Rising Phoenix (Akatsuki no Y...

By Celestial_Planet

"The ღøяε you don't ɯɑɳʈ them to k̸n̸o̸w̸ ƨσмɛтнιиɢ, the ღøяε you հαѵε to sᴍɪʟᴇ to h̸i̸d̸e̸ ιт." Those were t... More

Information of This Book! (Must Read)
Playlist
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1: Everything Stays...
Jae-ha's Birthday One-Shot!
Chapter 2: Unknown Meetings...?
Chapter 4: Trust that Gained and Bond that Formed
Chapter 5: Promises that Will Be Stored
Chapter 6: New Love?!
Chapter 7: Will you вɛℓιɛѵɛ/ᴛʀᴜsᴛ me?
Chapter 8: Trust that Turned to Dust...
Chapter 9: The Aftermath...
Chapter 10: Where it All Started
Chapter 11: Beaten with the Truth
A/N - Break Time
Chapter 12: A Leap of Faith

Chapter 3: Trust that Gained...?

371 15 6
By Celestial_Planet

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up and sat up on my bed as my dream ended, my forehead was dripping in cold sweat with my tears falling down my face. The first thought in my head was to take out my necklace, but I noticed that it was already out of my pajamas. I was so confused, I'm pretty sure that I tucked it in my floral (F/C) kimono like I always do. I clutched my phoenix pendant as I gave a long sigh. It's as if my pendant floated in front of my face and landed on my chest, just like in my dream... I removed my hold on the pendant of my necklace as I hid it in my dress, took my gloves that was on my drawer and wore them. I quickly went outside of my room to prepare breakfast in case Gramps and Hak were still asleep.

As we were all done eating our meals, I placed our empty plates in the kitchen sink and went to Gramps. "Can I start practicing now? Since you said we can start at any time this week." I questioned blankly but with excitement that was visible by my hands tugging lightly on my hair.

"Are you sure you want to learn how to fight? Just because you're a kid and a girl, doesn't mean I'll go easy with the practices. I want to know that you will take this seriously, and when you learn that you'll use your skills for good reasons." Gramps stated while looking straight in my eyes. He was giving an intimidating look, but to me, it was just out of care.

"I will take this seriously, I already planned to at the beginning. I don't want you to train me because of those reasons or other stuff in particular. I will always use the skills and practices you will teach me now for reasons that will prove good and needed to you and by others, I also promise you that I will practice fighting and defending myself." I said seriously and with confidence.

I didn't flinch nor move from Gramps intense gaze on me the entire time. When I finished talking, Gramps removed his intense gaze and smiled at me.

"Then we will start now." Gramps said as he was now ruffling my hair.

"Thank you." I only nodded and bowed to Gramps in gratitude.

Gramps nodded back and went outside to probably set what we needed for my training. I noticed that there was still a gaze looking at me. I turned my head to see Hak staring at me seriously before he finally spoke up.

"So you promised Gramps to train you with fighting huh? If you're still going to do it, just know that he was serious about not going easy on you." Hak stated, which seemed like he was trying to make me reconsider my decision.

"If you listened to the whole conversation, I intend to keep my promise and train, no matter how much you try to scare me away and how hardworking it is to do. Just know that I've dealt with hard, so it's not new to me." I stated blankly to him.

"Then you should probably change if you already knew that it was going to be hard. It's going to be a lot of exhaustion, work, sweat, practice, and especially pain." Hak gave me a smirk as he pointed out, still trying to make me back down.

I only nodded and went to my room to change into suitable clothes for practicing and fighting.

Me and Hak just arrived in the woods moments ago, Gramps was now starting our training. He gave me a dagger with a hole as the holding place and said to hit it straight into the tree to see where I'll start off. I held the weapon and placed it on my right hand, I balanced my strength on my arm while focusing at the target and aimed straight at the tree. It pierced closely where Gramps told me to aim. I looked at Gramps who had a proud expression and Hak who just had an amused smirk.

"...I can see that you have great strength, precision, and focus. You almost have all the things you need to know how to fight with a weapon." Gramps said as he was holding a sword that looks shiny and expensive with flames as its design. (The picture on the top is your weapon. Just imagine that it's steel and just painted it to look like it's gold and shiz-) I glanced at Hak to see him confused and shocked, I could tell that he's thinking the same question as me.

"Gramps... where did you get that weapon?" I asked blankly with awe in my eyes while looking at the weapon in Gramps hands.

"It's the weapon in your weaponry box. It belongs to you, so I thought that it would be the right choice to give you your weapon. You can still choose a different weapon, there are many more different kinds of swords and weapons that also belonged to you." Gramps said looking at me, waiting for my answer.

"I don't mind using that one, I feel like that isn't the right weapon for me but I'll still use it. Besides, I can always practice how to fight with different weapons." I said while stating my answer and the obvious.

I could see that Hak was even more confused about me having a weaponry box, but he chose to ignore it instead of asking.

"But I am just giving this to you now, we will still be doing the beginner training. I am just showing you the weapon that you will be trying so you can practice with it."

"Oh, so this is just going to motivate me? Well, it is definitely working since it looks so beautiful..." I said as I shuffled my feet in giddiness, making Gramps laugh at my reaction while Hak just gave me another smirk.

3rd Person
(Y/N) has been training with Mun-deok and Hak for a week and a half, they have been doing this straight since they first started. She was starting to open up more and more, but she still had her inexpressive face with her. She started talking more a bit and was being helpful with doing the chores and cooking in the house.

She was starting to feel everything Hak had told her on her second night of living with them, she knew that this was going to be harder than she thought, but she knew that there would be nothing more tiring and hardworking than what she experienced before and she was determined to do the training even better for every day that passes. They were now eating dinner that (Y/N) made while discussing, Hak remembered something important that will happen tomorrow and asked the aged general.

"Will we be going to the castle tomorrow?" He asked curiously and irritatedly but with slight happiness laced in his voice that he wasn't showing to them.

"Yes, we will be going to the castle with (Y/N), because I have something important to discuss with the King personally. You and (Y/N) will be staying at the castle with your friends and introducing her to them." Mun-deok stated with a mother attitude on the last part.

"Why me? Can't she just introduce herself?" Hak said clearly annoyed while pointing his hand at the said girl's direction.

"She can but you know why I'm telling you this." Mun-deok said seriously hinting the girl's openness towards other people and her lack of talking to people that aren't them.

"But she did fine with Tae-woo and Han Dae when she first met them!"

"That was because she punched Tae-woo on the face when he tried to attack you!"

"It was only natural of me to apologize you know..."

"Well she was still able to introduce herself to Han Dae!"

"That was also because she apologized for burning his clothes while he tried to prank her when she was cooking outside!"

"...He accidentally jumped on the boiling pot when he tried to scare me..."

Hak didn't want to argue anymore when he saw that (Y/N) was clearly uncomfortable remembering the times she was in those situations. He gave out a long sigh and answered his Grandfather's request.

"Fine. But I'm not doing this because I care." Hak replied with an annoyed 'tsk'.

(Y/N) was happy and relieved to know that Hak would be with her to meet his friends, but she was still confused as she was thinking who were the friends of Hak that her nonbiological grandfather said. She was getting tired hearing their bickering over what to do and not to do with her, she faked a cough and asked the question that was lingering in her mind when they were bickering.

"Who are Hak's friends?"

They both looked at her in shock that they haven't told her about Yona and Soo-won. Mun-deok was getting ready to tell to the (H/C) haired female who they were.

"Hak's friends are the princess and the princess's cousin of the Hiryuu Castle, Yona and Soo-won. You are going to go with Hak to the castle everytime he goes there, you can be friends with Yona and Soo-won and play on the castle grounds, isn't that great?" Mun-deok asked (Y/N) with a small smile on his face.

"It's great but, I would rather stay here and train than go there and play. But since Hak is going to go there, I'm going too." The female stated blankly.

"What? Do you think I can't go alone without someone watching?" Hak stated, being annoyed at what he heard.

"I didn't say anything like that."

"So what is it then?" Hak said still annoyed with what she told them.

"I'm going there because I want to be with you, I'm not saying that I don't trust you or you need to be watched, I just want to be with you, that's all..." (Y/N) said with a her blank face, but she had a rare sad tone to her voice.

Hak was surprised at what (Y/N) said, Mun-deok was just listening to their conversation and was also surprised by what the (L/N) said. Hak looked at (Y/N) with shock and with unnoticeable sorrow with what she actually meant.

"I'm sorry..." It was (Y/N)'s turn to be surprised, she didn't expected him to say sorry to her.

She then understood his misunderstanding and was embarrassed with what she said before.

"It's alright, if I were you I'd misunderstand too. I know how it feels like to be watched protectively and treated like that." She smiled and laughed, it was rare to see her emotionless face break for a moment, especially if it's a smile or laugh from her.

Hak and Mun-deok looked surprised but then immediately smiled afterward. They all started laughing and went to a normal conversation with no questions or arguments afterwards.

(Y/N), Hak, and Mun-deok we're riding a horse to Hiryuu Castle. They soon arrived inside before Mun-deok left them to do their own business in the castle. Hak and (Y/N) were walking the corridors of the castle before they heard a name being called to one of them.

"Hak!"

Two voices said in unison, the voice sounded like an excited male while the other sounded demanding and feminine like. Hak and (Y/N) turned around to see two children running in front of them and stopped when they were close enough and panted tiredly.

(Y/N)'s POV
Me and Hak were just walking the corridors of the castle before we heard two voices calling out to Hak. We turned around to see a boy that was as tall as Hak but with soft delicate features, long dark blonde hair that was free and extended to just his shoulders, his bangs are parted in half and some strands are longer and wavier than the normal cut, he has sea green-blue eyes, light colored skin, and a kind and cheerful smile that would be contagious to anyone. He was cute like a girl to be honest...

While the girl who was shorter than me by at least 3 inches had her curly red hair short that looked like crimson blood, she had fair skin like mine, and purple eyes that shined like diamonds. She is actually cute like the male beside her, why are they both so cute? But it really did confused me was that I feel connected with her, as if she's important to me. I then remembered what Mommy and Daddy told me, that the Phoenix's role is to protect the Crimson Dragon King, but they told me that instead of a crimson male dragon, this generation has a crimson female dragon.

Even if my heart tells me that we're connected, I still don't trust her fully, after all, we just met. But what I didn't understand why I began to start crying. I wasn't actually feeling sad, tears were just starting to fall down; like a dam just broke inside of me and I didn't have time to repair the hole that made it burst open. I just shaked my head and rubbed my tears away with my hands, trying to not get their attention at my unusual crying state. Yet I could still feel the stare of someone, looking at my side was Hak looking at me with a bit of worry on his face. I just shook my head at him, showing him that I didn't want him to ask questions about what he saw.

"Hak, there you are! We were searching the whole castle for you for a long time, we thought you won't get here." The male said happily then sadly.

"Yeah, we were walking for hours! You should be thankful that we searched for you that long!" The crimson haired girl stated while puffing her cheeks from being riled up and annoyed.

I looked at Hak for an answer, he turned to me and was able to read my confusion even when I still had a blank expression. He turned to them waiting for them to notice my presence while they were talking about Hak.

"Wait, Hak, do you know who's with you?" The male said pointing his finger at me with excitement laced in his cheery voice.

"Huh? When did you get here?" The red headed female asked.

I was literally just staring at you for the whole time. You even glanced at my direction a couple of times and that you still didn't noticed me? Am I really that alone, that I wouldn't be noticed by other people that much...

"Oh her, it's not like she was here watching you two talking the whole time." Hak stated in a sarcastic tone while the two sweat dropped and blushed from embarrassment, which caused them to laugh nervously because of their lack of paying attention to their surroundings.

"So are you going to introduce us?" The blonde said excitedly being the first to talk from their embarrassing moment.

"She's (Y/N), my cousin." Hak stated blankly.

"Nani?!" The two said surprised and in unison again.

"Why didn't you told us before?!" The girl asked with a shocked face, the tone of betrayal in her voice.

"That's because she joined us a week and a half ago."

"How did she join you?" The crimson haired girl asked.

I heard the question then looked at the floor with a sad yet still blank expression, remembering that sad event. I heard nothing but silence and felt three pairs of eyes look at me, until I heard someone speak up.

"No matter what it is, the important thing is that you're here!" The male said cheerfully.

I looked up and met with shining brown eyes and a bright smile from the male. I nodded with a blank expression at his kindness and cheerfulness.

"I'll introduce myself first. I'm Soo-won, I'm general Yu-hon's son." He said as he bowed and smiled brightly that almost blinded me. I had a small smile as I bowed and nodded at him.

"I'm Yona, I'm the daughter of King Il of Kouka Kingdom." She said as she also bowed and smiled at me. My small smile still on my face as I bowed back to the Princess.

So the new crimson dragon is a female and a princess, huh. I thought as I still had my small smile on while I nodded at her. When the introductions ended; we all played around, talked with each other, and then stayed at Yona's bedroom at night while continuing where we left off. Well, all except for me, I do trust them but, it feels somewhat wrong talking to them.

It feels like I'm just extra space and needed to be thrown out to be equal again, and it makes me feel so left out as they were conversing on what they're favorite thing to do at the castle and other things that I can't relate too. I noticed that Yona was talking about outside the castle and then Hak teasing her, I didn't knew he really likes to tease others until now that he did it to the Princess and sometimes Soo-won. I'll mentally note that. I was about to sneak out the door while they're distracted and leave them to their own happy conversation but was stopped when a voice called out to me.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing?" Soo-won asked me seriously with almost the same blank expression I had in which surprised me.

What happened to the cheery personality?! Was that some sort of a mask that he uses to show others? Or was he really that mad at me for trying to sneak out? Whatever it was, he looks like he wanted some truthful answers from me. I then saw that Hak and Yona didn't noticed us as they were throwing and dodging things, making my start tugging on my (F/C) gloves from the intense gaze Soo-won was still giving me. I sighed as I tried to stop being worried and just answered his question

"I thought that it was somewhat wrong talking to you guys. It feels like I'm just extra space that needed to be thrown out to be equal again. I thought that leaving you guys would lighten up your moods since I'm not important, I tried sneaking out quitely as you can see, I didn't bother telling you guys since I knew that you wouldn't care or notice that I would be gone." I said while giving him a sad smile, sadness laced in my shaky voice.

After all, I should be used to people leaving me behind to deal with the wave of emotions I feel every day. It's just hard to even tell someone how I feel since even myself can't understand what I feel most of the time. And now I'm just telling someone that I just met moments ago how I feel and think, there really is something wrong with me... I was about to apologize for my ranting but a pair of arms wrapped me and silenced my apology.

"You're wrong, it's okay to talk to us, you aren't extra space, we would be sad if you left, you are important, we would care and notice if you left. So don't think of things like that if they're wrong, ask us if they're right, we would answer because we care for you, even if we just met you. If you got Hak's trust, then you're important and you got ours too." Soo-won said in a serious yet calming tone which made my feel so stupid with what I thought, so I just smiled and hugged Soo-won back.

What Soo-won said really meant a lot to me, even if I feel indifferent about it. I couldn't actually believe that they think of me like that so soon, they don't even know why I'm even like this to begin with. But I can't lie that it was nice to hear reassuring words like that, it makes me think there's a slight chance that it's actually true.

"Thank you, what you said is greatly appreciated." I said in a whisper for only him to hear with a smile that I couldn't hide for much longer.

I noticed that Soo-won was hugging me tightly, I didn't want him to feel embarrassed so I just kept it to myself. We broke the huge for a few more seconds, when we didn't hear any noise around us, we both looked at the railing to see Hak and Yona near it. I didn't knew why but they were intensely looking at us with an expression that I couldn't tell. But I could tell a part of what they felt were sadness, I can only guess that they heard me and Soo-won. We both laughed awkwardly while hiding our embarrassment. But before it could get more awkward, Yona went up to me with a wide smile on her face.

"So (Y/N), are you going to start going here too?" She beamed as she was basically glowing in happiness.

"W-Well, if it's alright with you all..." I trailed off, since they might not even approve yet of my presence coming back here to see them.

"Since you're not annoying like Hak, I don't mind." Yona laughed at her comment while Hak was clearly annoyed.

"You're one to speak."

"Actually, Yona-hime is right on that one Hak." Hak opened his mouth, shocked that I actually said something like that. I just shrugged my shoulders at him with a neutral face, since what I said wasn't a truth nor a lie either.

"I can see that we are going to be the best of friends already." Grabbing my hands in hers, Yona gave me an excited smile with sparkles in her eyes.

"Yeah, I would love that." I gave her a smile, because it makes me relieved to just hear those words from her too.

Hak gave an irritated sigh, going up to me with an annoyed expression. I just laughed nervously as I didn't know how he was going to react, so it really surprised me when he just ruffled my hair.

"You're going to be a handful, huh?" Removing his hands from my hair with a small smile on his face.

"Aww~ Your so kind to her Hak! Why can't you be kind to me too?" Soo-won whined as he gave him a tight embrace, making Hak grunt from the sudden weight he received on him.

"You are all equally annoying me." Hak tried to pry Soo-won off of him, while the said hugging male was still whining on the 'unfair' treatment he gives him.

"Don't you mean you annoy us all equally." Yona-hime gave a triumphant grin, knowing that Hak couldn't get ahold of her because of his state.

"I take what I said back, you clearly are the most annoying to deal with."

Hak remarked back at Yona with a teasing smirk. This made Yona irritated at Hak and tried to chase him, but Hak was using Soo-won to shield himself from her wrath. Soo-won just laughed at the two while he was in the middle of their fight. I stared at the three people in the room in front of me, making my smile on my face stay longer than any I had for a while now.

"I think we are all going to be great friends."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Published:
5/14/20

Fxck me gently with a chainsaw! Imma just be straightforward with this. The wifi in my house is going to be cut off in May 15 (fxckin' tomorrow-) since you know, bills and shxt is hard to do when you don't have a job since you're a student and your parents are struggling to put money and food on the table. BUT we just payed today, and also another but- we aren't sure if it isn't going to be cut off tomorrow or not. I hope the wifi will stay, since I still have online school to deal with-

If you noticed and were asking, then yes. I copied Yona's and Soo-won's appearance in the Akatsuki no Yona Wiki Fandom. I suck at describing so I just copied it cause' of my lazy self.

Please give me feedback by voting or commenting, it helps me sleep at night— I mean it helps me know what you think of the chapters and it lets me know if you're enjoying it. Here's an icecream if you've already done that: 🍦

Remember to stay safe (especially in these times), sleep well, and keep shining my lovely starlights!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 3.9K 40
Y/n has always been an outcast and the spectator of her own life but what will happen when one day she wakes up to find herself stuck in a manga that...
17.9K 435 25
After a terrible incident occurred when she was younger, it has left her with most of her childhood memories gone. But that doesn't mean she won't ge...
863 49 23
a fanfiction... "𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮" the story of rengoku kyojuro, the flame hashira and mitsu...
701K 25.3K 101
[REINCARNATION] A sudden change happens in the body of this infamous, but young beautiful sadist who no longer contains its core- the sadistic soul. ...