BETRAYAL

By princessuniy

Have you ever had someone you loved more than anything betray you? Inseparable, triplets from different mothe... More

Author's note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Final author's note

16

131 9 0
By princessuniy

Katherine walked inside Martin's mansion. She has never seen anything like that before. And that was speaking a lot coming from her, being a very famous artist herself she has visited many places, many houses and still she was amazed by how grand and classic his home was.

"Wow I knew you are so rich now but still I wasn't prepared for this," she told him as she inspected the big living room they were standing in. "Your house is just gorgeous."

"I loved your house more, it's cozy and more homey," he told her as he remembers how her house felt when he went to pick her up. Her house was big enough and well decorated, it sure felt like an artist house. And still it had a homey feeling unlike his.

"Oh please! Mine is nothing compared to yours," Katherine laughed "I thought I had a fine house before but I feel poor looking at yours."

Martin laughed at that.

"Oh this way," Martin showed her to the small living room which was connected to the dining room. "Henry must be there."

Katherine entered the room, and she smiled as he saw the back of Martin's son as he put a dish on the table. Strangely he reminded her of her son. She ignored a wave of sadness which was threatening to take her.

"Son," Martin called him to announce their presence.

"Oh you're just on time," Michael turned with a smile on his face but it quickly vanished and was replaced by a look of surprise and sadness at the same time.

Katherine stood there without saying anything, without moving. Her legs couldn't move. A lot of emotions ran through her face. Tears filled her eyes. She didn't know how long she stood there, maybe it was just a second, maybe it was just a minute or ten. She was too shocked to move. Are my eyes deceiving me? Am I hallucinating? Were some of the many thoughts running in her head.

"This is the last one," Winnie said as she entered the dining room, unaware of Martin's arrival. She proceeded to place the dish on the table. After noticing the lack of response she looked at Michael and then looked around and-

"Mom Katherine!!" she exclaimed.

Katherine reluctantly turned her head to the direction of the familiar voice and saw Winnie. Why is she here? she couldn't grasp what was going on.

Katherine looked back at the person in front of her who looked exactly like her son and could be her son. That's if her eyes were not deceiving her. She thought maybe she was too broken that she was starting to hallucinate. Maybe she was too desperate that she was hallucinating. Only then finding the strength to move her legs, she slowly walked towards him. She looked deep in his eyes as she raised her trembling hands and touched his cheeks. She proceeded to stroke his hairs. He felt like her son. No, he was her son. It was more clear, she knows her son.

"You're really my son," she cried out,
"Michael!!!"

Michael who all that time stood there quietly as he also stared deep in her eyes and also had tears on his, quickly took her in for a hug. She hugged her so tightly. Katherine rested her head on Michael's firm chest and hugged him back even tighter.

"Mom!" Katherine cried even more as she heard that word. She missed him calling her that. She missed to hear it from him.

"I knew you were alive!! I just had a feeling you would come back to me in one piece," she cried.

"I'm so sorry I worried you Mom. I'm so sorry," Michael sobbed.

"No, what's more important is you're back now. You're back to me. That's what's more important."

Katherine and Michael stood there hugging and crying for so long that they lost track of time. Winnie and Martin were also quietly sobbing beside them.

Finally Katherine pulled away, "You've lost a little bit of weight" she told him as she stroked his hairs, her eyes still wet.

"That's because I missed your cooking so much," he laughed, tears still in his eyes. With that comment he became sure he wasn't dreaming, that was his mother.

"Don't worry, I promise to cook for you everyday. No, every hour. As much as you want," another tear fell from her eye.

"And I promise to finish everything," Michael smiled at her.

Martin brought a handkerchief and handed to Katherine, Katherine took it and blew her nose. Winnie put some water in a glass and passed it to her. Michael helped her to sit down, after she sat down she took a sip and placed the glass back on the table.

And only then the situation dwelled on her, "What are you doing in Martin's house?" She asked him, confused. "How do you two know each other? Why did he call you son? What is Winnie doing here? Winnnie did you know Michael is alive?"

"No, of course not. I only found out yesterday night. I met Michael just yesterday," Winnie quickly told her.

"Let's all sit down in the living room and we will all explain everything," Martin suggested. Katherine nodded.

They all moved to the small living room that was attached to the dining room and sat down. Katherine sat with Michael, both their hands tangled together. They both didn't want to let go of each other yet.

Martin cleared his throat before starting to speak, "Five years ago when I went to Getha to inspect my main mining site I saw a person lying on the rocks which was beside the river, that place was restricted so I was surprised. My employee and I ran to the person and we immediately thought it was a dead body; maybe someone killed him and threw him in the water and the body floated there. The person looked so wounded and didn't look at all alive but still we had to check for his pulse to make sure. Surprisingly he was still breathing, although it was so faint someone could have missed it. My chopper was not far so I quickly called for it and we put him in there and rushed him to the local hospital. The local hospital told us they didn't have the required equipments and so there was nothing much they can do as he was in a very bad state. So I had to put him back to the chopper with one nurse assisting us and rushed him here to the capital. We took him to St John hospital since it is the one which is most equipped and has best doctors and they immediately placed him in icu. He was announced to be in coma shortly after. I came back home, took an hour long shower. When I came out I was met with ten missed calls from my son Henry. Him and my wife were supposed to be back that day from abroad where he was studying. It was his final year and my wife flew there for his graduation, but I told him I was too busy and I would throw him a grand party when he returns, not knowing they won't be-" Martin stopped and closed his eyes to stop the tears that was threatening to fall.

He continued, "I called back the number and after three attempts a female picked up. She told me she is a nurse from St John and that my wife and son were in a car accident on their way here from the airport. My wife died on spot and my son was in a critical condition. I lost it from there and I don't know how the following days and months passed by, in between grieving with my wife's death and searching for the most famous doctors all around the world to save my son who was also in a comma in icu, searching for the family of the person I rescued was the last thing on my mind. I was a mess, and in no time the company became a mess too."

"Two months later one night Henry's health worsened and he died," a tear fell from his eyes "Although I was even more of a mess then, I knew that announcing his death would take the company on the edge. I couldn't do that to the thousands of the families that depended on our company. So I temporarily hid the death of Henry from the media. I replaced the guy I rescued in Henry's room and secretly held a funeral with very few close people who I knew would never disclose the information. I never initially planned to have him play Henry, I just put him there temporarily until when he wakes up. I wanted a little more time to plan how to overcome that crisis. And just like that almost a year passed."

"And then one day suddenly I got a call that he woke up from the comatose state. So I ran to the hospital and told him that I'll explain everything, that he must've been very confused when the nurses called him Henry but he told me he remembers nothing of his past. I was taken a back. Before I could say anything else the batch of doctors came to look at his condition and told me he could be transferred to normal ward then. Outside some directors from the company and reporters who I didn't know how they found out they were already there. It was chaotic. I told my employees to stop any articles of his face and I would sue any company if they don't respect our privacy."

"We spent a week there talking about nothing, different visitors from employees to ministers came everyday. And before we knew it he was released and I took him home. I told him everything and asked him if he wanted to be my son Henry. For me all these felt like a sign, he came to me the day my son got into an accident, he had no memory of his past and almost the whole world already thought he was Henry. So when he said yes I didn't think of anything else. And that's how he became Henry Martin and brought joy to my life which I thought I would never have after the year I spent in sorrow and grieve."

He added, "And he had his memory back only two days ago, I found out yesterday night too." Winnie and Katherine were sobbing quietly. Katherine's hold on Michael's hands tightened, as if to reassure him it was ok, everything would be okay.

"The truth is I never lost my memory," Micheal suddenly said. They all looked at him in shock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 50.1K 49
Annabella has had a rough life. From surviving brutal beatings from her so called 'parents' to becoming a well known person on the streets. Oh. And...
Serena By Lana

Teen Fiction

11.6K 324 15
Serena and her family weren't close. As soon as Serena started high school she distanced herself from them. Her attitude changed and it was like she...
2.9K 520 16
Sometime love brings you happiness, But, What if your Love story is like Amy's Will you be happy? Will your love remain for a person who...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...