Azur Lane: A Fight Against th...

By TatsuyaHisaki

17 year-old Jacob lived in a small peaceful village just on the beach side far from any major city or town. H... More

Prologue
Part 1: The Azur Lane!
Part 2: Sakura Empire
Part 3: Akagi's Plan!
Part 4: The Mental Cube
Part 5: Spending The Day With Illustrious!
Part 6: The First Attack!
Part 7: Enterprise!
Part 8: Fight or Save?
Part 9: The First Siren Attack!
Part 10: A New Ally!
Part 11: Prinz And Iron Blood!
Part 12: The Rescue Operation!
Part 13: Setting Up For the Ceremony!
Part 14: PARTY TIME!!
Part 15: I Became an Older Brother...Again?!
Part 16: My Date With Illustrious.
Part 18: The Paradise That Embodies Heaven!
Part 19: The Paradise That Embodies Heaven (Pt. 2)
Part 20: The "Fishing" Trip
Part 21: Finally... At Long Last.
Part 22: Fight Once Again...For Her Sake.
Part 23: The Brutal Truth...That Reminds Me of That Day. (Contains Lemon)
Part 24: Mother Complex...
Part 25: Three Legends of the Sakura Empire!
Part 26: New Bases, New Faces, and New Fears... (Contains Lemon)
Part 27: New Bases, New Faces, and New Fears... (Pt.2)
Part 28: New Bases, New Faces, and New Fears... (Pt.3) (Contains Lemon)
Part 29: The Crane Sisters. (Contains Lemon)
Part 30: The Grey Ghost and the Head Maid! (Contains Lemon) (Christmas Special)
Part 31: The Pride of Iron Blood. (New Years Special) (Final)

Part 17: The Secret's Out.

1.8K 22 54
By TatsuyaHisaki

I awoke as light shined into the room. Firstly, I checked to see if Illustrious was still here, which she was. That's when I remembered that Ace and Blizzard was in between us. Ace was laying with his nose against me while Blizzard had his nose against Illustrious's chest.

Jacob: *Whispers* That's my spot buddy.

That's when I heard a giggle. I looked at Illustrious and saw her looking at me.

Illustrious: Your spot?

Jacob: *Nods head and moves closer to Illustrious as he buries face in her breasts*

Illustrious: Seriously, Commander, you're like a little kid.

Jacob: *Makes baby cry noises*

Illustrious: You really are like a little kid, Commander.

Jacob: *Chuckles* Only when I'm with you.

After that, me and Illustrious got out of bed and I got ready for the day. Then we left the house. I had Ace on his leash while Illustrious had Blizzard on his leash. We were heading to my office with my doggos.

(Time Skip)

Location: Jacob's Office.

We were in my office now.I set up the pads for Ace and Blizzard. Illustrious said that she had to go somewhere to do something, so she left and now it was just me, Ace, and Blizzard. I was wanting to call everyone so that I could make another fleet, but I waited a few hours so that Illustrious could finish what she wanted to do.

(A few hours later)

I had called everyone to the lecture hall for a meeting where I would form a second fleet.

Jacob: Before we start, I want to thank everyone for their hard work. I also want to thank the Sakura Empire and Iron Blood camps for attending the ceremony. Alright, it's time to get down to business. On stage with me is the first fleet a made. Today, I will form a second fleet as well as make changes to the first fleet. Before we form the second fleet, let's change up the first fleet a bit.

I turned and looked at the fleet that was next to me.

Jacob: I just want to say that three of you will be removed from the fleet. I want you to know that I don't mean anything by it and I hope you take no office. Cleveland, Montpelier, and Warspite, I'm sorry but the three of you are being removed from the first fleet. Again, I don't mean anything by it. However, I do want to let you three know that you've worked very hard and I'm proud to have you three as allies. You're very strong.

Cleveland, Montpelier, and Warspite: Thank you, Commander!

Jacob: Now, filling in for Cleveland and Montpelier. Prinz Eugen, I would like you front middle please. Also when I call your name, please come up onto the stage.

Prinz stood up and walked onto the stage as she took her position.

Jacob: *thoughts* She didn't joke? Wtf?

Jacob: Belfast, I don't see how this makes a difference, but for some reason it does, I need you to move on the other side of Prinz Eugen.

Without question Belfast move to where she was on Prinz's right side.

Jacob: Now, Atago, would you please come up and take the last spot in the front.

Atago stood up and came onto the stage and she stood on the left side of Prinz.

Jacob: I really don't see how this makes a difference.

Jacob: That's the front row. Now for the back. Enterprise, I would like you to move behind Atago please.

Enterprise moved behind Atago.

Jacob: Illustrious, you're fine where you are. Now for back center, our flagship will be Zuikaku.

I looked in the crowd and found Zuikaku and Shoukaku sitting next to each other. I saw them look at each other before Zuikaku stood up and walked onto the stage.

Jacob: *thoughts* I bet I know what they're thinking.

Jacob: This is our new first fleet everyone. As of now *Mumbles* mostly cause as of now, this is our only fleet. *Talks normally* this is our strongest fleet. Now it's time to form the second fleet.

I looked out to everyone in the crowd. That's when the doors to the building flew open and a group of girls walked in.

Jacob: What's the meaning of this?

The girl in the front, well, all of the girls actually, were wearing what looked like winter clothes.

???: Greetings, Commander.

Jacob: *Turns head slightly towards the first fleet* Who are they and why did they call me Commander?

Belfast: They are allied with Azur Lane. I'll let them do the honors of telling you who they are, Master.

Jacob: *Turns back to the group of girls* Does that make me their commander?

Belfast: It does.

???: Let me start over. Greetings, Commander. My name is Avrora and we are from the Northern Parliament.

(Avrora)

(Sorry the picture's a little blurry.)

Jacob: Avrora huh?

Avrora: That's right, Commander. We came all the way from Northern Parliament's main base to help you.

Jacob: I see. Well thank you. Now forming the seconds fleet will take a bit longer because I now have to look over your stats.

The group of girls from Northern Parliament took a seat as I reviewed their stats.

Jacob: All of you look very strong. Okay, with taking all of this into mind, I have decided who will be in the second fleet. Again, for those who have joined with us a few minutes ago, if I call your name, please come onto the stage. Front row, center, Noshiro.

Noshiro stood up and walked onto the stage.

(Noshiro)

Jacob: On Noshiro's right will be Dido.

Dido stood up and took her spot next to Noshiro.

(Dido)

Jacob: On Noshiro's left, Takao.

Takao stood up and...well you know what they're gonna do. No need for me to repeat myself.

Jacob: Now for the back row. Behind Takao will be Kaga.

Kaga stood up and walked onto the stage.

Jacob: Next up, our flagship for the fleet, A...Akagi.

Akagi, unlike everyone else, stood up and hurried onto the stage.

Jacob: *Sighs* Now, to the right of Akagi, someone I am unacquainted with, Sovetskaya Rossiya.

All the way in the back, someone stood up and started walking up onto the stage. I never met Sovetskaya Rossiya so I could only assume that this was her. She took her place next to Akagi.

(Sovetskaya Rossiya)

Jacob: This is our second fleet. In all honesty, I wasn't planning on making a second fleet this soon, but the higher-ups gave me permission to put together a second fleet. Sorry for calling you all here when God knows y'all could be doing something fun. Actually while we're all gathered here, I would like to assign a few more secretaries. As both the Eagle Union and Royal Navy camps know, Illustrious and Belfast are currently my two secretaries.

I paused for a bit as I thought up who I would want as my secretaries.

Jacob: Okay, from now on, on Mondays, Prinz Eugen will be on secretary duty. Tuesday, it will be Zuikaku. Wednesday, Atago. Thursday, Illustrious. And Friday, Belfast. I'll work alone on the weekends.

That's when I heard someone from one of the fleets speak up. It was Akagi.

Akagi: I don't approve of this, Commander. Why didn't you chose me as one of your secretaries?

Jacob: You wanna work almost all day?

Akagi: I will do anything for Commander's sake, even if I must slay a god.

Jacob: One, not in your job description. Two, I don't think that's necessary. And three, that's dedication I'll give you that. Fine, there will be another "slight" adjustment to the secretary duties. I'll even do you a favor Akagi. Monday, Akagi will be on secretary duty. Tuesday, Prinz Eugen. Wednesday, Zuikaku. Thursday, Atago. Friday, Illustrious. And Saturday, Belfast. I'll work alone on Sunday. Better...Akagi.

Akagi: Yes, Commander.

Jacob: *Sighs* Alright then, starting tomorrow *clears throat* Monday, Akagi, you'll be on duty. Well, that's it for now. Everyone, enjoy the rest of the day off and have fun. Dismissed.

After that, everyone left and I made my way to my office.

(A few minutes later)

Location: Jacob's Office.

I was sitting in my chair at my desk doing some paperwork. I had just finished a small stack when I decided to take a little break. I leaned back in my chair and put my hands behind my head. That's when my attention focused onto the top drawer on the right side of my desk. I leaned forwards a bit and opened the drawer and saw that the small box I placed there was still there.

Jacob: I better not lose that thing. It was a little expensive.

I was about to take the box out of the drawer when I heard my office door open. I quickly closed the drawer and left a small crack in it when I looked up as someone walked in.

Jacob: Sovetskaya Rossiya, right?

Sovetskaya Rossiya: Correct, Comrade Commander.

Jacob: *thoughts* Comrade Commander?

Jacob: Well, it's nice to meet you Sovetskaya Rossiya. Do you have any business with me?

Sovetskaya Rossiya: If you want Comrade Commander, you can just call me Sovetskaya if you wish.

Jacob: Okay, Sovetskaya. You can just call me Commander instead of Comrade Commander if you want.

Sovetskaya: We are not at a relationship to where I can call you a disrespectful name.

Jacob: *thoughts* You're literally only dropping the word "Comrade".

Jacob: Then it wouldn't be right to call you Sovetskaya and not Sovetskaya Rossiya.

Sovetskaya: That is true.

Jacob: Like I said. I don't really have a problem with you calling me 'Comrade Commander', but it's just a little weird to me since no one calls me that. I'm not forcing you to call me Commander, you can call me whatever you want.

Sovetskaya: I understand.

Jacob: So, Sovetskaya, do you have business with me or?

Sovetskaya: Well, firstly I wanted to apologize for us barging in like we did earlier.

Jacob: Oh it's fine.I just didn't know who you girls were so I was a little bit cautious.

Sovetskaya: I deeply apologise, Comrade Commander.

Jacob: It's cool. Is that all you wanted to do?

Sovetskaya: If you are not too busy, Comrade Commander, I wanted to get acquainted with you.

Jacob: *Stands up* I just finished a bit of paperwork so I'm not busy really. I was planning on finding you girls from Northern Parliament though so we can get acquainted anyway.

Sovetskaya: You want to deepen our camaraderie? Very good, let us start by making a firm handshake part of our regular routine.

Jacob: Sounds good Sovetskaya.

I held out my hand towards Sovetskaya as she did the same. Our hands locked and we gave each other a firm handshake, as she suggested. We let go after about a second.

Jacob: I'm looking forward to working with you Sovetskaya.

Sovetskaya: I'm looking forward to working with you as well, Comrade Commander.

As my hand dropped to my side, so did hers.

Sovetskaya: That is all I wanted. I will be leaving now, Comrade Commander.

Jacob: Okay. I'll see you later Sovetskaya. I'm expecting good results from you.

Sovetskaya was holding the door open with her back towards me. Then, she paused and turned just her head to where she was facing me.

Sovetskaya: And good results you're going to get.

Then she left and my door closed.

Jacob: *In low voice* That's what I like to hear.

I took a seat back in my chair. That's when I looked at the drawer again, only to find Blizzard's back legs sticking out of the drawer. He was kicking in the air for a bit before his legs disappeared into the drawer.

Jacob: Blizzard, what the hell?! How did you even get in there? And how are you fitting in there now that I think about it?

I leaned forwards as I opened the drawer a bit.

Jacob: Get outta there Blizzard. Shoo shoo.

I opened the drawer just enough and Blizzard jumped out of the drawer. It happened so fast it actually scared me.

Jacob: Honestly, how DID you get in there?

That's when I heard a small thud on the floor. I looked to where the thud came from and saw the box that was in the drawer, on the floor. The box was on its side and the top half of the box was open, revealing the promise ring that was inside. I quickly jumped out of my chair and kneeled on the floor next to the box as I picked it up and took the ring out. Then I inspected the ring to make sure it wasn't damaged.

Jacob: Thank God it's not broken. I was about to have a heart attack.

I placed the ring back into the box and turned towards the drawer I had it in. That's when I saw the piece of paper the the box was sitting on. It had the words "For Prinz" written on the paper. Before I put the box in the drawer, I turned towards Blizzard who was sitting next to my chair and I leaned against my desk. I looked at him before looking on the floor where a bunch of papers were. Then I looked back at Blizzard and remembered that he also made the box fly out of the drawer.

Jacob: I'm starting to see that the name "Blizzard" fits you. Look at the mess you've made. Oh well. You were cooped up in here for a while so I don't blame you for wanting to have fun. It just would've sucked if it broke before I was able to give it to Prinz.

???: Give me what, Commander.

I wasn't expecting to hear anyone's voice. It scared me so much that I threw my arms up into the air. I quickly turned around to find Prinz standing on the other side of my desk. That's when I realized the the box with the ring wasn't in my hands anymore. I started looking around in a panic, trying to find the box. I looked up at Prinz just in time to see her looking up with her hands together, sticking out, as the box fell into her hands.

Jacob: *Quickly reaches over desk to grab box from Prinz* Give that back!

Prinz: *Quickly pulls away and I miss the grab* What's in the box, Commander? *Places one hand on top half*

Jacob: Prinz, don't open that box! I'M BEGGING YOU!!

Prinz: What are you trying to hide, Commander.

Jacob: My embarrassment now give it back! *Tries to grab box again, but misses*

Prinz: I don't think so, Commander. I heard you say that you wanted to give me something is that correct?

Jacob: I'm starting to change my mind! Just give the box back!

Prinz: Is whatever you want to give me, in the box, I wonder.

Jacob: N-NO!

Prinz: Why is your face all red, Commander? You are hiding something. Oh my, Commander, your eyes are bloodshot.

I stared at Prinz with my "bloodshot" eyes, my hands clenched into fists. That's when I relaxed and swallowed my pride.

Jacob: You won. I was planning on giving you something and it is in that box. If you want...just go ahead and open it. *Looks down and to the left*

Prinz: *Starts to open box* Is that? Oh! A promise ring?!

Jacob: *Starts blushing a lot* My original plan was to give it to you after I defeated the Sirens, but in all honesty, I couldn't wait that long. It hurt me to think that it would take that long until I could finally give you the ring, so that's when I decided that I wasn't going to wait until I beat the Sirens. I literally got the ring in the morning the day of the ceremony and I was going to give it to you after a while. I've been hiding it in my desk until I was ready to give you the ring.

Prinz: Commander.

Prinz's voice came from right on the right side of me. I turned and looked at her.

Jacob: W-What?

Prinz: *Holds up left hand and slides ring onto her ring finger*

Jacob: Okay?

That's when Prinz stepped closer to me as she wrapped her arms around my neck and she kissed me. A few seconds passed and she pulled away from me. I was left there, blushing.

Prinz: How's that for an answer?

Jacob: I'm sorry, what was your answer again?

Prinz: You want another kiss...Darling?

Jacob: *thoughts* Darling?!

Jacob: You called me..."Darling." Does that mean that you...

Prinz: Yes, Commander. I accept both your feelings and your proposal.

Jacob: You're not...joking...are you?

Prinz: *Giggles* No, Commander. This time, I'm not joking.

Jacob: *Stands there speechless*

Prinz: *Giggles* I bet you're happy now.

Jacob: *Slowly nods head*

Prinz: *Leans in and kisses me again* I love you, Commander. And that too, was not a joke.

Jacob: *thoughts* yes yes yes yes yes Yes Yes Yes YES YES YES YES YES YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!

Prinz: *Giggles*

(The next day)

I was sitting in my office chair at my desk doing a bit of paperwork when my office door flew open. I quickly looked up and stood up as Akagi ran into the room.

Jacob: What's wrong Akagi?

Akagi: Commander, there are reports of Siren activity near the base.

Jacob: Get everyone ready to head out. I want to stop this Siren activity so that no one here gets hurt.

Akagi: Yes, Commander!

Then Akagi ran out of the room.

(A few hours later)

I was standing at the front of the KMS Prinz Eugen with Prinz. Everyone from all four camps followed behind us. Our fleet the largest I've ever seen it. Even Northern Parliament was with us. My arms were crossed as I looked straight ahead. That's when I heard footsteps coming towards me.

Helena: Commander, we're nearing the location of the Siren activity.

Jacob: Thank you for the update Helena.

Helena: You're welcome, Commander.

(A few minutes later)

We weren't far from the place where the Sirens were found. That's when I saw a large fleet of Sirens far off to our left. Their fleet was maybe 3/4ths the size of ours so that meant we had more ships than them. There was one thing in particular that I noticed was going on. It was one of those hostage situations where a large group of people were targeting one person. The only thing different about this was that the "hostage" was another Siren.

Jacob: I want everyone to station themselves here. I'll get closer by myself and see what's going on.

Prinz: But Jacob.

Jacob: That was an order.

Prinz: *Stays quiet for a few seconds* Yes, Commander.

Jacob: Let the others know for me Prinz. And trust me, I won't do anything stupid like fight them all by myself. I'd easily get killed.

Prinz: I will.

Jacob: Thank you.

That's when I jumped off of the ship and I landed on the water. Then I made my way towards the Sirens.

I was close to them now and I was able to see who the "hostage" was. It was Dreamweaver. I saw Arbiter floating behind another Siren as that Siren questioned Dreamweaver.

???: You're the one who help them escape weren't you?

Dreamweaver: N-no I...

???: SHUT UP! I'm tired of hearing this crap. Arbiter, can I just shoot her and get this over with?

Arbiter: Do with her as you wish, Purifier. We have no place here for traitors.

Without saying another word, the Siren known as Purifier charged up her rigging and aimed right for Dreamweaver. A few seconds later, Purifier shot at Dreamweaver.

Water flew up all around us.

Purifier: That was satisfying.

Jacob: So you're satisfied when you miss your shots from point blank? I hate to see your accuracy when trying to shoot at something far off.

Purifier: What?!

As the water cleaned, the Sirens looked to where Purifier shot. However, what they saw was not what they expected. When the water cleared, I was revealed with my head tilted slightly to the right as I stared at the Siren fleet, with Dreamweaver in my arms bridal style. My right side was facing the fleet and I could see that almost all of them were shocked, except for Arbiter.

I turned and looked down at Dreamweaver.

Jacob: Are you hurt?

Dreamweaver: N-No. Thank you for saving me.

Jacob: Don't worry about it. An eye for an eye as people say.

Dreamweaver: ...

I placed Dreamweaver down on her feet as I turned towards the Siren fleet.

Arbiter: Well well, if it isn't the host of the black mental cube.

Purifier: I don't care who he is. He stopped me from killing her, so now it's his time to...

Instantly, I was in front of Purifier as my fist was buried in her stomach.

Jacob: *Whispers* Try and hurt her again and you'll be hurting more than this. You're lucky I don't kill your ass right here and now.

That's when I slowly pulled my fist from Purifiers stomach. Then I pushed her back and she fell against another Siren.

Arbiter: Impressive. It seems you've grown a little bit stronger since the last time we've met.

Jacob: If you want, we can have another go. Just know that this time, I'm not alone.

That's when my entire fleet started towards us.

Arbiter: If that is what you wish.

Then me, the entire Siren fleet, and my entire fleet got caught inside of a mirror world.

Jacob: Let's do this right Arbiter. Get your fleet ready and I'll get mine ready. Then we'll get down to the fight. Does that sound good?

Arbiter: I guess that's fine. Do me a little favor and take that traitor trash with you. I don't want or need her here anymore.

Jacob: With pleasure. I'd be more than happy to take "Dreamweaver" with me, where she'll be cared for.

That's when I walked over to Dreamweaver, picked her up, and headed back towards my fleet.

When I got there, everyone was surprised that I brought back a Siren. That's when the questions started up.

Prinz: What are you doing with a Siren?!

Jacob: We're taking her in.

Wales: As a prisoner?

Jacob: No. She'll be apart of Azur Lane from now on.

Cleveland: You can't be serious?!

Jacob: I'm dead serious.

Enterprise: Are you aware of what this means?

Jacob: I'm well aware. I know that all of you more than likely lost trust in me now, but you need to know that she's different from the other Sirens.

Hornet: How?!

Jacob: She saved me, Shoukaku, Zuikaku, and Akagi when we were captured by the Sirens. She helped us escape. If you don't believe me, which I'm sure that's the case, then ask Zuikaku, Shoukaku, or Akagi. They'll tell you the same thing.

Illustrious: But...

Jacob: You need to take into consideration, that I always said I despise Sirens and I wanted nothing more than for them to die. I put that thought past me because I was able to see that not all Sirens are the same. Dreamweaver is different. If I can put it past me and accept someone who helped me and even when she tried to help me and I didn't believe her, yet she still helped, I think that that person can be trusted.

Wales: I guess, that that's true.

Jacob: Of all the people, I didn't expect you to be the one to say the Wales. Look, if you girls believe me and trust me on this then cool. If y'all don't trust me then that's fine and understandable, but right now, we have bigger problems to worry about. We have a major fight ahead of us so you all better be prepared. There's no telling what might happen in this fight.

Illustrious: Commander, do you truly believe we can trust her?

Jacob: *Nods head* I do.

Illustrious: Then I too believe that this is the right choice.

Jacob: Thank you, Illustrious.

Illustrious: No need, Commander. I know you mean well.

Jacob: Right. I want all ships prepared for battle! Don't let up on them at all unless youneed to retreat! Play it smart and stay safe!

Everyone: Right!

I turned around to face the Siren fleet. From the looks of it, they were ready, and so were we. Icebergs littered the battlefield. Some were smaller than others while most were massive. I raised my hand in the air, slightly above my head and I paused for a bit, my index finger pointing out. Then I bright my hand down and pointed right at the Siren fleet.

Jacob: FIRE!

That's when artillery fire rang out from behind me and from the Siren fleet. After giving the order to fire, I jumped off the front of the ship and made my way closer to the Siren fleet along with many others from Azur Lane. We neared closer to the enemy fleet as members of the enemy fleet made their way towards us. A few seconds later, I cut down my first Siren of the battle.

As I cut down the first Siren, a second one got to me. I spun and swung my swords as I cut her right under her chest and her stomach. Then I lunged forwards and kneed another Siren in her stomach and she fell to the water.

(A few minutes later)

After many fights against a few Sirens, I was now face to face with Arbiter.

Arbiter: I may have misjudged you a little. You seem to have grown much stronger, but you're still no match for me.

Jacob: You want to prove that?

Arbiter: It makes no difference to me. After I'm through with you, your precious Azur Lane will be wiped out along with you.

Jacob: Even if I die here, they'll still go on and fight. They know what's right and what's wrong.

Arbiter: Is that so? Well then, let's get on with our battle.

Jacob: I couldn't agree more.

After finishing my sentence, that's when our surroundings changed. The air got both colder and much more thinner. I started looking around and that's when I realized that we were on a platform really high above the ground.

Jacob: Where the hell are we?

Arbiter: If you're truly serious about us two battling, then we must not have any interferences. Thanks to our Siren technology, I teleported us both to a seperate Mirror World where we can go all out.

Jacob: You have technology to teleport?

Arbiter: That's right. Although, we can't use it in a fight to get the upper hand. The teleportation is for crossing to other worlds. So don't worry, you won't be beaten too badly.

Jacob: Not what I was worried about. Besides, I'm confident in my skills so I know I have a fair shot at taking you down. Even if you could teleport for fight purposes.

Arbiter: Is that so? Well then, let get on with the fight, shall we?

Jacob: Let's.

After that, we didn't say another word to each other. I slowly drew my sword and held it in my left hand as I made my other sword appear in my right hand. Then I spread my feet apart as I held my swords outwards a bit. I lowered my body a little and now,I was ready for the fight to end this war.

Jacob: I'm ready whenever you are Arbiter.

Arbiter: Then let begin.

Instantly, Arbiter shot at me with her rigging. I took off to my right as the laser hit the ground where I last stood. I stayed my distance as I circled Arbiter.

Jacob: *thoughts* Don't make any moves until you study hers. It's too reckless and I could easily be killed.

Arbiter: Trying to study my attacks now are you? Well go ahead, but it won't help.

I was surprised that she figured out my plan from the start. That's when I stepped with my right foot and I started to slide before turning my foot towards Arbiter and lunging at her. As I got to her, I swung my right sword at her neck, but she back stepped and I missed my attack. Next thing, I heard her shoot her rigging at me. My back was to her, so I jumped in the air slightly as I did a backflip. The laser hitting the ground underneath me.

I landed on the ground facing Arbiter. As I landed, Arbiter shot another laser at me so I jumped off to my left and dodged her attack. I slid to a halt as she shot another laser at me. I spun to my right as the laser passed right next to me. I pressed my right foot to the ground before pushing off the ground as I started running at her. Arbiter shot at me again and this time, I swung my left sword upwards and diagonally to the right as I cut through the laser and I continued running at Arbiter.

I got close to her again and I swung at her once more. Yet again, my attack missed and as I looked up at Arbiter, I saw a smile on her face. That's when I felt her knee strike my stomach. I coughed up a little bit of blood as I was sent flying backwards. I hit the ground on my back before I placed my right hand and both my feet on the ground as I slid backwards. As I stopped, Arbiter shot another laser at me. I jumped to my right as the laser missed and now I was crouched on the ground, holding my stomach where Arbiter hit me.

I was breathing a little heavier as pain ran throughout my stomach. That's when I remembered about the power I got from Illustrious. Instantly, I stood up and held out my left sword as it was enveloped in holy light.

Arbiter: It seems you picked up a new power. Well done.

Jacob: ...

Arbiter: What's wrong? Are you upset that I was able to harm you, yet you can't even scratch me?

Jacob: *Slowly breathed in through mouth*

Jacob: *thoughts* Alright. I fixed my breathing and I'm starting to calm myself. *Looks up at Arbiter* *Still in thoughts* I can't afford to go into a blind rage. Doing that would put me at even more of a risk than normal. I need to stay calm.

Arbiter: Is that all you've got? I was hoping for more of a challenge, but it seems that you aren't worth it after all.

Jacob: *Slowly breaths in again* I wouldn't underestimate me Arbiter. I may not look it, but I'm strong. Not only that, but I have all my friends who believe in me. That's all I need to take you down.

Arbiter: Is that so? Then let's see it.

I leaned forwards as I placed my right hand on the ground, ready to lunge at her. I stood there like that for a few seconds before I dashed towards Arbiter. Not even a second later, I was right in front of Arbiter. She looked a little surprised at my sudden increase of speed. I swung up at her, however, even though Arbiter was surprised and caught off guard, she was able to dodge my attack just before I hit her.

I quickly leaned back as Arbiter shot a laser at me, the laser passing right over me. Then I stabbed my left sword into the ground as I pressed my foot to Arbiter's stomach before pushing off of her, swinging around my sword, and placed both my feet together as I nailed Arbiter in her stomach, causing her to be sent flying away from me. I quickly pulled my sword out of the ground and lunged at Arbiter. Arbiter placed her foot on the ground and as about to shoot me. I quickly did a low sweep as I kicked her foot, causing her to lose balance and she started to fall backwards. Right after I kicked Arbiter's foot, she shoot a laser and it flew over me.

I got back onto my feet as I swung down, diagonally, and to the left with my right sword. My sword would slash right through her neck and all the way through her body. That's when everything went into slow motion, just as my sword was about to make contact with Arbiter.

Jacob: *thoughts* This is it. It's all over now. The war is over. Finally, I can end her and this war. She's through!

My sword was meer seconds away from hitting Arbiter, but that was when the sword in my right hand disappeared and I was struck in my left cheek. Everything was moving normally now and I flew away from Arbiter as I bounced off the ground a couple of times before I landed on my feet. As I slid to a stop, I looked up to see what stopped me from ending Arbiter, and standing right in front of her, was my evil self.

Jacob: *thoughts* I was so close to ending it all. Only to be stopped by that?! You have to be kidding me. I was so close!

That's when Arbiter stood up as my evil self pointed its sword at me.

Arbiter: I guess that that's enough for now. We'll pick up this fight on a later note.

Then a portal formed behind Arbiter and she turned to face it as she stepped towards it.

Jacob: You're not leaving!

I quickly lunged at Arbiter as I grabbed my sword in both hands and raised it above my head. As I got close to Arbiter, I swund down at her. Right as my attack was about to hit her, my evil self jumped in the way and blocked my attack with its sword.

Jacob: Get outta my way!

I turned and kicked at my evil self, but he jumped out of the way right as Arbiter walked through the portal and then, the portal disappeared.

Jacob: *thoughts* You have to be kidding me! I could have killed her and ended this all right here and now! Why now of all times for it to start a fight?! And why did my sword disappear when my evil self showed up?

First Host: I should have told you this sooner, but the sword you acquired from the cube can't be used when your evil self appears. Actually, the sword it is using right now is the sword you acquired from the mental cube. If you're using that sword when your evil self shows up, then it will leave your possession and instead it will be in its possession.

Jacob: *thoughts* Yeah, that would have been helpful from the start.

First Host: I know. This one is on me. However, you need to know that something's off about your evil self this time. It's way stronger than normal, so be careful.

Jacob: *thoughts* Thanks for the heads up and I will.

First Host: I'll be going now.

Jacob: Alright.

After the First Host finished talking, I readied myself for another fight. The very moment I was ready, my evil self was right in front of me. I was caught off guard and my evil self punched me in my stomach. I was sent flying away from it. I managed to plant my feet to the ground as I slid to a stop. I looked up just in time to see my evil self right in front of me again, but this time it was swinging at me with its sword. I quickly swung at my evil self as our swords clashed and sparks flew from our swords.

I bent down and side-stepped to my left as I pushed right with my sword, causing my evil self's sword to slide off of my sword. Then I pulled my left hand to my right shoulder and made my hand into a fist as I swung at my evil self, trying to back hand him and create some distance. The very moment my hand was about to make contact with my evil self's face, it disappeared. That's when everything was moving in slow motion again. I looked to my left with a surprised look on my face as all I saw was my evil self punch me in my left cheek and a huge amount of pain ran through my head. I was thrown to my right and as I thought I was about to land on the ground, I didn't. The next thing I knew, I was looking up at the platform before everything went dark and I blacked out while falling towards the ground.

(Back with the Azur Lane fleet.)

(Belfast's P.O.V)

We managed to wipeout most of the Siren fleet while the ones that remanded started to retreat. I had just finished taking care of a Siren when I came upon Enterprise.

(Insert "Azur Lane the Animation OST - Urgency" here)

Belfast: Enterprise! Have you seen the Commander?

Enterprise: Belfast. No I haven't seen him since the battle started.

Belfast: Where could he be I wonder? Did he go to fight the leader alone?

Enterprise: That's a strong possibility.

That's when I heard a strange noise come from the sky and then I saw something falling towards the ocean. Upon closer inspection, I saw that it was Jacob who was falling.

Belfast: Master!

(Jacob's P.O.V)

I finally started to open my eyes as wind rushed through my hair and passed my body.

Jacob: *thoughts* What happened to me? Did I black out? The last thing I remember was fighting my evil self.

I started looking around and I saw that I was falling. Then I heard something above me and when I looked, I saw my evil self falling towards me with its sword in it's hand.

Jacob: Ready for round two then.

Then I drew my sword as I clashed with my evil self. We were now spinning in the air as we were falling towards the ocean. We broke from our clash as I swung my sword at my evil self, but it blocked my attack. Then my evil self slashed at me and I blocked the attack. We broke from our clash again and I swung at my evil self once more. He blocked my attack as I quickly pulled back and slashed again. My attack was about to hit my evil self, but then he vanished and I missed.

I started looking around in a panic, trying to find where my evil self went. I was facing the ocean's surface as I was falling. I was still really high up.

First Host: Fall with your back facing down. Your evil self is much faster than before and on top of that, it can teleport. It can't teleport behind you if you're falling with your back facing the ocean. I'll help you out and let you know where the attack will come from.

Then I spun to where my back was facing the ocean's surface. At first nothing was happening.

First Host: Your right side.

That's when I looked to my right and saw my evil self coming at me from my right. I picked up my sword and blocked the attack. I started spinning to my left as my evil self came back and attacked from my left side. I blocked the attack again as sparks flew from our swords. I blocked another attack as sparks flew.

First Host: You need to break free.

Jacob: *thoughts* I know I'm working on it.

That's when my evil self came at me again. I grabbed its shirt and placed my feet on its stomach as I jumped off of him and was heading right for a huge iceberg. I landed on the iceberg and I started running down the side before I started sliding down the iceberg. Then I jumped off the iceberg and now I was heading right for my evil self. A few seconds later, I held my arms out as I slammed into my evil self and we started spinning in the air. Then, we slammed into another huge iceberg as the whole iceberg broke into smaller chunks. We slammed through the iceberg and now we were on the other side. I was on top my evil self as I pulled my right fist back. Before I was able to punch my evil self, he punched me in my face. I almost lost grip on his shirt, but I pulled my leg back and kicked my evil self in the stomach.

We were still falling towards the ocean's surface. My evil self slashed at me, but I blocked its attack. Then my evil self punched me in my face and I was sent flying. A few seconds later, I slammed into the top part of a smaller iceberg. The top part broke off and now I was spinning really fast. I noticed that my evil self was coming right for me, so I reached out with my right hand, grabbed my evil self by the head, spun, and threw him towards the ocean. Then I landed on another iceberg. Then I jumped off the iceberg at my evil self. I was now right in front of my evil self. He stabbed at me, but I blocked it with my sword before turning and slashing through my evil self's stomach before I fell into the ocean, back first.

I started sinking in the water now as my head started to hurt. I felt the water pressure increase and it started to hurt. It hurt so much that I opened my mouth due to the pain. Then I realized that I couldn't breath. I quickly started swimming for the water's surface, my oxygen slowly leaving my lungs. Right as I was about to breach the surface, my lungs started to hurt. A second later, my head emerged from the water as I gasped for air. Then I started coughing as I tried to breath.

???: Master!

As I was breathing heavily, I turned to my left and saw Belfast heading right for me. Next thing I knew, I was being lifted out of the water.

Belfast: Thank goodness you're safe, Master.

Jacob: *Breathes heavily*

Enterprise: Are you okay, Commander?

Jacob: *Slowly nods head as I cough*

Cleveland: Someone come help out the Commander! We need to get him somewhere warm.

Jacob: *thoughts* What does she mean by 'somewhere warm'? I don't feel cold. Actually, now that I think about it, I can't feel anything at all.

I continued to breath heavily and I coughed here and there, but a few minutes later, I was on board the USS Enterprise. I was laying in a bed with tons of blankets on top of me. It felt so warm and I was now able to feel the rest of my body.

Illustrious: Commander, are you okay?!

Jacob: *In low voice* I'm...just fine. I just...need to rest a bit.

Illustrious: Please stop talking and get plenty of rest. You fought hard in that battle so you need rest.

Jacob: Thank you, everyone, for caring for me and believing in me. I'll wake up in a little while so don't worry.

After that, my vision started to go dark, and a few seconds later, I passed out from exhaustion.

End Part 17: The Secret's Out.

Announcer Jacob: Sorry for the long wait everyone. I was busy with writing my other story for awhile and for about a day I was playing games with some of my friends. Again, I apologize for the wait, but I hope you can forgive me with this part. I worked really hard to make that, at least to me, epic fight scene. I also made the part a tad bit longer since I didn't work on this story for a good bit. Well, that's it for now. See ya in the next part everyone!

Shoutout to @Killroy122496 and @ChaoticDivinity for being such big supporters of this story, as well as everyone else who reads this story and comments. I really appreciate the love and support. Also, Killroy122496, I hope you enjoyed the re-entry of Dreamweaver. NOW, that's it until the next part. See ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 777 25
"Not one step back!" -Admiral of the Fleet Bernard York Lancaster, 2102 Humanity has endured countless calamities in the 21st century, and the transi...
3.6K 87 115
(Azur Lane X Girls frontline X The Division X World of Warships) "I'll only say it once and once only, I am the only one who can stop this madness bu...
13.4K 430 27
During the Siren-Human War, Montpelier got captured and the sirens Experimented her And a week later while Cleveland, Columbia and Denver search for...
56.7K 1.2K 34
Y/n! An Anotherworlder person. He tries to find peace and last resort, he finally finds it, or he thought! The attack of the Sirens! Azur Lane VS Cri...