MOCKINGBIRD | Spencer Reid ✔️

By emxsal

❝ YOU KNOW, YOU'RE RUDE. ❞ ❝ WOW, YOU'RE LIKE A DETECTIVE OR SOMETHING. ❞ Scout Wiley has two sides. The... More

MOCKINGBIRD
― the introduction
― the prologue
book one ― act one
⠀⠀⠀ one
⠀⠀⠀ two
⠀⠀⠀ three
⠀⠀⠀ four
⠀⠀⠀ five
⠀⠀⠀ six
⠀⠀⠀ seven
⠀⠀⠀ eight
⠀⠀⠀ nine
⠀⠀⠀ ten
⠀⠀⠀ eleven
⠀⠀⠀ twelve
⠀⠀⠀ thirteen
⠀⠀⠀ fourteen
⠀⠀⠀ fifteen
⠀⠀⠀ sixteen
⠀⠀⠀ seventeen
⠀⠀⠀ eighteen
⠀⠀⠀ nineteen
⠀⠀⠀ twenty
book one ― act two
⠀⠀⠀ twenty one
⠀⠀⠀ twenty two
⠀⠀⠀ twenty three
⠀⠀⠀ twenty four
⠀⠀⠀ twenty five
⠀⠀⠀ twenty six
⠀⠀⠀ twenty seven
⠀⠀⠀ twenty eight
⠀⠀⠀ twenty nine
⠀⠀⠀ thirty
⠀⠀⠀ thirty one
⠀⠀⠀ thirty two
⠀⠀⠀ thirty three
⠀⠀⠀ thirty four
⠀⠀⠀ thirty five
⠀⠀⠀ thirty six
⠀⠀⠀ thirty seven
⠀⠀⠀ thirty eight
⠀⠀⠀ thirty nine
⠀⠀⠀ forty
book one ― act three
⠀⠀⠀ forty one
⠀⠀⠀ forty two
⠀⠀⠀ forty three
⠀⠀⠀ forty four
⠀⠀⠀ forty five
⠀⠀⠀ forty six
⠀⠀⠀ forty seven
⠀⠀⠀ forty eight
⠀⠀⠀ forty nine
⠀⠀⠀ fifty
⠀⠀⠀ fifty one
⠀⠀⠀ fifty two
⠀⠀⠀ fifty four
⠀⠀⠀ fifty five
⠀⠀⠀ fifty six
⠀⠀⠀ fifty seven
⠀⠀⠀ fifty eight
⠀⠀⠀ fifty nine
⠀⠀⠀ sixty
― the epilogue
― the sequel

⠀⠀⠀ fifty three

9.6K 312 809
By emxsal

F I F T Y T H R E E

SCOUT GLANCED AT her ringing cell phone, mentally cursing herself on whether or not to pick up.

The screen of her device flashed, revealing the name of her favorite blonde. If she picked up, what could she lie about? Why was JJ even calling her in the first place?

"Hello?" The brunette tried to steady her voice as well as she could as she drove with one hand.

"Scout, hey. How're you feeling?"

"Good, good," She lied through her grinding teeth. "I think I'm feeling a bit better, actually."

"You better be staying in that hotel room."

Scout rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Of course, I am. After Spencer's little freak out yesterday? I wouldn't dream of doing anything else."

In the background of their call, her fiancé's voice spoke in a far away yell.

"Freak out? I call that a perfectly reasonable reaction!"

"Right, okay." Scout chuckled back.

She should've known that JJ would've put her on speaker and the whole car was listening in on their conversation. Inwardly releasing the breath she was holding, she was just grateful they hadn't notice her leaving or the fact that she had taken on of the SUVs.

That would certainly lead to many unnecessary questions. Questions that she knew she couldn't answer.

"So, what are you doing right now?" JJ sighed, making small talk.

"Uh," She panicked.

Looking at her GPS, it would only be a matter for minutes before she arrived at the location that Angelo requested to meet her at. If she truly wanted to handle this on her own, she would need the BAU off of her back and unsuspecting any of her plans.

So, Scout said the first thing that popped into her brain:

"Masturbating. I'd invite you, but people are already talking."

There was a lull in the conversation before an extremely audible sigh from her friend erupted.

"Wiley, if you keep this up, the whole FBI is going to think that we are together."

Scout pouted, "And is that really such a bad thing?"

"Look, I've got to go. Just - don't get into any trouble and stop spreading rumors. The other day, Mikey from the Security Department asked if we wanted to have a threesome and -"

"You said yes, right?"

"What?!" Spencer's voice erupted in a yelp.

"Oops. I should let you go, JJ. The hotel just started showing reruns of George Lopez and you know how much I love that show. Bye guys!"

Scout immediately hung up the phone, wincing at the how the conversation went but was just glad that they didn't suspect anything. At least she would have one less thing to worry about.

"You have arrived at your destination." The robotic sounding voice of the GPS announced as she put the parking brake on and turned off the engine.

"Of course, the middle of nowhere. Why was I picturing a Mcdonald's parking lot?"

The Tehachapi desert was barren for miles out but thankfully, it wasn't as warm out anymore. Sunset was on the horizon and temperatures were going down along with it.

Scout tied her hair up into a ponytail before fastening the laces of her boots. Before heading out, she had changed into black leggings and a black, three quarter sleeved shirt. Angelo had said to come unarmed and alone, which she knew she had to comply with.

It was an unspoken rule amongst people who took on the profession of assassinating: if you want to live, you listen.

The brunette smirked silently to herself as she got out of the car. She quickly tugged on her bulletproof vest with the FBI insignia across her chest. Sure, she was alone and unarmed. But that didn't mean she couldn't have a few tricks up her sleeves.

The second unspoken rule amongst assassins? Never trust anyone.

"Glad to see that you've made it. I was beginning to think you were going to back out."

A rough voice shouted from behind the brunette, causing her to forget a second and turn around. She was met with a wooden bat - across the face, and the hit caused the female to slump to the floor - losing hold of her balance. She shook her head quickly and got her bearings back, however, felt a nasty throbbing pain now in her jaw.

Angrily, Scout flipped up to her feet and simultaneously chipping up her arms into a fighting position.

"A bat?" She smirked, spitting out the lump of blood that pooled in her mouth. "A bit of rookie move if you ask me."

Angelo glared at her - also dressed in dark clothing - and bore two pistols, tucked inside his straps. The bat he had hit her with was slug across his shoulder, ready to take aim again.

Scout snarled, not taking too kindly to having been caught off guard, "How do you want to go about this, kid? Looks like you aren't the kind to play fair, huh?"

"I like to play rough," Angelo cocked his head to the side, showing how confident he really was.

The brunette lunged forward, so she was close enough to disarm the guy of his weapon with a simple twist and kick. She then spun right round - lifting his wooden staff to the male's head level - and smashed it right across the side of his head.

The man slammed into the side of the SUV - trying to get his balance back - but his legs went unstable and he gave up dropping to the ground unconscious. Scout snorted in victory upon her defeated foe and twirled his bat in triumphant before throwing it on the floor.

"Don't think I'm done with you just yet, kid."

Scout grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, causing his limp head to turn and was abruptly met with her fist to his jaw. The male slumped down to the ground and blood ran out down the side of his mouth. She grasped the pistols that rested at his side and threw them away from his body. After all, Scout knew she wasn't going to shot him.

No, she was going to do far worse than that.

"No one threatens me. No one! And you're still gonna tell me who sent you." She growled, opening up the trunk and digging out jumper cables, throwing them on the ground next to Angelo's unconscious body.

Glancing around to make sure that no one else was around, she quickly scanned the area. The sudden joint of a leg sweeping under her feet caused her to drop to the floor and land on her back. Whatever air that she was breathing was knocked out of her lungs from the surprising force.

Scout took to her feet with a sarcastic chuckle before she wiped the leftover blood away that was running down the side of her mouth with the back of her hand, and again spat out the content in her mouth to the side.

Angelo growled out as he roughly grabbed her by the hair and with this, pulled her towards the car in blinding fury. She collided against the metal harshly and pushed against the pain that sent shockwaves up her left arm. Scout instantaneously kicked the male back with all of the strength in her leg, then turned, snatching his wrist with one hand and snapping the bone with a strike from the other, all while emitting a raging snarl.

The temperamental brunette growled through clenched teeth as she squeezed her left shoulder in motion of trying to feel something but only felt pain. She turned around, hearing a noise close to her, and without time to react, Angelo grabbed Scout with both hands to her shoulders and kneed her in the hip, forcefully.

Scout coughed and chocked to the floor. The dust from the desert was thick and the breathable air was getting thin.

Angelo paced slowly round the female, feeling victory upon him. She groaned as she got her train of thought back after gasping a small bit of air. Setting her sight to her attacker, she watched as he lifted the bat above his head, aiming it down to her.

"You should've learnt to follow the orders you were given." He muttered in disgust.

Angelo smirked, and brought the bat down. Swiftly, Scout's reaction set into motion.The echoing sound of bone cracking erupted in the air.

Scout took in the sight of Angelo grasping at his bloodied nose as pools of copper red drenched down his face, staining his clothes. She looked down at the tip of her boot, seeing the hidden blade she had tucked inside, also coated with the same blood.

The male screamed out, plunging to the ground and crying in overwhelming agony as Scout stood triumphantly with her cocky smile - listening to Angelo's agonizing screams, like music to her ears.

"YOU FUCKIN' BASTARD! YOU'RE FUCKIN' DEAD! YOU'RE DEAD!"

He growled, sounding more like he was making a promise while blood fell from his mouth as he spat those words. Scout knelt down and whispered in a sinister voice to Angelo's ear.

"No, but you're gonna wish you were."

Angelo's eyes lazily shut, his body going unconscious from the pain but she didn't mind. He would wake up again, soon enough.

"Wha -"

Angelo woke up with a jolting start. Nightfall had completely covered the landscape of the desert and the only light erupted from the SUV's headlights, which were directed strictly towards him.

He struggled to get up but his legs and arms were twisted behind him, wrapped in jumper cables and ensuring his body from moving.

"Why - Why haven't you just killed me?" The male sputtered out.

Scout, who watched from behind his tied body, lowly chuckled.

"Why should I? Wouldn't that be too easy? After all, you were the one who sighed up to be an assassin, kid. This is just part of the job."

She knelt down and grabbed his chin, causing him to wince from the sudden pain. He looked scared and she wasn't surprised. Who wouldn't be?

"P - Please. Just let me go! I - I promise. I promise I won't attack your friends! I won't do this anymore - please, don't kill me!"

Scout continued walked from behind his body, loving every second of Angelo's stuttering speech and frantic breathing - it was all a lie, everything he said was a lie.

"I think we both know why I'm here, Angelo." She said softly, yet held a rather twisted tone about it.

"How's your fiancé?" Quickly gasped the male, not caring what they talk about but as long as it wasn't him, that was all that mattered!

He needed to distract the female long enough for his boss to realise what she was doing. However, ignoring Angelo's question, Scout continued talking as though the young teen had not said a word.

"Now, what should I do?" She asked, "How does one kill a thing of no honour or respect for itself?"

Angelo spoke in a nervous voice, still trying to change the subject of himself.

"No - I'm serious, I really want to know."

Drawing her blades out slowly, Angelo swallowed the large lump in his throat as he watched Scout stepped closer. He had never felt so helpless in all his life! And here he was, at the mercy of the most unforgiving assassin he knew of.

"Lets start with an easy question, shall we? Who sent you?" Scout asked, with an outstanding ominous aura around her.

The male continued staring at the unstable looking brunette, having his eyes so fixed on her that everything else was turning black. He was getting tunnel vision.

"I'm going to enjoy killing him."

"What!?" Scout snapped.

Angelo spoke again, having his breathing follow in harsh puffs. "Your fiancé, Spen--"

"DON'T YOU DARE, SAY HIS NAME!"

Scout roared her warning, instantly having her blade's tip right on Angelo's forehead. She growled at the man, while restraining herself to simply not shove those blades through the male's head. She didn't want to give him such a quick death.

No, he didn't deserve that.

"Scum like you shouldn't have the privilege of speech!" Narrowing her eyes in pure hatred as a notion entered Scout's head, she snarled in a low hellish tone.

Stopping dead in her sentence, the brunette gave Angelo a look that sent nothing but the most violent and chilling of shivers down his spine.

"In fact, if I remember correctly, you drugged me with some strong stuff yesterday didn't you?" Whispered the female, tilting her head ever so slightly and giving a most twisted smile.

Angelo started sweating and puffing his breaths, his face flushed as his body fell from hot to cold in a quick repeating motion. Scout looked to his pockets and all the drugs inside, and lulled.

"Hmm. I knew that I didn't faint from heat exhaustion. So, I wonder what we have here in your big old goodie bag of fun, drugs, and toys?" She asked, as he relinquished his blade from Angelo's forehead.

Scout sheathed her knife and crept over, picking up each bottle one by one. She was reading them in her head while Angelo was gasping and trying to calm himself.

"Don't waste your energy." Scout warned, not taking her eyes off the pills as she sensed the male trying to undo the cables.

The male felt utterly helpless to the mercy of this suddenly psychotic - normally well balanced - female. Scout stopped reading once she found a drag she could use and have some fun with first. She looked to Angelo, and allowed a very sinister smile to appear on her face as she read out the bottle's name.

"Anaesthetic."

Angelo chocked back a fearful lump that had lodged itself in his throat.

"Now," Scout spoke, sounding innocent but still so very twisted. "I wonder what will happen if I stick this in your throat?"

"No - please."

Angelo jerked slightly, pleading and begging in sorrow.

"Shall we find out?" Scout asked.

Looking at the female's face, Angelo was setting in for a panic attack as he spat fearfully.

"You've lost it, you've gone mad! - Please don't, Sco--"

"SHUT UP!"

Scout growled, giving the teen a swift punch in the jaw and instantly getting the desired silence she wanted. The brunette leaned in to him and whispered into his ear in a dark whisper.

"Now take your medicine, like a good little boy."

Angelo shook his head.

"No, PLEASE!" He begged. "Don't do this! Please! I won't go near you or your family again, I'll - leave and - and I'll never come back! Please have mercy."

Angelo begged, whimpered and whined as the female walked over to him while smiling and humming a merry nameless tune as she done it - completely ignoring the man's pleas.

Angelo continued begging Scout as she slowly picked up a big needle and filled it with the Anaesthetic. Turning to him, the female leaned forward - looking Angelo dead in the eye - after she had listened to the whining long enough.

"You should have thought of all that," She snarled lowly, holding the needle up close to his face. "Before you threatened my family!"

"Please, I'm sorry. Please don't--"

"AHH! Shut up!" Scout jammed the needle in Angelo's neck roughly, and squeezed out every drop of liquid inside the syringe.

Sudden snippets of picturing Spencer lying motionless and dead, flickered before Scout's eyes and it only enraged her more. She yanked the needle out, gritting her teeth hard while snarling.

"How does it feel to be drugged, huh? Being an assassin isn't what you thought it would be, is it?"

Angelo helplessly laid back in submission as his throat numbed. Crawling under his skin, the Anaesthetic made its way up, past his mouth and down his neck - just to his collarbone, numbing his shoulders as well as his face and neck.

Scout stood next to him and with a long calming sigh, she waited for the effect of the drug to kick in to the full. After all, she didn't want her victim to pass out on her now. Eventually, the brunette pulled out her dagger - automatically attracting Angelo's attention. Scout gazed at her small blade a few moments before having the male's eyes wince and flicker as she averted her sights to him.

"Now," She gruffly whispered, sending more chills of utter fear down Angelo's spine. "You're going to tell me who sent you or you're really going to regret it."

"I - I don't know his name! I swear!"

"Liar!" Scout snarled, pressing her boot into his abdomen.

"I swear! I swear!" He cried out, tears streaming down his face. "All I know is that he employed you, he said you went rogue and needed to be put back into your place!"

She cocked her head to the side, "What did he tell you to do? Did you tell you to kill me? To - to kill -"

Scout paused as she placed a delicate hand over the bump of her belly, signaling the baby that was growing inside.

"N - No! He never said anything about you being pregnant! He just said - to scared you and to - to -"

"To what?"

Angelo glanced away, "To kill Doctor Spencer Reid - to kill your distraction."

The brunette took a step back, her heart dropping to the pit of her stomach. He knew? He knew that Spencer and her were together?

"And that's it?" Scout's eyes flickered.

"Yes! Yes, I swear! Please, that's all I know."

"Then I guess that means you're of no use to me." She nodded and shrugged, "Lets get that tongue out, shall we?"

Angelo's eyes widened as he groaned a weak moan of protest, while Scout straddled him.

"Open wide." Scout said, moving the blade closer & closer and completely ignoring the male's sobbing cries.

Angelo tried to struggle, but in his efforts, the brunette took hold of him more forcefully - and in his weaken state, he was simply no match for her. Tears filled his eyes as he shrieked and squealed while Scout began a jagged, saw-like motion, cutting the tongue out from Angelo's mouth. Blood flooded out like a red wined river. After, Scout smirked, holding the tongue in the palm of her hand and threw it over her shoulder with a shrug.

"Ahh, you didn't need that anyway."

She sighed, relaxing back slightly on Angelo's busted legs. The male rolled his eyes in powerful pain, while the sadistic female chuckled to herself, watching such facial expressions contort and marry on her enemy's face.

"Now, I have a question to ask," Calmly said Scout. "You see, the thing I don't get, is why would you choose to live your life killing people?"

The female shrugged, still holding that twisted calmness about her.

"It just bugs me is all, and I kinda wanna know."

After several seconds, Scout ridged her brow, staring at the pale drained male before her and began tapping on her knees with her fingernails, still waiting for an answer.

"Hmmmm, the silent type, eh?" She muttered, sarcastically, before scratching her head and laughed.

"Oh," Scout lightly patted her wide, smiling mouth with her hand.

"Maybe I should have asked you that question before I cut your tongue out, huh?"

Angelo just sat there, growing groggier looking by the second, gargling, and chocking as his eyesight began to fade and the river flow of blood slowed.

"What's ah matter?" Snorted the brunette. "Something got your tongue?"

Scout laughed sadistically and also gave Angelo a sucker punch in the shoulder.

"Ahh. Learn to laugh, man. Where's your sense of humor? I found that funny."

The female shook her head softly before her smile faded as she watched Angelo begin choking on his blood more violently and his eyes roll in his head. His face had slowly turned pale as Scout was talking and he was ready to die.

Angelo softly closed his eyes but instantly opening them again as Scout grabbed him by the shirt's collar and shook him violently, shouting with aggression.

"HEY, I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET!"

Scout let go of Angelo and his eyes remained fearfully fixed on the brunette. She give him a sinister smile as she stood up straight on her knees, still in that straddling position to the man, with her knees on both sides of the male's hips.

"This is for Spencer!"

Scout sneered, with a very slight twitch of her right hand grasping the blade. Without a moment's thought, there was the resounded crack of ribs. Angelo's body jolted as he felt pain in his chest like he had never felt before.

Swiftly fixing his sights to his chest, Angelo's eyes widened when seeing Scout's hand was buried deep inside it. Utterly shock driven, Angelo looked the female dead in her wicked eyes - now knowing his time was up for sure. Scout leaned forward, sneering.

"I want to see what color your heart truly is!"

The growl was so full of hate, and pure resentment for the man before her. Angelo watched as the female assassin ripped his heart from his chest, and without delay, his eyes shut instantaneously, having immediate death. Scout held Angelo's heart in the palm of her powerful hand while examining it momentarily, before she took her dagger and forcefully pinned his heart to the ground next to his head.

"Sweet dreams, kid."

The female pressed kiss of death on the corpse's cheek, feeling somewhat better now knowing Angelo was no longer alive. After Scout had slowed her breathing down, she looked at the mess of Angelo's body and she knew what she had just done was wrong, but it made a dead weight lift from her mind and she did in fact, feel better knowing that her family was now safe from.

"I can see you handled the situation like you usually do." A calming voice spoke behind her.

Startled that she had been caught, Scout jumped to her feet and held her blade in a defensive manner at the voice. She struggled to see who is was because of the SUV's headlights. The figure walked closer and the breath that she was holding escaped her in relief.

"What are you doing here?"

Xander, who cocked his head to the side, glanced between her and the dead body she had just killed.

"I see you haven't lost your touch."

The brunette bit down on her bottom lip, dropping the blade, "I shouldn't have done it. I shouldn't have kill him. I just - couldn't control myself. He threatened him - threatened me."

The elder man walked to his niece, grabbed her by the chin gently. Scout winced at the sudden touch, knowing her jaw was bruised from the first blow Angelo had given her with his bat.

"Don't worry, it's treatable. Being a bitch though, nothing we can do about that." Xander shrugged, taking a wipe from his pocket and cleaning her face.

Scout scoffed and repeated, "What are you doing here? You never leave Virginia."

"Ha, that's what you would think. I just never tell you when I leave." He cleared his throat.

"I hacked your medical files, found out you fainted from an anomaly. Thought it would be better if I came and checked up on you. Turns out my hunch was right."

"You hacked my medical files?" Scout raised her brow.

"I told you. It's my job to keep you safe. Your mother would run me over with her wheelchair if anything happened to you on my watch."

She smirked but silently let her uncle continue to clean her face up. The occasional wince would crawl up her spine but she ignored it.

"I'm proud of you."

"For what?" Scout pointed towards the dead body. "For that?"

"Uh huh. You did the right thing."

She rolled her eyes, "Killing isn't the right thing. I should've - I don't know - turned him over to the BAU or something."

"And what? Risk the possibility of them finding out your secret? I've taught you better than that, Scout. You killed him because you had no other choice."

"He was just a kid!"

"No, he wasn't it! He was training to be an assassin. You did the lesser of two evils. You killed him before he had the chance of killing anyone else. Think about it, how many people have you murdered?"

Scout paused.

"I don't - I don't know."

"Exactly. Killing him - killing a kid - it's not something to be proud of yourself. But I'm proud of you because you acted on instinct. You didn't think about it. You didn't hesitate."

"I'm like some sort of train monkey, Xander."

The old blonde smirked, "Stop acting like you don't have a mind of your own, kid. If I recall correctly, you made a choice while working on this mission."

"Yeah, what choice?" She scoffed again.

"You chose Spencer."

Scout froze, the shocks of pain no longer rolled off of her body. Instead, they were replaced with a comfortable warmth that rose up to her cheeks.

"And you chose that baby of yours. Scout, you have a mind of your own. You're not just some lacky with a strong gun and good aim. And sure, you've made your mistakes but from the looks of things, you're trying to fix them. And that should be enough proof to anyone that Scout Wiley isn't evil. Don't you?"

Scout pursed her lips before a small, shy smile curved. Whatever doubt she had inside of her was gone.

Hesitantly, the brunette reached out her arms toward her uncle before he engulfed her into a tight hug. He stroked the back of her messy hair, letting her finally find some form of comfort in someone else. Someone that knew all of her secrets and still loved her for them.

"Now c'mon," Xander let go and rested his hands on her shoulders, "You should get going before they notice you left your hotel."

Scout grimaced before nudging towards the floor, "What about him?"

"I'll handle it. Just - go back to your nerdy doctor. And cover up that bruise, kid!"

Scout sighed as she entered her hotel room and shut the door behind her. The silence of the room was comforting to her, it signaled that the BAU was still out trying to catch an unsub and that she wouldn't be suspicious of anything.

Immediately, she stripped herself of the bloodied clothes she wore and dumped them into the trash bin. They were ripped and torn, mainly because of the fight she was in and could no long be used again.

The squeak of the shower handle shrieked and echoed the large empty tiled room. Scout winced, hearing such a sharp shrill sound screech through her like china being rubbed together before recovering. Stepping under the pouring water, she immediately grit her teeth to the temperature of the water.

The brunette leaned both hands against the wall, resting herself upon them feeling the water run soundly down her as she shut her eyes and lowering her head between her stretched out arms, relieving in the fall of water upon her once more. God! how that water felt so good, she felt a little comfort from the raining shower as though she was safe under this heavy storm.

She stood a moment longer in that position before pulling back her hands from the wall and turning against it where she sank slowly, having and feeling the vibrations run through her as her back grinded down the wall. It did very little in comfort but now that she was actually looking down her belly did she felt rather sullen about it. Suddenly, her whole body needed a lot to be desired compared to what it use to be.

Her bruises were minor, and thankfully, her belly was completely protected by the bulletproof vest she wore earlier. Slowly, she trailed her fingers down the bump.

"Oh, baby boy. You have no idea, do you?"

The bump was smaller than what she should've had at 3 months. To the untrained eye, it just looked like she needed to do a bit of sit ups. It scared her but all of the doctors said the same thing: that baby is healthy.

After inspecting her body and seeing the little damage to it, her mind overwhelmed with thought of other aspects and she simply did not care for her body. Since she was a teen, she had never cared. She was an assassin. Her body was going to get scratched, beaten and ripped.

Dwelling in tough thought, she slowly pulled her knees up and rested her head between them, enclosing her arms over her head as though she was shielding herself from something.

"What am I going to do, baby boy? What are we going to do?"

The words that scarcely escaped her breath as she remained there, listening to the shower as though it were rain. It sounded like it was falling at a speed upon her, splattering and hydrating while she held in her weak position thinking deeply on current information and events.

"Spencer loves me and her wants to marry me. And he loves you too, baby boy. He loves us both. But - I don't think he still would if he found out about my secret. And I can't risk telling him. You need your daddy. I need him too. So, it's going to be my job to protect you. - It's going to be our little secret, okay? And Uncle Xander is going to take care of you, just like how he takes care of me. And no one - no one is going to hurt you. No one is going to take you away from me. You and me are in this together."

A deep growl rumbled in her throat upon the pain, before a noise caught her attention. Scout opened her eyes, hearing the sudden creaking sound of a door through the hissing of the shower water. She held a fixed stare at her shower cubicle door, hearing a soft voice echo through out the room.

"Scout?"

She said not a word, just remained quite under the poring down fall of the shower water. Ignoring and wishing whoever that was would go away and leave her to have five minuets of peace alone to herself.

"Scout, are you in here?"

Hearing a knock on the shower door, the female relinquished her weakened position and watched as she was unable to stop the door from opening. She felt her heart flutter softly, seeing it was Spencer who peeked his head round, catching sight of her looking out of character. Though she was happy to see him, she looked angry from what the young doctor could tell.

"Hey," He sounded softly, giving a vague smile.

Scout feeling utter disgust with herself right now, replied with a small mumble as she averted her eyes to the floor.

"Hey."

Inside, she was in a battle of emotion. Spencer was the one person she had been searching for but could never find and now, she had found him. But it still didn't change the wrenched feeling in her fluttering heart.

"What happened to your face?"

Spencer sounded a little more shocked than he had intended, getting quite a nasty scowl from Scout. He swallowed at the look of fury before seeing her turn her sights away immediately, wishing she hadn't looked at him like that.

It was her fault, not his. The pregnant woman's heart held worry and fear, as did her expression.

"Scout?"

He timidly spoke, inching himself in a little to the shower cubicle, unsure of which way to go. It was either enter the shower with her or leave. What Spencer really wanted to do was hold her so close and lovingly in his strong embrace but judging by the looks of her, she was not in the mood to even be talking.

"I know you're most likely going to tell me to fuck off, but are you okay, Scout?"

Scout jolted her sights to him after hearing the use of language he used.

She pondered to herself, finding it a little amusing but simply couldn't be bothered to even chuckle at the thought, nothing was funny right now, Nothing.

Spencer gazed at her, watching the water run so beautifully down her body. It was flowing like a gentle flow down around her chest and running down her belly. He waited for an answer but he didn't mind her silence. It felt as though they were laying eyes on each other for the first time, but could never read each other's thoughts.

"I - I - You won't believe me if I told you." Scout stuttered out, unaware of how little her voice sounded in that moment.

Spencer took in another step, his whole body now in the shower with her. His clothes were drenched from the water that continued to stream down, his brown locks that once curled were now laying limp.

"Try me."

"I - I took one of the SUV's out. I was trying to find the unsub by myself but I got lost after I caught a cold trail. And instead of asking Garcia to help me, I went to this bar to ask for directions."

Scout swallowed hard and looked away.

"I knew I shouldn't have flashed my FBI badge but I didn't think about it. Some drunk butch-looking woman got mad and swung at me. I - I didn't stop her in time."

"Well, do you remember what she looked like? Maybe we should go back and see if they're security cameras. I'm sure we can find out who she was-"

"Spencer," The brunette stopped him, "I don't - I don't care about that. Please, just - don't."

"O - Okay."

Spencer stammering slightly but nevertheless, having a soft smile fall upon him from the woman standing before him. Scout watched as he slowly traced his sights down and stopped at her stomach, he stared a moment only to feel his heart flutter.

"I'm just glad that you're both okay."

Those words never sounded so sweeter coming from him, instantly causing a chain reaction of Scout's heart leaping for joy before she broke down with tears of relief hearing him say that.

"So you're not mad?"

She sobbed. Spencer gasped, nearly chocking on the running shower water.

"What? Why would I be mad?"

His tone was almost an abrupt demand to know why but all Scout done was shrug, not quite sure why she thought such things.

"Love, I'm not mad."

He assured softly, with a gentle shake of his head.

"I just want you both to always be safe. I want to protect you from everything, even though I know that I can't always be there for you two."

She nodded quickly, hurdling away a lone tear that had trickled down her cheek. Her heart almost stopped and she felt a thrill of relief as he held out his arms, welcoming her to him under the downpour of the shower water,

"Can I hold my family?" Spencer asked, so timidly.

Scout cried and without hesitation, she immediately took to his offer and placed herself between him, falling into an emotional hug, relaxing against him.

"Aww, Scout."

Spencer breathed her name so softly, finding the most rewarding comfort as he held her, nearly feeling himself break at the sound of Scout sobbing and mumbling in shock.

"I'm so sorry, Spence."

"Sshh- it's alright, sweetheart."

Her fiancé only slightly tightened his hug to her, trying to keep his hold of her as gentle as he could and added a soft whisper.

"I love you, Scout."

The young woman trembled and sobbed harder, hearing his voice speak those sweet words. She pulled her head back from under his chin to look him in the eyes, she could swear he was crying but it was difficult to tell due to the shower downpour,

"Spencer," She cried soulfully. "I love you. I love you so much."

Immediately Spencer felt her mouth to his, having him softly shut his eyes, slowly receiving and savouring the kiss. Scout depend the kiss, having him accept her tongue to his. He felt her stomach brush against his stomach, reminding him of the baby.

Scout shrilled, pulling back from the kiss and cupping his face, "Spencer please, don't ever leave me!"

Without hesitation, Spencer spoke, looking her dead in the eyes.

"That's never going to happen, Scout."

Before he knew it, the brunette was kissing him more passionately. Spencer slowly caressed her cheek, taking the kiss at a calmer speed. The doctor turned it to a slow romantic one. After all, they had all the time in the world now and he really wanted to savor this moment.

Unfortunately, he didn't know where else to put his free hand. Normally, he would have set it to wander where he pleased, all over her. Feeling and caressing everything, but this time he was overly hesitant and just held it at his side.

Scout could feel he was a little jittery. So slowly, she broke from the most romantic kiss she had ever shared with her lover and looked in his eyes, seeing a little confusion and uncertainty. The young female had a very good idea why, so she sought to help him right now.

Spencer watched what she was doing, seeing her turn and rest her back against his chest ever so gently. He wrapped his arms round her chest area, only to have Scout gently grasping his hands and very slowly, softly place them on her stomach.

"Scout -"

Spencer gasped inwardly, shocked at what he was feeling. The area she just placed his hands seemed so delicate and vulnerable, he was trembling slightly in case he was too heavy handed.

Scout was relaxed, resting her head against his chest while gently caressing his legs as he moved and rubbed his hands very gently, getting familiar with the baby bump. It wasn't as scary as he thought but he was still shaking slightly. She leaned her head back, looking up at him. Watching his expression of shocked delight as he moved his hand over his unborn child.

Spencer was speechless, the overwhelming powerful emotion he felt run through him upon contact to her stomach caused him to cry.

"Ahh God, you're so beautiful," He whispered in pure contentment. "Both of you."

The tall doctor held his hands still on her stomach, he already loved the young one inside. His wonderful baby growing inside his future wife, it was all so perfect. Scout lifted her hand to his face, gently caressed his cheek as he leaned his head down, he murmured before setting a most loving kiss upon her lips.

"I love you."

"And I love you more."

Contently whispered Scout, before welcoming his seal of affection. Shivering in delight, she moaned softly into the kiss hoping this moment would never end. His hands so attentively and so very carefully caressing her as he continued in a pleasurable growl when he was rewarded with more shivers and gentle moans. The two remained under the shower, kissing romantically minutes longer before they set off to bed.

Please consider voting/commenting if you like this story and want show your support for more content.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
6,558 words.
My longest chapter ever, woah.

a special thanks to readers who comment:
@sweet_pea54
@breedawnwriter
@acedeweeb413
@bbycmb
@_stxdia_
@-cruzzii
@kermitese
@musaline
@babyyona_
@sarcasticandshy
@wackynatty
@bbgmgg
@moonlightascending
@kmn969
@denauticat
@ell_hound
@larae333
@cyn161
@tearsthatrain037
@parkersherron
@selenophile_moon
@heymollyhowyadoin
@liviakate25
@cloudsinmycoffee16

·        ·        ·        ·        ·

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 41.2K 60
In which a girl genius meets a boy genius. "𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝑜𝒻, 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓂𝑒"...
89.4K 2.4K 56
Sergeant Abigail (Abby) Laurens transfers to the BAU after an operation in Iraq goes horribly wrong and she loses the one man she's ever truly loved...
348K 9K 63
NEW STORY Adira has been captive for one thousand two hundred and eighty nine days. She has held onto hope, but when each attempt to recapture the...
79.8K 1.8K 19
Y/N has always dreamed of going to Paris and her team at the BAU wanted to help make that dream a reality. The group is more like family than coworke...