SplatFreaks

Por YuriHaven

A journey of justice for all those who are outcasted Do not fear, because one day, you will get your reward f... Más

~One~
~Two~
~Three~
~Five~
~Six~
~Seven~
~Eight~
~Nine~

~Four~

122 3 2
Por YuriHaven

Meggy walks slowly across the 6 feet she was limited to, looking at the 7 teenagers and 1 adult in front of her. She inhales and prepares to speak, wanting to see what she was working with. "...Alright......lets do it like this.." Meggy thinks for a moment. "You come up, say what makes you a freak, and we'll have a small little battle to show how you can use those effectively. Ok?"
Desti raised her hand excitedly, smiling, her pink cheeks weirdly...pinker.
"Yes sweetheart?" Meggy smiles.
"Can I go first?" Desti smiles.
"I already know the answers to your questions." Meggy chuckles.
"How?" Desti crosses her arms with a smirk.
"I literally watched you come out of your mother." Meggy snaps back to her child's sass.
Desti thinks for a moment and slowly lowers her hand.

Meggy waits for one of them to raise their hands. She stared and stared, confused why they were suddenly nervous.
Finally the brave soldier came up.

"Hello." She smiles, adjusting her glasses and tightening her hairtie. "I guess I'll go first."
"Whats your name?" Meggy looks down at her.
"Koral. With a K." She chuckles. "I have photographic memory and Im a hybrid creature."
Meggy raises her eyebrows, taking a moment to process it "and photographic memory is..?"
"I remember this map in very good detail, any route you wanna take, I remember like home." Koral smirks.
"Wanna bet?" Meggy challenges Koral.
"Yes." Koral accepts, shaking her hand.
Koral takes off her lab coat and throws it onto Alex "hold this" she smiles and walked into the smaller arena with Meggy, ready to prove herself.

Koral pulled out her inkbrush, grinning, watching Meggy pull out a Splattershot on the other side.
Koral makes a competitive growl, going into her inkto form and jumping into the arena. Meggy went squid, going for it too.
Koral went back to her humanoid form, assessing where she was. She mentally pinpointed where she was, and looked at her routes accordingly.
All this thinking distracted her, as Meggy got a quick shot in.
Koral respawns, looking dazed, but returns to the turf anyways.
She took what she considered the safest route, and in her mind quickly calculated how long it would take Meggy to run to that point. She once again got distracted, and Meggy got another quick shot in.
Koral respawns once again, her cheeks becoming red in slight frustration.
She jumps back down, ready to take on the older squid woman.
She runs back to where she originally was, remembering her calculations and grinning. Koral uses her previous equation and factors in the next few seconds. She remembers the open space on the other side of the pillar and shook her head, retreating to a more confined space. This was more successful to her, as it would make Meggy easier to hit.
Koral made a line all the way up a pillar, rushing to the tip of its side in inkto form.
Meggy rushes around. She sees the stream, shooting at the bottom to stop her from possibly getting down.
Koral uses Meggy's assumption to her advantage, jumping out and covering her in ink.

Meggy falls over, eventually respawning on the other side. She jumps down, slowly walking towards the middle.

Koral waits there, smirking at her. She brushes the ink off her glasses. "See...told you i could"
Meggy shakes her hand "and I believe you now."

"How...did you do that, kid?" Meggy asks curiously.
"I remembered the point of the map I was in, used my memory to see the safest route, calculated how quickly it would take you to get there, then factored in the time to find me. Then I changed positions to make you an easier target, hid at the top of that wall, and took you while you were busy with the bottom"
"Not bad, scientist" Meggy smiles "what else can you do?"
"Im great with chemistry. I know what formulas are safe and what will kill you." Koral smiles like its no big deal.
Meggy nods slowly "I'll see if I can factor that in"

The two walk out slowly, Koral going back next to Alex. She took her lab coat from him, buttoning it back on.

Meggy slowly wipes the ink off her face, it landing on the ground beside her.
"Whose next?"
Another squid raises their hand. "Here, Mrs. Spletzer, you know me!" The girl cheers.
"Eva! Hey there!" Meggy smiles, watching her come up "what makes you 'freaky'?"
Eva inhales and whistles silently. No one could hear it, but what they did hear was some sort of hissing.
Within a few moments, a small army of about ten snakes slithered through and around the team, curling onto Eva. The snakes pulled out random weapons Eva had. The octoling girl grins "Animal Charmer and computer expert, at your service, Mrs. Spletzer!"
Meggy freezes and lowers her ears "....holy crap..." she takes a few steps back, staring at the snakes. Coughing, Meggy slowly walks towards the arena again, nervous, knowing this child could call on any animal.
Eva smiles and sends her snakes back, individually saying goodbye to each of them.
"Good luck Eva! I know you'll win this!" Desti smiles, watching Eva wave back in a "thank you" motion.

Eva slowly gets set at her station, rolling up her sleeves for the Turf. She looks at her hands "huh...haven't seen these in a while"
The Turf began, catching Eva by surprise. She jumps down, looking around herself in every direction, trying to detect Meggy.
Meggy looks around a corner, trying to look for her as well.
Eva whistles silently again, calling in a stray cat. She commands it to stalk Meggy and watch her moves.
The cat climbs to the top of the pillars, jumping to and from them to follow Meggy.
It saw her gaining up on Eva, slowly, but still gaining up on her.
The cat ran back to Eva, meowing quietly about it
"Then distract her!" Eva whispers, the cat running back to do its job.
The cat deliberately pretended to fall off the pillar, knowing if it wasn't caught it would land on its feet anyway. Meggy saw the cat falling and caught it midair, slowly putting it on the ground. "There you go, safe and-" Meggy freezes, hearing a noise behind her.
Eva giggles, covered in fluffy creatures and a few reptiles as they were ready to take Meggy down.
"....I surrender" Meggy whimpers seeing all the animals, especially the ones holding weapons.
Eva smiles and sends them off, starting to walk out of the arena.
Meggy gets up and slowly follows, noticing the animals are gone. She calms down quickly, leaving back to the others.

The two go back to the rest, Eva standing back beside Desti. Desti holds Eva's hand "How did you do?"
"I won!" Eva squeals in a whispering tone.

"Alright...whose up next?" Meggy asks, pointing a finger at the group.
Warrior rose his hand up and stood beside Meggy. "Warrior."
"Thats your name?" Meggy asks "never heard of someone being named Warrior.."
"Its a nickname" He sighs "anyways...I have congenital analgesia, smart words for i cant feel temperature or pain, and i love the arts, mostly instruments."
"What do you play?" Meggy asks curiously
"Banjo, Flute, and Piano" He smiles "Piano is my favorite. Its smooth and soft on the ears...I love it."
Meggy nods "sounds fun. Ready?"
"Yeah, pretty much." He nods.

Meggy and Warrior walk towards the arena, Warrior looking at Meggy with a respectful smile, appreciative that a professional took the time to train him.

Alex saw Warrior walk, staring at his hips "...are we positive he isn't a girl?"
"Aw man why is it always the guys who look good.." Tilly pouts, Millie nodding "I have to agree..."
"You guys are weird..." Alexis chuckles "I love it that way..."

In the arena, Warrior stops dead in his tracks and looks at Meggy. Meggy looks to her side and gives him the attention he gestures he needs. "I just want to thank you for taking the time to teach us. I rarely get the chance to be sentimental around anyone that isn't Alexis." Warrior smiles, taking Meggy's hand and shaking it.
"Its no problem...say what's so special about Alexis to you?" Meggy asks curiously.
Warrior sheds a tear, slowly walking to his side. "You ready?"
Meggy chuckles, ignoring the lack of an answer. "Yep. And, again, the training is no problem."
Meggy walks to her side.
Warrior initiates the practice, jumping down and starting. He quickly rushes through, looking around for Meggy.
He leans against a wall, looking around to see if any dangers came upon him. Warrior steps away from the wall, and suddenly gets pushed over.
He stands up and wipes orange ink off himself, unphased by the strike. Meggy looks at him "...you didn't even feel it. You just...got up?"
He nods.
"Well...that'll be useful for keeping a teammate always open." She chuckles.
"But I still have to take you down, like the others" Warrior smiles.
"Surprised your even considered a freak. The only new thing about you is you can't feel jack shit." Meggy looks confused.
"Well Inkopolis is ruthless. For someone who lived here and even parented a half breed I figured you'd know that." Warrior jokes to her.
"Im so used to the Mushroom Kingdom that this place feels like a haven. You wouldn't believe how crazy it is there" Meggy rolls her eyes.
"That makes me wonder how you remember any of your skills..." Warrior chuckles.
"What can I say. Its in my blood." Meggy chuckles too.

The two part ways and go back to their sides to try again.
Warrior lowers his head, preparing himself "you can do this...your not just an inkling. Your a freak. And that's okay...You are Levi, the Warrior of the freaks." He opens his eyes and jumps down, rushing towards the middle.
Warrior makes it there quickly, using his inability to feel temperature to his advantage. He does this by skidding along the ground, which would normally burn someone, but not him.
Meggy shows up to the middle, spraying ink around herself to trip him off course.
Warrior takes that as a challenge, skidding into the circle and gaining momentum. He smirks and jumps, aiming at Meggy and shooting.
Meggy flies back, falling onto the ground.
"...shit." He walks over and helps her up. "Sorry Mrs. Spletzer!"
"Its a mystery to me on how Desti hasn't come home with broken ribs..." Meggy groans with a raspy voice.

"I guess she inherited strong bones from the wife...?" Warrior chuckles nervously, "We should.."
Meggy slowly walks back out, holding her chest in pain "Alexis, control your boyfriend, he's got pressure..."
"Boyfriend?" Alexis jumps, looking confused. "I-im not into him. The only ones here we should say that about is Eva and Desti!"
Eva and Desti separate their hands, not saying a word.

"Enough." Meggy smiles, looking at her daughter and Eva. "Who shall be next?" she asks, looking back at everyone.
"Hi!" One volunteers, their sibling looking confused at the one-woman decision.
"The pair of...twins?" Meggy looked surprised.
Millie raises her and her sister's connected wrist.
"Oh. I didn't see that. Well...it hopefully shouldn't stop you from trying." Meggy nods, determined to make it possible "after all, it can cheat the system."
The two looked surprised.
"Yeah. You can't separate, and you do everything in unison, so...really, it'll count as "one player"
Tilly and Millie high five each other, smiling "yes!"
The twins and Meggy walk towards the arena. The two twins strike a loud whisper conversation, Meggy slightly eavesdropping. Not to use against them, but rather understand them.

"Millie?" Tilly asks, looking at her sister with a concerned look.
"What is it, Til?" Millie asks.
"What if the higher ups dont accept us because were...well...freaks?" Tilly asks "and what about mom and dad? What will they do if we win? Lose?"
"I..." Millie sighs. "There's too many possibilities to account for, sis...we just have to wait until we see what happens. But no matter what happens, i'll have my sister by my side. Literally."
Tilly nods and hugs Millie tightly.
Meggy looks back at them for a moment, smiling and looking away. She found it cute that the sisters took positively to life.

The three walk in, seeing how small it was yet it still felt big.
"Millie...im scared." Tilly looks around, huddling closer to her sibling.
"Your anxious, Tilly...and thats okay." Millie pets her head "remember, we can do this." Millie promises.
Tilly nods "alright...but dont leave me hanging."
Millie chuckles "cant really let go."
Meggy listens from behind them, chuckling herself and walking over to her area.

Tilly and Millie pull out their dualies, Tilly clearly nervous about doing this.
She looks at her twin for emotional support, as her sensitivity has gotten them into multiple bluffs before.
Millie looks at her sibling, smiling lightly. "Dont worry, Til, I have your back..or, rather...your side."
Tilly nods and inhales. She looks down and faces her concerns, initiating the rush down.

Tilly looked around in a panic, ready to shoot anyone she saw.
Millie reaches her arm over and rubs Tilly's head with it, trying to calm her anxious sister from her antics.
The two keep going inward, getting to the middle.
They look behind themselves, just to be sure Meggy wouldn't sneak up on them.
The slowly looked back. "I thought she'd just appear..." Tilly jokes.
The twins look back to see Meggy charging toward them, cocking her gun.
The girls panic, Tilly immediately trying to run away, Millie freezing in place and preparing for impact, leaving a large gap between them.
Meggy passes right through this gap, hitting a wall. "FUCK" Meggy yelps as she hit.
The twins look concerned and rush to her aid.
Tilly kneels down and feels around Meggy's face, trying to identify any internal damage.
"None luckily.." she reports, lending the woman a hand.
Meggy slowly stands up, grabbing the teen's hand and getting onto her feet. "Thank you girls..." she smiles "lets move on.."
Meggy dizzily walks out and sees the last two, staring at Alex and Alexis and rubbing her eyes.
"Whats on with mom?" Desti asks
"Eh...heh....um.." Tilly looks at her sister, not knowing what to say.

"I have one more go before I pass out because of you kids.." Meggy rubs her head "but damn are the tricks powerful.."
"Does that mean me and Alex have to fight together?" Alexis looked surprised.

"I guess so.." Meggy sighs.
Desti mouths to Alexis "I'll have mom take her to the doctor tonight."
Alexis nods as she gets pulled towards the arena by Alex.

Alex only stopped holding her hand when they got to their section, pulling out their weapons.
Alexis wipes her hands off on her skirt.
"What? Think I have cooties?" Alex snickers.
"Oh shut up, edgelord." Alexis throws back at him.
They both laugh, rushing down to defeat the unbeatable, Mrs. Spletzer.
Alex and Alexis look at each other.
"Lets split up, corner her!" Alex suggests.
"Your a genius!" Alexis calms down and backs up "sorry"
Alex shakes his head and starts rushing around the other side.

Alexis sneaks around her respective side, squirming her way towards Meggy's side.

Alex looks at the environment around him, smirking. Within a few moments he was at the other side.

"Where are they?" Meggy looks around.
Alexis and Alex met up at opposing intersections. They smirked at each other, one seeing Meggy coming.
Alexis started running to gain momentum, then curled into a ball, letting herself glide and roll.
Alex hides in a clever area, awaiting Meggy.
Meggy stands at the intersection, both Alex and Alexis popping out with their weapons.

After a few choice moments, Meggy came out covered in black and pink ink.
"That was fun!" Alexis cheers.
"Hell yeah, you turned into a ball and ROLLED. No fucks given!" Alex cheers with her.

Desti looks at her mom , gulping. "SplatFreaks...were done for today.." She holds her mom by the arm, walking her home.

"...so whose getting blamed?" Alexis smirks, laughing.

--------------------------------
Credits

Co Creator, character designer for Eva and Alex, and character elements: ninBENdotheHedgeling

Art above by: ninBENdotheHedgeling

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

338K 9.3K 70
Everybody knows the Dutton Family but none of them have made a name for themselves quite like the youngest, Mae Evelyn Dutton. She's a force to be re...
5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
184K 6.8K 13
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
66.1K 3.7K 79
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...