Twisties

By Wikitiki16

Twins Tara and Tatiana Wynne are living in the infamous Southern Gardens. Despite being rampant with poverty... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 4

19 3 3
By Wikitiki16

Chapter 4

Tara

Club Haze was getting real turnt this Friday night. Courtesy of moi, the club was hosting a glow party. I had gone to Deon with some fresh ideas, believing that the club needed some improvements. I felt like we were attracting one type of crowd: swaggy people, gangsters, bad bitches, and ratchets. Just having the same group of people doesn't give a business an upgrade, so I thought if we did special events, people would want to come through.

Deon thought it was a great idea and had spent the week preparing for it. Neon lighting in blues, pinks, and purples replaced the colored, hanging light bulbs on the dance floor and I couldn't count how many black lights were around the club.

It was def a success though. Girls were dancing with paint all over their bodies and waving glow sticks above their heads. Special guest DJ Killa Cash was playing all the bangers back to back. "Bring it Back" by Travis Porter was playing right now and I knew I could've made the dance floor my bitch. Everything was going as perfectly as I'd planned, except for one thing; I was the only one not enjoying myself.

Matter of fact, I wasn't even in the damn club! I was stuck in Deon's office, looking at the party through the window while the hood version of the Justice League talked business. They were sitting around a black matte table, each one wearing a serious gangster looking face. I ain't find none of them scary.

There was Stingy, Deon's supplier, who was the oddest looking one there. He was super skinny, with a small head and wide pale blue eyes that reminded me of a Chihuahua. He didn't dress like the others either. While they wore expensive suits, he liked to put on tracksuits and the same tired-ass red beanie. Deon told me not to be fooled because Stingy was the best supplier in this area and even beyond that. He never wasted any product and only sold the very best of his inventory to the high rollers. That's probably why his name was Stingy.

Next to him was Mason, but everybody called him Mace because he would bitch if you didn't. Dude was an ordinary looking man. There was nothing about him that stuck out, but that's what made him the perfect "spy". I wouldn't go too far as to call him that because that's actually cool. Mace's job was to be Deon's source of information. He got the dirt on anything and anyone. Whatever was going down in the Gardens, Mace knew about it.

Next to Mace was Jaque. Born in France, Jaque had a heavy accent and I loved to hear him talk. Reminded me of dark chocolate. He was Deon's 2nd in command and Deon never made a move without letting Jaque know. Deon was at the head of the table, arms crossed tightly over his chest as he listened to whatever Mace was saying, with a frown.

"Yeah, something is happening. Demand is going down. I can't tell you why. It's not our prices and it sure as hell can't be the quality. Whoever this dude is would have to be making bank in order to compete with us. We don't know anyone like that around here."

Stingy nodded in agreement. "True. But the crazy shit is, whoever this is must be supplying everything. He doesn't seem like he's taking any chances with anybody on the outside. And the fact that we don't know him means he doesn't want to be known."

Deon shrugged his shoulders. "He's a punk. He don't want no smoke with us, so he's doing shit from behind the scenes."

Jaque shook his head in disagreement. He took off his glasses to wipe them with a handkerchief as he spoke. "This man isn't afraid. He wouldn't have picked this area to do business in if he was a scared man. Either that, or he's foolish. But I don't believe so. This is a cautious man." Everyone seemed to agree with Jaque, especially since he was the oldest of everyone here.

"He may be smart, but dude is cocky," Mace said wagging his finger. "He sent his man straight here, didn't even go through Jaque. That means he knows there's some type of value to him and what he's running. Everybody knows not to come to you with some bullshit." Mace was right. Anybody in the game knew Deon had zero patience for bums and idiots. If you came to him with some stupid shit, trying to make a quick buck off his money with nothing in return, he would just get rid of you. To him, he was doing the world a favor anyway.

Deon looked thoughtful as he stared at Mace. "That's true. That kid Tre, he talked a good game. But still. Whoever he works for should be man enough to speak business in person. That's some shady shit."

I groaned from where I was standing. I was getting restless. "How long y'all going to go on? I'm bored."

Deon sighed and slouched into his chair. "Why can't you just shut up and sit?"

"I've been doing that for an hour!" I said throwing my hands up in the air. "What am I here for?" I didn't like being still. I felt like a trapped squirrel.

"Uh oh. That's my cue," said Stingy, quickly making his way to the door.

"Yeah, I gotta go anyway." Mace waved bye before following Stingy and Jaque, who nodded at us.

Deon turned his attention to me. "Why do you gotta do that?" He asked annoyed. I was annoyed too, so fuck him.

"Because I could be doing something else. There's literally no reason for me to be here if you're busy." If he was kept waiting, Deon would throw a fit, and call himself a king and claim he's too good for all of that. Why can't I complain?

"Look, chill. I just wanted to see you," he said while doing that stupid thing where he grabbed my chin. I almost melted.

I ripped my chin away. "Fine. What are we gonna do now then?"

Deon looked down at his Rolex before glancing up at me. "Actually, I gotta roll out. My girl made plans with me tonight."

"Oh. Okay."

He leaned down and gave me a kiss. "I'll catch you later baby. Go on and enjoy the club. You already know drinks are on me." With that, he left.

Even though I was feeling kinda disappointed, the fact that Deon left me alone in his office meant that he trusted me. So, everything would be okay. I left to see the fun that was happening downstairs in the club. With the mixture of neon clothing and black light, everyone looked like purple aliens to me. I made a bee line for the bar, ready to start the night's festivities. "Hey." I reached over the counter and tapped on one of the passing bartender's shoulder.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Can I get a jack and coke? And hold the coke."

He looked at me suspiciously. "Are you sure you're 21?" We both stared at each for a good solid minute before busting out in laughter. No one gave a shit about serving minors alcohol. Plus, I was Deon's girlfriend. "Hold on, let me get that for you." My drink was handed to me a few minutes later. I took a huge sip and sighed in relief. This was exactly what I needed after a long, hard day of being a bad bitch.

"In My Feelings" by Drake started to play and I was waving my arms above my head, swaying back and forth. Singing along, I already felt the effects of the alcohol taking over as I tried to keep up. "Deon, do you love me? Are you riding?" I giggled as I made up my own remix. Taking my second drink from the bartender, I quickly drained it before getting up to go to the dance floor.

Two bad bitches and we kissin' in the Wraith. Kissin'-kissin' in the Wraith, kiss-kissin' in the Wraith.

All the girls in the club twerked and popped their asses off, just like in the video. I joined right in, bending over and smacking a girl's ass to the beat of the music. Her girlfriends were like "AYE" before twerking in a circle around us. This was the shit I lived for. Turning up every night and not having to deal with anything. No school, no annoying ass people, no mom. This was my goddamn peace and quiet.

🌸

Tatiana

"Would you rather eat Cheetos soaked in pickle juice or eat yogurt with olives in it?"

From his closet, Les looked at me horrified. "Why are you so freaking weird?"

I was lying on his bed, my legs kicking back and forth behind me. "I don't know, I was just thinking about how it would taste."

He shook his head. "Disgusting, I'll tell you that."

I was over at Les' house, helping him decide which clothes he should donate. If the boy didn't clean out his closet at least once every two months, a professional would have to come in.

"Hey, what about this shirt?" He held up a green striped polo to his chest, modeling it for me.

"Yeah, I would toss it. Doesn't show off your curves," I said jokingly. The digital clock on his nightstand read 7:38. I was going to pack it up soon and head out so I could be home on time.

Ehhh this one?" I heard him say. I look to see him holding up a slim fitted blue blazer.

I shook my head furiously. "No no, I love that jacket. And I bought it for you!" I had gotten that jacket for Les' last birthday. I saved for two whole months, not wanting his family to think I was cheap. "You look very handsome in it too," I added shyly.

He winked. "Alright, now I gotta keep it." I beamed at him. Les had tons of clothes, so he was constantly getting rid of them. Anything I ever bought him though, he kept.

"Leicester." Both of us froze when we heard his name from down the hall. Les straightened up while I sat up with perfect posture.

A moment later, Les' dad appeared in his doorway. Jonathan Reginald Jameson looked frightening as he did any day, in his formal work attire. The man was so distinguished and sophisticated, you had to say his full name. Standing at 6'5 with massive NFL looking shoulders, Mr. Jameson not only made me look small, but feel it too. His cold, sharp gaze glanced at me briefly before landing on his son. "Leicester. Your mother says dinner is ready. Time for your company to go home."

I mean, it's not like I wasn't on my way out soon anyway. I could see Les cringe inwardly. "Yes, I know. Thank you, Dad." Mr. Jameson looked at Les for another second before leaving. Les slumped against his closet.

"Tatiana-," he started to say, but I cut him off.

"It's okay, it's really not a big deal. Plus, I was planning on leaving soon anyway." I stood up to gather my bag and put on my shoes.

Les walked over to me and gave me a hug. "You'll text me when you make it home safe right?"

"Course."

He kissed me on the forehead. "Good."

I said goodbye and went downstairs. As I was walking down the hall, I saw Mr. Jameson coming my way. I could've just shat myself right there. I didn't know what to do. If I looked him in the eye, he would think I was challenging his dominance, but if I looked away, he would smell my fear. I was thinking so hard, my dumbass almost ran into him.

"Sorry sir," I mumbled trying to scramble away.

He nodded. "Goodnight young lady."

"Goodnight sir." I breathed a sigh of relief once I let myself out. Talk about nerve wracking.

It had rained earlier today, but thankfully tonight was clear. I would've been annoyed if I had to walk in the rain. To be honest, I was just a teensy weensy bit bothered. Les usually got me an Uber, believing it was unsafe to be walking around Southern Gardens at night, but lately that hasn't been the case. I really didn't need a ride every night. I was a big girl, but still.

Luckily, the bus stop was a ten minute walk from his house. Forty-five minutes later, I was home. Grandpa was still sleeping for work and I didn't see Tara when I peeked into her room. Praying that my sister wasn't hooked up to an IV full of Jack, I crawled into my bed and fell asleep.

🌸 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144 66 18
The human race had ended long ago. Though there were still a few, they were more or less endangered species because of the new breeds of predators ro...
80 3 18
Tired of all her sufferings, she's a girl who escaped her pack to start over and hopefully find her mate. will she be able to do it? ...
186K 4.7K 18
Different from the moment she was born, the unplanned twin of the newly mated/wed Edward and Bella Cullen, sets out to carve her own path in the worl...
248 14 18
Hobbies such as killing, disposing bodies, obsession with weapons and.....oh, of course, gardening. Amazing, right? ----------- "...Seriously bro, yo...