Sugar Rush

By erasingpencil

Bethany Hamilton's universe revolves around sugar, dogs, and her nephew Liam. But when she plays babysitter... More

Sugar Rush
01- Pillsbury Dough Boy Farts In The Baking Room
02- They Are Overusing My Precious Name
03- I Like The Sound Of Bethany Better
04- It Looks Like An Albino Chocolate
05- My Boxers Are Dry So Don't Worry About That
06- When I Was Nine I Thought I Ruled The World
07- Can You Two Just Kiss Already?
08- Liam You Suck At Keeping Secrets
09- Them Kids, Not Kids Kids
10- Playing This Game Will End Up in Inappropriate Positions
11- Are You Asking Me On A Date Bethany?
12- He Will Know When He Pushes It In
13- Was It Worth It?
14- I Like You And All That
15- What Was That All About?
16- Shark Week Is Coming
17- I'll Take Up On That Offer
18- Stop Poking Me
19- Are You Trying To Get Me Drunk?
20- I'm Responsible For You
21- The Great Twenty Four Year Old Virgin Bethany Hamilton, Who's Into Celibacy
22- Whatever You Want Us To Be
23- It's Like High School in One House
24- Whatever Titles Those Fakers Want To Be Called
25- I'm Not Scared. I'm Terrified
26- Watching Horror Movies With Bruce And Skittles
27- Father Fetish
28- Fancy Feeling Like A Rapist
29- Heaven's In My Mouth Right Now
30- Wait For It
31- Getting Naked In Public Parking Lot
33- Every Time I'm Near You I Get Wet
34- Can't I Just Take It Off?
35- Going On A Suicide Mission
Yes, I Did.
Valentine's Day Special

32- And We Can Soap Each Other Up

57.5K 2.4K 246
By erasingpencil

Dedicated to: @Teddycraz for the gorgeous picture on the side!

32

“Sign this please.” The guy handed over to me a clipboard and a pen. “And this.”

I took the pen and board and quickly scribbled down my signature before handing it back to him. “Thank you.”

Tipping his hat, he gave me a nod before returning back to drive the truck.

“Bring these to the stock room please.” I told Bill and he nodded.

Walking back to the baking room, my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a text from Reese telling me she was stopping by in a quarter of an hour to pick up her goods. I sent a quick reply.

“Was that Mr. Green Eyed Hottie?” Dani smirked, leaning on the door frame. “Tell him I said hi.”

“That was Reese.” I rolled my eyes. “Get back to work.”

“Right.” She gave me a mock salute. “By the way, the dicks almost done.”

“Yeah- wait, what dick?” I asked her in surprise. “What are you talking about?”

“Please tell me you didn’t forget.” Dani said. “Marcus and the guys back at the decorating are having a field day making dicks. I think some of them are using their own as a guide. Don’t worry, no one’s showing their junk.”

“What on earth are you talking about?” I was baffled by what she was telling me.

“Remember Soon-To-Be Mrs. Marshall? She wanted a dick cake for her bachelorette party.”

I scrunched up my nose in annoyance. Ah yes, her. She created quite an image on what she wanted. I pushed that memory in the furthest part of my brain, boxed it up in a very tiny container, and wrapped it in tape several times before storing it in the useless files.

“You’re in charge of that.” I told her. “And please prepare Reese’s order. She’ll be over soon.”

Twenty minutes later, Reese walked through the entrance of the bakery with Liam. His eyes widened in awe as his eyes glazed over the product display, his jaw dropping on the process. When he saw me, he immediately release his mother’s hand and launched himself on me.

“Aunt Beth!” he yelled.

Opening my arms to receive him, I called, “Liam!”

He jumped on my arms and I lifted him off the ground. He started giggling and placed his index finger on top of his lips telling me to quiet down.

“I miss you!” Liam cheered. “I miss cake and cupcake and pies, and muffins and cookies! Cookies! Do you have any cookies with you? I want cookies. Mommy no give cookies.”

Smiling at the kid on my arms, I gave him a thumb’s up. Snatching a cookie on the tray when Reese wasn’t looking, I handed it to him. He looked around before receiving it like we were doing some kind of illegal drug trade.

I placed him down and he started darting through the doors to the decorating room. Oh well.

“How’s life?” I asked as I walked over to Dani and my sister.

Reese groaned out loud. “Liam’s being hard headed and Dominic and I aren’t in good terms right now.”

“What’s the fight this time?” I asked. They fight about a lot of things, however before the day ends, they seem to make things up with no problem.

“He ate all of my chocolates!” She sighed out loud. “I was saving it up! It was the expensive ones, and they were my favorite! The ones Aunt Anna gave us from London!”

“No way!” She got all of my attention right away when she mentioned Aunt Anna’s name and chocolates, I knew what she meant. Aunt Anna always gives us chocolates whenever she comes back from London, and they are splendid. “He did not just steal them! Aunt Anna only gave me few and I barely touch it and he just chomps it down?!

“Well he did!”

“Okay you two.” Dani said. “Calm down. It’s just chocolate.”

“Liam!”

The door of the decorating room suddenly burst open revealing Liam with a bag of frosting running away with Rachel running behind him.

I hope he didn’t see the dick cakes. That would be terrible and Reese would bury me alive.

“Give that back to me!” Rachel called as she chased Liam. “Liam Bishop!”

The bell on the front door sounded and everyone’s attention was immediately on the person who just entered. It was Blake.

Liam had accidently hit Blake when he looked behind him, knocking him down on the floor. He dropped the bag of frosting and just ran to the baking room. Okay then.

“I swear that kid will be the death of me.” Rachel panted as she snatched the bag off the ground. Good thing it was still sealed otherwise it’ll be in the trash. “This is the second one he got. He hid the first one.”

“I’m sorry for that Rachel.” I apologized, giving her a sheepish look. “He’s kind of energetic.”

“I’m sorry Rachel!” Reese called out as Rachel went back to her station.

“What did I miss?” Blake asked as he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a short kiss on my lips.

I heard gasps, and not the light, quiet ones. It was like a bomb of gasps just exploded. Dani had a look of pure shock on her face. Her mouth was open as she gaped at what just happened. Reese had a look of shock and glee on her face but it was more of a shock.

“You just kissed!”

“Since when did this happen?”

“How on earth did I miss the first time both of you kissed?”

“Did you two do the deed already? Did you two have sex? I’m sorry, I mean‘make love’ yet?”

Dani and my sister started shooting out questions at us that it actually scared Blake and I. He held me tighter, unsure of what we were currently facing.

“Who kissed?” Another voice joined us. It was Marcus.

Dani turned her head to him and almost yelled, “Bethany and Blake kissed!”

“What?!” Marcus scrambled out of wherever he came from. “Why wasn’t I informed about this earlier? Why isn’t this on the news?”

I sighed, annoyed at the three. “It’s just a kiss. What’s the matter with you guys?”

“Just a kiss? I honestly believed that if you hadn’t met Blake, you’d turn to an old single cat lady!” Marcus stated waving his hands around.

“I don’t like cats.” I pointed out.

“Well then, a dog person. But that’s beside the point.” He rolled his eyes. “I thought that my kids would have grandkids before you two kissed.”

“That’s it.” I announced loudly. My face was eating up in embarrassment and with Blake behind me whose body was shaking in an attempt to stop laughing was not helping. “Get back to work.”

Dani and Marcus did. Before Reese could continue torturing me, Dominic called her. So I was now alone with Blake. No one else was around the front since the shop was already closed.

I turned around to face him and kissed him. “I’m sorry for that. I don’t know why they are so excited knowing both of us kissed.”

“It’s not just a kiss, you know.” He muttered.

I looked at him slightly confused. “It’s not?”

“Of course not.” He scoffed. “It took me a long damn time to get that kiss. We had to swim in a lake and strip in a parking lot. I’m sure that’s not just a kiss. And I’m also pretty sure not everyone goes through all that work to kiss someone they love.”

“Well now that you mention that…”

“It’s not just a kiss, okay?” He smiled and kissed my forehead. “I love you Bethany.”

“I know. You say that almost every day.”

“Because I want to remind you that I do.” He said with a grin. “I came here to ask you something.”

“Hmm? What is it?”

“Could you give me a sponge bath?”

I pull away from him right away and stare at the handsome man in front of me wide eyed. “What?”

“Or you could join me in the shower if you’d like that better.” He smirked at me, clearly enjoying my flustered face. “And we can soap each other up.”

“What? I….uh….n-no.” I stammered as I tried to find my response. “N-no.”

Deciding to end my misery, he laughed at me and placed a kiss on my lips. “I’m just kidding Bethany. I love seeing you blush so much.”

“It’s not that funny.” I uttered at him, pushing his shoulder.

“You’re right, it’s not. It’s hilarious.”

“Whatever.”

“I was kidding.” He said, raising his hands in defeat. “I wanted to ask you if you’re free this weekend.”

“No, I’m not.” I replied immediately.

“Oh.” He looked down on the floor, the joyful tone in his voice, gone. The happy gleam in his eyes vanished, replaced with disappointment. “Alright.”

“I’m expensive this weekend. Why?” I smiled at him, feeling bad that I disappointed him. It was just a joke. Blake should know better that I’m always in my house, specifically on my bed during the weekends in my pajamas looking like a hobo wrapped in a warm fluffy blanket, a box of pizza and a can of Coke on the table watching Netflix.

The smile that died out just a few seconds ago came back. “Would you like to go somewhere?”

“Please specify this ‘somewhere’.” I narrowed my eyes at him. “For all I know you’ll drag us in the middle of nowhere and get lost.”

“I can’t say where.” Blake said and with his index finger and thumb, he dragged the invisible zipper closed on his lips. “It’s a surprise.”

“I hate surprises.”

“I know.” He grinned. “But it won’t be in the middle of nowhere.”

“It better be someplace child friendly so that Allie won’t get bored.” I told him. “Please don’t bring us to bar.”

“Allie’s going to spend this weekend with Stephanie’s parents.” He said in a quiet voice, as if I was going to go crazy at the mention of his late wife. “It’s the last weekend before school starts next week.”

“You don’t have to whisper when you mention Stephanie.” I brought my hand up to his face, caressing him. “I won’t bite when you do.”

“I know you don’t. It’s just you might feel weird or awkward when I do.”

“I don’t want to sound rude or bad or anything similar but,” I said, biting my lip. “I’m not worried that you’ll be looking at other better women around you. Stephanie’s gone and what could I do to someone that’s not here anymore?”

“It’s scary how much you trust me after what you’ve gone through.” He whispered.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“What I just said about Stephanie.” I bit my cheeks, looking down on marble tiled floor. “I didn’t want to sound like bitch but I did. It’s not what you-”

“I know what you meant.” Blake cut me off and wrapped me in his arms. “You didn’t sound like bitch. You were just being honest. And you need to stop thinking the worst of yourself. Yes, there may be prettier women than you, smarter, and taller, and slimmer. But I fell in love with you, not them. I love you just the way you are. I love Bethany Hamilton, not some result from a plastic surgery experiment. You keep seeing the best in everyone but yourself. Stop that. I love you.”

…..

….

…Was this the part I was supposed to tell him what I disliked about him the most? Or was this the part I was to tell him that I love him too?

I’m not sure which one to do, so I just made the bold move to kiss him. Not the usual timid and shy kiss but I went full blast and kissed him hard. I’m surprised where I got this courage from.

“Whoa.” He breathed out once I pulled away for air. “That should happen more often.”

“Definitely.” I agreed with him, panting for air. He didn’t look like that sucked out all of the oxygen out of him. That’s unfair.

“Just so you know, my offer on showering together and soaping each other still stands. Offer never expires.”

_________________________

Another storm's on its way to the Philippines. Just fantastic. We haven't even recovered fully and another one is on the way. I'm updating now just in case the power will be out and I won't be able to.

Sugar Rush is almost over! Two or three chapter more and it's done.

Oh! Before I forget, I just realized how much comments and votes there are for this story when it only has a million reads compared to my two previous ones (I'm not saying a million isn't a lot, trust me, it is!)

This is it for now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 11.6K 65
Trevor Jenkins, a reclusive individual, appeared to have everything he wanted in life as the only son of a millionaire. However, behind the picture-p...
443K 16K 62
Florence Thompson is the poster child for your average 'good girl'. Working at Glenn's Midnight Diner in the heart of her hometown and spending all h...
115 0 20
Katherine "Kathy" McLynn is your ordinary working woman. Independant and beautiful. She is actually different. She has had the same dream of the same...
5.2M 148K 73
#1 in Romance, 23rd May 2020 "Precious, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you're never going on that date." And before I could pro...