Curves | ONC 2020 Shortlist

By Zoe_Blessing

When your girlfriend gives you a gym membership for your birthday, your relationship is probably doomed. Too... More

1. Jenny, Downtrodden
2. Enter Juliana
3. Jenny's First
4. Juliana, Totally Not a Stalker
5. Jenny, Falling
6. Juliana to the Rescue
7. Jenny Meets the Trainer
8. Juliana, Tongue-Tied
9. Jenny and the Business Card
10. Juliana, Not an Inappropriate Weirdo
11. Jenny Seeks Advice
12. Juliana Tries Not to Fangirl
13. Jenny, Mesmerized
14. Juliana Contemplates the Line
15. Jenny Contemplates Kettle Bells
16. Juliana and the Ghost
18. Juliana Learns the Truth
19. Jenny Consults Mom Again
20. Juliana Makes a Tough Decision
21. Jenny Gets Voicemail
22. Juliana Asks Questions
23. Jenny Learns Something
24. Juliana, Revealed
25. Jenny, Triumphant
26. Juliana vs. Nerves
27. Jenny Meets Noah
28. Juliana, More Than a Pretty Face
29. Jenny Wrestles with Esteem
30. Juliana and Biscuits and Gravy
31. Jenny Fights Her Tongue
32. Juliana, Silenced
33. Jenny, the Courageous

17. Jenny in Shock

8K 866 127
By Zoe_Blessing

Dismay. Shock. Horror. Jenny's emotions were a swirling riot of disbelief when she saw Juliana handing her card over to Danielle. Her ex, of course, had been her usual flirty, charming self, batting those perfect eyelashes and clutching her chest like some kind of swooning princess.

She couldn't blame her, truthfully. She'd have done the same if she'd had it in her. Juliana was kind, humble, and had her own subtle brand of charm going. She probably got hit on every single day.

Jenny wanted to storm in there and demand answers. Shout in Danielle's face, "What are you doing here? Why are you following me? You dumped me, and now you're trying to steal the one person I look forward to seeing? I will end you!"

Jenny slumped against the wall and watched Danielle saunter to the locker room. She wouldn't do any of those things. Jenny was not a stormer. She could never yell at anyone. She couldn't even face the woman who'd given her this gym membership in the first place. And looking forward to seeing Juliana? That was all a fantasy anyway. Those toned arms and freckled nose belonged to some guy named Noah.

She should laugh in Danielle's face. Point a finger and mock, "You are such a dog in heat, and you're barking up the wrong tree."

But all she felt was shame. She couldn't explain it. Couldn't face Juliana now that the girl had met her ex. Her athletic, magnetic, and energetic ex. The woman had a way with people that Jenny could never match or compete with. Swept them up like a tornado.

Jenny was a tumbleweed. She rolled where the winds blew her. She was passive. Wimpy. And as much as it pained her to do it, she would roll away from the gym today. Away from Juliana and her kind brown eyes. And more importantly, far away from the woman who'd proven that Jenny just wasn't the kind of person that people hung onto.

*sniff* Now I'm sad again. You know what to do. *glances meaningfully at the vote button*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 513 32
For the hopeless romantics like myself๐Ÿคญ(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
53.9K 2.2K 37
๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ž๐๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ฒ. ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ง. ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž. ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ'๐ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ...
232K 7.7K 50
A love story between two women One that has been through a heartbreak, not once, but twice, that had changed her life completely. Ms. Cold Stone, as...
12.9K 372 32
Jenny Colls moves out to start her new chapter of college life. Jenny's curiosity about a hot professor leaves her wanting more. But have they met be...