Exported [Book 3 in the Expir...

By MikaelaBender

Is it an invasion if they're already here? Six months have passed and Iris and Jonas have reached a conclusio... More

Part 1 Auriga
1 I'm Dying and Burning. Great.
2 To Memorize Him
3 Until Our Dates Separate Us
4 The Charioteer
5 Friendly People Have a Propensity to Want to Watch the World Burn
6 A Waste of Space
7 I Thought We Were Past the Killing Me Fiasco.
8 The Things Did Not Go as Planned Drawer
9 Colton Better Have a Parachute
10 Touché
11 Pantomime of Us
12 I Get a Real Shock
13 A Game of Morals
14 Transmission 1
14 Life Advice
15 The Trade of Looks
16 Appalling
17 Me Save You?
18 Cards
19 A Puzzle of Bodies
20 He Should Check Hell
21 You Want Me to Work on Begging?
22 A Lead and The SYFY Pilot is Out
23 The Chapter in Which I Throw Flowers
24 This Feels Familiar
25 Dramatic Much?
26 Miserable
27 Shipped
28 My Choices
29 Rose Lattes
30 Is She Dead?
31 Damsel
32 The Truth
33 He Doesn't Have an Expiration Date
Part 2 Ara
34 An Unlikely Group
35 Third Party
36 A Leader
37 Swaying
38 Liar
39 Extraterrestre
40 House Guests
41 The Chapter in Which Iris Steals My Clothes
42 Priority
43 Saclay
44 For Him
46 Lae
47 Connect the Dots
48 Khaleedessa
49 My Two Tresais
50 For the Dead
51 The Chapter in Which I'm Given a Snail Fork
52 Birthright
53 Chancing Fate
54 Kisses and Death
55 Of Juice and Legacies
56 Wisterias
57 Bently
58 A Stolen Title
59 Screaming
60 She's the Hero
61 The Seven Deadly Sins
62 Alastair
63 Bloodlines
64 I've Found My Fate
65 Distracted
66 My Ball of Thread
67 An Avenging Angel
68 Interrogation
69 Distraction
70 Exposed
71 Out of Hand
72 My Fear
73 Pre-Proposal
74 Interrogation
75 Erik's News
76 The Chapter in Which Bently is Irritated
77 The Chapter in Which I Have to Convince Them Not to Elope
78 The Chapter In Which Mikaela Finally Ends This Book
Bonus Chapter: Gwen and Alastair
New Book ~CLAUS~
~Asleep~
Expiration Date from Story to Screen?
Expiration Date, A Digital Pilot, SYFY
@Wattpad Instagram Takeover
#ReadTogether Bracket
An Old A/N from Before Exported Came Out

45 Sacred

6.3K 567 136
By MikaelaBender

Iris~~

"Andrew." I don't risk setting the glass down.

"Front door. Now."

"Don't do this." Stay calm.

"They can kill Basile at any moment. There's no Expiration Date to stop them." He's going to take me to the Amoris.

"If you know where they are, we could get the French. Put a stop to them." It would be great if Colton could wake up needing to go to the bathroom right now.

He laughs. "You think they're foolish enough to tell me where their base is?" He sobers his expression. "Front door."

For a moment I think about dropping the glass, letting the shattering signal the household to my plight. But he'll shoot me, and so I gently set the glass down on the counter and raise both hands in the air.

"Please, Andrew," I say as I walk toward the door.

"Jonas would do the same for you—knowing you could be killed instantly. Hell, you'd do the same for him."

A shudder racks through me.

"Be a good girl, and I won't come back and announce to your friends that Jonas is Expired." He can't know that for sure. "Now open the door."

I obey because I can't risk Jonas being exposed. "They'll chain you up if you come back."

He motions with the gun for me to keep walking to where his car is parked on the street. "It would be worth it just to watch them turn on him. Imagine what Colton would do when he realizes all that stands between him and the title of Preeminence is merely an Expired life."

Colton wouldn't do that. He wouldn't. He's . . . he's changed, hasn't he? "He's not Expired. I'm the only one." I sink in the front passenger seat, and keeping the gun trained on me, Andrew rounds the car.

I don't think Andrew would kill me, not when the Amoris want me alive and when Basile's life hangs in the balance. He can still shoot me though.

Andrew gets in the driver's seat, starting up the engine with one hand and aiming the gun at me with the other.

He pulls out his phone and sends off a text.

"I saw his Mark. He thought he was safe in his little swimming hole. He thought no one would dare spy on the Preeminence in his sacred space." Andrew puts the car in drive. "The arrogance."

He drives the car down the street, away from the apartment building, leaving Jonas and the others without a car. "When he didn't die on us on July 28, I convinced myself that his Date must have been misprinted, but then you showed up, the girl who is Expired. You made me realize I wasn't crazy."

I bite my tongue so I won't say something that will cause Andrew to retaliate against Jonas.

My hands shake, and I don't think it's from the shock that Andrew is going to hand me over to the Amoris, but rather with rage knowing that he violated Jonas's private space, the space where Jonas took only me. His cove, surrounded by rocks and trees. A pool of water, filled by the lake water, designed to blend in with nature. Built for generations of Preeminences before him. It's the place he could swim without a bandage, without having to worry it would fall off in the water with others around to see his Expiration Date.

Andrew violated the scaredness of that place. A place where Jonas could be himself, where I realized he had a playful side when he splashed me while I was perched on a boulder. When I joked that I thought he was going to propose to me . . . because why would the Preeminence ever propose to me?

"How long have you been planning this?" I ask, tucking my hands under my legs.

"Isabeau found me while I was out getting supplies." Isabeau—Odette's Tresais.

"How?" My mouth is still dry; I never got that water.

"They've hacked into the surveillance systems across the county."

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on Mid'haa's team was an Amoris sent to spy on the French monarchy.

I keep my mouth shut. He wants me to be a good girl, and I don't trust myself not to slip and say something he'll make me regret.

Eventually, Andrew's arm must get tired because he lowers the gun, keeping it near his door. Any move by me to grab it though, and I know he'll crash the car.

*****

We've been driving for over an hour when Andrew pulls off the road and into the parking lot of a warehouse. Semi-trucks are lined up at the loading dock, their lights off. The only other vehicle in the lot is a black van. Its doors open, and a guard clad in black gear and Isabeau step out.

Andrew stops the car across two parking spots. "Out." He doesn't make a move for his gun. The Amoris will see it as a threat.

I won't beg in front of them. I'll go with my pride intact.

I get out, and Andrew follows.

Isabeau smiles prettily at me. "Raggioet."

I match her smile and tell her to go to hell in Amorian.

"It amazes me how much the Society has embraced a commoner," she responds in the same language.

A second guard comes out from the back of the van, pushing Basile in front of him. From here, he looks unharmed. Could the same be true for Bently?

"Andrew?" Basile sounds dazed. "What's going on?"

"I'm saving you." Andrew sounds breathless, eyes scanning Basile. "Iris." He jerks his head toward Isabeau. My cue to step forward.

What will Jonas think when he wakes and finds I'm not beside him? That I'm not even in the apartment?

Not knowing where the Amoris's base is, he can't come after me. And maybe that's a good thing. He'll stay safe.

The first guard pulls a piece of black silk from his pocket and motions for me to turn around. The tips of his gloves scrape against my skin as he loops it over my eyes.

My arms are pulled in front of me, and handcuffs click around my wrists, digging into the skin.

Is this all necessary, I want to ask.

The guard splays his hand across my back and nudges me forward.

I understand why Andrew's done this. I can hardly blame him, not when if it was Jonas on the line, I'd move heaven and hell to save him. When the rebels took him, I nearly lost my mind.

"Step up," the soldier says and I gather I'm near the van. I put my foot on the bumper, and he puts his hands on my waist to balance me and urges me forward before helping me down into a seat. He's far more patient with me than I expected.

The door slams shut.

I better see Bently at the end of this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 86.7K 41
Ranked #1 in Action, #1 Adventure, #2 in Sci Fi "Whatever you do, don't let your blood run cold." "And if it does?" "Run. Run like hell. Run away...
12.5K 625 16
~Completed~Ilana Bodnar knew Ari Levinson was going to break her heart. They grew up together, in a small suburb outside of NYC, two of the few Jewis...
36.3K 3.1K 26
During a massive drought, a Water Witcher goes trekking across several states to visit a friend but finds himself in danger when a group called The H...
2.2K 197 25
Hello guys come in to the world of sci-fic . I promise to be a good guide and take you into the world of galaxies . Be ready for the most awaited jou...