Divaradia - Part 2: The Promi...

By Darkmoonhorses

This is the sequel to Divaradia - Part 1: Fairytale. Meredith and Lily promised their best friends Sian and M... More

Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 1
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 2
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 3
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 4
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 5
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 6
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 8
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 9
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 10
Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 11

Divaradia - Part 2: The Promise >< Chapter 7

28 2 0
By Darkmoonhorses

    "What is it Megan?" I asked. Rowan sat on my other side, Zahira and Larissa across from him. 

     "You got the popular crew to like and follow you!" Megan whispered.

     "Why is that such a big deal?" I whispered back.

     "It's a big deal 'cuz they like no-one. Nobody ever gets accepted into their little group, especially a new girl!" Megan explained excitedly. "Which one talked to you first?"

     "Rowan." I said cautiously. 

      "Ooh! I think he likes you!" Megan squealed. She looked like christmas had come several months early, which got me very, very worried. 

     "Megan, what are you plotting?" I asked suspiciously. Her eyes grew wide and her face adopted a completely innocent look.

       "Why, nothing of course. What are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes at her. We finished lunch. My last couple classes seemed to be done it seconds. When I got to my locker and opened it to get my bag and go home, I noticed a folded piece of paper. I opened it and read it.  Dear Meredith, If you can meet us in the math room beside the library after school before your bus leaves that would be appreciated.  You can tell your friends you're going, but please don't bring them. We all gotta have a talk. Rowan, Larissa, Zahira

     Rowan, Larissa and Zahira want to have a little chat? Well, I guess that's ok, I can just walk back to Megan's house. I quickly ran to where Megan and Lily were saying goodbye to Sian. 

     "Hey you guys, Rowan, Larissa and Zahira wanna talk with me, so I'll meet you back at Megan's house, ok? You had better go, don't miss the bus!" I said quickly.

     "Huh? Oh right, yeah, see you back at my house." Megan said distractedly. Lily nodded to me so I knew that even if Megan wasn't paying me any attention Lily knew where I was. 

     I ran back to my locker and quickly packed up and bag, slinging it over my shoulder. The halls were now emptying rapidly as students raced to get to their buses. I walked comfortably, taking my time. When I finally got to the math rooms, I dropped my bag by the door and knocked lightly, letting myself in. The scene before my eyes shocked me beyond the ability to talk, move or do anything besides stare. Zella was perched lightly on one of the desks, inspecting her perfectly manicured nails. Her golden hair tumbled down her back. Her dress was a magnificent, unforgettable scarlet. Zahira and Rowan were unconscious at her feet. Across from her, Rosforth was standing, looking at a small, huddled form at his feet. I realized it was Larissa. She mumbled something. He obviously didn't like it, because he kicked her side viciously. She curled into a little ball and did not move again. Rosforth was looking magnificent. His black hair was perfectly combed, and his dark eyes danced with a malicious light. He wore a black shirt with silver and gold embroidery, and long black jeans. He looked up, and smiled widely.

     "Why hello Meredith! It is such a pleasant surprise to see you here! To what occasion do I owe this fine pleasure?" 

     "How can you -- I thought -- but you were -- what --" I spluttered. 

     "My darling Meredith," he began, 'Don't call me darling' I thought to myself. "Elidor's curse is a blessing in disguise! In Fairytale, it made it impossible for me to eat, sleep or use magic, because that is where my magic would normally function. The curse made my powers useless. Here, on Earth where under normal circumstances my magic would be unpredictable and difficult to use, the curse makes my magic work perfectly, even strengthens it! See, I can tie you up, take your magic, and make you fall unconscious!" he demonstrated for me. He snapped his fingers and invisible ropes immobilized me, I fell to the floor unable to keep my balance. I felt a painful draining feeling as he stole my powers, then lastly, I felt into a deep and endless blackness. My last thought was 'I can't believe this is happening again...'    

Megan and Lily: Megan's PoV (Point of View)

     We got off at my stop, and walked the short distance to my house. When we got inside we both dumped our bags at the foot of the stairs and walked to the kitchen to grab a quick snack. A platter of cookies rested on the kitchen counter along with three glasses of milk. 'I wonder what's taking Meredith so long?' I thought to myself. "Hey Lily?"

       "Yeff Magam?" she said through a mouthful of cookie.

      "What's taking Meredith so long?"

       "Isn't she meeting up with Rowan and Zahira and Larissa?"       "Yes..." I said slowly. But she said it would only take a couple seconds.

     "You worry too much Megs. Dith'll be back before the hour is up! C'mon, lets get some of our homework done." she suggested. But Meredith wasn't back before the hour's end. Or the next, or the next, or the next, or the one after that. At eight o'clock, we were both extremely worried.

     "Maybe we should go to the school to see if she's alright?" Lily said, biting her lip and staring anxiously out the window.

       "Or, maybe we should call her cell phone and see what's taking her so long!" I said, already dialing. We both waited eagerly. The phone rang twice, then was answered. "Hello?"

     "Hey Dith! What's taking you so long? You were supp--" I stopped talking. That wasn't Meredith's voice. "Who are you?" I asked.

     "I am an old friend of yours." the voice informed me. I had heard that silky voice before somewhere....but where?

       "Who are you? Where's Meredith?" I asked flatly.

       "Meredith is currently being babysat by your other friend."

      "OK! But who the heck are you?!" I yelled at the phone.

       I could hear the smile in the voice as it answered, "King Rosforth." No. No! NO! That's not possible! 

     "You bloody bastard! What have you done with Meredith?! Where's your stupid Zebra?!" I yelled. My voice shook a little. 

     "I'm right here Megan!" A flute-like voice trilled. Crap, Rosforth and Zella are here! Here! On Earth!

       "What do you want?" I asked hoarsely.

       "A business meeting." Quite sure I hadn't heard Rosforth properly I asked, "A what?"

       "A business meeting. The school library, midnight. Hope to see you there!" he said before hanging up. I numbly switched off my phone.

       "What is it Megan?" Lily asked worriedly.

     "Rosforth and Zella are here, and they have Meredith." 

Meredith, Zella & Rosforth: Meredith's PoV

     When I woke, I felt extremely woozy, and I had a headache no-one would envy. I groaned as what had transpired rushed through my head. I looked around. I was in what appeared to be a very large bird cage. Zella and Rosforth were on the other side of the bars, talking quietly about something in Rosforth's hand.

       "What's in your hand?" I asked him, not expecting an answer.

       "Your link to your magic. I put all your powers into these beads on this bracelet. You cannot use any magic unless someone takes your powers out of the beads. However, if one of the beads were to break, you would lose your connection with that power forever." he informed me.

       "So, if you broke all of those beads, I wouldn't have any magic?" I asked.

     "You would become as helpless as a human. And if anyone but myself or Rosforth were to try to touch them with the intention of releasing your magic, they would be sent into a deep slumber, and their magic would be drained when they woke." Zella hissed. I can't believe it! If those beads break, I am in huge trouble. An idea occurred to me.

     "Where's Kat?" I asked, desperate to keep the couple talking.

       "Katriona? She's in another bird-cage in your same predicament. The nasty little traitor!" Rosforth grumbled. I thought I saw a look of guilt or fear or sorrow on Zella's face, but it was gone before I could be sure.

       "But she's alive?" I asked desperately.

        "Yes, much to my disappointment. But she might be needed later." Rosforth sighed. I felt a profound hatred of the man standing before me. How could he do this to his own daughter? I voiced my thoughts.

     "Katriona isn't technically my daughter. We adopted her." Rosforth said.

     "You adopted her? From where?" I was interested despite myself. Kat never really talked about her past to us. 

     "We adopted her from a human orphanage. Zella and I performed numerous spells to grant her wings, and powers beyond the norm. However, we didn't think that she would grow up as disobedient as she is." Rosforth frowned. 

     "Kat used to be a human?"

     "Yes." Weird! I never imagined the daughter of Rosforth and Zella to be a former-human.

       "Wait, it's possible to make a human into a fairy?" I asked, amazed.

       "If you have enough power at your disposal and the knowledge to do so, then yes." Huh, I never would have thought Rosforth would tell me all this. Wait, but why is he telling me this?      "Rat-face," I began, at a sharp look from Zella I immediately started again. "I mean, Rosforth, why are you telling me all this? We are enemies." I said, stating the obvious.

       "I will tell you the answer to that question later." he said. Then hooking his arm with Zella's the two of them left me there to ponder what Rosforth had said. 

Zella and Rosforth: Zella's PoV

     "Rosforth, why are you telling the girl all of this?" I asked, stroking his arm lightly.

     "Because I have plans that all center around her knowledge and co-operation." he replied. 

     "Why is it, that everything always revolves around those four girls?! Just what is so special about them?" I asked, annoyed.

     "Peace, dear. They are elementalists. They are powerful. And, most importantly, they are young and easily manipulated. I plan to make Meredith my apprentice, and hopefully, assuming all goes well, we will be able to recruit the other three girls. Then you, and the four of them will probably be able to lift my sister's curse. Once that is accomplished, we shall return to Fairytale, banish my sisters from the land, and get me back my rightful throne."  I didn't like that idea, but it made sense. And at least I would still get to become Queen, even though it might take a while. Rosforth's plans rarely fail. 

     "Come, my love. We have a meeting with Lily and Megan. Possibly Sian too." Rosforth said, tugging on my arm. 

 Megan and Lily:  Megan's PoV

     "Lily," I hissed, "It's eleven forty-five! We should go!"

       "Ok." came her whisper through the darkness. We got dressed in silence, then went quietly down the stairs. I headed to the door, but Lily went to the kitchen.

     "Lily! What are you doing? It's not time for a snack!" I whispered furiously. She came back holding several long, sharp carving knives.

     "Aah." I can't believe I didn't think of bringing some of those!

     "Good one!" I whispered. We each got two knives, and concealed them in various places with an easy way to access them. We crept outside, closing the door behind us. The night was dark and chilly. Only a thin sliver of moon was gracing the sky, the star weren't very bright. I shivered, it was a foreboding night. We jogged to stay warm and got to the school in ten minutes. A note was pinned to the front door. 

Lily and Megan, (Possibly Sian as well)

      Go around to the back door. It will be unlocked. Meet us in the library as we discussed earlier.

No love, Rosforth and Zella 

     I showed the note to Lily. She laughed quietly at how Zella and Rosforth had signed the note. We walked to the back of the school and tried the door. It was unlocked just as they had said it would be. We slid inside and ran to the library. Zella and Rosforth were sitting on the comfortable armchairs by the windows. We warily sat across from them, preparing to confront our deadliest enemies. 

     "So." Rosforth said quietly. I just barely resisted the urge to say 'So what?' We couldn't afford to anger these people. They had Meredith.

     "What is your proposition?" Lily asked. She sounded very sophisticated and formal. It wasn't like her. 

     "You need to get back to Fairytale. I need this stupid curse removed. If you remove my curse, I will transport you and Meredith back to Fairytale." Rosforth said. 

     "Speaking of Meredith, what have you done with her?" I asked. He ignored me. 

     "You honestly think I'm going to trust you? After all you've done to my friends and I?" Lily asked cooly.

       "One can always hope. However, this leaves you with a problem. How do you intend to get back home?" Rosforth said dryly. 

     "He's got a point." I whispered to Lily. She frowned. I could almost see the gears in her head turning; she was doing some fast thinking, something she was always good at.

       "Elidor or Alison will transport us back." She said at last.

     "Aah. But their powers don't work accurately here, neither do yours." Rosforth said.

     "And yours do?" I challenged. 

     "Yes. The curse that rendered me helpless in Fairytale strengthens and improves my accuracy and powers here on Earth. So, I transport Lily and Meredith back to Fairytale, then they help me along with my Zella to destroy or remove the curse." As much as I hated to admit it, his plan was a good one for all sides, except no-one knew what Rosforth was going to d once the curse was removed.

       "How do we know we can trust you?" Lily asked sharply.

     "You don't." He said shrugging. "But then know this," he pulled out a silver chain with four tiny beads dangling from it. "These beads contain all of your friend Meredith's powers. As long as these beads have her powers, she is as helpless as a human. No-one but myself or Zella can remove her magic from the beads. If anyone else tries, they will go into a deep sleep and will wake with their magic drained. Also, if a bead breaks, the power contained within that bead will be lost to Meredith forever. So I suggest you tread carefully. Consider my proposition." Rosforth said coldly, getting up. He pocketed the chain, then he and Zella left the library. Lily turned to face me, and her face was drawn with fear.

     "What have they done to Meredith?" she whispered. I felt a tear slide down my face.

     "We find and free her. Who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll find Katriona too." Yeah, fat chance of that happening...

     "Even if we do find and rescue her, he has a point. How are we going to get home?" she said. I had no answer. 

     "Let's worry about now, rather then later. If my mom finds out what we've been doing, she's gonna kill me." We both stood up, ran to the back door, and left the school. When ran all the way to Megan's house. When we got inside, we quietly shut the door, and tip-toes up the stairs. We made it to my room. Safe! I turned around after closing the door behind Lily. There my mom stood, in her pj's, her hands on her hips, her face contorted with fury.

     "Uh-oh." I whispered, cringing behind Lily. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9M 376K 64
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
106K 2.4K 50
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
50.4K 2.4K 17
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !