The Real Me

By AwesomeFangirl23

A Naruto fanfiction. I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS. What if Naruto was a prodigy? A prodigy forced to act all... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
A/N
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
A/N
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
54
55
Images to enhance imagination
Some more images to enhance imagination.
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67

53

19.7K 733 793
By AwesomeFangirl23

[Six months later]
The sound of swift running made a rabbit's ears prick up, right before it jumped out of the way as two ninjas ran over where it was standing just then.

They jumped onto trees, their footsteps never faltering, as their black robes billowed against the wind.
The wind blew in their faces along with heavy rain, causing the ninja with blond hair to click his tongue in annoyance.

"Fucking rain." He sweared.
The guy behind him tried covering his face but to no avail, and started wailing.
"This is so bad! So bad! Why are we stuck here! What is happening?!!"

"Shut the hell up Tobi! Let me think!" The blond guy switched trees and Tobi  followed suit, just in time to dodge several shurikens infused with so much wind chakra that it sliced the branch from which Tobi had just escaped.

Seeing his close call, Tobi wailed again, "DEIDARA! DO SOMETHING!!"
Tobi sped up and now jumped along side Deidara.
"You have a plan right? Tell me you have a plan, because if you don't have a plan then even I don't have a plan and then we both will die and then Leader will KILL US!! DEIDARA!!!"Tobi rambled.

" SHUT THE FUCK UP OF COURSE I HAVE A PLAN!" Deidara roared.

He then proceeded to tell the plan to Tobi who's eye had begun watering, either because of the situation or because of Deidara's shouting.

"Listen, " Deidara begun in a low whisper, "We know this area right? So we know that there is a clearing over there ok? So we're gonna run from whatever that thing is and we'll head to the clearing. Then you know what to do right?"

Toni sniffed, "Run?" He asked innocently.

Deidara smacked his head, "NOT RUN AWAY!" he whisper shouted, "Towards the enemy. Lead him to me and then leave it to me." Deidara nodded confidently and whirled around.

There were several kunais heading their way and so Deidara blasted them away.

He turned and grabbed Tobi's collar and then released several small spiders at whatever that  was following them, and ran as fast as he could.

He reached the clearing just as several explosions shook the forest behind them. They stopped at some distance from where they came through, waiting for the enemy.

They made it a point to look around them as well considering the fact that the enemy could appear from anywhere. But to their surprise, it was from the centre of the smoke that their enemy appeared. They were so quick that Deidara had no time to process his entry, and was pushed aside by Tobi, who was stabbed straight in the chest.

Deidara stumbled back and stared for a second.
He noted the long yellow hair and the small size. Orange and black jacket, face yet hidden.

Ah who cares.

Deidara fired small clay bombs at the blond boy, who widened his eyes in surprise.
Blue. Deidara noted.
Deidara held back a laugh. Of course the kid was surprised. First his attack went right through Tobi and now Tobi's partner was aiming for him by aiming at his partner. How could someone do this right?

Hah. Stupid boy.
Deidara grinned as the bombs went right through Tobi and blasted in the kid's face.

"WAAAHHH HE STABBED ME HE STABBED ME!!" Tobi ran around wailing.
Deidara smirked, "Tobi you're fine. Good-"

He would've have said 'work' if the boy hadn't gotten up. Deidara narrowed his eyes and Tobi hid behind him, peeking at the blond kid.

The kid sat up, holding his face in one hand, while the other held a katana. The kid was bleeding quite a lot from his head and that was normal. What wasn't normal was the fact that he was still alive. Especially considering how every bomb blasted straight into his face. His blond hair was of shoulder length and hung in front if his face as well. Half if his head had turned red from the blood and his face was also covered in blood.

Despite that, the kid got up and smiled.

"Nice." He said, impressed.

And that ticked off Deidara. Who the fuck was this kid, trying to fight them, still on his feet and having the audacity to say "nice" to them.

"Nice? What do you mean nice? OF COURSE it was nice! It was magnificent! It was ART!!" Deidara yelled in rage.

Tobi nodded as fast as he could, agreeing with Deidara's every word, even though he didn't actually agree.

But still, even when faced with clearly two dangerous criminals, the boy laughed.

"So it's you..." he said casually, with a lazy grin.

He didn't notice the small white clay spider that had climbed towards his neck.

Deidara narrowed his eyes at him and snapped his fingers.

The kid blew up leaving behind no signs of his existence.

"Wow. That was fast." Tobi said clapping his hands together. "Deidara senpai is so awesome!!" He squealed.

Deidara smirked at the smoke and swiftly turned around to leave. Tobi followed after him. He had only taken a few steps and reached the centre, when some sort of barrier lifted up around them.

It was bright orange and covered the entire portion of the clearing.
Deidara whirled around, eyes glancing over at every corner and spots of the forest.
He forced his hand into his clay pouch and took out a big chunk of clay. Dividing it into two, he made one into a bird and the other into a big bomb. He let the bird fly up to find an opening from the top, while he threw the bomb at the barrier. The bomb exploded with a large explosion but it was futile. The barrier didn't budge.

"Is this an enemy attack? Was the boy a bait? Did he sacrifice himself? Deidara?" Tobi stuttered as he walked backwards towards Deidara.

"Tch. I have no fucking clue ok!" Deidara said, backing up as well. Both teammates now stood back to back and tried spotting their enemy.
Deidara looked up just as the clay bird exploded above them.
"Shit." He said.

"No escape?" Tobi said, a tear dropping down his mask.

"Not unless the enemy tries fighting us." Deidara said suddenly grinning.

With the rustle of bushes towards their right, their heads whipped in that direction. They saw a small movement from that direction and had almost seen its cause, when the barrier suddenly started coming closer.

Deidara and Tobi stood in shock as the barrier shortened to an area of around 1 metre around them, forming a neat square.

Out if thin air four blond kids like the one he had just killed appeared at each corner.

"What the fuck-" Deidara was taken aback and Tobi held him from behind.

"Where'd y'all come from?!!" He questioned.

The blond kids looked up at him with a weird ass grin.
"It's called genjutsu old man." One of them spoke.

"But- but you JUST DIED!!" Tobi yelled this time. At the same time Deidara yelled that he was NOT an old man.

The boys rolled their eyes and replied monotonously , "Dude. Ever heard of Clones??"

Deidara finally realised. And he glared at the boys.
"So I don't suppose the real one is among you?"

They shook their heads.

"I'm here." A voice came from behind them. Deidara and Tobi turned around. The blond was standing there smiling. But that wasn't what they found weird. He was bleeding from his head, and his clothes were torn.

"So it wasn't a clone?" Deidara asked pathetically. He thought he had figured out this kid's trick; that he had used clones before, but this blood was definitely real and he was the one Deidara had blown up, but then how come he didn't die??!

The blond kid sighed.
"I am so disappointed in you two." He said.

Deidara held back a curse.

"It was me before, and then you exploded those things right in my face and so I was compelled to switch my position with a clone and it took my place. A good move considering that trick you pulled off right?" He smiled and tilted his head towards the side.

Deidara held his chin in his hand, imagining what he had said.
"I don't get it, but it makes sense."Tobi said, nodding like a sage.

Deidara looked up at the kid and finally noticed the Konoha headband. It had a horizontal slash
along the leaf symbol, displaying his status as a rogue ninja.

"The fuck did you do to get kicked outta your village?" Deidara questioned.

Naruto looked surprised for a second but then exclaimed silently and touched his forehead protector.

"Not much." He said.

Deidara raised an eyebrow, making the kid sigh.

"Fine I'll tell ya. I saved this guy...." the blond kid trailed off.
"And?" Deidara snapped.
"Whaddya mean 'and'?? That's it!! That's all I did!" The kid spread out his hands defiantly.

Deidara was surprised. "The fuck kinda reason is that?"

"Konoha is a tough place to live in...." Tobi nodded sagely, still holding his chin in his hand.

Deidara had had enough of this kid and his bullshit.
"What do you want? If you're a rogue ninja then you shouldn't be interested in causing trouble for yourself. If you had any allies, they would have been here by now. And if you were a spy, you wouldn't have taken such risks or told me all that shit."

The blond kid nodded, as if pleased by his observation.
"Wow. Nice. So you do have some brains."

He knew he was ticking off Deidara and yet he continued.

Deidara knew he wanted a reaction out of him and that was why he was provoking him. So to deny the kid that pleasure Deidara didn't respond.

The blond kid shrugged, "Let me join you."

Tobi and Deidara's neck whipped up. They didn't know whether to laugh or what.

"What?"the kid spoke innocently, "Did you not understand? Are you dumb after all? Fine I'll repeat. Let me join the Akatsuki."

Deidara's eyes flashed with anger.
"What makes you think we're in some group??" He snapped.

The kid laughed. "Oh. I dunno? Those flashy robes??"

Tobi spoke up this time, "What if we both are just a couple and like this robe-"
Deidara smacked Tobi's face, injuring his hand on the mask. But he whipped towards the kid again.

"Who told you?"

"No one."

"Where'd you hear the name?"

"No where."

"THEN HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

"So basically, I was right. I mean, I am right."
The kid smirked.

Deidara walked towards the barrier wall and slammed his fist on it. Not a crack.
Of course.
"Hey old man! Take it easy yo." That annoying clone of this kid's spoke up.

Deidara stood there, and thought. He thought for quite some time.

This kid is good. But that's just because we weren't prepared. No. That's not an excuse I can make. If I brought him to the group, he might be a great asset. And if he tries anything they can get rid if him. Especially that other guy from Konoha....

"Fine."  Deidara declared.
"What?" Tobi interjected.
"I said fine. Maybe he can be useful. If not then...."Deidara trailed off hoping the kid would get what he meant.

"Ah really? You're sooooo nice Deidara Senpai!" The blond squealed just like Tobi. Deidara stared at him as if he'd grown wings. Tobi's jaw dropped(of course, they couldn't see it)
The kid pouted, and placed his hands on his hips. "What. I thought you were into this kinda stuff."

Deidara shook his head as if he couldn't believe this was the kid who defeated him. But then he looked back at Tobi and thought better.

"Then let's go." The kid said.

"Yeah. Sure. Lemme just step over this goddamn barrier no?" Deidara scowled.

The kid squinted his eyes at Tobi, "Well, I dunno bout you Deidara, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Mask could've done that."

Deidara raised his eyebrows and then turned to Tobi, "Could you?" He asked.

Tobi started sweating, "Uh...I- I dunno! Tobi doesn't know!"

Deidara shook his head in defeat, knowing that if Tobi didn't want to tell him something, then he wouldn't. No matter what.

Eventually, the blond lowered the barrier and the clones vanished. That cheeky one left only after calling Deidara 'Old man' once more.

They began their journey to-
"Hey where do you guys live? Like, Where's your hideout?" The kid asked.

Deidara sighed, "I. Don't. Fucking. Know. Ok?! We need to wait till the leader contacts us!! "
Deidara was so done.
First Tobi and now this brat.

"So basically I'll be travelling with you for a while huh?" The kid asked, and Tobi nodded.

Deidara suddenly realised that this kid hadn't introduced himself. And there was still blood on his head, though it had dried by now and he didn't seem to be bothered by it. So he asked, "Say kid, What's your name?"

The blond turned to him and grinned. He placed both his hands behind his bloody head and spoke, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki."
_______________________________________
A/N:

Hey y'all.
Y'all lucky.
I'm so jealous.
An update ~
Aren't I awesome?
You're welcome kids.
Plus, Deidara swears. Like a lot. Nice.
Also,
Ask me a question!
Ask me any question!
I'll answer for sure👌🏽
We're finally at the Akatsuki part istg😭 i would like to thank all of you who read 52 chapters of random shit for this day💦💦
*sniffs* *sad tears of happiness *

Vote, comment, share and follow

Yours Truly,
23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 20 19
(NaruSaku & possible other ships) When an old friend returns from a supposed death. To be faced with an unbelievable betrayal. When the friend that o...
519K 7.5K 37
WARNING!!!! I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS IN LIKE 5TH GRADE AND THE WRITING IS REALLY BAD AND THE STORYLINE DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! I tried editing it, but t...
361K 11.4K 48
Who decides worth in this world? ... No one does. Next Update : Who knows (Akatsuki Naruto fanfiction) Naruto had always been left out in Konoha. Th...
37.4K 944 64
Naruto leaves Konoha to go to Taki. What will happen? Who will he meet? Announcements about new chapters as well as polls and questions will be on m...