The Crown

chofachofachofa

It was the first thing he saw when his eyes opened for the first time. The glistening, golden glow shining in... Еще

INTRODUCTION
PART ONE - THE BEGINNING OF THE END
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
PART TWO - AN ATTACK ON SANITY
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
PART THREE - THE END
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
PART FOUR - RECONCILIATION AND HEARTACHES
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
PART FIVE - A CATASTROPHIC HAPPY RESOLUTION
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
lil vote
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2
Epilogue - 3
Epilogue - 4
Epilogue - 5
C O N T E S T
CONTEST (part 2)

Chapter Thirty Five

1.8K 63 4
chofachofachofa

Pressed against one another in the middle of a fit of sudden passion, their hands moved fast.

Tobias had no control over his actions. He grabbed her forearms and pulled her closer, minimizing the space between them. He had always cherished every kiss against Beatrice's lips, but now that she was gone, any sentimental value he had placed went with her. 

Lauren moved her hand to the back of his head, pushing him down further. My father would throw me into a convent if he saw me know ... how exciting! She dug her nails into his scalp, keeping her hold on him. 

She pulled away panting, staring into his face. He seemed to be at the brink of tears, but unconscious of the face himself. She reached and wiped away a tear with her fingers before leaning forward and resuming what she had started.

"We can not be doing this," Tobias interrupted, moving his mouth from hers, looking to the side.

Lauren sighed and pressed a kiss to his exposed neck. "I need this," she whispered against him, pressing more kisses to him. "You broke my heart. You broke it, and now, you need to this for me...for you."

Tobias whimpered, not pulling away from her repeated contact. Her words made him feel guilty in a way he did not comprehend. Somehow, she had convinced him that their failed engagement was his fault. That he needed to amend.

How many women have I hurt? he thought grimly as he reluctantly tilted his head toward her and let her reconnect their lips. By loving Beatrice, I embarrassed Lauren.

He sneered, firmly closing his eyes to prevent any more tears from escaping. Not only Lauren, but our Family is ruined. Loving Beatrice killed her.

And that guilt made him sick to the core because he vowed to never feel guilty for his relationship with her.

Lauren groaned, pulling back at the realization that she was the only one participating. "I have suitors lining up for me, and you do not even look in my direction!" she scoffed. "Has this servant really scarred you so much?"

He furrowed his brows and looked at her. "She did no such thing."

She let out a sigh and raked her hands against his chest, leaning into him. "Do not dwell any further in the past," she whispered against his ear. "Be with me, in the present."

He succumbed to her, drenched in guilt and sorrow.

There was a time that Tobias entertained dozens of women without a care in the world. Not in any particular precision of appearance of title, he found solace in the company of another. A company that did not need to pass through his father's vetting process. A company that lasted a couple of hours through the night, to which he would awake once more in solitude.

That was, until, he found himself no longer running after such a life. Where he found in someone a person he longed to wake up to each morning for the rest of time. A woman he had no desire to pursue intimately because her mere presence brought him enough joy and completion.

Beatrice.

He could visibly remember the first time he ever slept beside her. Trapped in that small bed in the servant quarters, he was able to have her in his arms. And, he enjoyed every moment of it.

Lost in memories, Tobias did not feel anything as Lauren stripped away their articles of clothing. She straddled above him, reaching down and pressing their mouths against each other.

His mind fell blank.

He felt himself move and react, yet at the same time, as if he were watching from afar. He was in no control of his body, but responded and engaged with the princess on top of him. 

When Lauren finally sighed in release, lying down beside the prince, he felt all his senses come back together. She complained about the roughness of the grass on her bare skin, rambling on as she caught her breath.

Tobias stared up at the night sky. The prickly grass around him was nothing compared to what he felt within. Nothing mattered any longer. His hands stretched and caressed the grass, closing his eyes at the memory of Beatrice sitting in the rougher, dryer grass when they had visited her village. She sat there and did not complain once, so why should he have something to complain about?

He tilted his head to the woman beside him, blinking away the tears that blurred his vision. Perhaps it was the exhaustion from the long day, or his mind slowly slipping further into despair, but Tobias found himself staring at Beatrice laying beside him.

Beatrice slowly turned her head to him and smiled. He felt her hand wrap around his, causing him to gasp softly. She giggled at his reaction, inching forward to him until their faces were inches apart.

He reached out with his free hand and cupped the side of her face, basking in her imaginary presence. He smiled and lifted her chin toward him softly to enjoy her appearance. She smiled and closed her eyes, drifting to sleep in his arms.

"I love you," He told her as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. He lifted her face higher by her chin and leaned in, brushing their lips against each other. "I love you," he whispered before pressing his mouth to hers.

Marcus sat in the chair in front of the cell, staring at the sleeping prisoner. 

Once again, he had retreated four stories below the castle to think. Something about watching the helpless woman locked up in a cell by his doing offered him the serenity to think over things.

True to the myth, Beatrice opened her eyes at the feeling of being looked at. She made no sudden movements, blinking to recognize the King sitting in front of her cell, staring at her once more. She inhaled deeply, signaling she was awake. 

Marcus stood and approached the bars. 

"Stop being a coward and kill me already," she told him, refusing to sit up.

He shook his head, wrapping his hand around the cold metal. "It seems you are the coward here, Miss Prior."

He pushed open the cell doors and walked through, reaching for the dagger on his waist. He slowly pulled it out and watched disappointedly at the lack of fear on her face. He flicked the dagger toward her, letting the sharp tip glide against her jaw. 

"You were right," he said slowly, crouching to her level, his dagger still on her. "I have already taken everything from you. What more could I offer?"

She stared at him.

"Perhaps keeping you here while Tobias lives his life above you is the final thing I could offer you," he taunted. "The dreadful fate you will carry out within this cell, knowing Tobias is starting a family with another woman."

Beatrice would have told him she did not believe a word he said, but something inside her did. Marcus, amused he had finally broken through to her fears, stood. He reached into his pocket and straightened out a folded paper, handing it to her.

Her breath hitched as she read over the words. A guest list, most likely to her funeral service. Certainly, since her family's names were written on there. Her eyes read over each name and paused at one, fear sinking in.

Princess Lauren.

She glanced up at the King, who grinned down at her.

"I will be sure to send you a photograph of their wedding day," he told her, turning away to leave. 

A tear slipped past Beatrice's eyes and onto the paper. Could he have truly invited her? To my own funeral? Is he this desperate to move on from our relationship?

Marcus looked over his shoulder, satisfied she was crying. He covered himself in his cloak and journeyed up the stairs, leaving his prisoner alone once more.

Beatrice closed her eyes and bent over. She could not help her tears, clutching the guest list in her hand.

I should have never accepted that job as a servant.

I should have never fallen in love with a Prince.

The soldier should have shot me while Christina and I were at the bottom of the stairs.

The glass should have cut me and allowed me to bleed to death during the first attack.

Evelyn should have stabbed me when she was under the simulation.

I should be dead.

She should be dead.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

906K 25.8K 48
Beatrice Prior is a princess. Great, right? Wrong. Of course her parents are nice, the King and queen, but they work all day. Her brother's the same...
115K 1.4K 102
#42 in Divergent (08/15/2018) #7 in Tris Prior (08/15/2018) #8 in Tobias Eston (08/15/2018) Disclaimer: I do not own the Divergent Series. FourTris p...
9.5K 317 60
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
347K 7.8K 38
After Allegiant, tris wakes up and figures out she never died, but everyone thinks she was, she was simply in a comma for a year then tested on for a...