Kiss

Note: First of all thank you to HibikiSilver14 for doing a beta. many thanks to you!
second thanks for the votes and comments im glad you like this fic and hope you continue to support.
Thank you and onwards we go!

----—————–——-------------------------------

“Wei Ying, come back with me to Gusu”

“Go back to Gusu with me”

“Wei Ying, come with me”

How many times did he ask him this? Every time they met, each chance he could, every opportunity he could take, yet the other must have misunderstood his intentions. Even today Jiang Cheng's words rung in his ears, sharp and painful.

“No matter whom he goes back with, it wouldn't be with you”

.

.

.

“Wangji?”

“Wangji?”

Lan Wangji looked up to see his older brother watching him, his face filled with worry. Lan Wangji looked down at the steaming cups of tea between them. He was currently having a nice afternoon tea with Lan XiChen under the magnolia tree. The weather was nice, the sun’s rays were giving more beauty to the Cloud Recesses, peeking into the mountains, the gentle breeze that swayed the trees felt nice upon the skin. It was a really perfect time to relax and drink some tea and he and Lan XiChen were discussing about the Waterborne in Caiyi and also about the upcoming end of Lan Qiren's teaching.

While Lan XiChen was talking he noticed that his younger brother was looking at his cup but neither drinking nor moving. Lan XiChen was troubled when he looked at his younger brother who seemed to be lost in his thoughts and so he called to him.

“Wangji” Lan XiChen raised his voice a bit and that made Lan Wangji looked up at him.

Finally realizing the situation and what he had done, he nodded at his brother saying,
“Mm sorry, I was not paying attention”

“It’s fine. Recently you have been acting strange and you look tired. Have you been resting well?” Lan XiChen reached for the white porcelain pot and poured himself a second serving of tea.

“Exhausted” Lan Wangji replied and finally took a sip from his own cup, he stared at the table for a moment before suddenly looking up. “Brother…”

“Yes?” Lan XiChen was more than eager to listen when his little brother called to him, it was very unusual for Lan Wangji to confide in him as he mostly liked to keep things to himself. It’s not that he doesn’t want to share, more of he doesn't know how to share his thoughts to other people, even if that person was his older brother. Luckily Lan XiChen could read him like an open book and there was no point in lying in front of him.

“I’m having nightmares” Lan Wangji started, his hold on the cup tightened and he glanced sideways as he continued, “.. in those dreams, I keep seeing that… someone died”