An Introvert's Guide To Findi...

By _shorthairloudmouth_

Pari, holds secrets that makes her who she is, a person scared of love but will she overcome her past when sh... More

one | introduction |
two | mumbai |
three | first encounter |
four | scallops and pizza |
five | dinner |
six | hues |
seven | utopia |
eight | denim shorts |
nine | beach day |
ten | revelation |
eleven | new friends? |
twelve | regrets |
thirteen | reverie |
fourteen | haldi ceremony |
fifteen | wedding festivities |
sixteen | feelings |
seventeen | more feelings |
eighteen | wedding |
nineteen | plans |
twenty | shimla |
twenty one | heartbreak |
twenty two | movie marathon |
twenty three | old friend |
twenty four | jealousy |
twenty five | to the bar |
twenty six | pain |
twenty seven | the night |
twenty eight | decisions |
thirty | past-life |
thirty one | chasing dreams |
thirty two | stood up |
thirty three | accomplice |
thirty four | primrose park |
thirty five | rain |
thirty six | london |
thirty seven | the end |

twenty nine | here we part |

295 13 8
By _shorthairloudmouth_

*Aparshakti's POV*

Yesterday had been a tiring day, I had been busy from early in the morning shooting for my upcoming movie with Rajkumar Rao. He was a great guy and we had fun while shooting but they can be really tiring as well, so tiring that you fall asleep on the couch as soon as you get home and that's what I did yesterday. I had come back home very late last night, so tired that I even found it hard to walk on a straight line to my room, so tired that I hadn't bothered changing out of my clothes, plopped down on my couch itself and dozed off to sleep.

I woke up with the sun hitting on my face, walking straight to the bathroom, freshening up and changing out of my work clothes knowing I had a few hours before running off to shoot again. Getting freshened up, I walked to the kitchen, to my refrigerator, taking the juice and pouring some for myself in a glass, sipping on it finally getting ready to make some breakfast when it suddenly hit me. I have gone without checking my phone for over twenty-four hours. I had been so busy that I hadn't gotten the time and it had totally slipped away from my mind.

What if there were important calls that I had missed? Movie deals perhaps?

I looked around trying to find my phone, but unable I walked to the bathroom where I had left my dirty clothes, finally fishing it out from the back pocket of my trousers. I unlocked the phone to see some missed calls from a few friends, family and my brother, and also a few texts from my service providers and Amazon, but among them on e was from Pari, which was unusual of her considering she had never bothered to text but always call. I opened the text.

Goodbye Appu.

She had used my nickname that she had given me to wish me goodbye. I instantly knew this was serious. I tried calling her a few times but her phone was switched off so scrolling down through my phone, thanking god that I had taken his number from Pari, I called Manish.

"Hello." The man said.

"Hey, this is me Aparsakhti, Pari's friend. Where is she." I said in a go not waiting in between to know if he had actually realised who I was or not.

"Yes, yes. Pari ma'am just left, her flight was scheduled to leave today." Manish said.

"Flight? Flight for where?" I asked the worst possible thoughts in my mind.

"She has left to go back home and she will be staying. She didn't tell you?" Manish said shock evident in his voice, but I didn't bother to answer my worst fears having already come true. I disconnected the call and called Siddharth.

*Siddharth's POV*

It has been two days since Pari is ignoring me. I knew my revelation had come as a sudden shock to her but I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. It had been so long since I felt for her, I don't even remember since when I started feeling this way, all I knew was that it was getting stronger and stronger every day and I had to let her know what I was feeling.

It's been two days now and she hasn't replied any of the innumerable texts that I had already sent her, but I didn't call her because I didn't want to invade her space. Yesterday I had waited by my door all day to try and catch her on the way but her apartment had been locked all day which was pretty unusual but I didn't let it get to be, she would probably be over Aparshakti's.

I was making my breakfast when I heard my phone buzz. I saw Aparshakti's name flashing on the screen which filled me with rage, I didn't know why I never liked him, probably because he was always so close to Pari, he was where I always wanted to be. I could hear him as soon as I accepted the call.

"What did you do?" Aparshakti asked angrily, his voice harsh.

"What do you mean?" I asked him perplexed not understanding what he was referring to.

"What the hell did you do to make her leave?" He asked his voice raspy.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Pari, she left." I heard him say.

"What? What do you mean she left."? I said shocked running my fingers through my hair.

"Pari left for London yesterday. I had been busy and I only saw her text today." Aparshakti continued. "All she wrote was Goodbye. Manish, her driver gave me the details when I called him this morning."

I couldn't believe me ears. I quickly disconnected the call not caring if I appeared rude and slipped into decent pair of clothing. Having taken my car, I rushed to the only person I thought who could give me some details.

.

I was outside Karan's house. I shifted nervously on my feet, then making my way inside. Karan was having his breakfast so I waited in his study.

"What brings you here early in the morning." Karan asked entering the room.

"Pari left?" I asked him still not being able to process the information.

"Seems so. I received a call from my friend and he said she won't be working anymore."

"But why?" I asked.

"I don't know." He stated as a matter of fact.

"But shouldn't you know? Isn't there a binding contract or anything that stops her from leaving in between her work period?" I retorted.

"Unfortunately, no. She was recommended through a friend and she could work for as long she wanted or as short as she wanted, but must I say she worked well. I will take her in again if she wants to work again sometime.

Feeling defeated I bid Karan goodbye and left. In the car, I tried calling Pari several times but to no avail, her phone had already been switched off. So, I decided to call Harpreet hoping he could update me but to my surprise he was as shocked as I was when he heard the news. He has had no contacts with her recently. I let him know of the recent situation and my feelings and he gladly promised to let me know when he comes to know something.

It was after three days that I received a call from Harpreet. He told me that he had just returned from visiting Pari and suggested me that I give her sometime and that he would help me win her. He wanted some time so that he could make Pari understand of her own feelings regarding me so even unwilling to wait I agreed. He wasn't willing to reveal anything further and I didn't press him on the subject either. But what ate me alive was not knowing what I had done wrong or what went wrong that she had to leave me like this. Then it clicked. Her past. I definitely had to be her past. She had left her everything behind to start a new and maybe that's what is affecting her today as well. I started to brainstorm ideas on how I could get to know what had really happened to her in her past.

Maddy, she would definitely know what happened.

That's when I remembered Maddy and I knew she could give me the answers that I was looking for. I quickly went on my Facebook and started looking through Pari's Facebook profile. She rarely posts anything and the last post had been a picture of her with Karan from the sets of Ittefaq. I went onto her friend list and quickly came across Maddy's profile. I sent her a quick text saying I needed to meet her and talk.

She replied back instantly and quite excitedly. I invited her over to my place but she informed me that she was already back in Kolkata. I told her I would make arrangements for her to come down here and she accepted quickly.

I gave her all the details over Facebook and we set an appointment to meet the next evening.

.

I was waiting for Maddy to arrive and fortunately she wasn't late. She wore a skimpy red dress and looked pretty. She was asking me a lot of questions on why I wanted to meet her and similar things but I was getting restless with every passing minute and I finally began.

"Actually, I needed to talk to you about..."

I was halfway through when she didn't let me complete and threw herself on me. She tried to kiss me and I tried my best to push her away. She was quite strong compared to her stature but I was successful.

"What do you think you are doing? I love Pari." I blurted out trying my best to push her away from myself.

I saw the embarrassment in her face. She must have gotten the wrong idea due to me not being clear to her before.

"I am sorry." She said now voluntarily stepping away.

"It's okay let's forget that ever happened. Look I needed to talk about Pari." I said looking at the ground awkward from what had just happened.

"Pari?" she asked lifting her head and looking at me questioningly. I understood that she too wasn't aware of her leaving.

"What about her?"

"She left again and I feel this is related to her past. I want to know what happened in her past so that I can straight things right." I told her.

She looked at me her gaze softening, her eyes were glassy already and I knew this is going to be bad.

"It's a long story." She said, straightening her dress, and looking at me with sad eyes finally beginning,

.

Hey guys, I hope you are liking the story so far, please share your thoughts and feedback with me through the comments. Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 8.5K 104
Two Strangers were meet in most stranger way. Both are lonely in their life and just craving for love. He was rich business tycoon in all over world...
3.3K 935 34
To all the girls who think they are not pretty enough to get loved.. Ahanaa and Siddharth.. a ideal couple that shows love is not done by looks.. Giv...
32.6K 3.3K 31
A story of arranged marriage of sidnaaz. With ups and downs like every relationship yet they come out as the strongest lovers.
364K 44.3K 89
You know how sometimes two people meet and fall in love with each other and it feels like they are meant to be,like they are soulmates. Yea.....this...