Against Fate (Eternal Love of...

Autorstwa JOYHYT

This is a 'Modern Love Story' fanfiction based on Eternal Love of Dream drama series/Ten Miles Pillow Book No... Więcej

Against Fate - Introduction
1. Reincarnation
2. Who are you?
3. Invisible
4. Repayment
5. Realization
6. Jealousy
7. Enough is enough
8. Confrontation
9. Moving On
10. Friendship
11. New Beginning
12. Starting Over
13. Back To Square One
14. Guardian Angel
15. Who am I?
16. Keeping It A Secret
17. Forgetting
18. Love Rival
19. Concealment
20. Cohabitation
21. The First Night
22. Getting Closer
23. Movie Night
24. Dreams
25. A Small Gathering
26. Stranger Danger
27. Back To Reality
28. Truth Hurts
29. Staying Strong
30. Dilemma
32. Sports Meet
33. Lasting Impression
34. Curiosity
35. Beach Day
36. Kindness Pays Off
37. Hot Springs
38. Taking Back What's Mine
39. Rumours
40. Evil Plans
41. Protectors
42. New Colleagues
43. Harem
44. Creating Opportunities
45. Gossip Duo
46. Mrs. Claus
47. Plan C-offee
48. Knight In Shining Armour
49. Fighting My Own Battles
50. Journey to the 'Art Gallery'
51. The Art Of Jealousy
52. The Game Has Begun
53. The Final Winner
54. True Feelings
55. Confessions
56. Promises
57. What Goes Around Comes Around
58. Reassurance
59. Birthday Dinner
60. Slumber Party
61. Misunderstandings
62. Coffee, Tea or Me?
63. Love Cuisine
64. Plan F-ish
65. Battle Of The Designers
66. False Rumours
67. Designers VS Presidents
68. A Pleasant Surprise
69. Stepping Back
70. Secret Santa
71. Christmas Eve
72. A Blessing In Disguise
73. All I Want For Christmas Is You
74. Baking Up Some Love
75. Christmas Bromance
76. Heavenly Cookies
77. Su Moye Saves The Day
78. Pick-up Chicks 101
79. The Escape Plan
80. New Year's Eve
81. Taking Responsibilities
82. The Hangover
83. Fireworks
84. Unofficially Dating
85. Straight From The Horse's Mouth
Author's Note
86. Get One's Wires Crossed
87. The Tea Trio
88. Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining
89. Another One Bites The Dust

31. Facing Your Fears

1.5K 59 42
Autorstwa JOYHYT

Feng Jiu signed the employment contract, but she needed to attend a compulsory 'Orientation Training Program' before she could start working.

She was told to attend the orientation training along with the other successful candidates that were hired through the Mass Recruitment Event.

This year, Tai Chen Group will be holding its 'Orientation Training Program' at a famous hot spring resort. All new employees were required to complete their training at the resort for one week, and the management staff will be training them.

The purpose of the program was to help them integrate into the company and to train them on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the company. It was also an all-paid vacation to welcome the new employees.

Feng Jiu looked forward to attending the training, as she thought that it would be a good way for her to de-stress. Si Ming will also be there too.

----------------------------------------

On the day of the 'Orientation Training Program,' Feng Jiu excitedly waited outside the office building for the tour bus to come to pick them up. Then they were told to split up into groups, according to their department and teams.

Feng Jiu went over to look for Si Ming, as they belonged to the same team. It turns out that there were only three new staff in the Design Department, under Si Ming's team. It was Si Ming, Feng Jiu, and another guy.

"Hi! Nice to meet you both. My name is Yan Chiwu, but everyone calls me Xiao Yan! What are your names?" The guy introduced himself to Si Ming and Feng Jiu.

"Hi, I'm Feng Jiu! And he's Si Ming. Si Ming will be leading our team, so don't offend him! He's a nice and chill guy, but when it comes to working, he's serious." Feng Jiu shook Xiao Yan's hand.

"Oh! I guess I better watch myself around Mr. Si Ming then!" Xiao Yan exclaimed.

"Come on, Feng Jiu. You're giving me a bad name now! As long as both of you get your work done, I'll be a flexible boss. And please, just call me Si Ming. I don't like it when it's too formal!" Si Ming smiled at Xiao Yan.

"Sure, Si Ming! I hope I won't disappoint you. I'm so excited, and I heard the resort is really beautiful!" Xiao Yan was getting hyper from all the excitement.

Soon, the bus came, and they set off towards the resort. Feng Jiu sat with Xiao Yan, and they started talking more about themselves.

"Why did you join the company, Feng Jiu?" Xiao Yan asked curiously.

"Well. I actually applied for this job months ago, and they just got back to me. It used to be my dream job, but now I'm not so sure. Ahhh, enough of me! How about you, Xiao Yan?"

"Oh! I joined this company because my crush is working here. I had liked her since I was young. Although it's one-sided now, I'm sure someday she will be touched after seeing how much I'm doing for her!"

Feng Jiu didn't want to intrude into his privacy, so she didn't ask who his crush was.

"That's nice. I can totally understand how you feel, Xiao Yan. Oh well, let's put the sad topic aside, and let's just enjoy our vacation! I have heard a lot about the hot springs there, and I'm dying to go in it!"

Then they continued talking, and they were having a lot of fun laughing together.

----------------------------------------

"We are finally here!" Feng Jiu exclaimed.

Their legs were getting stiff after the long bus trip, and they both started running around like two excited kids.

Then the person-in-charge gathered everyone, and announced, "Everyone, listen up. We will be assigning rooms now. We will be giving all of you two hours to rest, and we will assemble back here again. We will take it easy for the first day, and we will be having a buffet dinner tonight as a form of welcoming everyone. As for your program itinerary for the next few days, you'll find it in your rooms later on."

Si Ming and Xiao Yan were assigned to the same room, and Feng Jiu had the room to herself as there were only three people in their team. Then they headed back to their rooms to freshen up.

Feng Jiu changed into comfortable clothing and lay on her bed, thinking, "This place is really nice. Even though it is still hard for me to see Dong Hua again when I go back to work, at least I don't have to see him for the next few days! I'll enjoy my vacation, and don't overthink for now!"

Then Feng Jiu started rolling around on her bed in excitement.

----------------------------------------

Two hours passed, and everyone assembled at the entrance of the resort.

"I can't wait to eat! What are we waiting for?!" Feng Jiu excitedly exclaimed.

"Me too, me too! I'm going to eat so much!" Xiao Yan excitedly replied, and they both started hopping around.

"Look at you two, acting like kids! You're still a glutton, Feng Jiu! And now, you got yourself another food buddy!" Si Ming shook his head while looking at the both of them

"Why can't we eat yet?!"

Feng Jiu and Xiao Yan were getting impatient from all the waiting.

After a while, the staff in charge announced, "Everyone, please gather here and stop talking. We will be starting dinner soon, but before that, we will have to wait for some important people to arrive."

"Important people? Who's the big shot, and why should we wait for them before we can start eating?! I'm so hungry!" Xiao Yan protested.

"I'm not sure, maybe Si Ming knows?" Feng Jiu causally replied.

Si Ming glanced over to the entrance of the resort and replied, "Shh... I think they are here now."

Everyone else instantly kept quiet too. Feng Jiu then glanced at the entrance, trying to see who were the important people that they were talking about.

----------------------------------------

A tall man with an aura of authority around him walked in. The man was also accompanied by a big group of people behind him.

"Good evening, Mr. President."

The person-in-charge bowed his head to greet him.

"Dong Hua....?!" Feng Jiu was shocked.

Then she took a closer look and realized that it was indeed Dong Hua. He seemed so different, so cold and unapproachable now. It felt weird for her to see Dong Hua, after so many weeks of not seeing him.

Dong Hua paid no attention to anyone. He continued to stride down the corridor and went up the elevator.

Feng Jiu's heart sank upon seeing Ji Heng walking closely behind Dong Hua. Xiao Yan also noticed Ji Heng.

"Ji Heng! It's me, Xiao Yan!" He yelled, trying to get her attention.

Ji Heng turned back and gave a look of disgust upon seeing them. Xiao Yan smiled at Ji Heng, while Feng Jiu hid behind Si Ming, afraid to be seen by her.

Feng Jiu then whispered to Xiao Yan, "You know Ji Heng?"

"Of course! She's my crush, the one I told you about just now!" He excitedly replied.

Feng Jiu was speechless and didn't know what to say.

----------------------------------------

"Okay, everyone, let's proceed to the restaurant now. It's free seating so you can find a place and then start eating. Don't be shy and eat more!" The person-in-charge announced, and everyone started moving towards the restaurant.

"Brrrr! Such coldness. Our President is such an ice face! But I'm so glad that I got to see Ji Heng!"
Xiao Yan shivered and said to Feng Jiu. Then he started to walk towards the restaurant.

"Let's go, Feng Jiu." Si Ming gestured her to follow him.

Feng Jiu then followed them, but she was still in a daze, thinking about Dong Hua.

"It's weird seeing Dong Hua again, but I guess I have to learn to get used to it. I have to constantly remind myself that I'm doing all this for Ye Qingti. Be strong, Feng Jiu! You can do this!"

Si Ming then noticed Feng Jiu was far behind them, and he went over to check on her.

"I know it's hard for you, Feng Jiu. But don't worry, I'll be here for you. Try to feel better. Maybe eating something will help." Si Ming tried to console Feng Jiu.

"I'm fine, Si Ming. I know it will take time. Talking about food, I'm getting hungry. Let's go quickly so that we can snag a good seat near to the buffet area!" Feng Jiu then dragged Si Ming, and they caught up with Xiao Yan.

"I'm going to enjoy the buffet and not think about anything now!" Feng Jiu thought to herself, and they happily sat down and stuffed themselves with food. Xiao Yan and Feng Jiu even had an eating competition, to see who ate the most.

Soon, it was time for them to head back to their rooms to rest and prepare for the next day. Feng Jiu waved them goodbye and headed back into her room.

She lay on the bed and started thinking about Dong Hua again. It was easy for her to distract herself when she was with her friends, but once she's alone, she wasn't able to control her thoughts.

Then she reminded herself that she was doing all these for Ye Qingti, and she started feeling better.

Eventually, Feng Jiu fell asleep while hugging on to her pillow.

There was once when Dong Hua was so close to me.
But now, he's so cold and far from my reach.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

87.1K 1.4K 23
Many years after Ye Hua's revival and his reunion with Qian Qian... Qian Qian's niece Feng Jiu desperately in love with the former Earth and Heaven G...
207K 5.4K 41
Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds out that she has until her Heavenly Tria...
63K 2.1K 33
[ssfx3yuchen collaboration with Micarzam14] - in progress NOTE: THIS IS A TEN MILE OF PEACH BLOSSOMS FANFIC AND NOT ETERNAL LOVE OF DREAM FANFIC. 🌸�...
119K 2.4K 29
It had been 300 years since Bai Fengjiu was crown as the Queen of QingQiu. She was said to be extremely beautiful and graceful only second to her Aun...