The Game Changer | a Dead by...

By Thorismyslut

[ DISCONTINUED ] You were walking in the woods with your dog at night, both enjoying the peace and quiet. But... More

A walk in the woods
A shocking trial
Ezio for president
Sweet dreams
Bloody mess
The Newbies
The spies
The Change

a Weird Trial

2.2K 87 67
By Thorismyslut

You sat on a stump vibing with Kate. She was playing her guitar, experimenting with random chords.

It turned out that everyone had an item they were attached to from the real world, for example Kate and her guitar. Ace had a stack of cards in his jacket which he played a lot of games with, Nea had a lockpick in her back pocket, Adam always carried an educational book around, Zarina with her camera and Bill had a garden gnome placed into the ground.

The others however, preferred to keep their belongings for themselves.

"Your dog.. How old is he?" Jake asked while petting Ezio.

You shrugged, "He's about 2 years old, I got him when he was still a puppy." You smiled.

"I also have a dog, he's a stray I picked up from the street. I hope he's still ok, my neighbors are babysitting him right now." Jeff mentioned. "I had a cockatoo as well, she's called Rocky. She was a metalhead just like me." Jeff laughed.

Ash perked up in his seat, "Oh yeah, I have a bearded dragon. His name's Eli. There's one time I was so high, he could talk." Ash snickered.

"Ooh I had a black cat called Meja when I was younger. She scratched me every time I looked at her." Nea joked.

Jake shrugged, "I guess these crows are like my pets. They seem to like me a lot."

Meg raised her eyebrows, "Really? They always creep me out. They keep stalking me until I look at them."

Dwight nodded, "Yeah! Everytime I go into a locker they keep alerting the killer. I have no choice but to get out!"

"Well, I'm glad they kicked you out of those lockers, you gotta help repairing these generators at some point." David teased.

Jane rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Like you ever do generators. All you do is getting chased by the killer and saving people from the hook without thinking."

"Hey, at least I gave you guys plenty of time to do the objective." David defended himself.

A little argument broke out between the survivors. You awkwardly sat there with Zarina and Kate. "Don't you worry now loves, this happens a lot." Kate chirped.

"Anyone wanna play uno with real cards?" Ace suggested.

"Sure I'm in." You shrugged.

"Me too!" Zarina smiled.

"Alright, I'll join as well." Nancy said.

Bill groaned, "Hell no, there's no way you can beat Ace."

"What can I say? I'm a lucky guy." Ace smirked while shuffling the cards.

"Anyways, allow me to explain it to you guys. Players take turns matching a card in their hand with the current card shown on top of the deck either by colour or number. Special action cards deliver game-changing moments as they help you defeat your opponents."

"Ok so you can skip someone's turn with a jack, the ultimate uno reverse card is 10, you can make someone pick up 2 cards with a queen, you can change the colour with a king and last but not least, you can make someone pick up 4 cards with Ace." He explained while handing everyone 7 cards.

The match was interesting. Zarina started off with 6 hearts on top, followed by Nancy. After Nancy came Ace and then you.

You were in a danger zone though. Ace could easily destroy you with his so called luck. You only had one special card in your deck, a queen to be exact. You decided to save it for a special moment.

The game started to get more exciting when most people had 3 to 6 cards left. You were winning with 2 cards in your hands. You finally placed your queen on the pile of cards, "Uno!"

But to your surprise Zarina also had a queen. This made Nancy pick up 4 cards, but no. Your eyes widened in disbelief. "Oh lucky me, I just picked up a queen." Nancy giggled as she placed a queen on the deck.

Your smile dropped as you noticed Ace's smirk. "Oh I am so sorry Fiore." Ace placed the almighty queen on the deck, making you pick up 8 cards. You were losing a lot of braincells, instant karma moment.

"What the fuck."

"Language."

You picked up 8 cards in annoyance. You had 9 cards while everyone else had below 5. Well, at least you got one special card out of it, Ace of hearts.

Zarina drew the ultimate 10, the uno reverse card on the pile. You smiled and immediately threw the Ace of hearts on top of the reverse card, seeking for revenge.

Ace ironically had an Ace of spades in his hands, "Uno." He grinned. That didn't go as planned.

Nancy frowned and started picking up 8 cards. "Not fair!" Well, now she knows how it feels.

You tried to think of a way to stop Ace from winning. Zarina couldn't draw anything since she didn't have any spades so it was up to you now.

The only problem was that you didn't have any spades in your deck either. You admitted your defeat and picked up a useless card from the pile.

Ace proudly placed his final card, making him the winner. This game went quicker than you thought it would go. "How? What are you, some kind of magician?" Zarina gawked.

You knew excactly what Ace was going to say, "I'm just lucky." He answered with a smug, meaningful look. A few others rolled their eyes and nodded. 

You suddenly felt a cold breeze hit your neck. Ezio started barking out of nowhere as a shiver travelled down your spine, you instantly looked over your shoulder to see what was going on.

The dark mist had appeared once again. A few sighs were heard throughout the group. You could hear whisperers in your head telling you to get up. You automatically moved towards the dark mist as if it was pulling you. Three other people followed behind you as well, "[Y/N]? Again? The Entity must like you huh." Feng mentioned.

You simply shrugged it off, "There's nothing I can really do about it." Feng just nodded and shifted her gaze towards the fire.

The other competitors turned out to be Ash, Jeff and Steve. Ash brought a med-kit with him while Steve pulled out a flashlight from his pockets.

You glanced at the eternal campfire. You didn't have anything to offer, maybe you'll find out what to bring with you another day. Jeff tossed a small leather pouch of chalk into the fire, "For good luck." He answered with a bright smile just when you were about to question him.

You lowered yourself on Ezio's level and petted him for one last time as a goodbye. His ears dropped as a soft whine escaped his mouth, "Don't worry, I'll be fine." You shushed.

You stood up and brushed off some dirt from your pants. Me and the boys off to rush gens, you thought. The mist started getting thicker and thicker, making it difficult to see clearly. You suddenly felt extremely dizzy, making you pass out along with the boys.

- • -

You smelled a familiar smell. The smell of smoke and burnt iron. You opened your eyes and saw Steve right beside you. "Oh, I was about to wake you up. We already started working on a generator." Steve said as he pointed towards the generator on your right.

You shifted your gaze towards the generator and noticed Ash and Jeff waving at you. You waved back in a confused manner, "Alright, I'll be on a lookout and distract the killer while you guys repair that generator." Steve said while he helped you up. You quickly thanked him as he ran up the stairs.

You looked around you for a bit before walking towards the generator. It was the boiler room in your dreams.. So that means Freddy must be the killer. You made a frown, you weren't too keen to go against Freddy. "Hey kid, you alright?" Ash asked.

You snapped out of your thoughts and nodded, "Oh, yeah I'm okay." You crouched down and moved your arms into the generator, connecting random wires by colour. Ash and Jeff were way faster than you in nailing skill checks and repairing the generator in general. They must've been in this realm for quite a while, doing the objective over and over again.

The generator was fully repaired way quicker than you thought it would be. A loud hum could be heard all around the area. You all walked up the stairs, yourself being in the middle of the two men. You walked through the building, avoiding the big hole in the middle of the hallway. Jeff lead you to the back of the building along with Ash. You followed the wired fence with a few holes in it, you could see that there was a generator nearby.

"Alright c'mon this'll be done in no-time." Jeff beckoned.

You all started repairing the generator in full speed. Ash and Jeff suddenly started acting weird, both of their heads started to drop on the side as their eyes were closed. They continued working on the generator like there was nothing going on, "Whoa, what- are you guys okay?!" You panicked. 

"Don't worry.. Just- try to wake us up.." Jeff mumbled.

You immediately nodded and snapped your fingers. They both shook awake, "Whew, thanks." Ash thanked.

"Thank you, don't really like when that happens." Jeff exclaimed.

"No problem..? What just happened?"

"Oh, well.. The killer we're against is called the Nightmare. You see, he's a dream demon. He can only attack when you're asleep so he pulls you in a dream on command. He can also make illusions, like- creating fake pallets. Oh not to mention he can teleport his way towards generators. You'll know when that happens though, we're safe for now." Jeff explained.

You hesitantly nodded, "By the way, if you ever hear a lullaby sung by a bunch of kids, run." Ash added.

Well that didn't really help you calm down either. A loud scream was heard in the distance, Steve! "That's my cue, see ya!" Ash quickly said before he dipped.

You continued working on the generator with Jeff. You had a small conversation with him while repairing the generator, it's crazy how he could stay calm while being in this place.

Just when the generator was about to pop a loud rambling sound came from the inside. You slowly backed away and looked at Jeff. Blood suddenly started spurting out of the generator, "Run! He's here!" Jeff shouted.

You both took off into a different direction. You looked over your shoulder to see that Freddy had spawned. You ran as fast as you could, trying to get as far as possible. You saw another house in the distance. You decided to get in and take a breath, even though you could hear things coming from the garage. You didn't want to investigate until you heard a familiar voice.

"Watch out, there's a snare."

"Oh, yeah. Gotcha"

It was Steve and Ash! You tippy toed down the stairs, "Hey guys." You smiled.

They both turned their heads towards you, "Oh, hi [Y/N]!" Steve greeted.

"Hey kid." Ash followed.

The place was surrounded with lockers and a single generator. The room was all dark and dusty. There were spiderwebs filling an empty corner and a pallet located next to the staircase. The generator was yellow unlike the other generators.

You and the boys started repairing the generator in full speed once again. The generator was repaired under a minute, the room lit up while a loud hum went through the building.

"Great, 3 more generators to go." Steve cheered.

"Groovy."

You grinned and stood up along with Steve and Ash. You decided to walk through the pallet but was suddenly stopped by something pulling you from the ground.

Your legs started feeling wobbly, drastically slowing you down. You looked beneath your legs and noiticed you were standing in a puddle of blood with hands trying to get ahold of your legs. You felt really tired for some reason. You couldn't hear anything except for soft mumbling. Your eyes shut down and your body dropped on the floor, putting you in a deep sleep.

- • - 3rd POV - • -

"I think we did a pretty good.. job so far." Ash said as he was about to walk up the stairs.

THUMP

Steve and Ash turned their heads towards your limp body. "Wait, what? What just happened?" Steve's eyes widened.

They both ran towards you, Steve inspected your body, looking for any weird signs. "I can't see anything weird.. No blood, scratch, nothing!" He sighed.

"What the fuck." Ash breathed out with a confused expression. They both crouched on the floor right next to you.

"Is she still breathing? Does she have a pulse?" Ash clutched.

Steve immediatly grabbed your hand and pressed his thumb on your wrist. A smile formed on his lips as a let out a relieved sigh, "Yeah.. Her heart is still beating."

Ash sat down and covered his face with his hands, "Ok.. She's fine- she's fine." He affirmed.

Ash grabbed his med-kit and searched for anything useful, "Ok so it's not a sudden mori.. She hasn't been hooked yet." Steve panicked.

"No of course not dipshit, there would've been blood. Hell, she wouldn't even be alive!" Ash facepalmed.

"Ok sure but what else could it be?! It's Freddy, you'll never know." Steve defended himself.

"Freddy can go jump off a microwave. Besides, we should've seen Freddy if he was here!" Ash argued.

"Whatever! Just- try to find something useful."

"Ooh I found something, maybe this will work. Who knows?" Ash suggested as he held up an anti-haemorrhagic syringe.

Steve nodded and let Ash do the job.

Nothing happened.

You didn't move an inch. Your body was completely still even when the injection needle entered your body. They both stressed and panicked. This never happened before.

Steve pulled his hair, "It's been at least 20 seconds!" He panicked.

"Damn it, it's like spilling paint on a painting. It doesn't matter because there's already paint on it!" Ash complained.

Steve cocked his head to the side, "What? That doesn't make any se-"

"Just ignore what I said, ok?" Ash cut off.

But then another heartbeat was heard. Their own hearts started beating crazy, the killer was near. "Shit!" They both cussed in sync.

"Ok, what if we put her in a locker? Freddy won't find out, right?" Steve suggested quickly as he stood up.

Ash nodded, "Alright c'mon, I'll grab her legs. On 3!" He declared as they both got ahold of you.

3..

2..

1..!

They both steadily held your body in the air, moving towards the nearest locker.

"What are you guys doing with [Y/N]?"

Steve and Ash almost dropped you in shock, "Jesus, Jesus!" Ash exclaimed. Jeff stood there confused and injured, asking for an explanation.

"We'll explain later! Could you hold the locker door for us?" Steve stressed. Jeff groaned and did what he was told.

"Okay what's going on? Why is she unconcious?" Jeff asked dead-panned as he held the locker door open.

Ash and Steve both laid you in a locker, "Look, we don't know alright? She just fell on the ground out of nowhere." Ash answered.

Jeff raised an eyebrow, "She just.. Fell?"

"Yeah, I know it sounds stupid but she did." Steve told Jeff with a withering look.

Jeff stroked his beard, "What if.. She got in a dream? Remember when we were working on the first generator? She didn't fall sleep while we did as always, maybe it's because she acts differently in this realm." Jeff theorized.

"The dream snare!" Steve proclaimed. "We forgot to warn her about that!"

Footsteps were heard from above, "Hide!" Ash whisper yelled. Jeff closed the locker door and hid himself in another locker just like everyone else.

Freddy speedwalked down the stairs, looking at the lockers with a wolfish grin.

He suddenly slammed the locker door open where you were in, grabbed you and put you on his shoulder without thinking.

Steve jumped out of his locker and used his almighty flashlight to blind Freddy, making him drop you. "AH, YOU BITCH!" He yelled.

You fell head first on the floor, everyone hissed sympathetically.

"Ouch.."

"What the fuck." Freddy spat out.

"Yeah I know." Steve mumbled.

Everyone slowly got out of their lockers. An awkward silence occured.

Freddy poked your head, "I don't get it. What the fuck did you guys do to her." You didn't move an inch.

"Well, she accidentally stepped into YOUR dream snare and instantly fell asleep. She hasn't woken up ever since." Steve explained.

"Yeah, can't you get into her dreams or something?" Ash asked.

"No she's in non-rem sleep stage 3." Freddy answered mildly.

"English please?"

"It means she can't dream yet, bitchzilla."

Freddy picked you up, making the boys tense. "What? I'm going to wake her up by hooking her." Freddy groaned as Steve threatened him with his flashlight

"Yeah, that's a no." Steve steadied his flashlight. Jeff was ready to throw a pallet at the other side.

Freddy rolled his eyes, "Oh boohoo there's nothing we can do except to hook her, simp."

Steve attempted to blind Freddy but got hit by his clawed glove instead, a painful yelp slipped from his mouth. Freddy speedwalked upstairs while being followed by the boys.

They tried to bodyblock him but that didn't work, even though they were taller than Freddy. He threw you on the hook without thinking, hitting Ash shortly after.

- • - Your POV - • -

Your eyes instantly opened the split second the cold metal made contact with your skin. You let out a loud scream of agony as blood spurted out everywhere, grabbing the hook with your hands as a support.

"See? I told you it would work." Freddy shrugged.

"You guys allowed him to do this?!" You cried out in betrayal, leaving your teammates dumbfounded.

"What? No- we tried stopping him I swear!" Steve confirmed.

You noticed that everyone was injured, Freddy seemed to that notice too. Your eyes widened, "Watch out!"

Steve was instantly downed by Freddy's glove.

Ash tried to pull you off the hook but got pulled by Freddy instead.

Jeff got downed quickly after that as well.

"Save the best for last is one hell of a perk." Freddy laughed.

Everyone got hooked one by one. Freddy won the trial with pride, his dark laugh ringing in your ears.

- • - At the camp - • -

Everyone at the camp greeted you and your teammates with a worried expression, knowing that you all were sacrificed. You couldn't stop but feel guilty.

"Damnit it's my fault. I shouldn't have stepped into that dream snare.." You sighed.

Ash perked up in his seat, "What? No don't blame yourself kid, it's Steve's fault! He should've warned you about the snare." He reassured.

Steve shook his head, "Hey don't blame me! It's obviously Freddy's fault! He's the one that placed the snare!"

Jeff facepalmed, "It's the Entity's fault. He's the one who started all this, remember?" He stated.

Yeah, technically the truth. Did it matter though?

[A/N] I'm so proud of this chapter.

I don't know how but we're at 1k reads- HOW DO I THANK YOU GUYS FR

Btw could you guys add me on dbd mobile 🥺🥺 my user is sugrdaddy, a proud Ace main who spent all their shards on Ace cosmetics.

Word count is 3269 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 103 20
Welcome to my first Horror Slashers / DBD One-Shot book! I hope you enjoy! :D
2.5K 26 8
Front cover by Angus Satanae on Twitter ___ I just wanna start this of by saying that requests are open. ___ What my comments mean ❤️-I liked your c...
71.9K 3.9K 21
BOOK TWO- Female Reader Version After being fired from the Sanitarium, the slashers were determined to be with you again. Breaking out, they travelle...
1.4M 16.2K 38
THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION, CHARACTERS ARE BEING REMOVED WHILE OTHERS ARE BEING ADDED IN. MASSIVE CHANGES ARE IN STORE FOR EACH CP SO ALL...