The Battle Of The Crown

Galing kay ElinaAlpha

Davina herself and her life are far beyond normal. With a life surrounded by angels, demons, hell, paradise a... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Κεφάλαιο 4

3 0 0
Galing kay ElinaAlpha

My footsteps echoed throughout the palace. 

The servants were on the edge when I passed. With all my might I opened the doors. From my strength they hit the wall and just like that the room fell silent and I had everyone's attention. In the middle stand no other than Amon, pointing to the egg I found. While the others around him laughed and admired it. 

"YOU!" I said pointing at him with a look that could kill him. 

"Can I help you with something?" 

"You stole my egg!" 

"Correction I found the egg . It was at my feet." 

"Only because a monster was trying to kill me!" 

"But you weren't holding  the egg." 

"Because it was choking me!" 

"And I should care why?" He said with an ironic smug smile that made everyone start laughing at me. He came so close to me that his breath met mine in the few millimetres that separated us. 

"In the end you proved to me what I already knew, you are nothing more than a pathetic, weak, little, angel." 

That's it.

 A loud sound was heard all over the room, causing everyone to be silent once more and look at me with awe and surprise. 

"How dare you raise a hand on me? Do you know who I am?" 

"You are nothing more than a selfish asshole who thinks of no one but his little insignificant self." And just like that I finally managed to erase that stupid smile from his face. Our eyes were locked, we were burning holes in each others head. 

I could feel my hands starting to burn. I walked away and closed my eyes trying to calm down. They didn't need to know about my ability to bend fire. This would make me even more weird in their eyes. I felt hands touching my shoulders, it was Alice. She spoke to me through the psychic link we shared. 

"Davina calm down, it's not worth it." 

There was a laugh. 

"As I said, weak. She can't even stand a small quarrel and she needs the hug of her friend so she doesn't cry. Pathetic." In the last word he looked at me from top to bottom. 

Screw control. 

My hands light with fire and I threw it in his direction. At that moment, I was just trembling with anger and Alice with fear. She has seen me when I lose control, and let's just say things are not nice. Amon looked at me with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth. Of course, I didn't throw it at him, but right next to him. After all, where would be the fun in that? 

"But you're an angel. Angels don't have..." 

"Fire?" I didn't let him finish. "Apparently I'm not what you think, am I Amon."

 The expression of shock turned in fractions of seconds into anger, but I didn't care. I turned my back and left this room before I completely lost control. I felt Alice right behind me. I stopped  and turned abruptly to look at her. 

"WHAT?" 

"Cut the attitude, it's me you are talking to." She was right, I burst on her. 

"You're right sorry." The atmosphere softened a little. "You know what it's like when I get angry. I can't control myself." 

"I know. That's why I tried to help you, but Satan's seed had to open up his stupid mouth and make the situation worse." We both looked at each other and laughed at the characterization she chose for Amon. It suited him perfectly, metaphorically and literally.

"You know, after that, the questions will start." 

I shrugged. 

"Let them ask, I have no answer to give them, neither I or anyone from above  know what is going on, that's why they kicked me to earth and you found me. I was something unknown that scared them." I felt betrayed by my own kind but the truth is that without them I wouldn't have met Alice and that's  something unthinkable for me at that moment. 

"You know very well that we saved each other and that doesn't change. Wherever I go, you go. No question to that. You won't be left alone again." I looked at her. "No seriously, I've made it the goal of my life, get ready for an eternity stuck with me, always by your side." 

"Should I reconsider? Do I have time?" We both laughed so loudly that the whole castle could listen to us. 

"Let's go now. Your next challenge awaits you." 

"Already... I didn't have any time to rest or even eat. And you know how I'm with my food, we have a very sacred relationship." 

"Yes, I know, and that's why I brought your favourite." 

Suddenly, paradise appeared in her hands!

"DONATS with chocolate filling and cookie coating!" I danced like a small child trying to get it. "Give it to me." 

"Hahaha. When will you grow up Davina?" 

"If growing up involves giving up this magnificent earthly creation, then never." While I put the last bite of donut in my mouth, I looked at Alice and her gaze was serious. I have to take it more seriously, her throne is in danger, I can't disappoint her. 

"Let's go." The surrounding landscape turned into endless sand with pyramids. 

Wait a second ... 

"Egypt... Seriously? What could they want from Egypt? "

"To be exact, Egypt of the 19th century." 

"What the hell?" Way to many years back for my taste. 

"So you have to go find Pharaoh's crown. The coronation will take place today. When you get it in your hands, come to this rock here and say the spell I wrote to you on the paper. Under normal circumstances, you will return to our year. "

" Okay? "I said a little confused. Alice started disappearing. 

"Normal conditions? "I asked a little terrified. "Goodbye Davina."

And I was lost. Damn. For her own sake I hope I don't get stuck in this century. The desert though expected was way too hot, with too much sweat and too little water, with the sun just above me, slowly boiling me. When I finally arrived at the palace my dream came true. In front of my eyes there was a huge fountain with many tons of water. Exactly what I needed. With a very awkward running and stumbling I reached the edge and just fell in enjoying the moisture that was entering my dehydrated body. 

For as long as it lasted.... 

Suddenly something overshadowed me and I didn't have a good premonition of it. I opened my eyes and from their clothing  I could understand that the three wild guys who were hiding me from the sun must have been the guardians of the Pharaoh. 

 "What's up guys?" My clever mouth said. Because what could be more logical than catching a conversation with three guys who could easily kill you. They grabbed me by the arms and dragged me all the way until we reached some wooden cells. 

"Let me go, I didn't do anything." They threw me in, locked the door and without even looking at me they started saying automatically. "Violating the palace and using any object without Pharaoh's permission is punishable by execution." 

And they just left. 

"You're kidding me! I was dehydrated! I just got into a fountain for fuck's sake." The sound of a very familiar laugh was heard from behind me. I turned slowly and steadily praying that he was not the one I believed. The universe must be joking me. "What do you find so funny?" I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest and raised an eyebrow. 

"You're the only person I know who's stupid enough to get executed for something as silly as 'diving' into a fountain." He said, continuing to laugh. 

"Then you will not have met yourself yet. What a pity. Let me introduce you Amon here is your dump self, dump self here is Amon." I said approaching the railings and pointing at him. He got up slowly but fierce and he approached me. 

"You have to start paying more attention to the way you talk to me." 

"Ohh yeah? Why, what exactly will the great, evil, soon to be 'King' of hell do to me?" I said in a mocking tone. His eyes light up and his gaze while it terrified me at the same time fascinated me. His hands slipped between the railings, grabbed me and clung me even more on them. He brought his mouth close to my ear and whispered. 

"Things your little innocent mind hasn't even imagined." 

My heart started pounding so hard, that I was afraid he would hear it. My breath suddenly became heavier and I shivered despite the short distance that separated us due to the obstacles. I turned my head so we could face each other. Amon's hold on me didn't even break for a second, and the distance between us was the same or less. I could feel his breath hitting my lips at the same speed as mine. His eyes fixed on mine as if he was trying to hold from wherever he could. Unconsciously, we approached our faces a little more to the point where our lips were almost flattening each other, and then. 

"IF it's possible kiss already." Amon moved away and pulled his arms out, and I stood motionless, feeling the lack of touch. Wake up Davina. I turned to see where this voice came from. 

"Who are you?" 

"I'm the other moribund who is trying to enjoy the quietness of the last moments before the execution. If you don't mind, of course." He was a middle-aged man who stand with much difficulty and that's why he was poured into a corner of the cell, breathing very slowly that's why we hadn't seen him. 

"Well, it won't be long. Just before the coronation, he will kill us in front of all his people as an example." That's it, who would have imagined it. 

I also fell down in the corner of my cell and was holding my head. "That's it! After our execution the coronation will take place, the crown will be there. And a very good opportunity to get it." 

"Not, if I get it first." 

"You're an asshole Amon. Last time you cheated. Since you want to be king of hell, even for that place, you need to have a little bit of dignity or honor." He turned to say something but stopped, instead, bowed his head and began to look at the floor again. 

Perfect, now  not only I have to get the crown but I have to look out for Amon too.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.2M 110K 52
Being reborn into a completely different timeline seems a bit impossible, isn't it? but things aren't always as it seems. [cringe warning] [james po...
110K 4.4K 43
(This is not machine translated!) (Starts from chapter 241.) A guy in his late twenties one day wakes up in someone else's body and realises he's gon...
623K 21K 40
Iris Mondeau wakes up one day in a new world and discovers just how shockingly the new world is. She tries to adapt and gets used to her new life, un...
24.8K 1.6K 76
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...