Let's go back, back to Cloud...

By LeMayora07

Lan Wangji woke up to find strange things started happening, feeling as if he was missing something important... More

Chapter 1: And so he woke up
Brothers
Town of Caiyi
Drunk
Forehead Ribbon and Rabbits
Go back where?
Kiss
The Truth and Lies
Seclusion
Lan Sizhui
Where It All Begun
Hear Me Call For You
Waking Up From This Endless Dream

Jiang Cheng

5.5K 259 21
By LeMayora07

The tune of zither can be heard from the distance, another day, another try, another play of Inquiry. the disciples who passed and heard it thought that Lan Wangji is practicing, just like any other disciples in Gusu. But Lan Wangji is already too skilled, he can probably play it with his eyes close, so why is it he kept on playing Inquiry day in and day out? The others wondered as they heard the familiar music but after the melody faded in the distance they never talked about it anymore. 

Lan Wangji sat underneath the shade of a Magnolia tree, Zither on his lap he looked at the strings waiting for an answer but nothing.. nothing at all! he started to wonder what happened to Wei WuXian’s soul, did it also received a backlash? was it destroyed? was it captured? his fist clenched, nails digging on his palm as and his lips pressed into a thin line. how long would it take for him to receive anything? any answer, just a small vibration from the string to confirm that Wei WuXian is still here, that he is hoping and waiting for someone who can return. Taking a deep breath his finger plucked the string creating a loud tone he was staring at his Zither tempted to just stop all of this, to keep on hoping to--

“mm.. “ Lan Wangji’s thoughts halted when he felt a fluffy fur rubbing against his boot. light colored eyes stared at the white bunny that was looking up at him. Lan Wangji loosened his clenched fist and his body relaxed, reaching out his long slender fingers stroked its forehead, the creature seemed to appreciate it and even closed its eyes. after a few moments he was already surrounded by the herd, different colors and sizes bounced and played about, some wanted to get his attention particularly the black one who was staring at his Zither and nibbling at the string he carefully picked it up raising it on his eye level. 

“Behave” he murmured and set it down on his lap. he rearranged the position of the Zither to accommodate the creature. He started playing again, lost in his own thoughts before noticing a light sound of small footsteps approaching. Looking up Lan Wangji saw Wen Yuan now called Lan Sizhui standing a few feet away from him, observing. its been two months since he took him to Gusu, he was officially a disciple and wore their uniforms, Lan Qiren remarked that he was a excellent child, he was starting attend his classes and already blending in without problem. Lan Wangji’s only concern is, the child seemed to have forgotten most of his past memories, he never asked about Wei WuXian, nor his grandparents. Lan XiChen said he must have gone in a trauma, for a child to experience and see the deaths of people, being chased and hidden without anyone looking after them is scary. 

“Sizhui, come here” Lan Wangji pressed his palm on top of the Zither to silence the vibration and he looked at the child that sat beside him. the rabbits observed Sizhui, sniffing at his robes. after a while the white fluffy creature hopped on his small lap. Sizhui was delighted and softly stroked the rabbit’s head. Lan Wangji observed this and picker up one rabbit placing it on Lan Sizhui’s lap “You like?” He looked at the two rabbits on Lan Sizhui’s lap. 

The boy eagerly nodded and saw the other rabbits started to surround him, Lan Wangji shifted, placed his zither beside him he picked another rabbit and placed it on Lan Sizhui’s lap. He stared at him for moment, and it seems like he wasn't satisfied Lan Wangji added another two. the child is now confused which to pet first, the herd is all over him rubbing against his robes, poking his knee, hopping around his lap and Lan Wangji adding more numbers of these fluffy creatures on his lap. He stared at Lan Wangji carrying another black rabbit, he held it on his arms and carefully stroked it. 

“Does he have a name? “ Lan Sizhui pointed at the rabbit on Lan Wangji's arms. 

Lan Wangji looked at the rabbit with fondness long slender fingers softly stroke its head. “mm” he hummed. Lan Sizhui tipped his head to the side waiting for the rest of the response but nothing followed afterwards instead Lan Wangji handed him the rabbit “hold him, he moves around so much” he murmured. Sizhui carefully looked at the black rabbit on his arms, its crimson eyes staring at him. Lan Wangji pats his small head picked up his Zither placed it on his lap, Sizhui who was now crawling out of the rabbit herd scooted closer to Lan Wangji and poked one string of the ZIther creating a small tune which delighted the child. 

“You want to learn?” He asked and Lan Sizhui nodded his head. a faint smile graced Lan Wangji’s features as he motioned for the child to sit beside him. 

He was teaching Lan Sizhui when he saw two junior disciples that passed by and his sharp hearing caught their conversation that made him pause. 

“Really? walking corpses started appearing on the Burial Mounds again?”

“isn't the Yiling Patriach dead already? did he came back to take revenge?” the other asked in a hush tone. 

“who knows? either way Sect Leader Jiang is already there to investigate” 

“Is ZeWu-Jun going?”

“No i dont think so, anything that had something to do with the Yiling Patriach Sect Leader Jiang took care of it, just how many people did he captured now who imitates the Yiling Patriach’s ways.” the disciple shook in fear. 

“Sect Leader Jiang is just making sure that the Yiling Patriach wont co-- “ He paused when he felt a shiver run on his back and they both looked back to meet with Lan Wangji's sharp stare. 

“Ha-Hanguang Jun!” they both bowed and Lan Wangji gave them a small nod before standing up and walked towards their direction and asked. 

“Since when did the corpses started appearing”

The two juniors looked at each other “Two days ago, we went nighthunting and encountered disciples from Jiang sect and informed us about the irregularities on Burial Mound” 

“mm” Lan Wangji nodded and looked at the two and back to Lan Sizhui playing on his zither “look after him” he murmured and went to retrieve his zither, wrapping it with white linen cloth he slung it behind him and looked at the child. 

“Sizhui, be good” he pat his head and walked away, he made a long strides and quick pace to leave Cloud Recesses. he needed to make it in time, no matter how slim the chances of Wei WuXian being there he would take it, he will chase it before its too late! before Jiang Cheng gets his hand on him, no matter what happen he would be the one to bring Wei WuXian back to Cloud Recesses be it force or not he wont let him go anymore. 

When Lan Wangji arrived he saw the Jiang disciples scattered around, also saw some other cultivators from the Jin clan. he walked around the area and received some greetings from which he returned with a small nod. From the distance he saw Jiang Cheng, Zidian in hand a man was kneeling being held by two Jiang disciples, Lan Wangji frowned and walked towards them. 

“Just admit the truth! are you Wei WuXian?! if not are you trying to revive and call him?! “ his voice held too much hostility that the man in question trembled, being hit by the zidian earlier he shook his head. 

“No! no! i am not! Sect Leader Jiang! i am not associated to the Yiling Patriach believe me!” he begged, if he weren't held by his arms he was probably bowing his head desperately. 

“huh?! believe you?! then why are sending those rotten corpses out to the town?! “ Jiang Cheng glowered, he was breathing heavily. 

“it was an accident! i.. i was trying to apply the same method the Yiling patriach did.. but! its not for reviving him! i dont even know him! i just want to be stronger! i j--” he didnt finish his words as Jiang Cheng grabbed a fistful of his hair. 

“You! do you think this is the right way to become stronger?! do you think this crooked way will bring you salvation?! No! you dont know! you have no idea! ” his voice trembled and his hold on the zidian tightened, his glare could pierce anyone as he gritted his teeth. “Do you want to end up like Wei WuXian?!” he roared and his voice echoed in freezing all the disciples, they all knew how Jiang Cheng seemed to just snap on the mention of Wei WuXian’s name.

“n..no” the man sobbed and shivering and shaking his head. 

“Then get out of my sight!” Jiang Cheng hissed and threw him down. “If i see you again in same circumstances i will break your fingers one by one” he threatened and with final whip of Zidian that landed on the ground beside the male he bellowed “Scram!”

Lan Wangji witnessed this and looked at the fleeing male, it wasnt Wei WuXian. his attention turned back to Jiang Cheng, the zidian formed into a purple ring once again. Walking towards him he slowly spoke “Sect leader Jiang”. 

“.. Lan Wangji?” Jiang Cheng was surprised to see him and looked around, noticing that he he's was alone he composed himself and made a proper greeting by bowing his head “What is the honorable Hanguang Jun doing here?”

Lan Wangji returned the gesture and looked around “I heard about the irregularities of the corpses here” 

“it was all taken care of, its just a lowly cultivator trying to practice a crooked path” Jiang Cheng glanced at Lan Wangji who just looked at him. 

“mm” he replied, they stared at eachother, Lan Wangji didnt know what to feel, Jiang Cheng led the siege that caused Wei WuXian’s death. He saw how close the two of them before, through and through supported eachother and Lan Wangji also felt bad upon witnessing their fall out. He should be hating Jiang Cheng for leading Wei WuXian’s death but for some reason he cant seem to do so, seeing Jiang Cheng earlier and how his voice sounded desperate Lan Wangji knew he didnt take Wei WuXian’s death all too well, whatever reason he had for leading the siege Lan Wangji didnt know, but upon witnessing the scene earlier it seems that Jiang Cheng is trying to warn them about how Wei WuXian suffered a tragic end. 

Lan Wangji can't hate him, for he was also a victim of this tragic fate. 

Lan Wangji cant hate him for he must be also suffering. 

Lan Wangji cant hate him for he was someone that is important to Wei WuXian and most of all Lan Wangji cant hate him because he knew if Wei WuXian comes back he wouldn't blame Jiang Cheng, he would probably still take a knife in his place. That was how Wei WuXian is, he had never done something for himself its always for the sake of others, them before himself, always always disregarding his own life, so reckless, so stubborn that Lan Wangji feared he wont hesitate to throw his life again and again, why cant anyone see this?! . This is the Wei WuXian he knew not the Yiling Patriach they spat on. 

“I will be going now” Lan Wangji slowly turned his back away from the scene. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 1K 12
What if Lan Wangji left after his uncle punished him? When he left Cloud Recesse the first place he went to is the burial mound. 'If Wei Ying can con...
1.6M 67.4K 182
Lan Wangji felt tingles and happiness when he first saw the soulmark on his wrist. He was finally going to find his soulmate, he was going to find hi...
143K 9.1K 48
"Wangji... Rule 2982-" Lan Wangji stiffens. "-you know you can't be with him. It's been many moons for you two now, so I can predict you'll feel...
318K 14.2K 26
Wei Wuxian has been back after 13 years and is starting to understand his husband more and more everyday. Wei Wuxian had known that Lan Zhan had mou...