Summer Breeze | DJ Quik.

By deecreates

(circa, 1995; safe + sound era.) In which a Chicago girl named Giada Warren goes to California with her famil... More

intro.
soundtrack.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.

chapter seven.

162 11 29
By deecreates

(Giada in the multimedia. ✨)

DAVID.

After returning from the restaurant with his mother, David opened up his bedroom door then turn on his light as he walk further inside.

He fell back onto his bed. All that eating he did made him tired and he already took half a nap in the car.

But besides, he wanted to get a little more rest before seeing Giada.

"David Marvin! Come and get this friend of yours." David's mother, Delma, referred to Emmanuel who can be heard chuckling outside his bedroom.

Emmanuel, Manny, or sometimes Man Man would come over to kick it with his best friend. Even though his mom couldn't stand him, she didn't want her son to stop being friends since they were so close.

"Nigga!" Emmanuel busted the door open.

David rolled his eyes and chuckles. He being doing the most when he makes an entrance. It's one of the things that makes him Emmanuel

"Get yo ass up, ain't no sleeping when I'm around." He orders as David look at him funny.

"Foo, you at my house. I ain't got to take orders from you." He waves him off.

"Uh, I don't think so partner, get yo ass up and tell me what's up? Did you bring me back anything from Ditty Land?" Emmanuel asked, looking inside the bags he brought in as David quickly sat up.

"Get yo ass out of my stuff, man." David ordered causing Emmanuel to chuckle and slowly back away.

David laughed at his best friend. "My bad, partner. I thought since I was your bro, you would have got me something."

"I did you get something. Actually, a lot of things." David had to correct himself. He had recalled doing things for his best friend, he may it seems like he doesn't care when that's not true.

"Oh, you sure did! Thanks for the pornos, bud." Emmanuel pat his back and pull him in for a hug.

David laugh and playfully push his friend off him.

"What's up with you though?" David asked.

"I came over since my girl's trippin. She keep throwing me in and out the house, like, what's up with that?" Emmanuel looked at him.

David snickered.
"It's that time of the month."

Emmanuel looked at him in confusion.
"What that suppose to mean? They got a holiday or something?"

David laughed to himself and shook his head. Emmanuel couldn't understand. When he meant by that, it's a women's cycle. He learned this from living in a house full of women.

"Well, since you can't tell me, I'll go ask Mama Blake. But come with me, just in case if she throws a skillet or something." Emmanuel chuckled, gesturing his best friend to come.

"She ain't going to do that plus, I got somewhere to be." David told his friend as he stopped in his tracks and turn to face him with a smirk.

"Ooh, playa D got a honey?" Emmanuel asked.

"She ain't no honey. She's a good friend, you saw her yesterday at your job." David pointed.

"Oh! Her? She's sweet as fuck, she told me I had beautiful features." Emmanuel was feeling cocky as he licks his lips and stares off into space.

"Nigga, you must forgot you got a girl and I don't think Demetria mind spending a couple of months in jail." David chuckled, remembering the time his best friend's girlfriend got arrested three months ago for jumping on a girl who was talking mad shit about her.

Demetria usually don't care but, when it goes to far, she had to do what was right.

Demetria and Emmanuel met each other in the year of 91'.
Few months later, they were an item.

"She ain't in a mood for me though, so." Emmanuel shrugged his shoulders and proceed to the kitchen where David's mom was located.

David shook his head and walk out of his room as well, turning off the light.

GIADA.
(Actual pronunciation: gee - ah - da.)

"Where you going?" Carnell asked his sister as he stops her from going any further. At the same time, he was leaving to go to hotel's gym.

"I'm going out with a friend." Giada answered.

"What friend? Joyce and that other girl ain't here? Does Mama know?" Carnell asked, folding his arms across his chest.

Giada jerked her head back, looking at him up and down.

"Yes, she knows and she's ok with it. Move, Nell." Giada was trying to walk around her brother but, he couldn't seem to not let her get away.

"I know this friend of yours bet not do anything to you." He pointed his finger at his sister as she chuckled.

"Carnell, I appreciate you doing what a brother does but, I met this guy and he doesn't look like the type at all. Your sis is going to be fine." Giada pinches his cheek as he glared at her.

She finally walks around and went to the elevator. Looking back, Carnell didn't move. He was dead serious about what he meant and Giada shouldn't get mad but, she felt like he's been doing the most ever since they got here.

Giada leaned back against the wall, waiting for David as she looks around. The feeling she felt earlier came back. She didn't know what to expect but, she hope it goes good.

A few seconds later, a white Lexus entered the parking lot of the hotel and in front of Giada.

Instantly she knew it was him. A smile came across her face as she makes her way to the car.

David hops out and walk around.

"What's going on?" He smiled.

Giada stares at him for a few before randomly hugging him.

She don't know what her mind was going through.

"You good?" David chuckled.

Giada pulls away and look at the ground, shyly.

"My apologies, it just, something overcame me." She nervously laughs, fidgeting her fingers as David smirk and gave her a hug back.

Giada squeals.

While hugging, she couldn't help but to inhale the button up he's rocking. The cologne he wore smells divine.

David and Giada pulls away.

He opens Giada's door which made her smile.
"You didn't have to—"

"I want to." David assures.

Giada gets in and felt the smooth interior of his car.

Smokey Robinson was currently playing on the radio.

"This real nice." Giada said to herself, did a bit more looking around before putting on her seatbelt.

The driver's door shut and her head turns to David.
"Thanks."

He smiled at her as she smiled in return.

She sat back in her seat, looking out of her window at the hotel as he begins to drive away.

I feel like I'm writing a movie. 😂

Thoughts?

Let me know in the comments. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 147 7
❛ AND I WILL REMINISCE ON OUR LOVE ALL THROUGH THE YEARS, FROM NOW UNTIL FORVER. AND EVER, MY DARLING, FOREVER. YOU WILL ALW...
22.4K 1.4K 20
welcome valued customer, happy reading!
96.3K 1.9K 27
"𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲, 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲�...
4.3K 183 31
a dallas winston love or hate story? who knows? read to find out;) THANKS FOR 1K READS!! started (12/31/20) ended (1/11/21)