IN YOUR COURT (ON HOLD)

Galing kay ShaChief

Working in the sports industry had been her dream for as long as she could remember. However landing her drea... Higit pa

Chapter: I
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX

Chapter II

1.3K 70 21
Galing kay ShaChief

August 15, 2019
Zendaya

My alarm went off at 6:30 Am. I sighed with relief when I opened my eyes and Don wasn't next to me. Last night was hell, when I wouldn't have sex with him he resorted to beating on me. I ran my hands down my face and stared at the ceiling. I couldn't keep letting this happen. I'm 22 this can't be my life.

I called my landlord and as expected the call went to voicemail. "Um, good morning Mr.Johnson. Apparently someone at the front desk gave my spare key to an unwanted guest and if possible I was hoping that you could change my locks today. If a fee is necessary that's perfectly fine but I would appreciate it if we could make it happen today. Thank you"

I walked into the bathroom and sighed as I looked in the mirror. "Definitely gonna be a makeup day for you"

I jumped at the sudden voice behind me. "Where'd you come from?" I backed up from Don.

"I just walked in. Thought I could apologize with your favorite from Starbucks." He set it on the bathroom sink.

"You think Starbucks is gonna make up for my face?!?! Look at me !! No fucking coffee or croissants is gonna makeup for the endless scars and bruises. Fuck you Don! And I mean that wholeheartedly get out!"

"Baby I'm -"

"Goodbye Don!"

"Z-"

"Go" I turned around to the mirror and ran my fingers over my bruised cheek."

"You know I love you and sometimes I just get angry."

I scoffed and looked up at him through the mirror before pushing him back and closing the bathroom door in his face.

"I'll come back when you're no longer mad baby. I love you."

"Stupid ass food." I threw the bag away "okay sis you tripping keep the the drink" I managed to laugh at myself.

The hot water felt so good I lost track of time. When I checked my phone it was already 7 and I lived 40 mins from the stadium. I tripped over my cover as I ran to the closet and started throwing clothes all over the place.

I quickly decided on business casual and ran into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and quickly used my face cleanser before wetting my hair and using a diffuser so that my hair had volume.

"My fucking toe!!!" I hopped on one foot threw myself on the bed "stupid ass dresser"

My toe throbbed and turned red while I rolled around in pain for three mins. I checked the time and had ten more mins before I needed to be out the door. I quickly threw on my clothes and shoes. I Went back in the bathroom to cover up the bruises on my face and neck.

"TIME!" I smiled "that's how you get shit done. A real nigga doing real nigga shit" I popped my collar, grabbed my phone, charger and iced coffee before running out the door.

"Car key, you need your car keys bitch" I ran back in my room to quickly grab them. "I gotta stop talking to myself."

"Okay chill out Z" I evened my breathes as I started my car and headed to the facility.

Stepping out my car I adjusted my clothes as I took deep breathes.

"You got this Z"

Opening the door to the facility the cold air sent a shiver through my body. I walked down a long hallway reading the plaques on the door.

"Wooow" I looked at the glass office and the beautiful glass door with a plaque that read .Manager of Media. Followed by my name. "Dream job at 22. I can't believe this" I mumbled.

I opened the door to the office so that I could get a quick look around. I ran my finger over the beautiful desk and desktop computer. I picked up the camera and that sat on the desk shocked by the quality camera they provided. Everything was perfect. I walked over to the window and stared out at the beautiful view "this is crazy" I smiled

"Glad to see you're getting settled in." I turned toward the voice and laughed.

"I wasn't expecting this coach Williams. This is great" I smiled

"Well we're asking a lot of you. We want to make sure you're comfortable and well equipped."

"I wasn't expecting a big corner office."

"We take care of ours. Welcome to the team Coleman" he shook my hand. "Let's go meet the team."

Out the corner of my eye I could see the coach smirking "what??" I glanced at him.

"You nervous??"

"Is it obvious?" I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Look just don't let them run all over you. Kelly and Mikal is gonna push your buttons. Sometimes Devin will fall into the trap. The older guys aren't gonna give you a problem but the young ones are impressionable." He push a glass door open and walked down a short hall past the locker room.

"If Devin or kelly get them riled up then you might need to have an occasional drink" he laughed "If it ever gets to bad I'm here."

We stepped onto the court and I could already feel some of the team looking. "You ready??"

"It's now or never" I smiled. He blew his whistle making me jump. "Chill out Z" I mumbled

I was so in my own head I didn't even realize he was walking to the middle of the court. I put my hands in my pockets and followed close behind.

Devin

"Guys, this is your new MOM"

"Stop calling it that coach" Mikal said.

"Anyway her name is Zendaya and we are very lucky to have her."

"And you sure I can't stick it in her?" Kelly asked making the rest of the team laugh.

"No but I can make sure you're fined for sexual harassment and make sure an investigation is opened up against you" Coach smirked.

"It's not that deep." Kelly said aggravated.

"Zendaya would you like to say anything to them?"

My eyes scanned her head to toe. I could tell she was clenching and unclenching her fist in her pants pockets. She took a deep breath and shifted her weight from her right leg to the left one. She was clearly nervous.

"Uh Zendaya???" Coach snapped her out the daze she was in

Her head finally snapped up and she found all of us looking at her. "Yeah I'm sorry about that." She laughed a little.

"Go ahead ma." I winked at her.

Her cheeks turned a shade of pink and she quickly tried to compose herself.

"How is that not sexual harassment." Kelly threw his hands in the air.

"Anyway, my name is Zendaya Coleman and-"

"We know that already, tell us something we don't know" Mikal blurted out.

"Did you know you shot 43% from the free throw line last season?? They're free, try making some this season." She fires back making laughter erupt in the gym.

"Anyway, I'm not here to step on your toes. I love the suns and have loved them for as long as I can remember. I'm just here to help build a better brand for the team. I don't want no smoke, I hope we can all get along and I look forward to working with you guys."

"Alright. I'm gonna show her around the facility" they walked out.

"Soooo??" Mikal said

"She bad. She don't got no ass but she bad" Kelly said

"Chest flat as shit too" Mikal added.

"I'd hit it" I said shooting the ball

"You'd hit a stick figure??" Kelly laughed

"I'd hit a beautiful ass female. It's not about the body all the time. Plus I rather hit a flat back than a meth addict Kelly."

"IT WAS ONE TIME! Anyway It doesn't matter. She seem uptight. She give me virgin vibes. Like she not letting nobody hit." Kelly shrugged

"Just yesterday you said it wasn't Meth!" Jalen yelled while laughing.

"Stfu Rookie. Nobody asked you" Kelly threw the ball at him.

"I'm Devin Booker." I shrugged "plus I already made her blush. Ain't no girl turning me down."

"Aye Mikal you smell a bet?" Kelly smirked

"Facts" he laughed

"Talk to me"  I shrugged

"I bet ...." Kelly trailed off "I bet you can't hit.... let alone even get a date with her"

"And If I do??" I dribbled the ball.

"Whatever you want"

"Let me think on that?" I walked away going back to my drills.

"BUT!..."

"But what Kelly?"

"If you can't accomplish it. I want your locker. THE locker."

I laughed and shook my head "I'll think about it." I have the biggest locker in the locker room. Everyone wanted it. The others weren't small but they weren't mine. I had customized my locker just the way I want it and as long as I play for the suns I don't plan on giving it up.

"There's nothing to think about. Deal or no deal ?" Kelly smirked

"It's a bet" I nodded

"Don't bother that girl!" coach said walking back in right on cue.

"Don't worry coach this one might be a lil too uptight" I smirked "right Kels?"

"I like the confidence" Jalen laughed

"I hate you. all of you " coach said walking away.

The sound of a shutter caught my attention. I looked over to the sideline and seen Zendaya with a camera in her hand. The camera was pointed at Jalen as he did Handle drills.

The focus on her face was funny, in a cute way. Her nose scrunched up and she chewed on her bottom lip as she adjusted the lens.

2 hours later practice was over and we were all leaving the facility. Walking past the media office she didn't have her blinds closed to her glass office. I tried grabbing her attention through the window but she was so focused rolling back and forth from the printer to her desk. Even if I was to knock she wouldn't hear me because she had headphones on.

I pushed the door open and leaned against it. She chewed on the cap of her pen as she frantically typed on the computer.

"iPad, iPad, iPad" she mumbled before standing up and glancing around the office until her eyes finally landed on me.

"Oh- Hi" she dropped her pen.

"Wassup" I laughed at her shocked expression.

"Were you standing there long?" She took her headphones off "I'm sorry I didn't hear or see you."

"It's all good. You looking for this?" I picked the iPad up off the couch that was in the corner.

"Yeah, thanks" she laughed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. Her laugh was cute.

"So how can I help you Devin?" She sat back down and gave me all her attention.

"I didn't need anything. Just wanted to see how your first day was." I shrugged as I sat on the arm of the couch.

"Well. I caught some really good pictures of you guys. Here." She walked over to me and placed the iPad in my hand.

"See I really focused today on strictly catching you guys in action. Jump shots, dribbles, running, defense, you know all the good stuff." she balanced her forearm on my shoulder and reached her other hand across me to pull up the photos.

"You got any good ones of me today?" I turned to look at her and our faces was so close together that I could tell she'd recently chewed mango gum.

Her face turnt red and she quickly stood up and laughed a little "uh yeah. This was actually my favorite photo of the day" she took the iPad and scrolled to it before putting it back in my hand.

"Damn you caught all my armpit hair. Looks like I'm hiding gemlins under there. This is dope tho. You caught it at the perfect time"

"Thanks" she smiled before sitting back at her desk.

"So everyone is gone. You gonna stay here all day?"

"My day doesn't end when the team leaves. Plus trust me I'm in no rush to get home" she sighed as she mumbled the last part.

"You good?" I raised my eyebrow

"Yeah I'm fine."

"You had lunch yet? It's noon I don't know how long you plan on staying here. You should probably eat."

"I'll grab something from the vending machine." She laughed

"That stuff in that machine is nasty. Don't do that to yourself. Plus cafe staff doesn't come back until next week." she put her pen down and looked at me.

"Devin honestly I'm not even that hungry."

"THAT hungry? Which means you are hungry." I chuckled "look I was gonna go grab some food. Do you wanna come?"

"Um, I have a boyfriend" she said hesitantly "or well I did, I mean- never mind"

"That's fine. That's not what I asked you tho."

"Right" she laughed "I'm sorry Devin but I have a lot of stuff to get done or start to get done"

"We'll go get it and bring it back here. I'll even let you run some ideas or thoughts past me."

She spun around in her chair a couple times before looking at her watch. "No, I'm sorry"

"That's cool. I'll let you get some work done. See you tomorrow" I laid the iPad down. As I walked to the door I counted down in my head from 3.

"Wait"

I smirked before turning around to face her. "Hmm?"

"Where are we going?..."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

7K 174 36
Everyone from Love Me Tomorrow is back! Basketball Trey Carruth is taking the NBA by storm, with no plans of slowing down. Love Keira Lans...
69.8K 3.7K 34
Work #9 // Shawn Carter, the #1 overall NBA Draft Pick in college basketball, is one of the greatest shooting guards in college history, a...
58K 2K 21
(Sequel to Mystery Over History) ~ I wanna know how we became so distant girl The way we fell in love it was almost instant~ Just a few lyrics to des...
13.6K 364 48
~ The Love Story