June In May

By trimagical_

June Wolez wants to find her soulmate before she turned sixteen, and she has a month remaining for that. A s... More

• Author's Note •
Chapter 1 - The Soulmate Theory
Chapter 2 - A Consideration
Chapter 3 - Mysteriel
Chapter 4 - A New Student?
Chapter 5 - Birthday Party
Chapter 6 - Connected
Chapter 7 - Accused Cheaters
Chapter 8 - Grounded
Chapter 9 - Crush Exposed
Chapter 10 - His Truth
Chapter 11 - First Heartbreak
Chapter 12 - Underneath The Smile
Chapter 13 - Destined Date
Chapter 14 - Face It
Chapter 15 - Breaking In
Chapter 16 - Assaulted
Chapter 17 - Interesting Discovery
Chapter 18 - My Boyfriend
Chapter 19 - New Experiences
Chapter 20 - Blocked
Chapter 21 - Not You
Chapter 22 - Missed Confrontation
Chapter 23 - My Destroyer
Chapter 24 - Trampled
Chapter 25 - Farewell
Chapter 26 - New Hope
Chapter 27 - Believe In Yourself
Chapter 28 - Saying Yes
Chapter 30 - He's My Soulmate, Right?
Chapter 31 - In Love
Chapter 32 - The Biggest Fool
Chapter 33 - Brighter Future
Chapter 34 - All Liars
Chapter 35 - June In May

Chapter 29 - Exams

4.4K 233 28
By trimagical_

Chapter 29 - Exams

June Wolez

That night, after I got home, I couldn't believe that Troy was my boyfriend. Just a few days ago, it was Methane, and now, it was Troy. I almost felt like a...

I shook my head to not think further. I wouldn't let the judgment of other people dictate to me. I should only do what makes me happy. And Troy made me happy. He always had.

I just hadn't realized. He was the perfect prince charming I wanted. He was kind, caring, and genuine. He wasn't creepy like Methane at all. The best thing was, I had known Troy and his family for five years, and he would never do something like Methane. I could fully trust him.

But I hope I wasn't making the wrong decision. After all, Troy was at the stage of life where he was making big decisions. He told me that the reason he asked me to forget his confession on the night of his birthday was that he was dealing with too much back then and he didn't want to drag me into it. He admitted that he was now in a happy place to start dating, but I wasn't.

I assured him that I was almost over Methane, but he told me that he would give me more time. We would start dating officially after each of our finals were over. Until then, we would act like normal, and I was cool with it.

Now, I couldn't wait for the exams to start and end.

After I finished showering and changed into my nightwear, ready to study, I found a text from Troy.

Troy: Best of luck studying! I'm also going to study now ;(

I chuckled at his text and replied to him.

June: Just a few more days, then guess what? We can have our summer vacation!

Troy: My only motivation ;)

My heart fluttered at the wink emoji.

June: Same

Troy: Anyway, get back to studying. No idle chats before exams -.-

Chuckling, I placed my phone down. If it was Methane in his place right now, he would have kept chatting and kept me occupied with his talks. He would have said that he didn't care about my studies, and I probably would have found that cute. On the other hand, Troy cared about my studies. He wanted me to do well. While asking your girlfriend to get back to studying wasn't as romantic as, 'babe, stay a little while longer,' I really appreciated that about him.

I was about to sit at my study table when my eyes fell on the Polaroid camera gifted by Methane. I stared at it for a moment before grabbing a wrapping paper and making it into a gift. Once it was prepared, I grinned in satisfaction.

This would make for a nice present for whoever's birthday was next. I would feel bad for just throwing it in the trash, so why not just give it to someone?

However, as for the pendant Methane gave me, that goes straight into the trash can.

I felt like a huge burden was off my chest. With a big smile, I started studying.

###

"God, finally, the exams are over! This whole week was torture!" Michael exclaimed, jumping up and down while hugging Joshua's hand as we were all heading out of the campus.

Joshua laughed. "True. I'm just glad that we have this two-month summer break to look forward to, starting this June."

"And June's birthday!" Ella exclaimed.

"Yes, one more week till our dear June's sweet sixteens," Violet added.

"Damn, you are the youngest one among us, yet the most mature of all," Neil expressed.

I laughed in irony. "Please I have had my fair share of immature decisions over the month." Like Methane—the biggest mistake of my life till now.

"Anyway, I don't care who is mature or not. Tonight, we are all going to party!" Ella shouted in excitement. She turned to all of us and asked, "Whose house is free for a party?"

We were currently in the parking lot of our school campus. We looked at each other, asking through our eyes whose house would be the best.

"You know what? My house. It's been a while since we had a party there," Violet volunteered.

"Oh, gosh, V, I love you. You know, I love the parties at your place the most!" Ella chirped and went for a hug to Violet, who was pulled into Neil's arms by a swift tug.

"You can have her later. Right now, I'm trying to bask in my love's presence. I have missed her too much over the last week," Neil reasoned.

Ella rolled her eyes. "Please, Neil, you guys studied together for all the exams. What are you talking about?"

"Did you forget their 'no touching while studying,' policy, Els?" I asked, chuckling.

"Exactly. While relationships are good, there's no need for one of us to fail in exams for that," Neil said wisely, and I nodded in agreement.

"We second that," Michael chimed in.

"And I third that," I said with a grin, and all of them turned their gaze at me. "What?"

"How? Your ex-boyfriend was a manipulating jerk who distracted you from studies," Ella pointed out.

I continued grinning and looked ahead as a car pulled up in the parking lot. A familiar blonde whom I had been yearning to see came out of the car, and the width of my grin increased.

"Well, my present boyfriend is an angel who totally understands the necessity of doing good results," I chirped and rushed ahead to throw myself into the arms of Troy, who lifted me up and twirled me around.

I could almost picture the identical comical expressions on my friends' faces as they gaped at me and my boyfriend with shock.  But I didn't care about that at the moment. All I could feel was Troy.

"I missed you so much," I let out, hugging him tightly.

"I missed you too," he said back and kissed my cheek.

How did I ever go on weeks without talking to him before? It felt impossible now.

Even if it was for a few minutes, we talked to each other through our windows every day. But we couldn't be close enough to each other, that's why I was so excited to finally be able to hug him.

I hadn't told any of my friends about him yet, because I wanted it to be a surprise for all of them after the exams were over.

And it was definitely worth it.

Once Troy let me down on my feet, I turned to my friends to find them all with the exact expressions I had been hoping for from them.

I grinned and draped my arms around Troy's elbow. "So?" I asked after loudly clearing my throat.

They all snapped out of their trance and started talking all at once.

"Oh, my God, since when are you two a thing?"

"Junes, I'm hurt that you didn't tell me!"

"I must admit, I like Troy a lot better for you than Methane."

"Congratulations."

"Damn, you guys are so cute together!"

Troy and I laughed at their enthusiasm.

"Chill, guys. I'll tell you everything soon," I said, but they didn't pay any heed.

"No, you have to talk right now. Spill the beans, girl. I want the tea right now!" Ella demanded almost aggressively.

"Fine, fine."

###

"Your friends are all really nice," Troy commented once the two of us were settled into his car.

"They are, and they all really like you," I told him honestly.

"Well, I sure hope so. It was nice of Violet to invite me to her party."

"Yep. Be sure to be well-dressed because her family is loaded. She lives in a freaking mansion."

"We all have that one loaded friend in the group, don't we all?"

I laughed in agreement.

"So what made you want to come to my school?" I asked.

"Well, I thought it would be nice to surprise my girlfriend and finally let the cat out of the bag and to show some people that you aren't drowning in depression from your breakup with Methane."

I smiled at him. I had told him how people would throw me pitiful looks and occasionally ask me if I was doing okay. It was really sweet of them, but it was starting to get old. Even though we had been dating for over a week, it was supposed to officially begin today. So in that way, I have had ten days to get over Methane, and I think I was over him completely.

Yes, thinking about him still made me hurt, but that meant nothing. It was a fact that he hurt me, and of course, thinking about it would hurt me. That's why I avoided thinking about him at all. I let myself drown in the thoughts of Troy.

"So are you ready for our little date before Violet's party?" he asked.

I placed my hand over his on the gear lever and said with a grin, "Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 935 2
✨ NOW A FREE eBOOK! ✨ Allison doesn't think much of her strange encounter with a psychic, until she wakes up the next morning with her yes's coming o...
19.2K 1.9K 59
Meet Kara Stratford. This academically focused seventeen-year old is your typical teenage girl. The perfect epitome of procrastination and moodiness...
356 30 24
Jordan is a 16-year-old who goes to any stupid, boring high school like anybody else. There are a few different things about her though. A voice is t...
18.6K 1.8K 41
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...