The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 15

102 9 3
By escapedrealities

"Harry, can you please pick that bag up and bring it here ?" I point at my suitcase that was resting in the corner of the room since the day I arrived here.

After Harry mentioned it, I realised that it really was necessary to start unpacking all my stuff.

"Yeah, sure." Harry smiled, getting up from the bed and going to pick up the suitcase.

I had already finished unpacking one suitcase that had all my clothes, only one last was remaining now.

I have knowingly kept this suitcase to unpack at last. I know that when he will see what's inside it, Harry will ask questions. And I have no intention of answering them.

"Why is it so heavy ?" He huffed, but effortlessly pulled the suitcase up and put it on the bed.

Because it contains all the heaviness of my life.

I smiled softly and started opening the zipper.

The first thing that comes in our view is a photo frame.

"Oh, wow." Harry says, leaning in and taking the frame out.

Please don't do that.

I don't know how, but before I realised, I had snatched that frame away from Harry's hands.

"Umm.. sorry, I didn't -" Harry started but I cut him off, still very flustered and awkward.

"No, it's.. it's alright, I shouldn't have.."

Oh god, what do I say ?

"Hey! it's okay, you don't have to explain." He said, with a smile that said 'I understand'.

I kept that frame in the drawer beside the bed, flipped, so that the picture was not visible.

Then pretending like nothing has happened, I start taking out my books.
Harry started examining all the books one by one.

"Read," he said putting 'The Fault In Our Stars' aside.

"Read," 'Pride and Prejudice'

"Ah, my favourite." He smirked, opening a randon page of 'The Invisible Man' by H.G. Wells.

I chuckled at that.

It turns out that Harry has read all the books that I owned.

"Hey, what was the book you were reading the other day?" I suddenly remembered about that book whose name I didn't know and now have forgotten.

"Will tell you some other time," he smiled mysteriously.

"Okay, whatever." I am not going to ask him twice, he'll tell if and when he wants to.

We spent the rest of afternoon unpacking the suitcase arranging my things in the dresser and closet.

"Now I am bored," I said, putting my book down as I finished my homework.

"Me too," he put his book down as well, he was re-reading The Invisible Man.

"You mentioned watching a movie yesterday."

"Yeah, do you want to watch one?" he stood up from his spot on the couch and walked to the cabinet below the TV.

"We have... The Notebook, Titanic, A Walk to Remember, Romeo and Juliet, The Fault in Our Stars, Love Actually, 17 Again, Harry Potter, Twilight, Percy Jackson, Narnia and Pirates of Carribean." He listed.

"Wow, who even bought these ?"

"Eat the mangoes, don't count their seeds." He mumbled humourously.

"Where do you even get all these sayings from ?" I can't halp asking.

"I have picked up a lot of sayings from all the countries I have travelled to all those years." he said proudly, still flipping the dvds.

"Oh."

"Which one?" He turned his face to me, refering to the movies.

"Whichever you like, all of them are my favourites." I used to watch a lot of movies with Noah back at the foster home. It was one of our favourite things to do after reading.

"Well, my favourite out of these is.. Love Actually,"

"Then Love Actually it is." I smiled, arranging the pillows for us while he started the movie.

He even shut the curtains of the windows and started the Air conditioning.

"Only popcorn is missing now," He said, settling himself down and getting comfy.

"Nope, I am not going." I shook my head with a smirk, knowing he can't go and bring popcorns when Susan must be there.

"And I can't go," he shrugged playfully and started the movie.

The movie was a good one, but I still didn't emotionally connect to it, just like the first time I had watched it.

The whole time, Harry was proper engrossed in it. He glanced at me everytime something funny came, he said 'Aww' a few times too, which was weirdly adorable.

At about 6 p.m., my phone rang, making Harry pause the movie and look at me.

It was Nichole.

"Hey babe, whatcha doing ?!" She shouted so loud even Harry heard it.

"Umm.. nothing, just watching a movie.. what's up ?" I said faking enthusiasm as usual.

Harry raised his eyebrows confusingly at that.

I smile at him to say, 'Yeah, I faked the enthusiasm and I am aware.'

"Dude, there's this awesome party just a few blocks from the school and you HAVE to come !" Nichole said, no screamed.

"Umm.. okay, calm down Nic, I don't think I want to go to a party tonight,"

COME UP WITH AN EXCUSE. I REPEAT, COME UP WITH AN EXCUSE !

"Oh, and also, I still haven't unpacked all my - "

"You were right Andy, talk to her," Nichole cut me off in between and whispered, I guess to Andrea.

"Hey Violet ! What's up ?" Andrea's calm voice came through the line.

"Hi Andrea, was just starting to unpack all my stuff."

Someone give me an award for this on the spot excuse.

"Look Vi, I think you can unpack all that tomorrow. And you totally deserve a party, Come on !" She said enthusiastically.

"I know, but I still haven't finished the homework, so I don't think I should come,"

2 MINDBLOWING EXCUSES IN A ROW !

Give me an Oscar, bitches.

"Oh, don't you dare tell me you are one of those nerdy introverts. Come on, babe! We'll come before midnight, I promise. " Andrea's calm composure shifted to a desperate one.

Well, if we think closely, it won't be that bad...

"Come on! Violet, you need to put an impression out here. I know you are a badass, now get your ass up from your bed and start getting ready. We'll pick you up in 30. Okay ?" Nichole was still shouting in the same volume, but it was bearable now that she was a few feet away from the phone.

"Umm..."

"Violet!"

"Okay, I'll come, but we'll come back at 12, right?" I said, already regretting the decision.

I also glanced up at Harry to see him pushing his lips in a line, dimples popping out in view.

I couldn't read his face, he looked a little sad, but not that much. He didn't look happy nevertheless.

"Okay, wear jeans and crop top, okay bye! see ya." Andrea said, a smile audible in her voice.

"Bye Vi, make sure to look hot!"

I laughed at that and cut the phone.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked as soon as I locked the phone.

He had his guard up, I could see that.

"My friends of school called, they want us to go to this party near school." I said to him, lazily getting up from the bed.

"And you'll be back by midnight, I take it?" He raised a single eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's the plan." I smiled, going over to the closet and taking a fresh pair of jeans.
I have a decent collection of crop tops to choose from.

"Which one do you think is better ?" I take two of them out, one black and one white.

"Aren't they.. like, too short?" Harry asked, walking slowly towards the closet.

"Umm.. yeah, that's why they are called crop tops," I smirk and mentally choose the white one. Black is too mainstream.

I set on and get ready for next 20 minutes with Harry asking randon questions like, "What's the need of coloring your cheeks pink?"

Honestly, I had no idea either.

Harry seemed a bit uncomfortable with the prospect of me going out late but luckily, he didn't mention it directly.

Otherwise, my inner feminist was about to come out.

At 6:55, my phone rang.

"Coming!" I said and grabbed my purse.

"Bye, Harry!" I shouted at Harry who was mindlessly flicking through random channels.

"Bye, be careful! And call me if you need anything," He smiled, shifting his attention to me.

"You.. have a phone?"

"Yeah, ofcourse!"

"Oh, how - " I was cut off with a sound of a car honking.

"Okay, I gotta go, bye."

"Bye, love."

He called me love.

______________________________________

Here's a long chapter with a slight tinge of possesive Harry 😅😎.

Spoiler alert : some drama coming up !

Anyways, do tell me your views and vote if you liked the chapter !!

Sincerely,
Meera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7M 958K 104
"I have been watching you for a while now, my love" he whispered darkly in my ear. "Why are you doing this to me" I squeaked, earning a low chu...
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
11M 360K 53
[The Mr Series #1] ❝oh, you silly girl. didn't they ever tell you?... rich boys don't have hearts.❞ Don't speak to them. Don't go near them. Don't...
5.1M 202K 67
FREE STORY WITH EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. This is *not* a Paid Story. Eighteen-year-old hockey prodigy Elliot Wexler has three goals for senior year. One: s...