Our Little Miracle

By luvbug14

Charlotte Lawson is your average cheerleader. Rich. Preppy. Dating the football player. Max Montgomery is you... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten

Chapter Five

83 5 0
By luvbug14

Hey guys!

Here's the fifth chapter for you all! It isn't edited so point out any mistakes you see and I'll get then fixed right away!

Enjoy!!

**********

It has been four weeks.

Its been four weeks since Zach has said a word to me.

Four weeks since Zach and I have had a movie night, or even one of those brother/sister talks we have all the time..

My mom has warmed up to the fact that she is going to have a grandchild, and honestly, she seems a little excited. My dad, well, he's the complete opposite. He works whenever he has the chance to.

And now I was waiting for Max to pick me up from my house to bring us to our 10 weeks checkup. The day where we would get to hear our baby's heartbeat.

Its fair to say that Max and I have gotten closer over the past few weeks that we've known about the baby.

Our relationship is only friends, but obviously, I'm pregnant with his kid.

After five minutes of waiting, Max's car finally pulled into my driveway. I grabbed my purse and walked out to his car.

I sat in the passenger seat, not forgetting to buckle up.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked.

I smiled. "Good, I'm doing good."

He smiled. "Good."

"Are you excited to see and hear the baby's heartbeat?" I asked.

Max nodded with a small smile upon his face. "Yeah, I definitely am."

I smiled. "So am I."

The rest of the drive to the clinic was a silent one, both of us off into our own world of thoughts.

We arrived at the doctor and we got called into Dr. White's room, after we finished filling out some papers.

He took my weight, temperature, blood pressure, and all of that stuff, as they will continue to do throughout my pregnancy.

"So, Charlotte, how have you been feeling?" Dr. White asked, when we got into his room.

"Well, I've gotten rid of my morning sickness. It comes every now and then but not quite as often. Otherwise, I've been feeling fine, not much different." I said.

He smiled. "Well that is good to here." Dr. White looked to Max and back to me. "And would this be the father?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, let's get you up on the bed and check up on the baby." He said, putting his gloves on and getting the machine ready.

Max helped me up onto the bed and I lied down, lifting my shirt up to my chest.

The doctor squirted the blue gel onto my stomach and started to moved the doppler around to try and I find the baby's heartbeat.

And then I heard the sound I have been dying to hear since my last checkup. A fast heartbeat filled the silent room.

Max gasped and I looked up to him. "What?"

"Is it supposed to be that fast?" He asked, a little worried. Yet, I could still see that smile on his face underneath the worry.

I laughed, as did the doctor. "It is fast, but it is perfectly healthy."

I felt the happy tears building up in my eyes and Max squeezed my hand. This moment was truly special.

Dr. White rubbed the gel off of my stomach and unhooked the doppler, while Max helped me off the bed.

We all took our seats and White explained what would happen in between now and our next appointment.

"Well right now your uterus is the size of a grapefruit and instead of an embryo, your baby is now a fetus. The baby is about an inch and a half long, or about the size of a prune. The bones and cartilage are also now forming and the outline of the spine might be able to be seen clearly in the picture. How many copies would you guys like?" He asked.

I thought about it for a minute. "Could we get five copies?"

Dr. White nodded. "Of course, I'll be right back with those."

He left the room, leaving Max and I alone in there.

"Why five copies?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Well, one for you and one for me. Then I didn't know if you'd want to give one to your parents, or not. I'm going to give one to mine and Zach, if he wants it."

Max smiled sadly. "Have you talked to him at all yet?"

I shook my head. "He hasn't said a word to me in the past month, Max."

"I'm sorry."

I shrugged again. "It is what it is."

Dr. White came in a few minutes later and handed me the ultrasound pictures. "Do you two have any questions for me?"

I nodded. "When will I start to show?"

"This is a common one," He smiled. "Well, it all depends on your body frame. And you are pretty small for your age, so I would say at around twelve to thirteen weeks you will definitely notice a difference, but it can be covered easily by looser clothing."

I nodded with a smile. "Okay, thank you."

Max and I left the clinic and he decided that he would take me out for lunch, even after I argued against it several times.

Max and I were silent along the drive to Subway, but the sound of my phone ringing broke the silence.

Without looking at who was calling, I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, uh, Charlotte. Can we talk?"

I was surprised and little overjoyed to hear the voice that I had. "Zach?"

"Yeah, I just really need to talk with you. I miss you, Char." He said.

Before I got the chance to reply, a bright light flashed into my eyes and a car slammed right into the side of the car, flipping our car off the road.

"Charlotte?" I heard.

I looked around me to see blood and my hands immediately flew to my stomach. "Max, there's a lot of blood."

And then everything went black.

*****

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw that I was in a hospital.

What the hell?

I tried sitting up, but felt a sharp pain in my stomach and my hands flew to my stomach, my eyes starting to get teary.

The car accident.

The sound of a light knock came through my door. The door opened revealing a red eyed Max, my mom, and Zach.

"Honey, are you okay?" My mom asked. "You had us all worried."

I shook my head, the tears rolling down my cheeks. "The baby. Is the baby okay?"

My mom nodded. "The baby is perfectly fine."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "But the blood.."

"The blood was from your head, you lost so much it caused you to pass out." She said.

I silently thanked God.

I looked behind my mother and saw Max and Zach.

Max looked shot. His eyes were red and you could tell that he had been crying, obviously worried that we had lost the baby.

Zach stood there quietly, looking at the ground.

"I'll leave you three alone, while I go sort some things out with the doctor." My mom said quietly, leaving the room.

Max came over to me and hugged me, crying into my shoulder. It was a weird feeling, Max hugging me, but it was kind of nice and comforting.

My arms wrapped around him, hugging him back.

Zach cleared his throat and Max stepped away from me, wiping his eyes. "I'll talk to you later, Charlotte."

Max left the room and Zach came and sat at the edge of my bed.

We sat in silence, looking at each other.

"Char, I was so worried when you didn't answer me back." Zach said, breaking the silence.

"I'm okay now," I said softly.

Zach shook his head. "No you aren't, Charlie."

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean, Zach?"

"You aren't okay. You are having a baby and you needed someone to be there for you for these past few weeks, and instead of me being there for you, I ignored you." He said.

"Zach, its fine, I understand."

"No, its not fine." He said, shaking his head. "I'm a horrible brother."

"Zach, I slept with your best friend and got pregnant. It wouldn't have been fair to you if I just expected you to help me through it." I said.

"That's the thing, Char. You slept with my best friend, but that isn't even the problem anymore. You should expect me to help you through it, because I'm your brother and regardless of what you did, I am supposed to always be there for you." Zach said his voice cracking.

"Zach, its fine, all siblings have fights." I said.

He nodded. "Please tell me that Max hasn't been a dick."

I smiled and shook my head. "No, he's been great. I mean, he denied it at first, but I think he is going to take responsibility for his actions."

Zach sighed. "Why him, Charlie?"

I shrugged lightly. "Sean had just cheated on me and I don't know what was wrong with Max, but we both felt like crap and it just kind of happened."

"Would you take it back?" He asked.

I thought about it, but then I shook my head. "No, because despite the fact I'm only 17, I think this baby is going to be good for the both of us. Its not ideal, but we're gonna get through it. I can't get through it without you by my side though, Zach."

"You're not going to have to. I don't forgive you or Max for going behind my back, but I support you guys." He said and then he gave me a hug.

My heart warmed up, knowing that I had my brother back.

"I'll send Max in, okay?" He said, getting up from my bed.

I nodded, but then I stopped him. "Zach?"

"Yeah, Charlie?"

"Is dad here?" I asked softly.

Zach's face saddened and he looked hesitant, but then shook his head. "No, I'm sorry.. He said he couldn't leave work."

I nodded. "Okay."

Zach left the room and a few minutes later, Max walked in, taking the chair beside my bed.

"You're still here?" I asked him.

Max nodded. "Of course I am."

I sighed. "Max, we could've lost the baby. I don't know what I would do if I lost this baby."

"I know, Char."

"I'm starting to accept that there is a baby inside of me, and losing it, that would've broke me." I said.

"Can I feel your stomach?"

I looked at him weirdly, but nodded, lifting up my shirt.

He placed his hands onto my barely noticeable baby bump and then he whispered, "I'm so glad you're okay, baby."

I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling.

When Max leaned down and kissed my stomach though, I couldn't help the tears that rolled down my cheeks.

He stood up and put his hands in his pockets. "My parents are making me go to school today, so I'll come back here after and check up on you."

I smiled and nodded. "Okay, I'll see you later then."

He gave me a smile and walked out of the hospital room.

I placed my hands on my stomach and smiled. "You're going to have your mommy and your daddy in your life. Both of them."

After hours of watching hospital tv and eating hospital food, I was definitely ready to check out of this place.

Max had came back after school so that he could check me out of the hospital and bring me home.

A light knock came from the door and my nurse walked in. "I have your release forms right here and you are safe to go home. I am going to need you to take it easy for awhile and rest."

Max turned the other way while I got changed into my sweatpants and sweatshirt. Since Max's car was pretty totalled, mine and Zach's car was sitting outside so that Max could drive me home in that.

The car ride to my parents house was silent. I couldn't wait to get home to my own bed and shower and eat some real food, because I was starving.

"What do you want the baby to be?" Max asked, breaking the silence.

I smiled. "I want a boy."

Max shook his head. "Well, there is definitely a girl in there."

I laughed. "And how would you know that?"

He shrugged. "I just know."

Max pulled into my driveway and turned off the car.

"Are you just walking back to your place?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'll stop by tomorrow after I am done with football practice."

"You don't have to," I said.

"I know, but I want to." He smiled.

Max waited for me to get into the house and then he walked to his own.

After I showered, I changed into my normal night time attire and then lied down in my bed.

I quickly fell asleep, with my hands on my little bundle of joy.

*********

A/N

This chapter was another short one, but I promise you that the next chapter will definitely be longer!

Okay, well I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Vote, Comment, and Follow! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 8.7K 37
Aria Montgomery is like any other teenager. She likes her life and is content in it. Not very popular and certainly not very beautiful -or so she thi...
214K 2.5K 33
Dylan Morris 23 year old who attends the University of Alabama, just got the chance of a lifetime. she was promoted to the captain of the cheerleadin...
2.4K 58 18
Charlotte is your average teenage 16 year old trying to get through High School until she meets someone that she didn't know that will turn around he...
4.5K 13 56
Callie has the perfect life; she's a cheerleader, popular, and part of a wealthy family. And despite her being blessed in every factor of her life, s...