Just Smile: A Naruto Fanficti...

By jarodlikestowrite

"Just smile, Naruto!" When he was six years old, Naruto Namikaze's life changed forever when the Nine-Tailed... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Friend
Chapter 3: Prospect
Chapter 4: Failure
Chapter 5: Start
Chapter 6: Slash
Chapter 7: Warm Up
Chapter 8: Genetics
Chapter 9: Uchiha
Chapter 10: Crack
Chapter 11: Shatter
Chapter 12: Promotion
Chapter 13: A Year Later
Chapter 14: Whirlpools
Chapter 15: Scream
Chapter 16: Cult
Chapter 17: Future
Chapter 18: Plot
Chapter 19: Death
Chapter 20: Bright
Chapter 21: Sparring
Chapter 22: C-Rank
Chapter 23: Belief
Chapter 25: Blend
Chapter 26: Fortune
Chapter 27: Rescue Part 1
Chapter 28: Rescue #2/Hatred
Chapter 29: Exams
Chapter 30: Of the Sand
Chapter 31: Hint of War
Chapter 32: Underneath
Chapter 33: Burning Love
Chapter 34: Demon
Chapter 35: Funeral
Chapter 36: Farewells
Chapter 37: Shadows
Chapter 38: Questions
Chapter 39: Descent
Chapter 40: Dark
Chapter 41: Memories of Help
Chapter 42: A Promise
Chapter 43: Abyss
Chapter 44: Revival
Chapter 45: The Akatsuki
Chapter 46: Kumo
Chapter 47: Kage Summit
Chapter 48: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 49: Battlefield
Chapter 50: Checked
Chapter 51: Burning Steel
Chapter 52: Legendary Battle
Chapter 53: Duel of Fates
Chapter 54: The Second Sage of Six Paths
Chapter 55: Brothers
Chapter 56: Resolve
Chapter 57: God
Epilogue

Chapter 24: Glimpse

8.2K 246 121
By jarodlikestowrite

The three Genin and the one Jounin arrived back at the village, all of them slightly content that their mission had gone much better the last half than it had the first half, where without Naruto, they would've died long and gruesome deaths, but somehow, he actually managed to get Zabuza and his apprentice, a boy named Haku who could manipulate ice apparently, to go away in peace. 

It turned out that Zabuza and Haku raided Gato's mansion and killed the greedy businessman and stole his fortune before getting out of Wave before the hunter ninja from Mist could come and claim their bounty that was placed on their heads. 

Thus, Zabuza and Haku indirectly helped Wave prosper back and Tazuna, as well as his workers, finished the bridge in record time before the Leaf Ninja head back home, their mission completed. 

"Welp, I'm going to go report this to Hokage-sama, pretty sure he'll be happy to know that you guys took your first A-Rank today, so congrats I guess on that, even if I did all the work." He mumbled the last part of the sentence before he grinned. "Now go on home and get some rest, I'm sure you lot can use it!" 

He noticed how Sakura's face, which had been unusually happy throughout the entire time they had been gone from the village, was suddenly frowning and looking at the ground, finding the dirt more interesting than what Naruto was saying. 

Sasuke and Sai walked off and Naruto spun around to walk to the Hokage's office, only for Sakura to suddenly poke him in the back. He rose an eyebrow at the action and twisted his neck to see her. She was shaking.

"Can I uh, come with you to the debriefing? I, um, I want to see how it's done so I can do it in the future." 

"Your parents won't worry?" Naruto questioned, his smile faded as he watched Sakura tense up. 

"They probably don't even know I'm back in the village yet, so I think it'd be okay." Naruto shrugged. 

"Whatever makes you walk on water I guess." The two walked in a slightly-tense silence. They ascended up the stairs and into the Hokage's Office where Naruto explained every detail that happened in the mission. 

"Hm, I'm impressed that you beat Zabuza of the Hidden Mist so easily." Naruto shrugged, laughing a little.

"He was meh at most, I bet any serious Jounin here would be able to beat him in a one v one." Hiruzen chuckled. 

"A lot of people who are meh to you are strong to others, don't be so quick to dismiss them even as strong as you are." Naruto laughed before he said his goodbyes and he and Sakura walked out of the building. 

"Welp, I'ma go home so you can go home as well, I'll see you tomorrow at the regular time." He waved her off and began going home, but something was nagging in the back of his brain. Something wasn't right. He knew it. "Hey Sakura," He called out as the pink-haired girl turned around. He threw her a few bills of money. "Go get a haircut, if somebody grabs your hair you're fucked, just get it cut to your shoulders of something." 

"O-Okay, sensei, thank you!" She said before he disappeared in the air.

The Next Day

Sasuke, Sai, and Sakura appeared on the Training Grounds at exactly ten a.m., the usual time Naruto had called for them. 

Sakura had gotten her hair cut as Naruto suggested, or well, ordered her to. She got it short enough to where it was just above her shoulders. 

"Greetings everybody," Naruto spoke as he popped out of a tree. He noticed Sakura's hair. "That looks 10x better than the long hair, I promise." Sakura turned red as she looked at Sasuke, but the raven-haired boy looked at Naruto, not even noticing her. 

Naruto's Sharingan sprang to life as he looked at Sakura for a split second before his hands balled up into fists, anger swelling within him. 

She had a total of three bruises on her body, one of her wrist, one of her bicep, and the other on the back of her neck. Normally three bruises on a shinobi's body wasn't bad, it was actually considered lucky. But. . . 

"Sakura you didn't have those bruises on your body when I sent you to get your haircut, what happened?" Sakura suddenly looked at him with surprise on her face before it turned to shame. 

"I, I um, I tripped and fell down the stairs on my way home." Naruto's face suddenly turned into a frown. 

"There are no stairs on your way home, and you were so quick to come with me to brief a boring mission with Hokage-sama, you didn't want to go home. Sakura, who did this to you?" Sakura felt tears forming in her eyes. 

"T-They try not to make them visible." She whispered, fearing that if she was any louder, she might break down into tears. 

"Sasuke, Sai, turn around and close your eyes, if you even peek I'll tie you to a tree for three days without food or water," Naruto said seriously. The two boys obeyed him instantly as Naruto walked up to Sakura. 

"Show me," He whispered. He noticed the tears streaming down her face. "Hey, hey, hey, it's going to be alright. They won't hurt you ever again, I just need to see." She nodded and lifted up her shirt, showing him her stomach and a big brown and yellow spot had formed on her pale white skin. 

"There, um, there might be one of my back as well." Naruto looked at her back and only spotted several smaller bruises. 

"Who?" He asked quietly. 

"My mom and dad," She started breaking down before Naruto engulfed her in a hug. 

"It's going to be okay, they won't lay a single hand on you again." He promised as she returned the hug, hugging him with all her might. 

"Sai, I want you to go get Hokage-sama and tell him to bring a stretcher to Sakura's home. Sasuke, I want you to come with me in case Anbu try to interrupt me." 

"You want me to fight Anbu?" Naruto shook his head. 

"I want you to tell them that Naruto Namikaze is dealing with a child abuser, but only tell them if they come to investigate, okay?" Sasuke nodded. Naruto released Sakura from the hug and patted her on the head.

"Wipe those tears, Sakura, we'll deal with your parents, okay?" She nodded as she wiped her eyes. 

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke walked to Sakura's house, Sakura shaking the entire time. 

"It's going to be okay, Sakura," Sasuke said to her. "Like sensei said, he'll deal with your parents, it's going to be okay." Sakura nodded her thanks to her crush, surprised he even said anything. He was usually stoic and never spoke to her unless it was absolutely necessary. 

It was. . . nice.

They arrived at Sakura's house and Naruto walked up to the door and knocked three times before looking at Sakura.

"Are they both home?" Sakura nodded. 

"They should be, yes." The door opened and almost immediately Naruto could smell the cigarette smoke coming off from inside the house in waves. 

"Can I help you?" A raggedy man with dark pink hair and a mustache appeared in the doorway. 

"Yes, I just came to inform you that Sakura will be moving out of your home as of right now, so we'll be collecting her stuff and be on her way." The man rose an eyebrow. 

"And who are you to tell me that? She's still a child."

"She is a shinobi of the leaf and is considered an adult the moment she graduated and became a Genin, I am her sensei, Naruto Namikaze." The man's eyes widened slightly but he dismissed his surprise with a grunt.

"No, she's not leaving, I'm her father and she's not old enough to make wise decisions on her own accord. Now get off my property before I call the Anbu." He saw Sakura standing behind Naruto, shaking like a leaf. "Get in here, Sakura! Getting your sensei caught up in your stupid fucking drama, do I have to beat you to understand?" 

Sakura practically flew by Naruto, and into the house where she was suddenly grabbed by the wrist roughly by her father, emitting a tiny 'ouch'.

"Get your hand off of her," Naruto whispered as his Sharingan awakened in his eyes, his voice laced with venom that even Sasuke got shivers. 

"Don't tell me how to discipline my daughter! If I wanted to touch her even down there I'd be able to now go fuck yourself!" He slammed the door in Naruto's face, the bang echoing down the streets. 

Cue: Naruto Hatred OST Unreleased

"What? We have to go get her!" Naruto was silent as Sasuke yelled. "Naruto-sensei, we can't just-" He stopped as blood poured down Naruto's right cheek profusely as he suddenly pulled his hand back in a rigid motion as the wooden door was suddenly ripped off of its hinges. 

The now-gone door revealed Sakura's father shouting at his daughter as she cried, his grip tight on her wrist. "I told you to let her go," Naruto spoke as Sakura was suddenly pulled away from her father's grasp and into Naruto's arm where she was quickly handed to Sasuke who gripped him like a lifeline. 

"You stupid prick, I'll fucking-" Sakura's father began, rage coming off of his body like a flame gives off heat as he stormed towards Naruto, only for his mouth to suddenly become shut.

"I hate when people talk to anybody I care about like that," Naruto muttered darkly before jerking his hand back, Sakura's father flying out of the house and into the building across the street. "You landed a hand on your daughter too many times, Mr. Haruno. I will make you pay for your crimes against a precious one of mine!" 

Mr. Haruno, who now had a bleeding mouth, glared freely at Naruto, his pink hair now messy and slightly dusty. "Go off yourself so I can piss on your grave!" 

"Big words from a speck of shit on the earth," Naruto said darkly before he lifted his hand into the air as Mr. Haruno suddenly began floating up. "Now you will repent with your blood." Naruto's hand slowly began closing as Mr. Haruno suddenly began clawing at his throat, wanting a gasp of air, but he did not receive any. 

"You abused your daughter for long enough, your punishment will be fair and swift, but I will let you know something." Naruto's glare increased ten-fold as Sasuke froze from the amount of killing intent coming off of his usual happy sensei. "I've never hated anybody before, and yet you've made me hate you in less than twenty-four hours, congratulations." 

Naruto turned to a shaking Sakura. "Sakura, do you want him to die? This is your choice, if he lives, he might haunt you forever." Sakura remained frozen while her father clawed at his neck. "Sakura, I need an answer, do you want your parents to die?" 

"I've never had any parents," She whispered in an angry and hurt tone. Naruto nodded and killing intent flooded the atmosphere.

"Very well." 

"Sensei," Sasuke spoke in a low tone. Did his sensei really care that much for them? That he would go on a rampage just to keep them safe? Did he feel that way to Sai and him as well? 

"Now you can go to hell and be tortured just the way you tortured Sakura!" Naruto shouted as he suddenly closed his fist, a loud crunch resounding from his body as he suddenly fell to the ground, limp. 

"AGGGHHH!" A woman's scream was heard. Naruto looked up and saw Sakura's mother, Mebuki Haruno looking at her now-deceased husband, pointing at his wildly. 

"You are not an exception, Mrs. Haruno," Naruto growled as he suddenly used his powers to push her back into the building before he closed his fist. The building began to shake as Naruto's eye bled like someone was pouring red paint on his cheek. "Now die with the rest of your possessions since you didn't seem to hold your dearest one correctly!" The entire building collapsed, crushing the woman's body, killing her instantly. 

Dust poured into the street, clouding Sasuke's vision. He activated his Sharingan and he looked up and saw Naruto's glowing red eyes, fear erupted from his stomach suddenly as he felt nauseous. Was this death?

"Calm down, Sasuke," Naruto spoke and suddenly he felt warm again. Naruto snapped his finger and the dust settled all at once. He gently grasped Sakura's hand. "Now come on, both of you, I'm going to report this to Hokage-sama and the Anbu can deal with the mess. Let's go," The three walked in silence with the occasional sniffle from Sakura as Naruto walked into the Hokage's Office, ignoring his secretary's plea. 

In the room, was Homura and Koharu, most likely discussing politics with the old man. 

"Hey old man, I just destroyed a building and two people are dead. Sakura here will be staying with me from now on cause orphanage's suck ass, is that alright?" 

"Excuse me? Please start from the top for the love of God, Naruto." Hiruzen said as he set his pipe down, suddenly serious. "Tell me everything." 

Naruto then explained his suspicions of abuse and then how he got to his conclusion and how he dealt with the issue promptly. Hiruzen nodded as he gave Sakura a pitied look.

"I'm so sorry, Sakura-chan," Hiruzen spoke in a soft voice. "No one should ever have to deal with that." 

"T-Thank you, Hokage-sama." She whispered in a timid and slightly embarrassed voice. Hiruzen then looked at Sasuke. 

"And you can attest to this?" Sasuke nodded.

"Sensei didn't lie about anything, Hokage-sama. Everything he said was true to the last syllable." Hiruzen nodded.

"Good." He then looked at Naruto. "Though I'm not happy with how you dealt with it, I'm surprised you restrained yourself enough to actually one building and not several. Very well, Sakura-chan can stay with you for the time being, just make sure to drop by my office later when I have the paperwork ready."

"Thank you, Hokage-sama," Naruto said in a respectful tone he bowed deeply. 

"Wait, so you're just going to let Namikaze get away with murdering two civilians? Child abusers as they may be, we have laws and proper punishments for that? Who is he to decide who gets to live or die?" 

"With no disrespect, Koharu, Homura," Naruto began. "Sakura is a shinobi of the Hidden Leaf. Any harm that comes to her is a direct threat to the village and is considered such as treason, which is punishable by death. I hope you aren't defending those two's actions. . .?" 

"Of course not, it's just-" Homura began but was cut off by Hiruzen. 

"This matter is officially closed and will not be discussed any further. Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, you are free to go, your friend, Sai, informed me of bringing a stretcher to Sakura's address, but it seems a bodybag is more useful as of now." 

Naruto bowed again and they left. 

Having waved Sasuke goodbye, Naruto and Sakura went home. Naruto opened the door and let Sakura in, who walked into the house shyly. 

"Well, this is your home now, I guess," Naruto said as he coughed into his fist. "But your room is the one on the far left, usually Anko of Kakashi-nii stay there when they're too drunk to leave, but you can do with it as you want." 

"T-Thank you," Sakura whispered as she slowly walked down the hall along with Naruto.

"And I'm sorry about your stuff, I was in the heat of the moment." Sakura nodded.

"I didn't have much anyway, so it's fine." Naruto laughed a little and pat her on the head. 

"Well, even though its noon, I bet you're emotionally exhausted so lie down and get some rest and when you wake up we can go out to eat." Sakura nodded again.

"Thank you again, sensei." Naruto waved her off.

"It's no problem, and only call me sensei when it's me teaching you or in front of the teams. You can call me Naruto or whatever." He said. 

"Okay, thank you, Naruto." Naruto nodded and started closing the door behind her, but paused as it was almost shut. 

"Are you okay?" He asked her in a whisper. 

"I will be," She responded honestly. Naruto grinned. 

"If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm just in the other room, okay? Don't hesitate to wake my dumbass up okay?" Sakura nodded and laid on the bed. Naruto closed the door behind and sighed.

Maybe he needed a nap too? 

And done. How was it? Good? bad? TEll me!!!

Anyways, yeah. Big move coming up as well as a stressful ass choice! So yeah

Til next time my lil demons! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 1.7K 43
Their is a boy named Naruto who being mistreated by everyone in the village including his own family. Ever since he was born, he was treated like an...
5.4K 107 15
Naruto and Sasuke grow up as close brothers under one adoptive mother. Life isn't so bad after all...until Mother is taken. Family love/(maybe someth...
113K 2.5K 34
It's been 19 years since that tragic incident....19 years since Menma and Narumi were known to be the only children of Minato and Kushina. But on a f...
263K 9K 19
Naruto, but he isn't bubble, nice or even remotely kind to those he doesn't know. He's rough around the edges, closed off and shows little to no emot...