Healing, Love, and High School

sel_evelyn tarafından

Derek Long had everything going for him. He accomplish what he always wanted: having a girl who is perfect, g... Daha Fazla

Healing, Love, and High School
Chapter: It took me five minutes to realize
Chapter: My first mistake
Chapter: Knowing each other
Chapter: Friends After All
Chapter: Leading to the Party
Chapter: Party time??
Chapter: Going back
Chapter: Holding Hands Is a Friend Thing..Right?
Chapter: Talk
Chapter: Leslie
Chapter: I kissed her
Chapter: Kiss and Tell
Chapter: Why?
Chapter: Finally
Chapter: Is it worth it?
Chapter: Goodbye
Chapter: Learning
Chapter: The End

Chapter: Not me

44 1 0
sel_evelyn tarafından

I have her on my lap. I am trying to give her an answer to her question.

"Derek," she whispers, "I'm scared."

"Why?"

"Because my heart won't stop beating so freaking fast,"

"I-I need to, umm, think. I'm sorry for doing this, I know I got too excited," I say. She stands and helps me get on my feet.

I grab my cane. "How about we talk? Let me take you to dinner."

"Okay," she whispers.

"Bye Leslie,"

"Wait, you are not telling anyone this?"

"Nope, not yet,"

"I don't want to cause trouble,"

I touch her cheek. "You are not." I give her a faint smile and leave.

....

"What?" Claire is staring at me blankly. I invited her over my house. I need her help.

"I think there's something about Leslie that turns me on and I wanted to be with her."

She rubs her eyes. "I can't believe this!"

"I need you to help me. Has Leslie ever mention anything about me? Her thoughts or feelings towards me?"

She stands from the black office chair and walks towards me. I am on the corner of my bed. "Once, she said that you were sweet to her and you told her she looked pretty. She told me she felt her cheeks get pink and butterflies in her stomach."

"And does she think about me as cute or handsome?"

Claire rolls her eyes. "Oh Derek, you are trying to see if she likes you back to confess to her how you feel huh?"

"I just need to know what I'm feeling isn't just like sexual attraction. I don't want to hurt or lose Leslie."

Claire sits next to me. "I do think you guys have a good bond. She really does care about you and you seem to care as much about her."

"And I'm afraid we won't be friends after this," I say.

"Tell Florence first," Claire says. "Leslie likes honesty."

Unfortunately I have to do that. I don't want to loose Florence either. I love her. I think. Wait, no, I do. I would love to have her as my wife and the mother of my children.

"Have no idea what's going to happen," I say.

"But it should happen," Claire says.

...

Saturday

I am holding Florence's hand. We are walking around a park. She looks beatiful. She is wearing a v-neck white long white dress with her hair loose and straight.

"So, what did you want to say?" She asks.

I need to man up. She doesn't deserve to be lied to. I stop, take her hands and look at her. "I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to be rude."

"It's fine," she says.

"And well, something happened between-" my phone rings as well as Florence's. It's a text: FROM: MARVIN

HEY BARBEQUE PARTY AT 2PM AT MY HOUSE TILL THE COPS GET CALLED. COME ON OVER MR. POPULAR, EVERY SENIOR IS COMING AND MOST WANT TO HANG WITH YOU.

Florence chuckles, "We are totally going!"

"But I need-"

"Ssh, I will talk to your dad. We are going and I need to go get ready. Take me home," she says. She pulls me towards the car Lu is inside.

"Lu, take us to my house," Florence yells. She opens the door and gets in the car. I can tell her later then.

...

"What is going on with you? I thought you fixed the problem with Leslie," Stan says. I am waiting for Florence to pick me up to go to Marvin's place.

"Yeah I did, why the question?" I ask.

He looks closer at me. "You seem nervous."

"Well I am going to a party. First one in a whole year," I shrug, "lots of people waiting for me."

"Oh so now you are social?"

"Yeah, I guess,"

"You look cool,"

"Thanks,"

"So, I broke up with my girlfriend."

"Why?"

"Too much work for both of us," he shrugs. "We weren't feeling it anymore."

"Is it harder to brake up with someone when you know you did something wrong to ruin it?" I ask him.

"Yes, but it's better to say it," Stan answers. "And you screwed up with Florence huh?"

Speaking of, I hear her car park and she honks. "I'm leaving. Tell dad I'll be home by 1."

I walk out and get into the car. "Hey," I say to Florence.

She smiles, "Do I look good?" She has a short white skirt and a matching crop top. I see her small waist and soft tummy. Her slim legs are crossed sensually and her shoes dress in white heels.

"Yes," I smile. "But why so dressed up?"

"We are the hot couple. I want people to see just hot we are," she grins.

"Okay if you say so,"I smile, "do i look good?"

"Yep, that navy shirt fits you nice babe," she smirks.

I chuckle, "focus on the road."

We arrive to Marvin's house. We walk to the backyard and see most of the senior class. Marvin spots us ans yells our name. "Derek and Florence are here!"

Everyone shouts and claps. Marvin walks towards us and hugs Florence. "Thanks for coming," he smiles. He shakes my hand, "you look good bro."

"Thanks," I say.

Florence holds my arm. "So where are you siting at?"

Marvin smiles, "over here." We walk to a "L" shape brown couch near the pool. "Hey," Helga smiles at us.

"You look good!" Florence giggles. They start talking and I tune them down. Marvin starts to introduce me to some family members.

"And this is Ray," he points to a skinny dark brown guy siting on top of the couch.

"Hey, sorry for the leg, heard the story," Ray says.

"Thanks."

"Hey Newton!" Bob, a blonde hair guy, yells. He is siting next to Marvin. I look at Newton's direction. I see Leslie trying to hide behind him.

Newton grins and waves at Bob. He starts walking to us.

"Babe," Florence kisses my cheek. "Can I get a drink?"

"But you're driving," I say.

She rolls her eyes, "just one."

Before I can answer, Newton says hi to everyone.

Whoa.

"Is that Leslie?" Helga asks Newton.

Newton smirks, "Yeah. She's my date."

Leslie has the blue dress I bought her and her hair is loose with light curls. She has some makeup, I think because her hazel eyes are even more brighter.

"Hi," Leslie says. She sounds upset.

"Hey," Florence says.

"Can we sit somewhere else?" Leslie asks Newton.

Newton nods and excuses himself. They sit on the other side of the pool.

Why did she come with him? Why is she dressed up? Why is she showing everyone her hair? I thought, I wanted to be the only one seeing her with her loose hair.

"You okay?" Marvin asks. "Florence said she is getting a drink."

I shake my head, "Yeah cool."

"Leslie looks cute. You think they are dating?"

"I don't know,"

"Well isn't she your friend?"

"Yeah, but I didn't even know you invited her over."

"I didn't,  I invited Newton."

The party goes on. I try not to look at Leslie or Newton. I don't like to see them together. I am not jealous is more of this feeling that he is just using Leslie.

"Let's dance," Florence gets my hand and we stand.

"Umm, I can't dance like I used to," I say. Florence turns around and puts my arms around her. She begins to move her hips to the hip hop music. "Well just enjoy the show," she giggles.

Man, she is so hot. Why did I kiss Leslie? I shouldn't have kissed her. I am afraid to tell Florence now.

LESLIE POV

"And how do you manage?" Newton asks me. We are walking around the neighborhood block. Thankfully I have very low heels, so I am not tired.

"With what?"

"Having Derek Long as your best friend?"

"What type of question is that?" I chuckle.

"when we were friends, he was just too proud and somewhat haughty. He was the most popular kid in school and he acted like he thought he should. Sometimes he even pushed me aside because I was too 'nerdy' to be seen with him. So that's when Troy became his best friend."

"He isn't haughty," I say.

"Please, if there was no accident, he wouldn't look twice at you or that Claire girl," Newton says.

"I don't believe that," I stop walking. "Why the sudden attitude?"

He stops too. "Because I want to protect you. You are a nice girl. He doesn't deserve you."

"Whoa, we are best friends remember?" I say. "There's nothing to us other than friendship."

Newton grabs my hand. "I see how he looks at you now."

"Uumm, well everyone got surprise to see me this way," I say. "Of course Derek looked at me different because I look different."

"I-I," Newton nervously says. He clears his throat. "I am good with speeches and my math tests. I am good with writing a thesis paper but when it comes to people I have a hard time talking about normal fun things. I saw you and looked at your file in the secretary office and well I had an interest in you."

He gets closer to me. "I think you are so cute and even hot right now and I would like you to be my, umm, girl?"

He is asking me out. .......

*mind explosion*

I feel my cheeks get warm and then my lips move. He is kissing me! His hands are on my cheek gently carressing them and his lips are moving slowly for me to reply. He is the third guy I kissed. But I don't like him and it is weird. I stand there and let him finish. He pulls away, "I didn't do that right?"

I touch my lips. "I don't like-"

"Punch!" Suddenly Newton is on the floor.

"Back off!" Derek screams angrily. "Don't ever in your life kiss her!"

"What the hell?" I yell. I help Newton who thankfully has his right cheek red.

"He is just using you! He is pissed for not being as popular as I was even now! He is trying to boost his popularity level."

"Are you serious?" Newton asks in disabelieve. "Look who is shallow! I am not thinking about my popularity level. You are!"

"Shut up!" I yell. "First, it was wrong of you to push Newton aside when you were best friends because he wasn't, according to you, fun. Second, we are only friends, you proven that today."

I thought he told Florence everything. He didn't after he told me. Is he not going to say anything?

Derek frowns, "Look, I am going to tell he-"

"Quiet," I say. "Stop being jealous when there is no need to be. Let's go Newton."

I take Newton by the hand and we walk away.

I know two things now.

1.) Derek Long doesn't love me.

2.) He wants to be the same guy he was before. Nothing wrong with that except Newton is right. No nerds, losers, weirdos, poor, etc. People are considered popular or hot in the movies and books. So Derek is choosing popularity and not me. Simple as that. He showed it by coming with Florence to a senior party.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

398 6 1
Almost a decade of pain pent up inside her, Sameera manages to lead a simple life with her older sister as her roommate. She wonders if she would hav...
265 21 16
A love story in which the couples face a lot of separation as if it was not in their fate but destiny wants something else.The love story starts in...
2.4K 129 29
Love, jealousy,happy times, good times but then its life some decisions might hurt us now but are for our own good. When we fall for someone is it be...
838 110 34
She was the one that went through a serious glow-up before senior year of high school. He was one of the hottest boys in the rival school. Ella had...