Returning to Devildom (Obey M...

By Rosela2020

The girl thought herself as normal as everybody else, only to find herself unraveling secrets that she lost b... More

Dear Reader
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS OF THE STORY
Chapter 1: Forgotten Memory
Chapter 2: Deanne, Jate, and Amadio
Chapter 3: Help is in the Library
Chapter 4: Treasure in the Attic
Chapter 5: Treasures of the Past Year
Chapter 6: Unboxing Presents
Chapter 7: The Wicked Sorcerer isn't actually Wicked
Chapter 9: The House of Lamentation
Chapter 10: Night with Nightmares
Chapter 11: Unknown Order
Chapter 12: The Story of the Pacts We've Made
Chapter 13: Hard Times Come By
Chapter 14: Second First Day at RAD and a Broken Spell
Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku
Chapter 16: Once Upon a Sweet Dream
Chapter 17: Get a Safe Idea
Chapter 18: Solomon's Solution
Chapter 19: Charmed to Tell the Tale
Chapter 20: Olakishon
Chapter 21: The Fun we had in London
Chapter 22: The Story of a Lower-Level Demon
Chapter 23: His Concerns
Chapter 24: Playlist
Chapter 25: Baby Luci
Chapter 26: First Day on the Job
Chapter 27: Lost Baby
Chapter 28: All I Ever Need in the Planetarium
Chapter 29: RAD is Rad when it is Normal
Chapter 30: Mammon's Furball Fate
Chapter 31: Heart Shot by the Masochist
Chapter 32: Before the Search Began
Chapter 33: Go Out With Me?
Chapter 34: The Nickname and the Fights
Chapter 35: I Need Your Time
Chapter 36: Breather
Chapter 37: Cook-Off
Chapter 38: Doll
Chapter 39: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 40: Not a School for Bunnies
Chapter 41: Asmo's Date
Chapter 42: Alice
Chapter 43: A Brawl in the Basement

Chapter 8: Welcome Back to Devildom

162 5 3
By Rosela2020

MERIELLE'S POV

     "You mean to say that... you are the one who saved me?" I asked Mammon.

     He smiled brightly. "Yep," he said proudly. "And you should be grateful because THE Mammon saved you. It doesn't come cheap! Let's see... I will accept cash, but if you have anything more of value, I will take those, too."

     "Need I remind you that even I was there, too, Mammon, and so does the rest of our brothers. We won't ask anything in return, you scumbag," Lucifer said and hit Mammon in the head.

     "OW! HEY! Stop hitting me, will ya? It hurts..." Mammon said as he rubbed his head.

     "That's the whole point of doing it," Lucifer said as he narrowed his eyes on Mammon.

     "Well, there is ice on the fridge. I can get them for you and place it on your head. It will surely make you feel better," I said with concern. They don't sound dangerous, anyway. It looks like it, but doesn't really act like it.

     Mammon whimpered, "Thank you, Merielle. Are you an angel? You are so kind to me,"

     "Merielle does have the blood of an angel running through her veins. Do you think that's where it all came from?" Solomon teased.

     "No, Merielle is just like that and it is good," Lucifer said with a smile, his hand on his chest.

     "You don't mean that literally, don't you? That I have the blood of an angel?" I said as I giggled.

     The three stared at me. "What?" I asked.

     Solomon sighed. "Uhh... right. You still haven't remembered anything from the past."

     "Don't worry, Merielle. We will tell you everything. We will help you remember!"Mammon said.

     "Well, that is perfect!" I said happily.

     Mammon went up to me and placed his right arm around me. "And what better place to do that than in the Devildom! Who knows? You might suddenly get familiar with the place or you might remember something there even just for a little bit. Hopefully more. Whaddya think, Lucifer?"

     Lucifer nodded and said, "Hmm... I agree. But would Merielle be okay with going back to Devildom?"

     I smiled a big smile. Like, the biggest smile I could ever give to him. "Are you kidding? YES!"

     Solomon laughed. "Well, she is in high spirits."

     "Yeah. And still energetic," Mammon said, pulling me closer to him.

     "Her past memories of us may be gone for now, but I am happy to know that we came back to the same old Merielle," Lucifer said.

     "Let's go!" Mammon announced and lifted me up.

     "WOAH! HEY! WAIT A SECOND! What are you going to do?" I asked him.

     "I am gonna give you a good ride back to that thing that gets us here from Devildom in a really fun way!" Mammon said and ran straight to my window... and jumped through it!

     "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed.

     We are falling down! I hold on and gripped on Mammon's neck and buried my face in his chest as we fell.

     "You can look now," Mammon whispered gently to my ear.

     "No!" I said.

     "Come on. You don't wanna miss the good view of your city up in the air, doncha?" Mammon said.

      I looked up and my eyes met his. Our faces are close to each other. I could feel my cheeks burning. I must be blushing! I quickly turned away and just looked at the city below while still holding tightly onto Mammon.

     "What was that all about Mammon?" I turned and saw Lucifer staring angrily at Mammon.

     "I am just giving her a-" Mammon started.

     "A good scare, Mammon," Solomon interrupted. He is flying on his own and he does it without wings! "Just look at her. You really scared her. Come on, Merielle. Don't be afraid to tell him"

     "Yeah. He did give me quite a scare," I said.

     "But that's okay," I said calmly. I don't want a fight to start. Especially not mid-air. "I am okay as long as this is a smooth flight and I won't fall a thousand feet above the ground."

     "Yeah. Like something like that is going to- H-HEY! WOAH!" Mammon said. He was talking all confidently until someone from above us shot some kind of an energy ball.

     "Grr..." Lucifer said and he looked above us and so does everyone else.

     There above us is a figure in a black, hooded cloak. The cloak is too long and it covers his or her whole body, even the person's face! Whoever this is is flying using a broom.

     "How dare that witch to attack us!" Lucifer said angrily as he flew above to try to catch the witch. I noticed that he is lighting up in black flames. "Solomon! Mammon! Get Merielle to safety!"

     "You don't have to tell us that," Mammon answered Lucifer and looked at me. "Ya better hold on tight."

     "Go ahead, Mammon. I'll watch your back," Solomon said and went behind us.

     I gripped tighter on to Mammon as he flew faster. Lightning struck in the dark clouds above us and I honestly am getting scared.

     "What about Lucifer?" I asked, concerned.

     "That guy is not the firstborn for nothing. He'll survive. You'll see. Right now, we have to get to the magic seal," Mammon said.

     "Wait! Mammon! Don't tell me we are taking her to-" Solomon said which Mammon interrupted.

     "Lucifer said to take her to somewhere safe, right? What better than- G'AAHH!" Mammon almost got hit by another energy orb. He flew left and it missed him.

     I saw Lucifer flying down towards us. He flew in front of me and Mammon.

     "I can't believe I am saying this, but Mammon might be right," Lucifer said. "No one here in the human world can protect Merielle from that witch."

     "But Lucifer, don't you think there'll be more of that witch's allies down in Devildom?" Solomon asked.

     "Maybe, but we have to take the risk," Lucifer said. He really sounds frustrated. "At least there will be some demons who will protect her there."

     "A demon protecting a human? So guardian demons exist now?" Mammon asked teasingly.

     "Feel free to not guard Merielle when she is in Devildom, Mammon. After all, you might be too stupid for it," Lucifer said angrily.

     "Hey! I'll protect her better than anyone! I was the one you instructed to be her guardian the first year she came to Devildom. I can do it again!" Mammon defended.

     I heard Solomon sigh somewhere at the back.

     We landed at a dark alley. Lucifer did something and not long enough, a light came out of nowhere and suddenly, we are not in my country anymore. We are in a street filled with shops and demons and other creatures walking around and seems to be having a normal time.

     "Solomon, you better get back. We will take care of Merielle," Lucifer said.

     "Of course," Solomon said and he turned to me. "You will call, won't you?"

     "But how can I-" I said incompletely. He took off and left before I could even finish my sentence.

     "We'd better get back to the House of Lamentation. Now. I still have to report this to Diavolo," Lucifer said and flew.

     Mammon carried me once more and we took off as well.

     "Who is Diavolo?" I asked Mammon.

     "You really forgot everything, doncha? Even all the fun you had here the last time you were... ya know... here?" Mammon said. I can tell he is really sad.

     "I'm sorry, but yes," I answered. "I lost my memories in a car accident. I would have died there if you, Lucifer, and four more boys did not take me to a hospital."

     "Mhhh.. well... those other four boys are my brothers. You'll meet them soon. They are at the House of Lamentation by now. You will meet them soon. You actually saw two of them today without even knowing," Mammon said.

     "What? How?" I asked.

     "Remember the snake and the fly in the attic of your house? Those are my brothers who transformed into an animal," Mammon explained.

     "Woah..." I exclaimed. "What about that cute crow? Who is that? Is it another transformed demon?"

     I saw Mammon's cheeks turning a shade of red.

     "Y-you thought that the crow was cute, eh?" Mammon said.

     "Yeah, of course. I love animals. Especially birds," I said. "So, who is that bird?"

     "That... uh... outta be me," he answered, his face flushing hideously red.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 15.1K 26
How lucky you are! Yes, you, get to spend a year down in Devildom with 7 charming boys at your side. With seven demon lords standing tall with a dead...
16K 1K 45
"I hate you so much. I hate the joy I feel whenever I'm around you. I hate it. I hate that stupid poker face of yours, but most of all, I hate myself...
518K 7.7K 76
This is my very first fanfic! It is about a new game called Obey Me! in which MC (that's you) spends a year in the Devildom living in the House of La...
283K 11.1K 64
You are an exchange student to the world of devildom where you meet 7 demon brothers and so many others. The second eldest became your guardian durin...