Rising Phoenix (Akatsuki no Y...

By Celestial_Planet

"The ღøяε you don't ɯɑɳʈ them to k̸n̸o̸w̸ ƨσмɛтнιиɢ, the ღøяε you հαѵε to sᴍɪʟᴇ to h̸i̸d̸e̸ ιт." Those were t... More

Information of This Book! (Must Read)
Playlist
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1: Everything Stays...
Jae-ha's Birthday One-Shot!
Chapter 2: Unknown Meetings...?
Chapter 3: Trust that Gained...?
Chapter 4: Trust that Gained and Bond that Formed
Chapter 5: Promises that Will Be Stored
Chapter 7: Will you вɛℓιɛѵɛ/ᴛʀᴜsᴛ me?
Chapter 8: Trust that Turned to Dust...
Chapter 9: The Aftermath...
Chapter 10: Where it All Started
Chapter 11: Beaten with the Truth
A/N - Break Time
Chapter 12: A Leap of Faith

Chapter 6: New Love?!

372 16 2
By Celestial_Planet

~•~15 year old (Y/N) - In Hiryuu Castle~•~
3rd POV
When years passed, (Y/N) started to really open up. She started talking more, expressing more, and she didn't have her expressionless face anymore, it was nowhere to be seen. She changed because of Yona, Hak, and Soo-won. She wanted to protect them and change her personality into her old one but with more changes. (Y/N) is now very friendly with people and she isn't that much afraid of the danger around her.

She also changed into a person that teases others because of the influence of Hak, sometimes even snarky remarks could be heard from the girl. She learned to be an apologetic but a grateful person at her years with Yona. She changed because of them, her family. If it weren't for them, she'd still be a broken doll with a broken heart, without anyone with her.

(Y/N) is currently with Mun-deok outside. Since Hak didn't want to represent for the Wind Tribe, (Y/N) volunteered to do it. They were both walking to where Hak was lazing around, with Mun-deok calling out to him.

"Hak!"

"Hmm?"

"Useless brat. The five tribes had a meeting today, I wanted you there to help represent the Wind Tribe. Luckily (Y/N) volunteered to do so in your place." Mun-deok said angrily while (Y/N) was smiling brightly and nodding at what her non-biological grandfather said at the last part.

"I also made sure that they know how you can be a great tribe leader and that you'll help Hiryuu Castle." (Y/N) said happily, knowing that she can help someone important to her.

"But... I didn't liked them..." (Y/N) said in a low angry and disappointed voice.

•••

(Y/N) walked inside the meeting room happily without saying anything, when she did, everyone looked at her. She gave them all a smile as she wasn't fazed by their intense/questioning gaze at her. She was going to formally introduce herself to the tribe leaders, but she wasn't able to when someone had spoken up.

"Why are you here? No one is allowed to go inside the meeting except for tribe leaders. Why is that, woman?" The Fire Tribe Leader said (I already know his name, but kept it a secret in this chapter since down there, a certain young lord didn't mention his name; so I also didn't mention his name for fun.)

"I'm sorry but-" (Y/N) spoke but was cut off by him.

"Who said you could speak? Show some respect!" The Fire Tribe Leader said in irritation, while he also enjoyed his harsh words at the woman that he thought was nothing but a servant.

"I just wanted to say that-" (Y/N) was cut off again, but with someone else.

"Just make her leave, I'm having a headache with your nonsense." Joon-ji the water tribe leader said as he rubbed his temples with his fingers.

"You're having a headache?! What do you think I'm feeling about this?!" The fire tribe leader said as he raised his voice at the calm male. (Y/N) once more tried to speak up but was interrupted by an opening door.

"I'm sorry that I'm late, I had an important conversation with my daughter." King Il said as he looked at the meeting room; Earth Tribe Leader, General Geun-tae was behind the King with an amused expression to see the scene in front of him.

The two saw a calm but irritated Joon-ji and a bickering Fire Tribe Leader, and a smiling brightly and bowing familiar (H/C) haired female.

"King Il." (Y/N) said as she stopped bowing and smiled brightly at the king.

"Oh (Y/N), have I missed anything?" King Il asked happily and with confusion.

"No King Il, but you did miss a misunderstanding." The female said as she glanced at the shocked faces of the leaders, even the calm leader was a bit shocked.

"My king, do you know this person?" Joon-ji asked the happy king.

"You don't know? This person is the representative of the Wind Tribe, and the second grandchild of Son Mun-deok." The king said as their faces were even more surprised, this made (Y/N) smirk at their dumbfounded faces.

"Why didn't you said so woman?" The fire tribe leader said as he went back to his seat, causing an irk mark to appear on the said person.

But before (Y/N) could even protest, she was interrupted by the signal of the meeting starting.

•••

"They were not the nicest people I've met..." (Y/N) said before a dry laugh escaped her lips.

This caused confused looks on the two males which they just ignored and focus at the topic at hand.

"You're chief of the Wind Tribe and one of the five generals, Lord Mun-deok. You can just take (Y/N) for all I care. You and (Y/N) are all the representation we need." The young male said irritatedly.

"Besides, King Il's too bubbly. I can't stand talking to him."

"You idiot! What's this Lord Mun-deok nonsense? Call me Gramps!"

"That's what you have a problem with?! We're not even blood related!"

"Blood means nothing compared to the power of love!" Mun-deok said while trying to hit Hak, meanwhile (Y/N) was just sweat dropping as she was watching their nonsense unfold for the sixth time this day.

"Now, now. If Mun-deok and his male heir start fighting... It could leave Hiryuu Palace in ruins." King Il said as he was staring at the three.

"Your majesty... King Il!" Mun-deok said as he bowed on the floor with (Y/N) bowing while she was standing, and Hak that was sweat dropping at knowing that he was heard by him calling the king bubbly.

"There's no need to bow. It's been a while since you two last visited the palace, hasn't it? I'm quite sad about that."

"A commoner like me shouldn't wander in too freely."

"Yona gets lonely when you two aren't here."

"You bubbly little liar." Hak said while smiling to hide his growing annoyance.

'Bubbly?' The king thought as Mun-deok and (Y/N) were silently flabbergasted at what the young male said, but the Chief of the Wind Tribe cut the silence.

"How dare you speak like that to your king?!" Mun-deok said as he smacked Hak with a fan (Idk either-).

"Insolent fool! You are no longer my grandson!"

"We weren't related anyway!" Hak said irritatedly as he was on the floor.

"You must not be violent Mun-deok." King Il said concerned for Hak.

"I deeply apologize for my grandfather's treatment to him in front of you, and if Hak offended you in anyway." (Y/N) said as she was bowing her head at the King.

"Lift your head (Y/N), it's fine. I appreciate that Hak speaks his mind, and your kindness to others." King Il said as he offered a steamed bun to the female.

"Thank you." (Y/N) said with a smile as the King with his own and nodded in reply before also giving one to Hak.

"What would you think of staying here as Yona's guard?" King Il asked the male.

"Dealing with the nobility exhausts me. If I moved to the palace and become a general, I can't relax at home and relax when I want." Hak said seriously while smiling and making his anger not noticeable.

"Hak..." (Y/N) said as she frowned at the older male.

"You dislike weaponry, right your majesty? You should find those few people who can protect others without weapons." Hak said as he turned around and walked away but stopped when a certain question was asked.

"How about you (Y/N)?" King Il asked the (H/C) haired female.

"It would really be an honor accepting your request and protecting my beloved friend Yona, but... I won't accept this generous request if Hak isn't going too. We are working partners after all." (Y/N) said as she turned to happy and grateful to a serious expression and voice, making Hak return to walking away when he heard her answer.

"I deeply apologize my King, please excuse me." (Y/N) said as she followed the male while King Il was calling out to both of them.

(Y/N) continued to trying to catch up with Hak until she reached his back, she stopped when Hak halted his tracks and asked a question.

"Why did you refuse?" Hak said as he turned to face (Y/N).

"Just like what I said. We are partners, so if you aren't going then I will not." (Y/N) said happily while smiling at him.

"The real reason." Hak said seriously, not believing what she's saying.

(Y/N) sighed and turned her expression and voice into a soft one.

"I really did mean it when I said it's because of you. I also meant what I said about his request and Yona, but knowing that I'm going to live in the castle, protecting Yona by myself, and especially if you're not there with me—I can't accept the request." (Y/N) said as she then smiled brightly.

"Because you are-" (Y/N) spoke but was cut off by a certain crimson haired princess.

"(Y/N)! Hak!" Yona said as she hid behind the (H/C) haired female.

"Hide me!" The princess said as she kept silent when she was staring at something, or someone.

"Princess Yona!" The two turned to where Yona was looking and at the source of the voice.

"Your highness where are you?" The young Lord said.

'That's the son of the Fire Tribe's chief.' The two thought as the silence was broken by the dark haired male.

"If you're going to pull a prank on someone, you should be sneakier about it, Princess Yona." Hak said, clearly annoyed at what's happening.

"It's not like that!" Yona said, trying to convince them both.

"Let her speak first Hak, she might have a good reason." (Y/N) said as she was scolding Hak like a mother would do to her child.

"I do have a good reason!"

"He's making advances towards you?!" The both said in unison.

Hak was sitting on the floor while he was laughing at the information he just got from the Princess.

"It's true!" Yona said as she was staring at Hak

But Hak's laughter turned to nervous laughing when they both felt a dark and scary aura emanating from (Y/N).

"He is making advances towards you... he's making advances towards Yona..." (Y/N) said as she was glaring at the floor while the other two were moving a little bit away from the scary female.

"H-he's just making advances, he's n-not doing anything h-horrible to me!" Yona said reassuringly as she was getting more worried.

"So... he does horrible things to other people?" (Y/N) said seriously while raising her head with a deadly glare.

If looks could kill the glare that she would give to Yona's pursuer would be dead instantly.

"(Y-Y/N)! I remembered that i-it's okay! I have you and Hak. And I also have Soo-won..." Yona said the last part while blushing, this made (Y/N) stop glaring and smile at the princess. A smile that had an unknown sadness in them.

"In that case, I guess you'll just need to make peace with Lord Kang Tae-joon. Sometimes you have to listen to other people." Hak said seriously while standing up.

"Hak! We should help the Princess since she's our friend!" (Y/N) said pleadingly with a bit of shock at his words.

"And it's her problem to deal with, and for her not to bother with other people. Especially if that person doesn't want to deal with her problems." Hak said with an annoyed tone as he stared at (Y/N).

"What? And If I say that, he'll find out!" Yona said in disbelief at what the older male said.

"That's not my problem."

"Stop being so annoyed with me! You're so cold Hak... Soo-won would never say anything like that!" Yona said as she was frowning.

Hak looked at (Y/N) for her response, but she looked away when their eyes met. Hak started walking away but was stopped by a gentle voice.

"Hak..." (Y/N) said as she stopped Hak.

"She's quite right about that." (Y/N) said in a low tone while looking at him as she tried to touch his back.

"If that's how you feel... then you go ask him when you want someone's help!" Hak shouted with a glare as he turned his head st (Y/N) that made her stop her hand from touching him.

"Okay... if that's what you want... I'll leave you be if you don't want me around you!" (Y/N) said as she tried to hide her sadness by doing an eye closed smile reassuringly.

Hak was still serious and irritated, but in his eyes, he was really sad and regretful for (Y/N) at what he told her. He then noticed the tears that were on the corner of her eyes, when he saw this, he felt even more guilty about what he said. But he just turned away and kept walking since he didn't knew what to do or say. (Y/N) was still looking at Hak's direction with an unreadable expression, facing her back on Yona. When he was out of sight, Yona spoke up.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Yona said out of concern and sadness.

(Y/N) faced her female friend while wiping her tears with the sleeves from her (F/C) kimono that fell on her fair cheeks and smiled reassuringly at her. (The picture at the top is what you're wearing today.)

"I'm okay. Don't worry about someone like me." She said as she smiled, she then frowned when she saw Yona's sad face.

"Don't worry, lets just focus on the important matter, helping you out!" (Y/N) said with glee and was able to make Yona cheer up by her contagious determination.

"But since I'm doing something important, you'll just have to hide from him, no matter what." (Y/N) said with emphasis on the last part.

"Hmm! I'll do my best!" Yona said in which made (Y/N) smile and give her a thumbs up.

"Great! Then I can leave you to yourself without worrying too much." (Y/N) said as she turned around and walked away, preventing herself from being scolded for her over protectiveness to and from the crimson haired princess.

'I forgive you, even if you don't say it or ask me to, I do forgive you even if you don't want me by your side. The only thing that I want is your's and everyone else's happiness, even if I lose mine by doing so.' (Y/N) thought as she was walking away, a sad smile forming on her face as to what she was thinking.

As Hak was conversing with Lord Mun-deok, a certain princess knocked at the door. "Yona-hime! What brings you here?" Hak asked out of confusion as she placed fruits in front of him.

"I'm sorry about earlier. You must've been mad at how I was making you help me. I'm the princess of Kouka, and I have my honour. I've got to stop whining and do something about it. And if you're wandering about (Y/N), she's very sorry at what she said to you, she also forgives you about what you said to us. I know this even if she didn't said it herself. I also know that she's important to you Hak; she's important to me and Soo-won too." Yona said as she turned around.

"Bye." Yona said making Hak turn dumbfounded at what just happened, but immediately processed what's happening.

"Wait...!" Hak said, trying to protest at the crimson haired female.

"Those are for you. It's a peace offering from me but for both (Y/N) and me." Yona pointed out (Get it, cause she pointed at the fruits in the anime. Right? No? I'm just going to leave.) and left without saying anything more.

Hak stared at the fruits while he was in deep thought, picking up an apple that was mixed in with the other fruits.

'Do I really deserve your forgiveness? I made you cry... I can never forgive myself for doing that to you when you've been in enough hardships. But... I'll still be by your side, no matter what...' Hak thought as he placed the apple on his lips.

(Y/N) was just doing business concerning with the five tribes, she was now walking down the empty corridors of the castle before she heard two familiar voices.

"Let go of me!" Yona said as (Y/N) heard the familiar voice and immediately went to its direction, when she got there, she saw a rare sight.

She saw the princess resisting a man's invitation towards something that looked scandalous. This scene made (Y/N) clench her fist tightly in anger, but she hid her angry face and replaced it with her signature smile and went to Yona. She placed her arm in front of Yona protectively to move the Princess behind her.

"I'm sorry if Yona-hime is troubling you, but the King himself told me to find the Princess. King-Il wants to discuss some important matters with his daughter." (Y/N) said with a smile as she lied through her teeth.

It wasn't normal for the (H/C)ette to lie, it's something that she didn't want to do and would always avoid it because she knew that lying to others means deceiving them for her own gain, which never wanted to do to other people. But because of the anger slowly rising in her, her mind was starting to get a bit clouded, making her morals something she wouldn't care less about.

Yona knew her best friend so much that she could tell that she was lying by how she phrased her words. In Yona's understanding, (Y/N) was warning the annoying male that she was bothering the Princess. That she someone to be taken seriously since she was personally requsted by the King.

"If you want something from her, you should speak to me first." (Y/N) said as she smiled brightly to keep up her innocent act, but it could be seen as a facade if the captivated man would see the warning glint in her eyes as a threat and not as a hidden 'feisty' side to her 'kind' personality.

"Who are you?" The young lord asked with confusion and mostly admiration.

"I'm Yona-hime's bodyguard, (L/N) (Y/N)." (Y/N) said as she smiled and bowed at the male while she was completely oblivious to his blush from her urge to lash out verbally or even physically at him from what he could do to the Princess.

"(Y/N)..." Yona spoke in concern to what the young Prince would do.

Kang Tae-jun stopped blushing as he composed himself, a smirk appearing on his face when an idea came to mind.

"Then I want to speak to you about something important." Kang Tae-jun said while smirking proudly at himself.

"Then I apologize, but I really must take the Princess to King-Il now. We can talk after I escort her." (Y/N) said as she smiled and looked at the smirking male with a slight glare to add to her warning, but Tae-jun was just acknowledging it as playing hard to get. (*Take A Hint starts to play in the background*)

Before she could react, Kang Tae-jun grabbed her wrist and pulled her to his chest.

"I want to talk to you, alone."

Tae-jun's actions made (Y/N) wide eyed at the unnecessary closeness she was with him, the anger in her immediately increased at what he dared to do and suggest to her. She was about to kick his scrotum to make him take the hint that she wanted to end his life and not be in his life. But (un)fortunately, someone stopped this from happening when they saw the situation was about to get out of hand (mostly from (Y/N)'s side).

"I think that's quite enough... Lord Kang Tae-jun." Hak said as he appeared next to (Y/N)'s side while holding her back protectively as he grabbed her left arm out of Tae-jun's hold and removed her towards himself and away from Kang Tae-jun's hold.

"Hak-" (Y/N) questioned but was cut off by a certain angry Kang Tae-jun.

"W-Who are you? The insolence! Don't touch lady (Y/N) so freely!" Kang Tae-jun said, clearly annoyed.

"Same to you, who said you could touch my lady?" Hak said at the other male while the rest were left dumbfounded at what he said.

"Y-You have no right to speak of her that way brat!" Kang Tae-jun said out of anger and frustration.

"Oh, don't I? When we were little, she and I vowed to spend our lives together. Right (Y/N)?" Hak said seriously, trying to convince the other male.

"H-huh? W-what?" (Y/N) asked with confusion evident in her face.

But she was now a blushing mess when Hak tried to kiss her, in which she stopped him by placing a finger to his lips.

"What's wrong (Y/N)? There's no need to be shy." Hak said annoyed that she wasn't following his lead.

"Ha ha ha, n-not where other people can see!" She said while blushing furiously.

"E-er, lady (Y/N)? Do you, uh, have feelings for him?" He asked both of them in which made (Y/N) blink owlishly, but instantly keeping her cool to convince him and to just get the situation done with.

She hugged Hak in a bear hug while her embarrassed blush weakened to which it was faint.

"Well...Yes. To be honest...I love him dearly!" (Y/N) said seriously but with a smile as she hug him more tightly.

This action made Hak hide his face and turned the other way as he kept quiet.

"I...can't accept that! Even if that's true, I can't stand for her to be sharing a future to the likes of you. I am Kang Tae-jun, second son of Kang—chief of the Fire Tribe!" He said as he then pointed his finger at Hak accusingly.

"And who might you be?" Kang Tae-jun said with annoyance and anger laced in his voice.

"I'm Son Hak, the next general of the Wind Tribe. The king has personally chosen me and (Y/N) to serve as Yona-hime's bodyguards. Got a problem with that?" Hak said seriously in which made the chief's son growl at him.

"If that's the case, then I demand... That you prove your worth!" Kang Tae-jun said as he un-sheathed his sword halfway in which made Hak and (Y/N) alerted, they stood their ground but was cut off by a certain King's hand that gripped the blade.

"Your majesty?!" Kang Tae-jun exclaimed out of shock and embarrassment.

"You mustn't do that." King Il stated with a serious face that was rare for him.

"F-forgive me..." Kang Tae-jun said in embarrassment and in a concerned voice.

"It's alright." King Il said before the chief's son walked away from the group.

"I didn't realize the two of you had that sort of relationship." King Il said happily.

"I knew you two were close, but I didn't knew you were that close because you were lovers." Yona said as she smiled happily, the Primcess being confused as to why she felt a bit saddened by the news.

"I-it's not what you think! Right?" (Y/N) said while she became embarrassed as she turned to face Hak.

"Well, since you spoke up, he probably won't come around anymore. Ugh, what a pain." Hak said annoyed as he placed his arm on his hip in which made (Y/N) stop blushing and form an irk mark on her head.

"Stop talking Hak." (Y/N) said angrily with a small pout afterward in which made Hak smile faintly without anyone noticing.

"Hak, (Y/N)... Have you come around on being Yona's guard? I knew I could count on you two." King Il said happily.

"My services don't come cheap." Hak said seriously.

"Hak!" The (H/C) haired female whisper-shouted at Hak as she bowed at King Il in what Hak said.

This made King Il nod and told (Y/N) to stop bowing for the third time this day.

"I'm entrusting my daughter on to both of you." King Il said seriously in which made (Y/N) and Hak kneel at their King.

The King smiled and led Yona to the other direction. The blood on King Il's hands were visible in which made Hak respect him more, while it made (Y/N) frown and went to King Il to ask permission to meet him with her privately. This made Hak smile at her kindness but frown at the memory of making her cry.

It was afternoon at the Hiryuu Castle; (Y/N) was just making her way to the outside gates to prepare to move in the palace. As she was walking to the gates, she saw Hak leaning on it while having a serious face on.

"You ready to go?" Hak asked the girl while raising an eyebrow, this made (Y/N) smile brightly and nod at the male.

She went to his side as they were about to walk outside, but before they could, Hak grabbed (Y/N)'s shoulder and made her face him. This made (Y/N) surprised at his action, but before she could react, Hak spoke up.

"(Y/N) listen, I'm well aware that what I did was stupid of me. So I wanted to tell you that I'm so-" Hak said seriously but was cut off by (Y/N) hugging him.

"I know, I know. I should've asked if you wanted to help, not just force you to do it. I'm the one that has to say sorry, if it wasn't for me being pushy, you wouldn't be worrying this much for me..." (Y/N) said as she started getting guilty because she knew she made Hak worry for her, this caused her to bury her ashamed face on his chest while hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry... But, even if you wanted me to stay away, I'll do it... if it makes you happy..." (Y/N) said as she let go of the hug and smiled sadly at Hak.

When Hak saw (Y/N)'s sad smile, he frowned and slowly shook his head.

"That is never going to happen. But if you also wanted me to stay away, remember that I'll still be by your side, always." Hak said as he smiled faintly.

"Let's go, we have a lot of packing to do when we head back." Hak said as (Y/N) smiled and nodded in response.

But as they were barely outside the gates, (Y/N) quickly gave Hak another tight hug and smiled at the male and said thank you. Before Hak could react, (Y/N) walked past him slowly but in the lead, making her way to their now previous house. As she walked away, Hak was surprised and realized what she did. He smiled as he started walking behind the female, looking at her as the sunlight of dawn was shining on her fair skin and (H/L) flowing (H/C) hair, he was staring at her back in deep thought.

'She really did change...' Hak thought before he went to the female's side as he teased her about her small figure, in which an irk mark formed on the female's head as she made excuses to cover up his tease. After their long minutes of bickering, the two walked to their tribe in a comfortable conversation while smiling faintly ahead. But there was one thought that turned into a promise that the tall male beside (Y/N) made on that day.

'I will always be by your side, no matter what...'

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Published:
6/5/20

I apologize for being a day late, I forgot about updating since I've been out of Wattpad to just binge watch Animes and also stress eat A LOT of the food in our kitchen.

Edit (9/1/18): I saw while checking this today that I accidentally wrote the fire tribe leaders name, so I removed it so that the future readers wouldn't know if they didn't already for fun. And if you don't know, I'm sorry for wasting your valuable time on searching his name.

And yes, for the new starlights; I've started this Book in 2018 and also stopped updating it in 2018. If you read the FIRST chapter then you'll know why I stopped.

And also yes, I made the 'scrotum' part a reference of what Iida said in Boku no Hero Academia. I don't regret anything—

Please give me feedback by voting or commenting, it helps me sleep at night— I mean it helps me know what you think of the chapters and it lets me know if you're enjoying it. Here's an icecream if you've already done that: 🍦

Remember to stay safe (especially in these times), sleep well, and keep shining my lovely starlights!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 10.2K 200
Shin-ah x OC "I told you once, a long time ago, that you would have to choose which lives to save." Steel eyes flashed in the moonlight. "You choose...
47.9K 1.7K 62
Aria, Hak and Yoon continue their journey across the world, now with the company of the four dragon warriors. But with more comrades comes more probl...
701K 25.3K 101
[REINCARNATION] A sudden change happens in the body of this infamous, but young beautiful sadist who no longer contains its core- the sadistic soul. ...
56 7 8
Habromania (N.) the delusion of happiness ~~~~~~~~~~~ A story of a girl who fell and woke up somewhere unfamiliar, somewhere that she has only seen...