Changed me

By SincerelyShomal

Time was standing annoyingly still and I think I may have forgotten how to properly breathe. "Panda you hav... More

Tame the mane
Are you a mute?
Can i have his kids?
I promise i'm stronger than you
Swoon
Green is your color sweetheart
I wouldn't hurt you
does that make me your daddy?
Don't make promises you can't keep. (Niles P.O.V)
I'm going to replace you
You are a terrible liar
What can happen in three weeks?
Liar you're glad it hurt
Not too shabby
Homecoming
What Are You Wearing?
Where do I stand?
Ketchup or Mayo?
Someone is on his period.
Hey Monkeys
Little Lady
It's a No Go
Sexy Thug
Losing Brain cells
Bromance
Give Me the Twinkie
That Blush on Your Cheek
Aria brings you shampoo?
Breathing is a Necessity
It's My Fault
Cocky Are We?
Kiss me Please
Rap God
Last Puppy Cake
I'm Vegan
Blood On Your Costume
Plain Blue Doors
Beautiful People
You're a Distraction
The Same
I am Sorry
Nightmares
My Story
Did He Apologize?
Story Update!
Author's Update

yellow latex dress

10.5K 526 67
By SincerelyShomal

This day needs to end right now like right this moment. First it was that awful group assignment. Who in the hell thought it was okay to put me in a group with the wicked witch of Irissmith and king douche bag. I know you're supposed to see the best in people, but those two can turn a saint into a sinner real quick. Freaking Mr. Walsh. The only upside to this whole ordeal is that I get to work with Nile. Then lunch was a bust filled with Marco talking to me about my dress for homecoming, which I haven't gotten yet. Honestly I'd wear a trash bag just to piss him off. Freak it I'm skipping my next class.

"Hey Lex you want to leave?"  I ask her as she stuffs her books angrily into her backpack. I think everyone is just over this damn day.

"Please! Wait since when does miss perfect cut school?"

"Shut up and let's go."

Grabbing our jackets from our lockers we made our way to the back exit. This is the only exit that if you stand at a certain angle the camera will not catch you. Marco being my student guide taught me something. Lex runs ahead of me her blonde hair following behind her. I laugh because she's running like a crippled antelope. The cool October air hits us and for some reason we feel way happier than when we were inside the school building. Lex is at my car before I can unlock it so she jumps around pouting like a four year old. Again I say "ladies and gents this is my best friend."

"Where do you want to go?" I ask Lex who is scrolling through her phone aimlessly as we pull out of the parking lot. When my question goes on answered I pinch her.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"Answer my question!"

"What did you want to know?"

Rolling my eyes "Where do you want to go stupid?"

"I do not appreciate your tone of voice, nor your violence, and lets go to the mall duh!" She says still scrolling on her phone.

"What are you looking at?"

" The schools homecoming page. I think Beth runs it, but it updates frequently letting everyone know whose going with who. The occasional crazy girl puts her dress on the page so no other girl gets the same dress as her." She said never breaking eye contact with her phone. "Kendra is wearing a yellow latex dress. Um that's not even cute."

"Lex stop being mean." I tell her trying to hide the laughter.

"It's not mean its honest."

The rest of the ride to the mall is pretty chill with a Beyoncé sing a long or shout a long. The parking lot of the mall was pretty empty and to a driver this is paradise. Snagging a front row parking spot we run into the mall. Since school is still in session the mall is not totally crowded.  I love the smell of mall. I know that's weird, but I just like the new clothes smell. It makes my nose tingle. We run to the first dress store and I can feel my dad's bank account screaming from the prices in this place.

"Honestly Lex I don't even want to look nice for homecoming." I say.

Lex's head move from the tulle dress she's holding to me. Looking at me as if I have seventeen heads.

"What the crap is you talking about? This is homecoming, and you have a date!"

"But my dates Marco." I say holding a white lace dress.

"Even though you're going with the loch ness monster it is still an excuse to get a new dress and look hot." Lex says once again back on the phone. She seemed to be comparing a dress she was holding with a picture on the phone.

"I don't want to look good for that jerk."

Lex is silent, her eyes staring angrily on her phone. I guess someone has the dress she wants. I am still holding onto the lace dress trying to convince myself not to try it on. Lex still has not spoken and it has been awhile.

"Hey dude why aren't you talking?" I ask

"Do you want another reason to look hot for homecoming?" She asked sounding a little unsure. Nodding I wait for her response.

"Umm well Sasha is going to homecoming with Mr. Silently Sexy."

Now it's my turn to stare at her. Why the hell is he going to homecoming with her? How could he ask her? See I don't understand this dude first off talking to him is like pulling teeth yet he talks to Sasha like they are old freaking pals. No screw that. Storming into the dressing room I try on the white lace dress. The dress is far from simple, but it is not super extravagant. It was simply perfect. It made me look like I have a body. The dress was long and had a slit going up mid thigh. I love it.

"Hey are you just going to hide in there?" Lex shouts. I promise you the girl does not care where she is.

I walk out of the dressing room and do a 360 degree turn for Lex.

"OH if this dress doesn't make that boy want to go all caveman over you I don't know what will." We both laugh at her statement. I honestly don't know where she comes up with these things. Staring at myself in the mirror I look at the dress that adorns my body.

"We have to straighten your hair." Lex says. I cringe a little at the thought of it because I can't remember the last time I straightened my hair.

We pay for the dresses we've bought me getting the white dress and Lex settling for a mint green dress. I am really going to have to be the best daughter ever to my dad. This dress was a little more expensive than I would have liked. Lex and I browse through a few more stores grabbing shoes, and make up. I am not going to lie today has made me a little more excited for homecoming.

I dropped Lex off and drove home. My mind reeling from the fact Nile is going with Sasha. Honestly I would have never guessed he'd have enough courage to do such a thing. Pulling into the driveway I see dads car already there. Crap I was going to make dinner to sugar coat the dress purchase. Puppy dog eyes, puppy dog eyes I repeat to myself over and over. 

"Hey daddy." I say closing the door behind me.

"What do you want?" He asks without so much as a hello.

"What do you mean?"  I ask quietly.

"You only call me daddy when you want something. So tell me what you want, and ill find the best way to say no."

"Why would you say no?" I feign sadness.

"Because that is the fun part of being a father." Smiling brightly at me he turns the TV on. I wonder if he acted like this with mom.

"Dad why are you home in the middle of the day?"

" I need a break. Can't a man come home to his house, and just lounge around in his boxers?"

"Not when he has a teenage daughter who gets queasy easily."

"Shut up and accept your father as he is. I am taking a break I have a meeting tonight." Laughing I head to my room to hide the dress. Taking my hair out of the bun I change my pants. The best feeling in the world is taking off restricting jeans. If I could wear pajama shorts all day I would.

Honestly though what does Nile see in Sasha? It bothers me that one second I think we're becoming good friends, then he goes all cat got my tongue on me. "Manny sitting here complaining is not going to make a difference." I say to myself. I hate it when my mind is right. Deciding my mind needed a mental break I turn on the television to get lost in some reality TV.

"Oh daughter dearest wake up." I hear the voice but my eyes refuse to open. When did I fall asleep? My body begins to rock from side to side. Swatting away my dad's hands I stuff my face in the pillow praying that sleep takes me over once more. Dad's arms wrap around my ankles and he starts pulling. I grab onto the headboard knowing good and well he will drag me off the bed.

"I'm up!" I scream. "I surrender"

"Good now get up and head to school."

"Yes sir" I mock him.

It was already about 7:40 and I needed to be at school by 8. The last thing I need is Mr. Walsh giving me another dang detention, or maybe he'll make me a student guide again. "No, no thoughts about Nile." Rushing through my morning routine I opt on sweats and a messy bun. Freak being cute today. With a banana and a bye to dad I'm out the house and in the car. The drive to school will probably result in a parking ticket, but hey I made it with five minutes to spare. The hallway was still really full given that class starts in a few minutes. Everyone is posted up either on a wall, or standing in groups conversing. Homecoming is tomorrow, so everyone's talking about the game and the dance.  The seniors are more excited about homecoming than anyone else. I am guessing it is because it is their last homecoming. As for me I'm only excited about getting to wear my dress. I'm by myself today since Lex had a doctors appointment.

"Manny are you coming to the assembly?" Beth asked pulling me before I even got the chance to answer.

"What assembly?"

"It's the assembly for the homecoming court!"

"Wait what are you talking about?"

"You've been nominated for homecoming queen along with me, Sasha and Marnie."

"Why did I get nominated?"

"I mean besides being totally hot. You are going to homecoming with a football player." I guess the world has chosen me as its own personal joke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...
105K 2.9K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
346K 12.9K 38
What if I can't leave you alone?" He says invading my personal bubble again. "I can't just stay away from you Xan, I won't. If I can be as close to y...
19.2K 508 29
'' Are you always such a flirt or are you just deciding to give me extra attention today. " I told him looking at his eyes, which became more intense...