πš’πšœ πšπš‘πš’πšœ πš‘πš˜πš–πšŽ?

By untunedguitar

kirishima x trans!bakugou When Bakugou was young, he came out to his mom and her boyfriend, that didn't settl... More

Mom
Entrance Exam
Wait
System
Lemon Boy
Red and Breakfast
Bird
Halloween Costumes
Aches, Pains and Posters
Chamomile Tea
Dress Up
Coming Clean
Slow Dance with You
This is Home

Girl

7.6K 179 444
By untunedguitar

A/N: Sorry I edited and republished twice, I wanted to change the song to This Is Home instead. I know they're technically the same song but I wanted the first version to be the first chapter idk lol.
(i luckily have never been forced to a conversion camp so i'm kind of guessing how it is and hoping it's inaccurate in case anyone reading has been through that and this is a trigger or something? idk stay safe and ur perfect)
(this is super long)

"Bakugou Katsumi?" The woman at the head office called. Her dark, beady eyes scanned the room, a tall enough feminine looking person wearing baggy clothes walked over to the desk quietly. "So, why have you been sent to a Conversion camp, Katsumi?" She asked, her voice monotone and uncaring. Bakugou shoved their hands deep into the pockets of their sweats. "I-I.. I told my parents I was.." Bakugou exhaled. "I'm trans."

The woman looked up at Bakugou over her half-moon glasses that rested on her nose. "There's your problem, transgender. You are a girl, correct? You've seen what's there in the bathroom? When you shower? You're a big girl, right? You're starting to hit puberty if you haven't already, you know what you're getting? Breasts, because you are a girl."

Bakugou stood there awkwardly, looking around the room, getting a sympathetic from one of the workers, which was strange considering she worked at the conversion camp. After being lectured for a few minutes Bakugou was told to move on to the worker that'd given him a sympathetic look.

She handed Bakugou a few things, leaning down to whisper; "I'm sorry you're here, it'll be better before it gets worse, stay strong." That left Bakugou clueless. She leaned back and winked before twitching her head to the side to show where Bakugou was meant to go.

Three days, that's all it was, three days here and it was over. This was day one, so technically two more days. Bakugou made their way to the cabins, an all girl one, unfortunately.

...

"Hey so what are you guys in here for?" One of the people, who Bakugou'd learnt went by Robin asked. "Yeesh, making it sound like prison." Someone else snickered. "What about you Robin?" The same person asked. "I'm non-binary. Robin isn't even my real name but I like it." Bakugou, who'd been quiet most of the time spoke up. "It's nice, Robin's are cool birds."

"She speaks!" Robin exclaimed, their expression dropping almost instantly. "Or he, or they.. What pronouns do you go by? If they are anything other than she.." Robin said all in one breath. "Chill. Since you asked earlier, I'm here because I'm trans, and 'nO yOu cAn'T bE a BoY'." Bakugou said, trying to sound like he wasn't bothered by it as much as they were.

"So.. He/Him pronouns?"
"I.. Yeah, I guess.."
"Sorry for misgendering you."
" 'S fine or whatever."

Robin looked around at the other two girls in the room from their bed. "So what about you guys? I don't think you two even said your names." One of the girls, who had short light blue hair and an eyebrow slit looked up. "I'm Ito Yui and I'm gay which didn't settle well with my family so nice to meet you guys I guess." The other girl looked up from her book, she had light pink hair and rounded glasses. "I'd love to introduce myself but I'm pretty sure I don't exist because bisexuals aren't real so I'd say my name is Ash but I'm not real so sorry."

The room laughed, it was soft laughter, not happy and filled with joy, it was tinged with sadness. Reality had hit all four people in the room hard when they got shipped off to the conversion camp. Bakugou wouldn't be surprised if he found himself crying tonight.

DAY 2

At nine in the morning the workers came in and instructed them to get on their knees and pray. Breakfast was in half an hour. Bakugou was forced into tight clothing which he obviously didn't want.

"So yeah, welcome to gay Auschwitz." Robin plainly stated. "This is my sixth day here, as you can see by the tally mark carved into my wall." Bakugou let out a soft chuckle. "Hey, -uh. Bakugou, they didn't put any restrictions on my clothing and I don't mind tight shirts." Ito said, holding her t-shirt while looking at Bakugou. "I don't think the instructors will pay too much mind, if you want it."

Gratefully, Bakugou took it and handed her the tank top. Bakugou wasn't super tall or wide, but it was still surprising that Ito was taller. It worked out alright though, the t-shirt was loose and baggy on Bakugou and the shirt wasn't too tight on Ito.

...

"I swear if I have to yell 'Yes, I am a girl' one more time I'm going to strangle every worker in this camp and then myself." Robin deadpanned. Bakugou huffed a sigh in agreement. "We'll get through this though. Don't go all suicidal on me yet." Bakugou tried to say encouragingly, holding out his hand. They took it anyways, shaking it and smiling. "Tomorrow's my last day, what about you?" Robin muttered, just before loudly confirming they were a girl and were happy to go by their deadname to a worker who smiled triumphantly like this kid was just going to have it yelled out of them. "Tomorrow's my last day too."

The worker moved to Bakugou. "And who do you think you are.?" He yelled, waiting for the usual 'a girl' or 'a boy'. Bakugou simply rolled his eyes. "Well, did you read the file.?" He asked. Robin next to him bit their lip, trying to bite back their smile. "-Wha.." The worker stopped, examining Bakugou, he wore a nonchalant expression, one of his eyebrows quirked up slightly in anticipation. "..Well?" Bakugou asked. "I'll ask you again, what is your name and what were you born as?" He spat, it didn't sound venomous, it sounded defensive.

"Well, you heard this shit already, my name's fucking Bakugou, I was born as a fucking baby." He growled, scowling, something he'd soon be doing subconsciously. The worker was taken aback, almost as if he'd never dealt with something like this before. 

Bakugou crossed his arms. "Girl, just so your pedophile-looking ass doesn't look into my fucking pants. You're a grown ass man being paid to yell at fucking kids who were brave enough to tell their parents who they are and wanted to be. Fuckers like you are disgusting, y'know. Have you ever looked at statistics? Look at us." He spat, gesturing to the line of youth he was in. "All of us lined up so you can yell at us, fucking kids. Two in five trans people have been attacked or threatened with violence in the last five years. Over a third of us are too scared to be themselves because of transphobes like you, they're fucking terrified that they'll be assaulted. Imagine that for a second. Being too scared to dress like a man in fear that small minded dickweasels will try to attack you."

(Idk if this is Bakugou level venom but it's certainly all mine, I'm actually crying right now so this is a vent for me I'm sorry)

"Almost half of trans people have tried to kill themselves. Think about that next time you wake up and get dressed, on you way to work, think about it, wonder to yourself; am I really on my way to work where I harass kids? Because it's disgracefu-.."

"That's enough!" He boomed, slapping Bakugou across the cheek with the back of his hand. Bakugou did nothing but inhale a sharp breath. His hands igniting with small explosions. "Four in five of us get harassed at school. Nine in ten of us have thought about killing ourselves, I have. The day my mom's boyfriend told me to get out. It crossed my mind. My mother made a compromise and sent me here. Did your newborn's dick sized brain know that 72% of us have self harmed?" Bakugou was raging, people were shocked but there for him, the second that shitty worker even attempted to put a finger on Bakugou, he knew, somehow, he knew that at least Robin would have his back.

With his last statement still settling in, Bakugou rolled up his sleeves revealing why he was wearing a skin tight top underneath his t-shirt. Scars, one or two on both arm. "Need anymore proof? Need me to dumb it down? Sorry I don't speak asshat, maybe if you take your head out of your ass I can have a civil conversation with you, dumbass." Bakugou finished. Everything flooded out before he could stop it, his eyes nearly poured the same way the words did. He wiped his eyes, still scowling. He was taking in deep breaths, he had no plans or intentions on blowing up the worker's head. Not right now anyways.

Robin put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed it, oddly comfortingly.

"Go to your fucking cabin." Was all the man could muster. Bakugou smirked cockily, doing exactly that. Without hesitation, he pulled Robin along with him so they wouldn't have to endure it.

... (FUCK WHY AM I CRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW?? IT'S JUST A STORY FFS)

"Got some fighting spirit." They smiled, trying to lighten the mood. "Thanks.." Bakugou sighed, twiddling his thumbs. Robin seemed to explode on their spot. "I've got an idea.. For your hair? If you don't mind, that is."

Bakugou silently shook his head. Robin bounced over, holding a black beanie with a skull on it. Robin messily tied Bakugou's even messier spiky hair back a bit and pulled the beanie on him, positioning it so it made his hair look shorter than it was. "Look!" They beamed, pulling him towards the full length mirror. He looked at himself, his eyes watering. "You fucking bitch." He muttered, turning away. Robin wrapped their arms around him, subconsciously his arms went around them too.

...

"Welcome back guys, how was your day? Homophobic?" Robin asked, somehow they were always cheery and trying to lighten the mood. "I swear, Ribbon, how are you so happy?" Ash asked, clearly displeased. They shrugged. "I heard someone yelled at one of the guys working with the trans kids, he's a little shaken apparently. The worker that is. I heard he slapped the kid but he stood his ground, mad respect to him. I didn't hear any names though, did you guys hear who it was.?" Ito asked, pretty wordy but she was like that apparently. "Nice hair dude." She added, seeing him on the bed. "Thanks and also that was me." He addressed coolly. Ito's jaw dropped. "Holy shit, that's ballsy. I would've shit my pants."

Bakugou chuckled.

DAY 3

Bakugou woke up at nine like yesterday and got on his knees, to pray, getting up as soon as the woman left and flipping off the door aggressively. The other three chuckled, getting up and changing too.

Today was a little different, the man didn't come to yell at them. No one did. Maybe Ito was right about the guy actually being shaken. Maybe Bakugou made an impact.

One of the kids came over to Bakugou, who'd made the 'ballsy' move to -with the assistance of Robin- to make his hair look short with the beanie. "Hey are you the guy who yelled at the worker yesterday?" They asked, their voice was deep. Bakugou nodded. "Ass-sandwich got what he deserved. They laughed. "That was cool of you, everything you said was so meaningful, I'm genderfluid by the way, my name's Takahashi."

Bakugou smiled slightly. Takahashi smiled at him before joining another group of kids. Robin looked at him, Bakugou was sitting on one of the rounded picnic tables with his feet on the bench part. "It actually was pretty heroic of you. I was ready to kick that guy though when he slapped you." They said, lighthearted as per usual. "So, when you get out, what're you gonna do?" Robin asked, again making it sound like they're a prisoner of five years.

"I wanna go to UA. If I asked my mom for a binder and a haircut she'd probably agree. I think she was fine with it, her shitty boyfriend wasn't though that's why she sent me here, she was scared for me but I hope he'll be gone by the time I get out." Bakugou explained, he didn't mind being open with Robin, he might not see them after he gets out.

"Is he your dad?" Robin asked. "Fuck no!" Bakugou said, sounding disgusted. "My parents split or whatever." Robin nodded, putting a hand on his shoulder again and shaking it lightly. "My dad tried to beat me, it was my sister who sent me, same reason as your mom really. That's why I'm here for so long, so she can calm him down."

Bakugou turned to Robin. "Pretty shitty, huh?" They looked at him through their brown bangs. "Yup."

...

"This isn't that bad to be honest." Robin stated, sitting on their bed. "Yeah, it's easy access to check girls out." Ito chuckled. "Eat toes and Ribbon please shut up, you guys get fantasy land while I'm suffering. Bakugou can I cry on your shoulder, you seem well built enough for my bullshit." Ash whined. Bakugou unenthusiastically held his arms out as Ash stumbled over. "Man hugs are the best." She muttered. "I'm going to fucking cry, can you not." Bakugou choked out.

"No~." She whined, the other two smiled. "I'm leaving tomorrow nerds so now's your chance if you want a fucking hug." Bakugou jokingly said, Robin not hesitating. "Ribbon!" Ash squealed.

"Be quiet I'm an emotional wreck right now. Ito get your ass in here." Robin chuckled. Ito rolled her eyes and walked over, wrapping her strangely long and spindly arms around the three of them. "I'm being crushed and I'm not even binding." Robin wheezed.

...

What little stuff Bakugou had he packed up. Robin had let him keep the hat and Ito told him that she'd be fine in the tank top for the rest of her time here. Ash stood up and walked over, wrapping her arms around him. "I'm going to miss you and your man hugs." She whined. "Also I wanna give you something because I'll feel like a bitch if I don't."

She walked back over to her side and pulled out a huge hoodie with a skull identical to the one on his hat. "It was my dad's but he's dead to me now for sending me here so.. Here you have it, same logo as your hat." She said, starting out cheery, then monotone and ending cheery. "If I find out that either of you two came out of here as heteros I'll beat the gay back into you." Robin deadpanned. Ash bounded back to her side. "Ribbon I have something for you~." She chirped.

"It's a bird watching book, I don't know if you're into that but there's a whole section on Robins since they're common birds here, and you're name is Robin." She smiled.

FINAL

Bakugou was woke at nine like all other days. Today he was given his stuff back, which wasn't much. He put on a pair of cargo shorts and black converse hightops, paired with the t-shirt Ito gave him and the hoodie Ash gave him. Robin helped him put his hair up.

His stuff fit into the hoodie pockets. He met Takahashi on his way to the exit. 

"Oh, are you leaving?" They asked. "Yeah, stay strong though. Just because I'm not here to teach them what they should now doesn't mean you can't." Bakugou told him. Takahashi's eyes seemed to light up, as if all this was new to them. "Can I give you a hug?" They asked. Bakugou nodded. Takahashi gave him a hug before digging through his pockets for something.

"Here, it's a key."
"For what?"
"Anything, home I guess."
"Home?"
"Yeah. I kept it as a reminder, the key to home, where I belong, not a key to my house, where I feel misplaced."
"Where does it actually go to?"
"Dunno, looks cool though, you should have it. I didn't mean to overhear but I heard what it was like at your house so I think you need it more than me."
"Home?" Bakugou repeated, taking the key from him and putting it in his pocket. This time, Bakugou hugged him before running to catch up with Robin.

Word Count: 2773

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 175 27
Cassi, the antisocial nerd with a low self esteem. Jack, the overhyped jock that's never in school. Ace, the guy behind almost every death in town. L...
1.4K 67 17
"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 π’šπ’π’–, π’Šπ’•'𝒔 π’“π’–π’Šπ’π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Žπ’š π’π’Šπ’‡π’†." - Taylor Swift Darci and Mattheo had been friends since they first started Hogwarts. The...
123K 4.2K 37
Some of the funniest anime memes I've come across. :)
16.3K 621 5
Ohm always loved and cared for his two bestfriends Chimon and Nanon. But what will happen if he falls in love with one of them? Will their relationsh...