Fighter Boy

By winded

Alexa Grey. Brandon Flemming. Sebastian O'Connor. Girl. Boxer. Fighter. --- excerpt --- A boy around my age w... More

Copyright
I don't give a fuck whether you find me attractive or not.
Didn't think I was going to kiss you, did you?
You're an awful liar, you know that right?
Look, you just don't get it, I can't.
You have about two milliseconds to move that hand or I will slap you.
I could be like this all day.
I suppose I'll have to kiss you.
Does this mean we're going on a date?
Lead the way fighter boy.
I'm one hundred percent sure you don't want to join me right now.
The things you do to me.
Now they were deliberately riling each other up.
You'll realise what you've done and you will regret it.
Care to tell me why you're outside my house like a stalker?
Now you can't get rid of me can you?
Are you really that thick that you need me to repeat myself?
Damn I should've gone as Sandy!
That has to be the least romantic way I've ever been asked out.
I yelled 'fuck off' to a whole bunch of men.
I didn't realise my boyfriend was quite so popular with the ladies.
He's one crazy fucker.
Sebastian I
Sebastian II
Sebastian III
Sebastian IV
The End
New Story

It's a talent of mine.

18.7K 697 64
By winded

Sunlight streaming into my room through the unclosed curtains woke me the next morning. I let out a contented sigh and snuggled a little further into Sebastian.

Wait.

My eyes flew open quicker than they ever have before and instantly widened as I realised the position I was in. My legs and arms were tangled with Sebastian's as I rested my head on the space between his neck and the cushion. His steady breathing reminded me that I needed to exhale and I managed to release the breath I had been holding ever since I opened my eyes. With my heavy release of air, Sebastian twitched and I panicked, freezing once again. Once I deemed it safe, I slowly moved my head away from his and thought about how to untangle our limbs. Sebastian helped a little, rolling over slightly and I took that as an opportunity to remove my legs. However, his grip was strong on my arms and I was left with my hands still pressing against Sebastian's bare chest. In the end, I had no choice but to separate my body as much as possible and to wake Sebastian up.

"Bash," I tapped his stomach lightly.

"Mrggggh." The nonsensical muttering was all I got in reply so I tried again.

"Wake up, you need to let go of me."

"But I like cuddling with you," Sebastian mumbled, his face pressed into the pillow.

"Well I'm sure you do but Brandon really wouldn't." I pointed out, trying to pull my arms away now that he was awake but Sebastian wouldn't let go.

"Who gives a fuck about him?" He rolled over, facing me but still making sure my arms were wrapped around him.

"I do, so release me please," I didn't like being this close to Sebastian, especially with him half naked.

"Why?" Sebastian drew out the word, whining.

"Because I asked you to." Using a stern tone of voice seemed to do the trick and Sebastian let go, allowing me to get out of the bed.

"Can we do something today?" He yawned, propping himself up on his elbows as I rummaged through my closet for some clothes.

"Haven't you had enough of me yet?" I wrinkled my nose at his question.

"Nope. So, are you going to hang out with me?" Sebastian grinned widely, his messed up bed hair making him look ridiculously handsome. Wait, what? I had a boyfriend, who was also ridiculously handsome.

"I suppose. Can we go ice skating? I feel like being in the freezing cold," I turned to him, suddenly excited about the prospect of ice skating.

"Why do we always have to do what you want to do?" He whinged but I knew he wasn't being serious.

"Because I'm the better one out of the two of us." I stated simply, grinning.

"Just because you're right doesn't mean I have to agree," Sebastian pouted, getting up and stretching.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved off his comment, slightly distracted by his muscles moving. "Anyway, put some clothes on and then we'll go to yours so you can change."

"It's a Saturday." Sebastian gave me a blank look.

"I'm aware."

"My parents will be home, we can't go there." It seemed not that he was scared to go but rather why would we go when they were present.

"So? We'll be there for five minutes whilst you get changed." I pointed out.

"I told you, I don't go home after a fight." Sebastian seemed a little confused as to why I was insisting on going to his house.

"Look, you are not wearing the same blood-stained clothes so we are going to your house and that's it. Get dressed quickly and the whole experience will go a lot faster." I picked up his t-shirt and threw it at him whilst I headed to the bathroom to get changed myself.

*

"So, uh, this is my house..." Sebastian trailed off as he stopped the car opposite a large modern-looking building.

"Do you want me to come in with you or should I stay out here?" I asked, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course you're coming inside," He rolled his eyes and opened the door, waiting for me before we crossed the road.

"Well, you seemed kind of hesitant to even come here yourself," I replied, following Sebastian into his spacious house.

"That's because I don't like all the questions I get after a fight. They don't know I do it professionally."

"What questions?" There was no time for a reply because a women, who I assumed was Sebastian's mother, walked into the hallway and smiled widely at Sebastian. However, this smile soon dropped when she realised that he had been in a fight and that I was there.

"Who's this?" She asked, examining me.

"This is Alexa, my friend. Alexa, this is my mum." Sebastian was stood a little in front of me so I moved round him to offer her a small wave.

"Have you been in a fight?" His mother grabbed his arm and inspected the few cuts on it.

"It's not a big deal," Sebastian was clearly uncomfortable and I tried to offer him a reassuring smile.

"No damage was done, just those cuts on his arm and those were because he fell on the ground," I added, trying to smile politely at her.

"I wish this would stop happening, Sebastian." She sighed deeply before releasing his arm.

"Alexa and I are just going upstairs and then we'll be off, okay?" Sebastian didn't even wait for an answer as he was already tugging me up the stairs and I had to make sure I didn't trip.

"Keep the door open please!" She shouted afterwards and I couldn't stop the red blush from spreading its way onto my cheeks.

"Aw, no need to be embarrassed by us," Sebastian noticed my blush and cheekily winked.

"Oh, shut up."

I ignored whatever he replied and instead took this opportunity to explore his room. It was pretty plain and only a large bed and a few pieces of furniture occupied the space. Walking over to his desk, I started to look through the things he had on there; a laptop, a school book and a framed photo. Seeing as Sebastian had nosed through my photos, I felt it was only right that I take a peek at his. It was of him and girl, maybe a year or two younger, and her arms were wrapped around Sebastian's neck while he stared at her lovingly.

"My sister, Lily." An all too familiar feeling encompassed me as Sebastian stood closely behind, looking at the photo over my shoulder.

"She's very pretty," I commented, smiling up at him. For some reason, I felt oddly secure in knowing that the girl who he had looked at so fondly was his sister and not a girlfriend.

"She lives with my aunt in Scotland so I haven't seen her in a while, she might have changed." Sebastian sighed deeply and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"How come?" Having him this close to me was causing a few butterflies to bounce around in my stomach.

"Another time, maybe. Ice skating, remember?" He changed the subject, moving away and letting me notice that he had already changed. I don't even remember him leaving the room.

*

"This is so unfair, how can you be good at everything?" I groaned, my clothes soaking up the cold from the ice.

"It's a talent of mine, sorry," Sebastian grinned cheekily whilst extending a hand so I could get up.

"I've fallen over seven times already, how is that even possible?" I asked myself, carefully skating away from Sebastian.

"You have to be the worst ice skater I've ever seen and that's saying something," He was now skating backwards in front of me, teasing. I reached out to bat his shoulder in response but instead found myself tipping forward,

"Bash! Oh fuc-" Seconds before I fell, Sebastian's warm hands wrapped around my forearms, keeping me steady. "Thanks," I brushed the hair out of my eyes and gave him a shaky smile.

"Here, I'll hold you up while you skate, okay?" He let go of one of my forearms but kept holding onto the other, tugging me along gently.

"This is so much easier!" I exclaimed, my balance now much smoother.

"You're a pro now, huh?" Sebastian laughed, shuffling his hand further down my arm and latching onto my wrist.

"I've always been a pro." I deadpanned back before I wobbled slightly and Sebastian slipped his hand into mine.

"Clearly," He teased, pulling me along the ice at an incredibly fast speed and then laughing as I struggled to keep up.

"Wait, wait, slow down!" With my spare hand flailing, I begged Sebastian to ease the pace but he simply grinned and spun round a corner.

Which meant that I flew out of his grip and went skidding across the ice, my bare forearms scraping against the cold ground. A split second later and Sebastian was flicking up flakes of ice as he dug his blades to stop, bending down and scanning me worriedly. After a few heavy breaths, I deemed myself fine to continue skating but Sebastian had other ideas.

"Alexa, your arm is bleeding like crazy, you need to leave the rink," He grabbed my wrist and started tugging me towards an exit.

"But I want to keep skating." I frowned at his suggestion, pouting a little.

"Tough shit." But I was holding my ground. I buried the blades of my boots into the ice, effectively stopping Sebastian from moving me.

"Please?"

"Alexa, you'll get blood all over the place." He raised an eyebrow, causing me to sigh deeply. Without another word, Sebastian swept me up into a bridal lift which left me clutching onto his neck for dear life as he swiftly skated off.

"What are you doing?!" I screeched, noticeably attracting attention to us.

"I don't want you to fall over again," He replied simply, depositing me on a bench.

"Did you really have to carry me though?" Rolling my eyes at his random act, I took a quick glance at my arm and winced.

"Yep." Sebastian dismissed me completely and instead started to inspect my wound.

"For once it's you playing nurse and not me," I snorted a little.

"It's not like you need to do that for me anyway," Sebastian looked up at me with a slightly quizzical stare. "C'mon, my house is closer, I'll sort that out there." He sighed and pulled me onto my feet.

"You're overreacting," I grinned widely, undoing my skating boots and putting on my normal shoes.

"Never," Sebastian copied my smile.

*

I waited inside Sebastian's living room whilst he went and got the first aid kit once we arrived back at his house. The room was fairly plain, with a huge couch and a TV but nothing else furniture wise. I kind of felt like it wasn't used very often.

"Okay, don't move because this will hurt." Sebastian walked back into the room, plopping down next to me and pulling out a bottle of saline.

"Yes sir," I feigned a sweet smile as I fiddled around with the things inside the bag.

"Alexa," He groaned, clearly not in the mood for my playful tone.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" I scoffed, grabbing a couple of plasters and taking the rubber band off them.

"Just shush, okay?" Sebastian ignored my question and poured the saline over my torn skin.

"A little warning would've been nice!" With clenched teeth, I grabbed onto the hem of Sebastian's shirt tightly.

"Anything to get you to be quiet," He shot me a quick wink and grabbed some gauze. I picked up one of his wrists and snapped the rubber band over it. "Alexa, what the fuck?!"

"Oops," I pretended innocence before my conscience kicked in, accompanied by a sigh. "I'm sorry, my anger just got the better of me, you're being weird and I don't like it."

"I hurt you, even though I promised I wouldn't do that ever again," Sebastian blurted out, tapping his foot subconsciously.

"Hey," I gave him a soft smile. "It was an accident and it doesn't even hurt all that much."

"Are you sure?" He studied me with a worried look.

"One hundred per cent."

"Can't say the same about me though, that rubber band fucking hurt." And Sebastian was back.

"Wait, I have an idea!" My eyes widened as I thought it through while Sebastian nodded for me to continue. "When you're angry, snap the rubber band. It'll hurt and make you pause for a second longer before doing anything you might regret," I explained the notion and bit my lip, waiting to hear Sebastian's opinion.

"Not bad," His wide grin caused me to do so too and I felt a sense of accomplishment wash over me as I knew I'd finally done something to help.

—-

I went ice skating and cut up my knee the other day so that served as unfortunate inspiration for this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 53 25
Book One of the By Them Series. ~ "You're one of them," he breathed against my lips that made me shudder. I wanted to lie. I wanted to tell him I was...
8.8K 345 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
124K 2.9K 36
Book two of a different kind of fairy tale series (can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest reading as a series) *His fangs came forward. "Mine...
153K 4.8K 13
I turned to go inside but ran into a wall in stead. A wall that had hands, I found out when they caught me from falling. looking up I saw that it was...