Single Dad | Jeon Jungkook โœ”๏ธ

By jjkimajins

When Jungkook struggles to be a single dad, he meets y/n, a simple girl who wants to help him out. But when t... More

I N T R O
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21 (End)
Epilogue [1/2]
Epilogue [2/2]
NEW BOOK
Christmas 100K Special

08

12.9K 583 216
By jjkimajins

It is a couple months later now and everything is going great. Jungkook moved in about seven weeks ago and we have created a routine that worked best with both our schedules. Surprisingly, living with them was easy and natural.

I also had a chat with my manager and we came to an agreement to let me always work the early shift so I finish just before Jae's school finishes so I am able to pick him up on time and don't need to pay for a carer. 

Plus I only have to work on the days when Jae has school so I'm able to look after him and take him out to places when he's off. It's so amazing that she understands the situation and allowed this to go ahead. Most managers aren't that understanding.

As for Jungkook, things are also going very well. His apprenticeship is almost over and he is already becoming noticed by big companies for his hard work and dedication. However, work tires him out a lot and drains him of his energy but he always comes home with a smile on his face.

Home.

When he moved in, he sold all the things he didn't want anymore or couldn't keep because there's not enough space and got some extra cash and insists to pay half the bill each month. 

Him and Jae share the guest room. Jungkook had a single bed to himself and Jae had his small bed from their previous place. 

Because I now always started early for work, Jungkook drops me off at the cafe on his way to work, after dropping Jae off at school. He would always hold my hand in the car and kiss me on the cheek as I say goodbye. It was safe to say that the two of us have definitely become closer these past few weeks, and feelings were definitely being caught.

♡♡♡

It is finally Friday and Jungkook has just dropped me off at work. I enter the cafe with a smile on my face, waving at the regular customers and asking them if they're doing well. I head out to the staff room, put my bag away and put an apron on, heading out to the front ready to serve people.

For the first hour I have the same people I get every day, ordering their morning coffee before work. But then someone I really didn't expect to see walks in. Seokjin. But today he is alone and has his head hung low. I take a deep breath as I put down the cloth and head over to the till. 

"Y/n?" He slightly perks up as he sees me in front of him. As he lifts his head up, I notice his red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Jin!? Are you okay?" 

"Do I look okay?" He suddenly snaps. 

"I'm-"

"Sorry. I'm just angry and upset. Luna cheated on me," he whispered the last part.

I can see how upset he is and even though I still hated him for what he did to me, I still want to try to help him cheer up. I tell him to sit down and after a couple of minutes I give him a free coffee and a slice of cake, hoping for him to at least smile. But he doesn't. He doesn't even acknowledge that I'd placed the items on the table as he is too busy staring out the window. "I miss you," he suddenly says as he turns around to face me. 

"Jin don't-" "Please y/n, I'll be a better boyfriend. I promise," he pleads. "Jin I'm sorry, I'm in relationship and I'm happy," you twisted the truth slightly, remembering that Jungkook called me his girlfriend last time. "But I can make you happier than that dad and his son-" "Don't talk about them like that. They're my home and I love them so either shut up or get out."

♡♡♡

My shift is finally over and I was exhausted. Today was a lot busier than it normally was and I also had to tolerate with a disrespectful Jin. Thankfully he did shut up after I put him straight and he got up and left. I walk to Jaekuks' school and patiently wait outside along with the other parents for the children to come out. 

I see Jae and greet him with a smile but when he doesn't return one, that's when I know something was up. "Hey baby what's wrong?" I say as you kneel down to his level and caress his cheek. "W-what's a mummy? And why don't I have one?" He pouts on the verge of crying.

My eyes widen at his sudden questions. How am I supposed to answer that? Jungkook hasn't told me about Ji-Ah yet and I haven't pushed the idea of him telling me. If he wanted to, he would and it would happen naturally. And I figured that he was going to tell Jae about her later on when he could understand better. 

"I'm not sure I can answer that Jae. But your daddy might know. Did something happen at school?" He shakes his head and shrugs. I brush it of not wanting to make him upset and stand up. I look down at him and he's holding his hands up and pinching his hands open and closed, indicating that he wants to be picked up. I giggle at his cute gesture and hold him against my chest as I walk home.

As I was cooking dinner for Jungkook, Jae and myself, I receive a message from Jungkook saying that he was going to be late home and not to worry about staying up to wait for him. I finish making the dinner, putting a plate over Jungkook's to preserve the heat and place the other two plates on the table. I walk into the boys room noticing how he was curled up on his bed.

"Jae? Dinners ready," I speak softly. "I'm not hungry," I hear back. "I made your favourite and I got you some banana milk," I tempt him and I noticed how he slowly sits up and rubs his eyes. I hold out my hand for him to hold and he saunters over to me and take his hand in mine. 

The both of us eat together and Jae really enjoyed the meal which made me smile. But as soon as he finishes he runs back to his room and slams the door shut. I sigh and finish my food before taking the plates to the sink to wash up. After that I head to the guest room again, finding Jae fast asleep in his bed. I turn the light off and head back to the living room to put on a drama, at a low volume so I don't wake up Jae.

♡♡♡

After a few hours I get tired and notice how late it is. Jungkook still isn't back but I decided to head to bed anyway. I get changed into my little night dress and am about to get into bed when I realise my throat is dry so I quickly head to the kitchen to quench my thirst.

I knew exactly what I wanted and knew it would help me sleep after the day I had. And that drink is obviously banana milk. I head to the fridge and started searching for a bottle. Suddenly I feel a pair of arms snake around my waist and I flinch but know it is Jungkook. I can smell his distinct yet soft scent. I then feel a pair of wet lips kiss my cheek and I blush.

"Not looking for my banana milk are we?" he whispers in my ear. "Definitely not," I lie and turn around to face him and smile. He places a kiss on my lips and I hold him close to me. "Good day?" I ask him. "Exhausting, yours?" 

"Mine was okay, Jae's not so much," I frown. 

"Oh why? Is everything okay?"

"I'm not sure. He was just asking me questions about what a mummy is and why other kids have one but not him. He looked really upset and obviously I couldn't give him an answer. I don't know how much you want him to know," I explain. 

"But he does have a mum," he states. "Yeah I know but I couldn't-" "I'm not talking about her y/n...I'm talking about you," he softly smiles. 

"Me? But I-"

"Have been a great mother figure for Jae these past couple months and I wouldn't want anyone else to take this place in his life but you. He deserves to have mum that treats him as her own and loves him as her own and you do all that and more." 

"Jungkook are you sure?" 

"y/n, Ji-Ah may be Jae's birth mother but for me, you're his mum. You've treated him like your own son and I can't thank you enough for nurturing him in ways I haven't been able to. So yes, I am sure but only if you want to be. You'll always be 'banana milk lady' to him anyway," he chuckles at the last part. 

Jungkook lightly knocks on the door of their room and softly coos for Jae, making him sit up and rub his eyes. 

"Daddy?" 

"Hey Jae, are you okay? Y/n was telling me about what you said to her at school," he says as he sits down on the bed and I follow and kneel down on the floor beside him. 

"I want a mummy, daddy. Why don't I have one?" Jae whimpers, pouting, his eyes filling with tears. 

"Awh Jae, you do have a mum, y/n is your mummy, and she loves you very much, okay?" 

"Y-you're my mummy?" He pouts, tears now slowly starting to fall from his eyes. 

"If that's okay?" I ask him as I gently wipe his tears with my thumb. He gets up and jumps into my arms, hugging me tightly telling me his answer. 

"I love you mummy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862K 29.1K 80
โ—COMPLETEDโ— Min Y/n (24) Elementary teacher Jeon Jungkook (25) Single father of 1. A teacher at an elementary school in Seoul, A single father of 1...
158K 6.4K 21
One intimate night with his schoolmate brought something unexpected to Taehyung's life, but knowing Jungkook was too young, he left; Not because he w...
20.7K 753 18
where jungkook is a single dad and taehyung's lonely. hi this is my first fic ever so it sucks. just a brief warning i am sorry. warning: mature th...