𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗿𝗱...

By BraedimusSupreme

The year is 2065. Times have changed. The Planet of Remnant has evolved. Academies for training hunters and h... More

Chapter One: Prologue
Chapter Two: Bomb On The Fireflash
Chapter Three: Oil Rig Fire
Chapter Four: Mountain Rescue
Chapter Five: 30 Minutes Until Noon Pt1
Chapter Six: 30 Minutes Until Noon Pt2
Chapter Seven: Rescue in Space
Chapter Eight: Dark Forces At Play
Chapter Nine: Salvage at Sea
Chapter Ten: Ozpin, Kieron Ozpin
Chapter Eleven: Team RWBY Meets International Rescue
Chapter Twelve: Thunderbird Two Has Been Hit!
Chapter Thirteen: Repair and Recovery
Chapter Fourteen: Rock 'N Roll Inferno
Chapter Fifteen: RWBY With Thunderbirds
Chapter Sixteen: Thunderbirds Are Go
Chapter Seventeen: Space Mission Turns Deadly
Chapter Eighteen: Semblances and Weapons
Chapter Nineteen: Chain of Command
Chapter Twenty: Thunderbird Base Alpha
Chapter Twenty-One: Danger at Ocean Deep
Chapter Twenty-Two: Another Mountain Rescue
Chapter Twenty-Three: Kieron Is Gone?!
Chapter Twenty-Four: Finding Answers
Chapter Twenty-Five: An Airshow Gone Awry
Chapter Twenty-Six: Struck Without Warning
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Divide and Conquer
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Kieron is Alive?!
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Skyhook Fiasco
Chapter Thirty: Thunderbird X Is Go!
Chapter Thirty-One: Kieron's Rescue Pt1
Chapter Thirty-Two: Kieron's Rescue Pt2
Chapter Thirty-Three: Dealing with Parents
Chapter Thirty-Four: Leaving Remnant
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Survivor
Chapter Thirty-Six: Ambush!
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Got The Call
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Yamato Flies Again
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Project Zero-XL
Chapter Forty-One: Fight For Survival
Chapter Forty-Two: Backup has Arrived
Chapter Forty-Three: Fight Or Flight
Chapter Forty-Four: Evil Red Rising Pt1
Chapter Forty-Five: Evil Red Rising Pt2
Chapter Forty-Six: Evil Red Rising Pt3
Chapter Forty-Seven: Evil Red Rising Pt4
Chapter Forty-Eight: Evil Red Rising Pt5
Chapter Forty-Nine: Evil Red Rising Pt6
Chapter Fifty: Atlas Thunderbirds
Chapter Fifty-One: Summer Rose?
Chapter Fifty-Two: Gators & Going Home
Chapter Fifty-Three: Families & Missing Rockets
Chapter Fifty-Four: Underwater Ambush!
Chapter Fifty-Five: Race Against Time
Chapter Fifty-Six: Mind Terrors
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Wedding Bells Ring
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Inferno and Bridges
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Bridges and Car Chases
Chapter Sixty: Interrogations
Chapter Sixty-One: Thunderbirds Go Fast & Furious Pt1
Chapter Sixty-Two: Thunderbirds Go Fast & Furious Pt2
Chapter Sixty-Three: The Imposters Pt1
Chapter Sixty-Four: The Imposters Pt2
Chapter Sixty-Five: Solar Station Disaster
Chapter Sixty-Six: An Unexpected Discovery Pt1
Chapter Sixty-Seven: An Unexpected Discovery Pt2
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Unstoppable
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Skyship One Flashback
Chapter Seventy: Volcano!

Chapter Forty: Project Zero-XL Launch!

129 6 2
By BraedimusSupreme

Previously...

"When do we take off?" Ruby asked, running up. She was more then eager to get airborne and into space.

"Hold your horses, kiddo." Qrow spoke up to Ruby, the leader of Team RWBY ecstatic once she saw her favourite uncle. "There's still some work to be done."

"Qrow is right. There's still come checks to be done before the Zero-XL can launch." Pietro agreed, walking up in his leg-chair. He turned to Braedey. "What time shall you all be leaving?" He asked.

"At 0900 hours tomorrow morning." Braedey announced. "We should get some shut-eye before we get going."

"I agree." Ozpin nodded in agreement.

Soon enough, the launch of the Zero-XL shall commence...

~*~*~

The next day, the sun began to rise on the launch platform of the Zero-XL. Today, it was the day of the Zero-XL for the Oort-Cloud, and to search for Kieron and the Yamato. It was now time for action.

Down on the launch pad, Braedey, Owen, Jen, Rin, and Blaze looked up to the supership of a spacecraft. They were in their International Rescue uniforms, all of them ready. They all had done the easy part of building the Zero-XL. Now, the hard part was flying off to the Oort-Cloud, and getting to Kieron and his team, as well as deal with any hostile forces.

Just then, Teams RWBY and JNPR walked up to the five International Rescue teens, all of them ready to go. They were all donned in space-worthy jumpsuits in their respected colours with the International Rescue logo on the left breast, their symbol on the right breast, while having gloves and boots in their secondary colours. Also, they had helmets that go with their suits, with their logos on them.

"Okay. Is everyone ready to go?" Braedey asked to them.

"As ready as we can be." Ruby saluted to Braedey.

"All of our weapons are loaded up, and ready for us when we go." Weiss informed with a salute.

"Everyone else is ready for action." Yang added in. She punched her open palm for emphasis. "Let's light this candle!"

"Indeed." Everyone looked over to see Ozpin walking up, and he had his own International Rescue uniform on, and in his colours. "I'll be accompanying you in this endeavour."

"But, Professor Ozpin. What about Beacon?" Ruby asked.

"Miss Rose, it's okay. I've already got Professor Goodwitch as acting headmaster until we come back home." Ozpin reassured to Ruby.

"Okay. That sounds like good news." Braedey then looked to the Zero-XL. "Let's get our toughest mission underway."

Sure enough, the team got onboard the Zero-XL, strapping into their seats. The control deck is located at the front section of the ships main body, with three seats up front, while there's two seats on the port and starboard side of the control deck, each seat having their designated position, either as telemetry, engines, or airframe. There's also some seats for Teams RWBY and JNPR to sit in, as well as a spot for Ozpin.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard the Zero-XL." Jen announced. "This is your pilot, Jen, speaking. Any questions?" She asked.

"One quick question; is there a movie on this flight?" Ruby asked casually, and the others smirked and laughed to this.

"Zero-XL to Thunderbird Five." Braedey called to Andrea on Comms. "We're just about to commence countdown."

"F.A.B, Braedey." Andrea replied. "I've already contacted Winter and Ironwood, and told them what's been going on. Any rescue calls have been sent to the R.G.D.F until we get back home." She added.

"Much obliged. See you up in orbit." Braedey nodded. "Okay. Let's get this sucker powered up and flying." He announced, just as the main computers fired up, as well as the systems coming online. "Commence pre-flight checks."

"Roger." Owen replied, as he began to check the mainframe.

"Let's get to work." Blaze agreed, checking over the main functions.

"This is so exciting." Ruby jumped up and down in her seat.

"It feels like it, doesn't it?" Jaune agreed. Inside, he was a little spooked about the launch, but overall, he was excited for this.

"As long as I don't airsick." Weiss muttered.

"Relax, Ice Queen." Nora mocked, much to Weiss giving her a deadpan expression.

"Okay. Say the word, Blaze." Braedey called.

"All systems are green." Blaze informed.

We are go for launch." Rin announced.

"Lets do this!" Owen yelled.

"You heard the main, Jen. Let's punch it!" Braedey added.

"F.A.B. Zero-XL is GO!" Jen forced the throttle controls to full power.

At once, the impulse engines of the Zero-XL fired up, the towers holding the ship detaching from the craft. As the craft began to rise off the platform, Thunderbird One's engines fire up next, followed by Thunderbird Two, and Thunderbird Three. With the combined power and energy from the three Thunderbirds alongside the impulse engines, and the huge behemoth of the Zero-XL rocketed up into the blue sky above.

"Good luck, International Rescue." Pietro saluted to the departing ship.

"They're now on their own." Jeff said quietly to himself.

Qrow looked to the rising vessel from up on a tree on Martin Island, and he smiled a little. "Take care, Oz. You and those kids are definitely going for a ride." He said to himself.

~*~*~

Sure enough, after a quick 90 second flight through the planet's atmosphere, the Zero-XL was finally up outside of Remnant's orbit. The ship was now making its way over to Thunderbird Five's position, so they can finish the ship, and also be on their way.

"Zero-XL to Thunderbird Five." Braedey called on Comms to Thunderbird Five. "We are on final approach to your position."

"F.A.B. Standing by for final assembly of the Zero-XL." Andrea replied.

Using the vector thrusting and manoeuvres, Thunderbird Five began to turn towards the Zero-XL as it approaches. The circular disk was now facing away from the ship, as it got closer. The front section of the Zero-XL opened up for the airlock of Thunderbird Five to go inside, as two of the arms of Thunderbird Three rotate around and extend, connecting up with the ring of Thunderbird Five, completing the final assembly.

Andrea entered the control deck, making her way to one of the empty seats. "Final assembly complete. All five Thunderbirds locked in." She informed.

"Let's hope it stays that way." Jaune and Weiss muttered in worry.

"Impulse engines: offline." Jen informed.

"Right. Blaze, it's all up to you." Rin called.

"Roger. Initialising T-Drive startup sequence." Blaze informed to everyone. "Charge couplings at full capacity. Energy field stable."

"Blaze?" Braedey looked to the Thunderbird Shadow Pilot.

"We are ready." Blaze finally confirmed.

"Professor?" Braedey looked back to the headmaster.

"Start the countdown." Ozpin announced.

"Navigation." Braedey began checks.

"Course set." Rin informed.

"Hazard avoidance." Braedey asked.

"Path is clear." Andrea informed.

"Airframe." Braedey asked.

"Thunderbirds are locked and loaded." Owen informed.

"Helm." Braedey asked.

"I'm ready." Jen nodded her head.

"Activate T-Drive engine on my mark." Braedey ordered.

Everyone else held onto their harnesses and belts, waiting for the launch into deep space. It was going to be a rough ride for them all. Fortunately, they've gone through the training and what they need to do.

5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

"Now!" Braedey yelled.

Jen pushed the T-Drive engine throttle to full power. Outside the ship, the two outside engines began to began to glow blue, the light getting brighter and brighter with each passing second. Soon enough, the Zero-XL launched off into deep space, leaving only two streams of blue smoke-like light in its wake.

International Rescue was on their way...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928 35 5
After losing his parents to the creatures of Grimm, young Y/n Silverwood was adopted by Taiyang Xiao Long and Summer Rose, a professional huntsman an...
144 7 7
After the devastating fall of Beacon, Ozpin's soul was scattered into oblivion, leaving behind a void of leadership and a plethora of unanswered ques...
16.4K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
2.9K 28 16
"Born from flames, bringer of lightning, the one with wings that burn so bright, the one who controls storms, one who flies so high, yet remains grou...