Don't Let Go Of Me [ Jasper H...

By tuiboog

Mirabelle Swan is Bella Swan's younger twin sister - confident and straightforward, Mirabelle likes to take o... More

1 || Film and Records
2 || Stop and Stare
3 || Infiltrating the Perfect
4 || Friendly Renegades
5 || Heart Reconciliation
6 || Tethered to You
7 || Like Lovers Do
8 || Uncover to Stay Secret
9 || Next Step
10 || Human After All
11 || Silly Vampire
12 || Tease
13 || Spilt Beans
14 || Reservation Boy
15 || Hunting
16 || For Life
17 || Awkard Meeting
18 || Telephone Therapy
19 || Damn Freaks
20 || Don't Touch
22 || Hunted
23 || How Curious
24 || Teenaging
Part II: New Moon
1 || Not the Same
2 || Birthday Paradise
3 || Figuring Things Out

21 || All Mine

3.3K 110 7
By tuiboog

To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya

THIRD   POINT   OF   VIEW

Mirabelle raced right over to the Cullen household, not answering any of the questioning looks as she snatched the large box from Alice's waiting arms. She didn't even greet her eagerly waiting boyfriend when she stumbled over to the center of the living room. The packaging was pretty roughed up from its long journey here. There was an unnecessary amount of tape cocooning the thing. 

At some point, Rosalie offered to just rip through its exoskeleton before Mirabelle ended up breaking a nail. It took little less than five minutes for it to be un-mummified and the garbage to be discarded. The first thing that all of them were allowed to see was a worn-out leather jacket with the words 'THE LAST OF THE GREATS' stitched beautifully in yellow calligraphy. 

The words encircled the image of some maiden with her privates covered by green snakes, fiery swords in each of her hands, and a crown of thorns sitting on top her long flowing locks. It was a beautiful image; especially, when it was complemented by separate patches on the sleeves and chest area. 

Mirabelle smiled lovingly at the article of clothing. "Back in Phoenix, I have a group of friends. This was our crew jacket." 

"It's beautiful," Alice complimented, already in love with the retro-styling. "Good to know you had friends that had some sense of style." 

"Am I the only one surprised you even had friends." Rosalie jested, earning a light-hearted smack to her leg from the smiling Swan. 

Mirabelle started pulling all sorts of things. Most of them were cheap trinkets that had a lot of sentimental value. Alice, Jasper, and Rosalie inspected each item carefully. This was the first time they were seeing a part of Mirabelle's past. She didn't like talking about it, and for good reason. But from what the were seeing, there was something good back in the desert she once called home. 

The very last thing she pulled out was a picture frame with a card attached to it. She read the card first. There was a small note and signature from everyone. More or less they all said they missed her and was hoping she was having better luck in rainy Washington than scorching Phoenix. 

The picture was of the entire crew posing in front of the hood of Val's car. They liked to chill at an abandoned gas station that was off the highway in the middle of nowhere. It was quite the drive, but none of them minded. Looking at the stars, the empty sea of sand, feeling the wind running past their hair, made them feel free. Plus, it was the perfect place to drink illegally. 

Val had Mirabelle wrapped under his arm while as they sat on the hood; Jurney and Quinton were doing a similar pose but squatted down next to their feet. Benni stood behind Val and Mirabelle with her arms spread out, a bottle of beer in each hand. Kain leaned against the side, looking cooler than he ever had. 

They were all still a little banged up from the fight only a day before. Mirabelle remembered bargaining with all of them to let her get out of bed for the photo. She was tired of being treated like glass. The only way she knew how to breathe again was to get out. So they did just that. All of them wearing their jackets - looking absolutely badass. 

She ran her fingers over their faces fondly. Alice leaned over her shoulder to get a better look. "These your friends?" 

"Yeah...That's Jurney and Quin, his twin sister Benni, and K."

"Who's he?" She pointed to Val.

"...That's Val." 

Jasper froze up when he detected the softness she used when she spoke his name. It was the same softness she used when it was just them together. Curiosity got the best of him, he started peering forward too to get a better look at the human. His fists curled beneath his crossed biceps when Mirabelle's gaze lingered longer than he liked on the human boy's face. 

Wild thoughts of possessiveness started running through his head. It only worsened when he could feel an inkling of the emotions she held for the boy. 

"Did you date him?" The words came out sounding harsher than he meant them to. The logical part of his brain knew that he was being unfair. Whatever she had before she came to Washington was none of his business. She was free to love whoever she wanted. She was not his. 

But that was the problem. Jasper was a creature destined to live a long life. Decades of waiting - wondering when he would stop wandering - and now the answer was finally sitting right in his living room. It scared him to think that even a slight cold could take her away from him forever. She was his everything. He would love her no matter what. Being bonded was different from simply just being madly in love. 

For Jasper, all he thought about was her. 

But Mirabelle was still human. She'd promised that she would share in his torment of being an immortal, but things changed. The future was never set in stone. One day she might just roll over and decide that she wanted a family. At any point in time, she could start remembering all the good things she had when she was with someone...normal. 

Mirabelle stared at her stoic boyfriend strangely. His sister gave him a subtle look of disapproval. "I guess," she answered nonchalantly. "We were technically seeing each other for about a year before I decided I was going to be coming up here."

"Did you love him?" 

"I guess...Yeah, Jasper. I loved him. Is there something you want to say to me?" She slowly placed the picture back, waiting for him to answer her question. "Well? If you have something to say then just spit it out." 

"I'm just wondering. Seems like you still have feelings for him." 

"Are you seriously getting jealous over my past relationship?" 

"You seem to miss him a lot. If you didn't move here would you still be with him?" 

Mirabelle was not playing this game. The petty game was not something she enjoyed playing. If Jasper was seriously going to get offended by the fact that she dated one other person before him, she was going to give him the answers he wanted. "Yeah. Probably, Jasper. If I was still in Phoenix then I think Val and I would've still been together. But I don't see why that matters now."

"It doesn't. Why would it?" He stood up without another word, disappearing in the blink of an eye. 

"Are all pretty boys drama queens?" Mirabelle looked at her only two sources of moral support. "Oh, c'mon. I'm not the one in the wrong here!" 

They looked at each other before turning back to her. "I mean you're not." Alice started first. "Jasper shouldn't be worried about your relationships back in Phoenix. It's not like you're dating this guy right now." 

Mirabelle threw her hands up in the air. "Exactly!" 

"But," Rosalie jumped in, giving a pointed look. "You were pretty harsh back there. I mean, I understand that it's better you tell him the truth rather than lying. It's just that...you could have said it a little bit nicer? Try to see it from his perspective, Mira." 

"That's what I don't get. Why do I always have to see it from his perspective? What about my perspective? Because right now, Jasper is getting on my last nerve. Who exactly is the girl in this relationship?" 

"Woe, cool it with the negative energy there." Rosalie stood up, pulling Alice with her. "We're not getting in the middle of this. We gave you our advice now you sort your own issues out." 

She pouted. "You're just going to leave me here to agonize over this problem?" 

"Yeah, pretty much." They zoomed off as well. 

Mirabelle flattened herself on the carpet, groaning up to the ceiling. 'What the hell am I supposed to do? It's not like I could lie and say I didn't have feelings for Val. Why does it matter anyway? The person I'm dating now is Jasper, so what's the problem? Guys are so frustrating!!!" 

"Well, no point in pondering on something that is a waste of brainpower. I still have groceries to run." She repacked the box to take up to her room. Thankfully all the old trinkets would help make it feel just a little more homey. She'd remember to send a picture of the finished product to her crew. 

As she headed to the garage to take one of the cars, a cold hand wrapped around her's. "You done throwing your little tantrum?" 

"It's no longer sunny. I'll drive you." Jasper walked over to the passenger seat to open the door for her. Even when they were at odds he wouldn't stop acting like a gentleman towards her. Mirabelle was quickly beginning to understand that's just another one of Jasper's many unique qualities. He had the ability to be infuriating and lovely all at once. 

***

The two were getting some odd looks from the other shoppers. Forks was a small town. Some of the folks inside the supermarket recognized the daughter of old Chief Swan. The person that made them wary was the handsome fella following her closely behind. Mirabelle ignored them as she started filling their cart with more junk and more junk food. 

Jasper, on the other hand, was more preoccupied with trying to apologize to his mate. Even though she spoke to him like everything was alright he didn't need his gift to tell she was annoyed with him. After cooling down in the car he realized his emotions had gotten the better of him - again. He was ashamed to think this wouldn't be the last time Mirabelle would have to scold him for being dense. 

"Is that Mirabelle Swan I see?" 

The two were intercepted by a perky blonde woman. She was dressed in such proper attire that practically screamed: retired Miss America. Her bright yellow clothes and polished white heels almost as blinding as the fake diamond earring hanging her lobes down. Her name was Cindy Davis - secretary to the Mayor for the second year in a row. 

Mirabelle whispered it under her breath but Jasper definitely heard her say, "Fuck my life," with a forced smile on her face. "Mrs. Davis, can't believe it's you. You haven't aged one bit." 

Mrs. Davis shook her head, obviously taken by Mirabelle's flattery. "I knew it was you! Can't mistaken that beautiful face anywhere. Oh dear, you sure have gotten big since I last saw you. All grown up, hm. Still have that slouch though." No matter how much sunshine Mrs. Davis painted herself in, nothing could hide the real narcissist that hid beneath. 

Mirabelle hated this woman with a burning passion. She was in charge of the girl's scouts when Charlie had forced Mirabelle and Bella to join one summer. He thought it'd be good for the girls to get out in the great outdoors and make some more friends. It was a terrible idea. Mrs. Davis favored girls - specifically any of the girls that were preppy barbie dolls. 

Meaning, she couldn't stand Mirabelle or her sister. She pretended to tolerate them for the sake of their father's support. Not a lot of dads participated in nay of the scout events. Charlie made the effort to show up to every jamboree, campfire sing-a-long, hunting-and-gathering event that was ever hosted. 

The girls were pulled out when Mirabelle had set today loose in Mrs. Davis star pupils' tents. From that day forward, she was banned from the scouts. It was the happiest day of the twins' lives. 

When Mrs. Davis clasped her hands in front of her, she made just the smallest tilt in her wrist, hoping to show off her diamond bracelet and pearl ring. Mirabelle picked up on her intentions. "Wow, Mrs. Davis. Those are beautiful." 

"What? These old things? Oh, not at all! Just something my husband gave me for my anniversary." 

"I see. I heard you're in your fourth marriage. It must be hard for you to have to keep finding a new husband. Especially at your age. I hope you find happiness this time." Clearly, Mirabelle meant every offense. She's had it with people wanting her to beautify her words. If they wanted to get her opinion then she was going to give it. 

Mrs. Davis smile tilted down just a bit at the edges. The anger in her eyes not going any further than the spite in her words. "Yes, me too. And how about you? Still being a little savage and causing trouble for others? Oh, I'm sorry. I meant a tomboy." 

Mirabelle grinned wider. "Actually, I have a boyfriend." She wrapped herself around Jasper's arm. "This is my boyfriend Jasper Hale. I'm sure you know Dr. Cullen at the hospital. This is his son. We go to school together. He helps keep me in line." 

Jasper awkwardly nodded his head. "Pleasure to meet you, ma'am." 

Mrs. Davis blinked like the first few times wasn't enough to dispel some illusion. "Y-You're dating one of Mr. Cullens boys? You?" 

"Yep. We're deeply in love. I'm actually glad that you came, Mrs. Davis. You see, my boyfriend has been doubting my love for him for some odd reason and I've been thinking about how to show him that I only love him in this entire world. So I hope that when we're finished you can tell him if it looked like I didn't love him." 

Mrs. Davis and Jasper were equally confused by what she meant. 

Mirabelle grabbed Jasper the front of his shirt, yanking him down to roughly bring their lips together. Jasper's shocked mentality gave Mirabelle the upper hand in dominating the kiss. She forced her tongue into his mouth, not having to fight his for dominance as she explored his every taste. He couldn't stop himself from moaning when she continued to deepen it as much as possible. 

She pulled away just as he was gathering his thoughts. Their lust-glazed gazes staring into one another. Mirabelle smirked, wiping off the small trail of drool coming from his glossy lips. She turned to a flustered Mrs. Davis. 

The woman was so dumbfounded she had dropped her groceries all over the floor. "So, Mrs. Davis, did it look like I was kissing someone that I didn't love?" 

"I-I...You....T-That..." The woman was speaking gibberish. 

Mirabelle grinned wickedly. "That's all I needed to know. See you around Mrs. Davis. Good luck with being a secretary." She pulled the cart around the frozen woman, forcing Jasper to follow in a daze. 

"W-What was that for," he finally asked after about a minute of silence. 

"Pfft. Why're you so embarrassed? It's not like we haven't kissed before." 

"I know. B-But we've never kissed...like that?" 

She looked at her boyfriend curiously. "Did you hate it?" 

"No!" If he still had blood in his veins all of it would be rushing up to his cheeks right about now. "That's not it. It's just...I never knew you could be forceful like that." 

"I only get forceful when I want something. Right now, I want you to understand that you're mine. Val and I dated but it was more of a sexual attraction than anything. We understood that we were better at just being close friends - nothing more. He saved me when I was getting bullied really badly. I've never thought about wanting someone as much as I do you."

She pushed him up against the aisle, smiling when she saw the way he was starting to get turned on by her advances. This was a very dangerous game. It was the only one she ever had any interest in playing with. "I never kissed Val like that. I never felt like I would die if he left me. I never worried saw a future with him. I never got anxious about if he'd stop loving me one day. You are my first for everything, Jazz. So stop being this guy who just blames himself for everything and is so insecure. Have more confidence." 

Jasper slowly started to smile. "You took my breath away. I never know what to say to you." 

"I thought I made it pretty clear back there that I prefer actions rather than words." 

The two's shopping trip moved along faster as Jasper wanted nothing more than to hold her close in his arms. When they got back to the house, they ignored the rest of the family that was seated in the living room. Alice called out that they were planning to play baseball tomorrow and to not cause a ruckus. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 1K 15
Brielle Andrea Swan, the twin sister of Isabella Swan, go to move in with her dad with said sister. On their first day at Forks Highschool they're bo...
568K 13.5K 45
Genesis Swan is the elder sister of Bella Swan. She and her sister move in with their father after their mother Renee and her new husband go off arou...
560K 15.7K 36
Olivia Swan was the elder twin of Bella Swan. She was the life of the party. She was a daddy's girl. She brought smiles to the faces of everyone s...
611K 12.5K 31
Elena Swan is the younger fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Elena has always been close with her father Charlie so when Bella suggested they stay...