Ticked Off [Boku No Hero Acad...

By Xenolis

• ON HIATUS/OCCASIONAL UPDATES • Midoriya Izuku attracted trouble. It was just a fact of life - the sky was b... More

PROLOGUE: BANISHER (rewritten)
1: USJ
2: SPORTS FESTIVAL: SHINSOU
3: SPORTS FESTIVAL: TODOROKI
4: QUIRK TEST: ALL MIGHT
5: QUIRK TEST: NEDZU & AIZAWA
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: CHOKE
6: INTERNSHIP
7: HERO KILLER
8: HERO KILLER: AFTERMATH
9: SPARRING & ONI
10: FINAL EXAMS
11: PATROL
12: SHIGARAKI
13: TRAINING CAMP
14: TRAINING CAMP: VILLAIN ATTACK
15: CAPTURED
16: ALL FOR ONE
17: ALL FOR ONE: AFTERMATH
ALTERNATE TAKE: ALL FOR ONE
ALTERNATE TAKES: USJ & ESCAPE
HOLIDAY SPECIAL: SNOWBALL (1)
HOLIDAY SPECIAL: SNOWBALL (2)
18: ULTIMATE MOVES
19: BACK TO THE FUTURE
20: FOND
21: NEWS
22: TWIST
23: JOKE'S ON AIZAWA
24: TARGETS
VALENTINE'S SPECIAL: SWEET SCARS
25: DESTRUCTION
26: DEKU VS KACCHAN
KATSUKI'S INTERLUDE: INTROSPECTIVE
27: FAMILY
28: CRIMINAL
29: REVELATIONS
30: MASQUERADE. (April Fool's! [1])
30: PROGRESS
31: IT'S JUST A PHASE
EASTER SPECIAL: HOP
32: SIBLINGS (1)
33: SIBLINGS (2)
34: SIBLINGS (3)
FATHER'S DAY SPECIAL: WONDER
4TH JULY SPECIAL: FIREWORK
BIRTHDAY SPECIAL: SNACKS
BONUS CHAPTER: TWO HEROES [1/2]
BONUS CHAPTER: TWO HEROES [2/2]
CLOCKWISE [1/3]
CLOCKWISE [2/3]
CLOCKWISE [3/3]
SUMMONERS: SPECTRAL SUPPORT [1/5]
SUMMONERS: MURDERED MURDER [2/5]
SUMMONERS: CORVID CONDUCTOR [3/5]
SUMMONERS: PERFECT PREPARATIONS [4/5]
SUMMONERS: EXECUTION VS RESURRECTION [5/5]
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: MIRROR
HOLIDAY SPECIAL: WARMTH
VALENTINE'S SPECIAL: WARMTH (2)
35: PERFORMANCE. (April Fool's! [2])
35: CAMERA
36: VICTIMS & TRAINING
37: SALVAGED
38: GHOST OF SEPTEMBER PAST
39: PREPARATIONS
40: WORK STUDY
41: FORESIGHT
42: RAID
43: ANGEL'S GUARDIAN
44: FUTURE'S STRENGTH
45: TIME AGAIN
46: COMFORT
48: EXPLODE
49: ASSISTANT
50: GENTLE CRIMINAL
51: FESTIVITIES
52: NEW AGE
53: SUPPORT
54: REUNION
55: OCHAKO'S INTERLUDE: REWIND
56: QUIRK TEST: URARAKA
57: ELATION
58: PEPPER
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: BLADE

47: FABLE

3.6K 231 291
By Xenolis

Your weekly reminder to eat, drink, sleep, and medicate if necessary!! Do it. I dare you.

Enjoy!! <3

Discord server, if you're going into the unknooownnn: https://discord.gg/DSBF4dP

~

"Look, look!" Ashido exclaimed, stretching out her arms. "Look at me!"

For a few beats she did a little footwork, hopping from side to side, then flung herself up into a airborne spin and landed on one palm with her legs kicked out, before dropping into a twirling breakdance. Hagakure and Sero cheered her on enthusiastically, and the rest of the kids in the classroom observed in awe. Izuku couldn't help but smile, buoyed by the excitement of his friends. Aoyama sidled into place next to him, bitterly remarking how Ashido had wronged him over the school year. He let out a soft laugh, only to freeze as Ashido's attention snapped to him and she leapt back to her feet.

"Midori, you fight like a dancer – I challenge you to a dance-off!" Ashido proclaimed, pointing a threatening pink finger at him.

Izuku threw up his hands in a panicked surrender, consequently accidentally launching his notebook across the room. "W-what? Ashido-chan, um, I-"

"Ugh, just copy what I do, then we'll see how good you are," she groaned, raising her boxed arms. "Okay, boy, let's dance!"

"You've got this, Deku-kun!" Ochako interjected with a supportive grin.

Ashido moved into a simple two-step, padding forwards and back, then left and right, swinging her arms along with each movement. He observed carefully, already slightly mimicking her actions to practise, then fully copying her. Ashido let out a whoop of delight, clapping her hands together and sparking the others into elated applause.

"I told you! It's not that different from learning how to fight!" She said happily, then shifted back into a neutral stance. "Okay, try this – s'called the Grapevine!"

Ashido stepped to the right, brought her left foot behind, then moved right again with a slight bodyroll and a smooth arm movement, before retracing her steps in the same fashion and repeating the move a few times. She looked up at her opponent, clicking finger-guns towards him, and he obligingly matched the dance, much to her glee.

"Damn, Midori," she whistled, then her face lit up in devious joy. "Since you're super strong and I know you can carry me easily, you wanna try a lift?"

He automatically nodded, even though it felt like signing a death sentence, and her smile grew even more sinister as she whipped out her phone. She stepped in close and showed him a brief tutorial of a lift called The Travelling Basket – a move which left no possibility of him accidentally dropping his friend on her face. Izuku watched it a couple more times before he was sure he could do it perfectly, then widened his stance and draped his arm around Ashido's waist, and she put aside her phone to curve her arm over his shoulders. They both lowered their poses to lean into the movement, and he placed one hand on her stomach to lift her and turn both of them in a few circles with Ashido's legs extended elegantly. He raised his free hand to grasp the back of her thigh, continuing to spin along a loose line as she lifted her legs and settled in a comfortable bridal-style carry in his arms.

She let out a laugh as she was carefully placed back on her feet to raucous applause. "That was so much fun! I can finally have a dance partner!"

*

Aizawa had announced the school culture festival and opened the gates to hell by giving the kids free reign on ideas. They eventually decided on a dance under the lead of Ashido, to a song guided by Jirou. Since Izuku was still catching up on schoolwork with Ochako, Tsu, Eijirou, and Tokoyami after they'd missed a lot of classes due to the work study, Ashido couldn't drag him into helping her teach the amateurs.

He went with Aizawa and Togata to the hospital to visit Eri, upon her request. The doctors and nurses who had been tending to her lingered nervously in the doorway, cautious of another relapse. Aizawa merely leant on the doorframe with crossed arms. Izuku grinned at him before sitting down on one of the stools by the girl's bed, Togata settling down next to him and looking far too big for his seat. Eri was kneeling in the middle of her bed in a hospital gown, hands balled in her lap, bare arms displaying pink scars.

"Hey, Eri-chan!" Izuku greeted happily.

"Good to see you again!" Togata added with equal enthusiasm.

"This whole time, even when I had a fever, I was thinking about when you rescued me, Deku-san," Eri spoke up softly, looking far too tired for someone her age, and it broke his heart. "You were really scary..."

Togata's gaze snapped sideways to stare at the boy. Izuku tensed up, guilt piercing through him.

"...but not scary like Overhaul-san. It was different. You made me feel safe," she confessed, staring at her lap. "You and Lemillion-san make me feel safe. But... All of you were injured badly because of me."

Izuku barely let her finish speaking before vehemently shaking his head. "Not because of you – because of Chisaki. And any injuries he gave me, you Rewound with your incredible Quirk, so you stopped me from being injured. You stopped Nighteye-san – the man with the glasses – from being injured too!"

"Because of me, you all suffered..." She whispered with tears welling up. "I'm sorry..."

Her eyes were distant and averted, and he cautiously reached forwards, placing his hand on the edge of the mattress in her sight before slowly reaching up to clasp her hand. She didn't jolt at the touch, but also didn't look up. Izuku scooted his stool a little closer until his knees touched the bed, and he carefully raised his other hand to cup her face and gently brush a thumb over her cheek, and for a moment she met his gaze in a trance.

"My Quirk hurts me when I use too much power, but thanks to you, I was able to use 100% in that fight with Chisaki. You say I rescued you... But you saved me, too, Eri-chan," Izuku said, regretfully withdrawing his hand when she turned away from it.

She dipped her head further, fists clenching tighter. "It... It was my fault that you lost your power, Lemillion-san..."

Togata placed a palm on her head, leaning forwards with a kind smile. "Eri-chan. Midoriya-kun is right. No-one thought they were suffering. This is what we all think: 'I'm glad Eri-chan is okay!' There's no point apologising to someone who doesn't exist. Don't worry about it. Everyone fought because they wanted to see your smile!"

He let his arm drop and settled back in his seat. Eri paused for a moment, mouth opening strangely, then she reached up to tug at her cheeks, pulling her lips into a forced smile. She slowly lowered her hands back to her lap, trembling lightly with tears glittering in her eyes as she stared down guiltily.

"I'm sorry... How do you smile again...?" She murmured.

Izuku's heart utterly shattered. He pivoted in his seat and sat down on the mattress next to her, making it dip enough for her to lean into him. She didn't move away, and instead reached up to grasp a fistful of his shirt, turning to hide her face in his blue hoodie.

"You don't have to apologise, Eri-chan," he assured her, running a hand over the side of her head in a soothing motion. "We'll help you remember, I promise. If we do something fun, you'll have more reasons to smile." He raised his head, blinking excitedly over at his teacher. "Aizawa-sensei, could Eri-chan leave the hospital for just one day?"

*

Since everyone was free on Saturday, the groups were practising for the culture festival. Izuku and the rest of the dancers were outside the front door of the dorm, floundering under Ashido's determined iron fist. His gaze locked onto a flash of blond behind a bush by the path, and he grinned, waving at his friend.

"Hey, Togata-senpai!" He called loudly.

Togata's expression was disappointed. He turned around and shoved his butt through the bush, yelling something about 'peaches.' Aizawa glanced down, very clearly unamused by the young man's antics. Eri trudged a few paces ahead, staring in wonder at the group of people. She wore a cute red dress over a white button-up shirt with a dark crimson messenger bag slung over her shoulder.

"Eri-chan!" Izuku exclaimed, dashing towards her and almost instantly tripping over his own feet.

Fingers lightly pressed against his back, and Ochako blinked down at where he was suspended. He dissolved into laughter, allowing her and Tsu to right him before the feeling of weightlessness abated. The three of them hurried the last few paces towards the little girl, and Izuku knelt down in front of her, lovingly brushing a hand over her neat hair with a smile.

"Deku-san," Eri greeted, tilting her head a little to lean into his touch, and he let his palm stay there.

"What? Who's this? Your daughter, Togata-senpai?" Ojirou asked, surprise clear in his tone.

"No, she's mine," Izuku piped up, gaining choked noises of alarm.

"Problem Child," Aizawa sighed in exasperation, padding over to stand behind the girl.

"Okay, okay," he acquiesced through giggles. "Not my daughter. I am adopting her as my sister, though."

The teacher grumbled. "You can't just adopt-"

"I adopted you, didn't I?" He cut in with a grin, only laughing more when Aizawa prodded his forehead bitterly.

"What lovely clothes, Eri-chan," Tsu commented, finger on chin.

"S-S-So cute!" Ochako squeaked out, throwing a fist in the air.

Togata extracted himself from the bush and crouch-waddled over to the girl before standing up, brushing away all the leaves that had stuck to him. Izuku took pity on him and got to his feet, rolling onto his tip-toes to reach up and grab a few leaves that were stuck in his hair. He backed up to assess his work as Togata gave a slow spin in place, and the boy nodded to confirm there was no more plant matter on his friend's form, gaining a pleased grin that he returned.

"I'm adopting you, too, Togata-senpai," Izuku informed him casually, giving a friendly shoulder pat.

Togata blinked, then shrugged, reaching out to get Izuku in a loose headlock. "Good to know, Midoriya-kun! Having a little brother sounds fun!"

Tenya walked up and joined the group. "Eri-chan... I see, you're from the work study! I'm Iida, nice to meet you!"

Eri nervously sidestepped to half-hide behind Togata, staring up at the group with doleful eyes. Izuku squirmed free of the playful hold to get back down to Eri's height and give her a comforting smile and offering his hand that she hesitantly grasped onto.

"She's kind of shy, right? So I wanted to take Eri-chan around UA." His blue gaze flitted down to the crouching boy. "Midoriya-kun, I guess you'll wanna come too, right?"

"Definitely!" Izuku responded instantly, gently scooping the girl into his arms and standing up, then glancing over when the front doors opened.

"Hey, dance team! We wanted to talk about-" Eijirou's voice halted- "Oh, it's Eri-chan!" He sprinted down the path, beaming at the girl. "Hey there! Wait, you don't know who I am, huh?"

"Then, why don't we take a break!" Ashido exclaimed from the back of the group. "Let's have teatime!"

*

They headed back inside the dorms. Izuku guided Togata and Eri to his bedroom, setting the girl back on her feet outside and then going in to change back into his school uniform. He exited his room with an old All Might watch strapped to his wrist, and the three of them headed across campus to Togata's dorm building so he could change clothes as well.

"Ready!" Togata exclaimed as he burst out of his room. "Let's go check out the preparations!"

They headed over to the main school building, padding through corridors that all seemed to have people in for once. Colourful bunting stretched across the ceiling and people were putting up posters outside classrooms. Others were carrying boxes filled with all sorts of interesting things. Izuku got a few apprehensive looks – seemed as if the weird rumours have spread, nice – that made him grin mischievously, whilst Togata seemed to know everyone and happily greeted whoever they passed.

Eri tugged on his school blazer. "Deku-san?"

"Mm?"

"W-what if... my Quirk activates again?" She asked nervously.

"Hmm, I don't think it will-" Izuku flashed a reassuring smile, squeezing her gently- "but, if it does, then that's no problem, either! I can just activate my Quirk so it doesn't hurt me, and then I can take you to Aizawa-sensei, and he can use his Quirk on you. Oh, that reminds me!"

They paused in the middle of the corridor, and Togata guided them to one side so they weren't in the way. Izuku loosened the wristwatch and removed it, then gently lifted Eri's arm and carefully tightened the watch on her tiny wrist as she observed curiously.

"Imagine your Quirk being like this watch. When your Quirk is activated, it's going backwards, like this, right? Without your Quirk activated, time just ticks along as it always does. I think it might work if you pretend turning off your Quirk is like pulling this out – it's called the winding stem." He pulled it out to emphasise his point, causing the second hand to freeze. "It doesn't matter if you don't get it on the first try, or even the first few tries! It took me ages to use my Quirk properly, too."

She reached out and delicately pressed the winding stem back into place, blinking as the seconds returned to peacefully ticking by. Eri cradled her wrist and continued to stare at the watch face – which was emblazoned with All Might's face – as if it was the greatest gift she'd ever been given; which, to be fair, it probably was, and Izuku was going to do everything in his power to change that by spoiling her.

"How do you know this will work?" Togata whispered to him.

He grinned wryly. "I've, uh... had some experience with time-related Quirks.

Togata gave him a curious look as the three of them started walking again. "Experience? What sort of exper-"

"Oh, it's Togata-chan!" A blond third-year student exclaimed the moment he stepped out of a classroom with a wad of flyers.

"What?! A kid?!" Another with a large horn in the centre of his forehead yelped. "Don't tell me this is why you're on temporary leave from school...?!"

Eri tucked herself half behind Togata again, clutching onto the bottom on his blazer. Izuku lightly placed his palm on her head and offered a reassuring smile. Togata didn't answer the question, merely giving a soft sigh and a sheepish sort of smile that had the student freaking out.

"Wait, say something! This makes it seem real!" He choked out in alarm.

Outside the main building was even more chaotic. Stalls were already being set up and wood was being painted bright, attractive colours. Eri clung onto Izuku's hand as they walked around and wove between people, with both boys on either side of her like bodyguards.

"Even though there's still a month, everyone's really busy!" Izuku commented with a smile, pleased to see the students so lively, even in such stressful times.

"Everyone's trying to do something cooler than last year... They're trying to make it 'Plus Ultra!'" Togata explained.

Huge jaws with sharp teeth lunged towards Eri, and Izuku automatically pushed himself between them, throwing up a protective arm to block the maw, his lips pulled back in a threatening grin with One for All flooding beneath his skin. His stance relaxed as he glanced past the prop head, noticing some Class 1-B students.

"Oh, sorry!" Tetsutetsu apologised hastily, leaning aside the massive dragon head in his grasp. "Hey, you're Midoriya from Class A!"

Izuku laughed off his shock and nodded. "Yeah, that's me. Hey, Tetsutetsu-kun, Awase-kun, Monoma-kun. You look like you're busy! That dragon head looks incredible!"

"Thanks, bro!" He beamed, and the two of them hoisted it a little higher to better show it off.

"You okay, Eri-chan?" Izuku murmured to the girl.

She was staring at the prop, transfixed. "I thought it was the person that fell from the sky..."

"Fell from... Oh, Ryuku-san! Yeah, you're right, it does kinda look like her!"

Monoma emerged from behind, already bearing a taunting grin. "What's this, what's this? For you to be idling around in a place like this... You don't have any work to do?"

"We're showing our sister around," Izuku informed him, stooping down to scoop her into his arms and letting her hide half her face in his neck.

"You have a sister?!" Tetsutetsu yelled.

"We have a sister!" Togata cheerfully corrected, slinging his arm over the boy's shoulders. "We thought it'd be fun for her to see all the preparations at UA!"

"Hey, don't change the subject! I heard Class A is doing a concert or something. You okay with that? This time, to put it bluntly, Class B's performance is going to be much more amazing than yours!" Monoma stepped forwards, pointing his finger with a cocky expression. "'Romeo and Juliet and the Prisoner of Azkaban: The Return of the King.' It's a completely original script written by us, a super spectacular fantasy play!"

"Oh, I look forward to hearing about it! That sounds really exciting!" Izuku enthused as genuinely as he could manage, solely to see the other student get thrown off his game.

Monoma's expression grew more depraved, and he leaned in closer. "You should probably go prepare – A handkerchief to wipe your tears when you're blown away by us, that is!"

"That's okay, I've always got a handkerchief on me because I'm always crying!" Izuku assured, shifting Eri onto one arm to withdraw said handkerchief and wave it.

Monoma wasn't listening. His head was thrown back and his mouth was open wide in a maniacal laugh. Izuku turned Eri's face away and covered her eyes, just in case. Awase transferred the dragon head into Tetsutetsu's arms, then bent down to grab a wooden pole, and swung it into Monoma's head. A laugh was cut short as he collapsed face-first into the concrete.

"Sorry, Class A. There's no-one to stop him since Kendou is busy with the beauty pageant." Awase heaved Monoma's limp body up and dragged him back over to Tetsutetsu.

Tetsutetsu grinned, turning around and heading after his friend as they walked away. "I'm not Monoma, but let's go all out!"

"Plus Ultra!" Izuku called after him, gaining a few whoops from fellow students who started working with more enthusiasm.

"Sorry to suddenly show you the bad parts of UA, Eri-chan," Togata remarked with a sheepish smile, reaching over to pat her head.

"Aizawa-sensei didn't say anything about a beauty pageant," Izuku muttered, shifting Eri sideways so she could see ahead better. "Then again, he probably doesn't care about that sort of thing, huh?"

"Speaking of beauty pageant, she's also really into it this year! Let's go pay them a visit!"

*

After checking out the beauty pageant rooms and encouraging Kendou and Hado, then daring a look into the support classrooms to see what chaos Hatsume was getting up to, they headed back outside into the sunshine. Lots of first-year classes were building their stalls around campus, with the scent of paint in the air and the sound of sawing wood a near-constant wherever they headed. A girl with long brown hair threw her arms into the air with a cheer as a boy with purple hair snapped a small plank of wood in two with his bare hands, and-

Wait a second.

"Hitoshi-kun!" Izuku yelled excitedly, holding Eri a bit tighter to jog over to his friend.

Hitoshi raised a single eyebrow, still grasping both ends of splintered wood. "Hey. I heard you nearly died again."

He gave a shrug and a crooked smile. "If I don't, who will, right?"

"You're a disaster," Hitoshi muttered, handing the wood over to the eager girl, who then dashed off to cleanly sand the ends.

"Thanks, Hitoshi-kun," he responded bemusedly, glancing aside as Togata moved to stand next to him. "This is Togata-senpai, and this is Eri-chan."

"Shinsou Hitoshi," he greeted idly, eyeing them up. "You look like you've been adopted by Izuku."

Togata let out a bright laugh, elbowing the green-haired boy. "Oh, so this is a common thing? That explains why you were so casual about it!"

Izuku's cheeks warmed and he tried to hide his face in the girl's hair. "I just like making friends into family..."

"Deku-san," Eri whispered, patting his shoulder. "What does 'adopt' mean?"

"It means, like, um... Bringing someone into your family," he explained, flashing a bright smile.

"Family..." She mumbled.

*

"Well, that's about it," Togata commented as they sat down in the cafeteria.

"How was it?" Izuku asked eagerly.

Eri lowered her drink and stared thoughtfully at the table. "I don't really know."

"That's okay – it's a lot to take in, right?" He assured.

"But-" she continued in a quiet voice- "there are a lot of different people working hard, so I wonder how it'll turn out..."

Izuku and Togata exchanged elated looks over her head, and only then did he notice the people sitting at another table – if things weren't a threat, he tended to glaze over them. Nedzu and Midnight were having lunch together, but what was most surprising was Nighteye sitting awkwardly on her other side. Izuku recalled Toshinori mentioning he was going to invite his friend to check out the preparations, but he hadn't wholly expected Nighteye to take him up on the offer. The principal finished eating his cheese, wiped his mouth with a napkin, then continued to happily speak about the culture festival before wandering off. Midnight grabbed her tray and stood up.

"If the alarm sounds, even if it's a false alarm, we had to agree to cancel it and evacuate, otherwise we can't have it," she explained morosely, then brightened a little with a reassuring smile. "To keep that from happening, we're also beefing up our defence. Good luck with your performance – I look forward to seeing it, Midoriya."

She stepped out and walked away, hips swaying more than necessary. Nighteye took another bite of his sandwich, glancing sideways at the kids. His expression softened minutely at the sight of them.

"Deku-san, what are you doing?" Eri asked him curiously.

"We're performing a dance with music! I'll be dancing!" He told her, heart warm with excitement and adoration. "I'll do my best to make it fun for you, so make sure you come watch!"

"Midoriya, Mirio," Nighteye spoke up, pushing back his chair as he stood. "It's about time you explained your situation, Midoriya."

"Oh, that's true," Izuku agreed, biting his lip nervously as he glanced at his friend. "We should go somewhere private. Is my dorm room okay?"

"Situation? What situation?" Togata looked between them, then chuckled softly. "Well, if you tell me now I guess that defeats the purpose of finding somewhere private, huh? Nevermind, then!"

"That's a bit far," Nighteye responded, dismissing his student's speech. "I asked for the meeting room to be free. Eraserhead will meet us there to keep an eye on Eri."

"We'll have to be quick. I don't think Ashido-chan will mind me missing too much of her lessons, but it wouldn't be fair to skip it entirely," he said, getting to his feet and helping the girl off her chair.

Nighteye led the way out of the cafeteria with the kids hurrying behind. Eri held onto Izuku's hand and clutched her drink in the other, occasionally sucking from the straw. Togata enthusiastically marched along on her other side, and it wasn't long before they reached the meeting room.

Aizawa was slouching outside, slurping at the contents of a jelly pouch. His tired eyes settled upon them and he gave a nod of acknowledgement as Nighteye entered the room with Togata in tow. Izuku paused just long enough to affectionately brush his hand over Eri's hair and assure her they wouldn't be long before going inside and closing the door behind them.

"So, what's this about, then?" Togata inquired, looking between the other two. "Is everything alright, Midoriya-kun?"

Izuku leant against the edge of the desk, placing his hands either side of his thighs. He was dreading the explanation, because what if Togata was upset by the knowledge of Nighteye dying in the other timeline? Or held it against Izuku for not doing more to stop his Quirk from being destroyed?

Realistically, he knew that was absurd... but he couldn't help but worry.

He steadied his breathing and lifted his head, calmly meeting his friend's curious gaze. "I'm from the future."

Togata was silent, expression carefully blank as he likely tried to work out if it was a prank or not. "Future, huh?"

Izuku launched into the basic explanation, gesticulating as he spoke. He told Togata of Banisher, and the things that he had changed in this timeline, and the way he learnt to shift between timelines, and did his best to hide his desperation as he justified his decisions to intervene or not in various situations. His fingers clenched around the table and he dipped his head again, mentally steeling himself for the next part of the story.

"You lost your Quirk in the same way, in my timeline, and I really wanted to stop it here, but, I'm sorry, I-"

Togata raised his hand, giving a grin. "Hey, it's fine that you couldn't! It's already made me think about things I took for granted before, so I bet losing my Quirk has an important influence later on, right? Besides, you've clearly been super busy! Handling school, villain attacks, work experience, and doing your best to stop bad events? That's super Plus Ultra, Midoriya-kun!"

"I said you needn't worry," Nighteye spoke up with a note of bemusement.

"I wouldn't be me if I didn't worry too much," Izuku pointed out with a soft laugh of relief, only to sober as he remembered the next topic. "But, there's one more thing I need to say..."

"Lay it on me, Midoriya-kun! I can handle it," Togata assured, poking at his puffed chest with a thumb.

Izuku shared an uncertain look with Nighteye, who tilted his head in a signal to continue. "In that fight against Chisaki... Nighteye-san used his Quirk. It told him there was only one future in which you and Eri-chan would get away safe, and in that future... both he and I would die."

His smile faltered a little. "Oh. Okay..."

"He thought it was unchangeable. He accepted his fate. And, in the future I'm from..." His breath hitched at the memory. "...that's where it ends. Sir Nighteye-san died of his wounds after the battle – but not before one final prediction." Izuku stared at Togata with fond pride. "One prediction which I have no desire to change."

"So, in this timeline... Sir lives." His blue eyes squinted in a relieved smile over at his mentor. "I'm really glad..."

"Midoriya was the one who saved me," Nighteye explained. "He's mentioned the way he utilised Shinsou's Brainwashing Quirk in conjunction with... his own Quirk to temporarily return him to his own timeline. But, during that fight, somehow he managed to shift between timelines on his own power, perhaps due to sheer desperation. My memory is hazy of what happened next."

"I saw Nighteye-san was going to die, and I just-" Izuku clenched his fist, scrunching up his nose- "couldn't let that happen again. I grabbed him, and the next thing I knew we crashed into a wall in Tsukauchi-san's office. Once Tsukauchi-san had called for medical assistance, I returned to this timeline, and at the end of the fight, I realised I needed to bring back Nighteye-san unless I wanted to deal with some tricky questions."

"A kind young lady fixed all my wounds, including returning my arm," Nighteye continued. "Then Midoriya reappeared, took me back to this timeline. He risked his own health to ensure I returned promptly."

"That sure is a lot, huh?" Togata exhaled slowly through his teeth, putting his hands on his hips, then breaking into a small, private smile. "Thank you, Midoriya-kun. You've gone above and beyond to help so many people. I can tell you're a really incredible hero in the future."

"Izuku," he said thickly, pressing a loose fist against his eye to hide the tears. "You can call me Izuku, if you want. Both of you."

"Alright, Izuku-kun! It'd be awesome if you'd call me Mirio, too! I much prefer being on first-name bases with people I like," To- Mirio agreed with intense enthusiasm.

"I'll stick with Midoriya," Nighteye responded.

He stepped forward and drew them both into a hug. The boy pressed his ear to the hero's chest, relaxing at the steady thump-thump of his heartbeat.

Izuku never got over how powerful it was to save a life.

~

midoriya's and ashido's friendship is totally unexpected and literally only happened because of the Warmth special chapters, and like,,,, wow, i'm so glad i happened to have those ideas, because i absolutely adore their silly little relationship and all it's shenanigans

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 2.5K 25
Izuku Midoriya was one of the students that were participate into civil war game that Nezu came up with. However Izuku was chosen to be the villain...
100K 3.4K 41
Midoriya added all of the UA teaching staff members, his classmates, other classes students, the league of villains, plus Chiaki into a group chat. C...
89.5K 4.1K 65
SECOND BOOK OF THE SINS OF THE FATHER. - Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his...
846K 34.6K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...