenny Seeks Advice
12. Juliana Tries Not to Fangirl
13. Jenny, Mesmerized
14. Juliana Contemplates the Line
15. Jenny Contemplates Kettle Bells
16. Juliana and the Ghost
17. Jenny in Shock
18. Juliana Learns the Truth
19. Jenny Consults Mom Again
21. Jenny Gets Voicemail
22. Juliana Asks Questions
23. Jenny Learns Something
24. Juliana, Revealed
25. Jenny, Triumphant
26. Juliana vs. Nerves
27. Jenny Meets Noah
28. Juliana, More Than a Pretty Face
29. Jenny Wrestles with Esteem
30. Juliana and Biscuits and Gravy
31. Jenny Fights Her Tongue
32. Juliana, Silenced
33. Jenny, the Courageous

20. Juliana Makes a Tough Decision

7.8K 748 64
By Zoe_Blessing

She didn't want to do it, but this was the best course of action. She couldn't let Jenny sabotage her own success because an ex had shown up. And she couldn't let her attraction to Jenny grow any more than it already had. Reassigning her to another trainer was the smart thing to do.

Juliana took a deep breath and knocked on her supervisor's doorframe.

Natalie looked up and smiled. "My favorite employee, come on in."

"Isn't favoritism frowned upon?"

Natalie shrugged. "I'm still getting used to the whole supervisor thing. What's up?"

Juliana closed the door behind her and sat down. "Are you still taking on new clients?"

"Only in special cases, like referrals. What've you got?"

Juliana explained the entire story, leaving out the part about her crush on the client.

Natalie listened to the entire thing, nodding and making appropriate noises of acknowledgement. When the story was over, she remarked, "It's Curves, isn't it? The client is Curves."

Juliana blushed and dropped her eyes. "Yeah. How did you know?"

"I pay attention. And this is why you're my favorite employee. You do the right thing." She patted Juliana's arm. "Thank you. I'll take good care of her."

Juliana felt marginally better that Jenny would be in good hands with Natalie, but also marginally worse. Maybe more than marginally.

She wouldn't get to see Jenny up close anymore.

I know, I know. Super-short chapter. But Juliana didn't have much else to say or do during her turn. Vote anyway?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 18.9K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
12.3K 249 40
**In the process of being edited** Melanie Newman believed in happily ever afters. That was untill her parents forced her to break up with the person...
1.7K 109 35
She moved all the way from Maine to a small town in Nebraska just as her senior year began. Thankfully, she managed to make two friends on her first...
31.3K 1.3K 37
𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫...