Toxic Innocence

By crazypoodle

His beauty was unjustifiable through words. The Intelligence pummeled the greatest of minds. Voice, deeper th... More

•••
°°°
A Begining For The End
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
EPILOGUE

FIFTY

2.7K 319 117
By crazypoodle

When Christopher had condemned the transplant to an A Grade success Midweek later, relief and exhilaration surged in pace that Althea couldn't keep up with. She though was exalted at the prosperity, but appearing genuine with what she felt along with what had been keeping her late through the nights had been futile.

She was exhausted, her days cynical without an answer to what she had come across. Quizzical to what was hidden and little to none theoretical of how to get to its depth.

Christopher- that man climbed her scale of options among the only few people she might find a company or answers from.

The other and last was U.

And she couldn't even look at him without the dread of paranoia and betrayal crawling by her spine. In a snap he resembled the stranger ran over seven months ago. And then- she detested her entire timeline of being so blind to a much dangerous possibility. Each warning from Ji-Hyun- each of his own unpredictable reckless desires, each of his hideous persona and each of her own stupidity had led her to sweep the whole apartment for some kind of clue, doing her fair search before U got released from his recovery.

He had been living with her for more than a half a year, there must be a glitch left behind to aid Althea's nerve wrecking thoughts- and when she found one, there just wasn't anything else left to do but curse under her breath.

She wasn't safe for him.

She wasn't safe with him.

It's something that kept playing as she surfed through more of his belongings. Though could find nothing more- though not related with his link with Dr. Neil Smith, it had been crystally evident that he had been constructing and executing his own plans in to Althea's world.

Her heart clenched in anger as she picked her phone up to read the text Christopher had sent her.

Dr. Reed 02.09PM

He can safe discharge today. He did a head stand to prove me that he is doing great and insisted I ask you to pick him up.

She sat lax by the ground running a hand through her hair. Did she wanted him there anymore?

"Fuck" she whispered painfully.

Althea 02.11PM

I am busy.

Her text was replied sooner than she would've liked.

Dr.Reed 02.12PM

It's fine. I'll drop him. Have a good day Miss Davies.

She stared stapled to the screen, then she gritted her teeth as she got on her feet. She wasn't going to be here when he comes. She needed more time and space to think, so what was better than a useless treatment in spa to look like a person that U wouldn't mold on her behalf.

To look like someone who wouldn't be so naïve to his spell.

When the hairdresser had asked Althea of her preference and inspiration behind wanting to dye her hair- Althea revealed her raw intentions in a blink. It was so quick and on point that it even scared her of What she was becoming.

"A shade that's fierce yet serene. A blonde - like a lioness" her eyes met her through the reflection as the lady spreads the silver salon cape on Althea, a sly smile on her face

"Revenge on Ex?"

Althea looked at her nervously chapped nails, dead skin peeling of some sides like her once pure view of life. She meets her gaze with dazzling confidence.

"Just finally realizing my worth"

Since tending hair generally doesn't invest enough period to be called a fine time lapse, Althea kept her feet busy shuffling to and fro the shops, buying time. Just time. Then she saw this badass dark clothing with halter neck golden top inside- she kept her miser enthusiast at bay and changed into the top keeping her high waisted black shorts and boots to go with it.

When she came out- she knew most eyes were on her- some envy some boyish. But it was the inner strength she felt to look and feel perfect is what had a toll on her.

Was this how U felt?

So perfect and powerful?

So naturally superior?

She ate, read memes and bought a stash of tuna for Glitters. Yet there was no way she was prepared to open the door and find U on the couch watching Home Alone while he scratched Glitters behind her ears.

"Seems like a really busy Day huh" he didn't even turn. The jab was obnoxious and so was his posture in silky white polo shirt and blue jeans.

There he was at ease to break the patience of Althea, subtly but surely.

She hums snarkily, removing her boots by the front she walks to the counter. Grabs a can of soda and sips it in tiny. U -who was finally with her after being abandoned for four days by her, clenched his jaws and drilled dead holes at the guy in perfume commercial.

"Is hmm all you got to say?"

He knew something was wrong. Is wrong.

"I am planning on a trip back to my homeland"

He picks the remote up, switched the sole nuisance between them and got on his feet. He turned to rock his raging steps to stop when he saw her. Really saw her in her absolutely breathtaking tantalizing scheme.

If he had his jaws tight then, then now he could feel his teeth grunt with pressure.

"I wouldn't have let you leave the house wearing that"

"And I wouldn't have cared because it's my body"

Her rage uncalled to him, his eyes hardened as he ran his hand through his hair, pushing it back. But unlike his usual bangs that messily falls back covering his forehead and a part of his eyes that usually tamed how intimidating he looks.

It sleekly stayed put, dementing the icy fort Althea's vulnerability was resting beneath.

His unveiled eyes just weren't healthy.

"What happened while I was gone?" he asks taking a step forward, an edge in his tone. A dangerous edge.

"Nothing you should concern yourself with" she shifts to get to her room when she felt a harsh grab on her wrist. Yanking her to him.

"I don't want you to hold my hand anymore" she flared no sooner than their gaze collided. The temperature in room dropped manifold and the surreal wrath and dominance grew within them. All inside and cooped up. The only vent were there bewildering outbursts.

And since he was U and he couldn't sit there obeying orders- he lets his clutch on her free- the next to flush her closer by her waist.

"What do you think you are doing?" She whispered, spice still in her tone. None of his advances making her squirm or stutter like it used to-

By then- U could realize how in depth and real this fight was.

Her anger was.

Her trust was.

It was the first wave of fear he felt at the thought of losing her. But he'd never show.

"You said you don't want me to hold you by your hand- so I updated to waist" he spoke softly, trying to make her look at him again. But in vain as she was adamant on keeping the shield strong.

"You should just let me go" she strikes but skips a beat of heart when he fastened his clutch on her. This wise his fingers knotting through the curls of her blonde hair forcing her to see him.

"Go where? Back home?" he hissed. The madness in his eyes- the red in them, the darkening orbs and the furious nonchalance in that voice of his, they were so similar to the night he had punched the man into pulp. The unforgettable night of masquerade was when he had first kissed her.

This shouldn't effect me.

She wanted to believe.

He won't hurt me.

Her scared heart hoped.

"Yes"

He was quiet for a long time. Then he does it again-

"What about me then? You are my home, where am I suppose to go?"

Althea fails to feel the tingles for his voice held the smirk he had on his face. He knew his charms won't effect her like before- it was almost as if he was mocking her for being blind with him for so long.

"I hate you so much" she whispers trying to push him away.

"Why were you going through my stuffs?"

"You had my fucking passport among those stuffs of yours" by now she was holding those traitorous tears that was a result of her pathetic anger.

She can't even hate right.

"I am not your family U. your sister is. Go to her. she'll help you" Althea not prepared for the further deception saw the burning fire in him, that soothing smile and how his hands trekked lower by her hip was doing things to her.

Not the good things- but the one where she was contemplating to punch him in the face or not. But it was her phone the he yanked out from the pocket and whirled her into a gentle headlock. Placing a reassuring kiss on her bare shoulder he rests his chin in pretend thinking.

"One shouldn't formally advice a scholar to love. Its an insult to their learning and might make them mad" he then nuzzles his nose by her neck, short breathy kisses is what she feels before he breaks through his pause to speak again "You'll hate me for this- but I don't give a dime since you already have gone through my phone as well"

Her blood runs cold, but it was when he pushes her inside the room and locks it behind her did she got up from the floor to bang at the door.

"What do you think you are doing?" she screamed twisting the door knob with her sweaty palms. She then turns to get to the window only to see that he has it already nailed down with iron planks. Her tattered breaths comes out in short puffs as she realized she doesn't even have her phone.

He had it all planned.

He knew it all along.

Slowly she goes to the door, weaker and tired. Too fatigued to scream even.

"Why are you doing this?" she whispers.

He sat outside with his back rested, him more drained than her. Contrary to what he was a minute ago.

"I am protecting you" He finally replies rubbing his sore eyes, his healing skin from surgery prickly as he sighs. She immediately crouches to his position. Despite a door between them, she knew he was still there.

"From who?" she chuckles bitterly as she asked rhetorically.

Silence.

"From me"

She hugs her knees to her chest, closing her eyes.

"By keeping me hostage in my own home?"

Silence- heavily longer than former.

"I might hurt you if you keep fighting me"

Good thing was until his confession she was asleep, her heart rate was a confirmation that she was knocked out and right then he clutched onto the nearest entity made of glass and threw across. Scattered into hundred different pieces it destructs itself as soon as it met the ground.

Unlike the fragility showcased his heart wasn't that easy to break. But darn his patience was.

He picked his mobile hastily. Typing in the text to the man who started it all-

Two words was all he sent.

But it was enough.

It's time.

And as the text read. It indeed was time.

But the question still stood right there-

It was time for what?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 251 35
"Why it's always me . I loved him first but he never. Why why WHY...... Which thing i don't have, just tell what I. Don't. Have." She said while cryi...
137K 1.8K 11
(Move to Stck. me site and Inkitt.) HER EVIL HUSBAND|KIM THV|18+ ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ'ꜱ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʀᴏᴍ-ᴄᴏᴍ. 🚩(Mystery/Thriller.) #1. The Mafia Dark Romance Series. A H...
694K 29.2K 53
innocent naive kookie 🐰 not innocent taehyung 🐯 ********************************************************* Jungkook has been locked out of the rea...
40.7K 1.4K 17
"W-What are you doing, Y/N?" Jungkook stammered, an uneasy frown on his face. His gaze drifted to her plump lips, which seemed to utter beautiful but...