Emerald Rain

Av OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... Mer

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

Horsebow Moon:

579 12 16
Av OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Byleth:

"Byleth" A loud voice called from outside of her room door, Byleth jolted up from her slumber and stumbled to the door. She opened the door, blinking in surprise by the brightness of the sunlight. "Ah- I'm sorry to have disturbed your sleep" The person said, Byleth shaded her eyes and realized that it was Dimitri.

"No worries" Byleth yawned "I should have been awake since earlier" she added

"Oh I almost forgot" Dimitri said, "I met with Lady Rhea right now, and she requested your presence" he added. Dimitri probably noticed the look of discomfort that fell upon Byleth's face "If you'd like I can accompany you?" he offered Byleth.

She shook her head "No that's alright" Byleth sighed "I have to get over it" she added.

Dimitri leaned against her door frame "You know Byleth I never did take you out to eat yesterday" he said, Byleth felt this weird feeling in her chest when he said that. "And since things should be calming down now perhaps now is a good time?" Dimitri asked, Byleth watched some blush creep across his cheeks.

"Hmm... I suppose so, especially since we have the whole month practically free" Byleth said "We can do it later today if you'd like?" Byleth suggested.

Dimitri's face lit up "Yes- today is perfect" he said then paused for a moment "Say Byleth have you ever ridden on horseback before?" Dimitri asked, and Byleth shook her head "Ah then it's settled I shall prepare a horse for the evening" he said excitedly "Oh right I should let you get ready to meet with the Archbishop" he added. "I shall see you later this evening" Dimitri concluded then turned away to leave in an attempt to maintain his composure.

Byleth closed the door and quickly changed into the school uniform, then left to speak with the Archbishop. "Welcome Byleth" Rhea said as soon as Byleth entered the room, she noticed professor Hanneman was there as well "I see I was right to task your class with finding Flayn" she beamed "Manuela told me that Flayn is recovering nicely, as is Monica" Rhea added.

"Is Monica a student here?" Byleth asked after remembering Sothis wondering the very same thing.

"Monica the girl you rescued along with Flayn is also a student here at the officers academy, however" Rhea said.

Professor Hanneman piped in "She is a student from last years class, she went missing just before she would have graduated, It had never occurred to us that something might have happened to her at the monastery, we had believed that she simply ran away". he sighed "I never dreamed we would have found her, not like this".

Rhea began to tell Byleth how Monica would join the Black Eagles house once she recovered, and that the students must move past this tragic incident. After that she proceeded to tell Byleth how next month they would be participating in the Battle of the Eagle and Lion. Once she had finished telling Byleth about that she dismissed her.

"Hey kiddo" Byleth heard her Father call out from his office, Byleth walked that way then entered Jeralt's office "I heard that you'll be going to Gronder field next month, You've never been there before have you?" Jeralt asked, Byleth shook her head "There is unease in the western side of the Empire, but everything east of the Capital, Enbarr is stable" he added "Well there was a noble rebellion a while ago, but it didn't amount to much" he sighed.

"Will you come to the Battle of the Eagle and Lion?" Byleth asked.

"Sorry, but I've got my own mission and it's far from Gronder Field" Jeralt said apologetically "The church has always been quick to make use of those who work for them" he added "What I'm more concerned about is finding out who among us is pulling the strings" Jeralt whispered. "Ever since the Rite of Rebirth strange groups have been seen around Garreg Mach, and elsewhere too" he said "There was also an incident where some knights investigating these suspicious strangers... turned up dead" he added. "Not that it's likely but if something like that ever happens to me..." Jeralt began "Search this room every corner, every shelf. I'm going to leave something for you" Jeralt concluded.

Byleth made a face of concern "Don't say things like that" she said softly.

"Don't get me wrong I have no intention of dying" Jeralt laughed "I knew it would be too much to ask you to cheer up, but can you at least drop the serious act... Well I'll be, was that a smile just now?" Jeralt said in shock, he just chuckled and Byleth made a face at him

After talking with her Father for a while, Byleth left from his office and was wandering aimlessly around the monastery. After a while of walking she decided to go to and practice sparring in the training grounds. "Byleth!" A voice called out, she turned to see that it was Hilda.

"Hey, Hilda!" She said.

"Byleth, I'm bored, let's go to town" Hilda declared "We'll have fun and I'm sure we can find two men more than willing to take the both of us out" Hilda added while raising her eyebrows.

"I'm alright, thank you"Byleth responded "I already made plans to go into town later today" she added.

Hilda groaned "Without me!?" she sighed "Fine!" Hilda shouted "How about instead we stay here and make jewelry?" She asked Byleth.

Byleth looked at Hilda and she was looking at her with big puppy eyes, Byleth sighed "Alright" she added.

"Yes!" Hilda cheered "Come, let's get the supplies from my room first" She said excitedly, then turned around to guide Byleth. Once they had gathered the supplies they needed from Hilda's room they went to go and find a place in the monastery where they could do it.

"We can make them outside of my room? In the grassy area" Byleth suggested.

"Yup!" Hilda said enthusiastically "That way we get to enjoy the weather" she added. Byleth nodded in agreement and the two of them left to go there.

Making any type of jewelry proved to be more difficult than Byleth had thought it would be, Hilda made it look so easy. Byleth watched as her friend put the finishing touches on the bracelet she was making. "Voila!" Hilda shouted once finished "So what do you think?" She asked.

"It's Beautiful" Byleth said, trying to repress the jealousy she felt within over not being able to do it as Hilda had.

"Great! give me your hand" Hilda said, Byleth was confused but compiled with the order. Hilda then proceeded to put the bracelet on her wrist and secured it on there.

"Are you sure?" Byleth asked, shocked by Hilda's gift.

"Don't be silly, I made it for you" Hilda said, she looked at the bracelet that Byleth had been working on "Oh my, I haven't been a very good teacher have I" Hilda said with a laugh "Let me help you fix it" she added.

After a bit of Hilda's help Byleth had managed to successfully make a bracelet, she followed in Hilda's lead and gave her the bracelet. Byleth knew that her bracelet wasn't nearly as nice as the one Hilda had created, but Hilda appreciated the gesture of it. The two of them sat there for a while just chatting about the things that have been going around at the monastery.

"Byleth" Byleth looked up from where she had been sitting and noticed that Dimitri had appeared, he looked a little nervous. "Hello, are you ready to go to dinner?" Dimitri asked.

Hilda immediately shot up with a huge grin on her face, she wrapped her arms around Byleth "So you're the one who Byleth made plans with" Hilda said to Dimitri, and his face turned red "How could you steal my sweet Byleth from me" Hilda added in with a dramatic gasp, Byleth just shrugged to Dimitri, she wasn't sure how to react to this either.

"Ah- well, my apologies" Dimitri began "I didn't intend to steal her from you, if you'd like you can accompany us" Dimitri said hesitantly

Hilda immediately got up "Ok! I'll go find Claude then we can all go!" Hilda said then took off to find Claude.

Dimitri realized he'd been played, and sighed "Well I guess a horse ride is out of the question now" he said a little sadly.

"That's alright" Byleth said in an effort to comfort him "Maybe some other time?" She suggested, Dimitri smiled and nodded.

"So Byleth" Dimitri began "How did it go with your meeting with Lady Rhea?" he asked.

"Oh- right that, it went fine" Byleth said "She was glad we found Flayn, and that girl Monica" she added.

"Monica?" A voice called from behind, Byleth turned to see Claude and Hilda approaching them "Who's Monica?" Claude asked.

"We rescued her alongside with Flayn yesterday," Byleth said to Claude. "I think she's still in the infirmary, so that would explain why you haven't heard about her yet" she added and Claude nodded then turned his attention to Dimitri.

"So your highness where are you taking us this fine evening?" Claude asked with a wink. Dimitri proceeded to tell him about this restaurant in town that he thought would be good, Claude made a face for a moment like he'd just realized something. "Oh- I see," Claude said awkwardly.

The four of them made their way into town and were almost to their destination, when Claude stopped. "Hey Hilda look at that place over there" he said pointing to a row of shops "How about we check them out?" Claude asked.

"Ok sure," Hilda said.

"Great!" he then turned to Byleth and Dimitri "No need to wait on us you two" Claude said "Have fun!" he added with a wink, then took off with Hilda.

Byleth felt a little nervous with it being just her and Dimitri, she knew what she was getting into beforehand but she had to admit she felt mildly relieved that Claude and Hilda were also there. But now it was just Byleth and Dimitri by themselves.

Dimitri:

Dimitri felt excited, he couldn't believe that Claude had done that. Dimitri made a mental note to thank him later on when he next saw him. "Shall we continue on?" Dimitri asked Byleth who was still dazed by what had happened, his question regained Byleths attention.

"Ah yes, of course" Byleth said softly, Dimitri held out his arm for her to hold onto so he could guide her. He paused for a moment scared she would reject his gesture, but his fears quickly dissolved once he felt her hands on his arm. Her hands are so small Dimitri thought to himself, and felt his face grow hot.

"Well let's be on our way then" Dimitri said, then began leading the way. They finally reached the place, it was fairly empty the server told them it was because people thought that there was going to be a storm tonight. Dimitri and Byleth sat down at their table, it was initially awkward at first since Byleth was naturally quiet, but after a while he managed to draw more conversation out of her. "So Byleth" Dimitri said "Has art been a secret passion of yours?" he teased referring to her attempt at drawing that beast thing, and Byleth's face grew red.

"I'll have you know it was the best I could do" Byleth rebutted "So Dimitri has breaking lances always been a passion of yours?" She asked sarcastically, Dimitri laughed in response to this. After they had finished eating they began to get ready to go.

"I wouldn't if I were you" a server told them, as Dimitri opened the door to see it raining incredibly hard. "I told you there was going to be a storm" the server sighed "I'd advise getting a room to wait out the storm in, there is a place next door" he added, Dimitri nodded. He then re- opened the door, grabbed Byleth's hand and ran next door to rent a room.

They entered the inn, and the rain had managed to spare them from being completely drenched in rain water, however they were still fairly wet. "Can I get two rooms?" Dimitri asked the clerk as they approached him.

"Sorry, we only have one left for the night" the clerk said and before Dimitri could respond the clerk added "The bed will be big enough for the both of you though" then he laughed. Dimitri felt his face grow hot then he looked over at Byleth and saw her face had grown red.

"That's not necessary" Dimitri mumbled "We'll take the room" he added, the clerk then led them to the room they'd be staying in.

"Here it is" the clerk said while opening the room for them to enter "Have a good night you two" he said with a wink then shut the door leaving Byleth and Dimitri alone in silence.

Byleth sat down on the edge of the bed, and Dimitri did as well but not right next to her he didn't want to make her think that he was trying to... do that with her. Dimitri's face grew hot again, he wondered if that might even be a possibility.

"You're disgusting" King Lambert hissed into his ear "Poor girl, if she knew what you were thinking she'd probably take her chances in this storm" he added to further the blow to Dimitri.

"Please not now" Dimitri pleaded in his head, this had to be the worst timing possible to try to please the dead Dimitri thought to himself.

"Dimitri?" Byleth said, Dimitri turned his attention to her; he noticed she was slightly shivering and her nose was pink.

"Byleth are you cold?" Dimitri asked, then grabbed a blanket off the bed and wrapped it around her.

"Thank you" Byleth said "I've been meaning to ask Dimitri..." she paused for a moment "what was it like to lose your parents, my Father mentioned something about his own possible death today and I didn't know how to react to it" She said, Dimitri was quiet for a moment, he was trying to think of the way to put it into words. "You don't have to answer that if it's too personal, Dimitri"Byleth said.

"No that's not it" Dimitri said with an awkward laugh "I'm just... " he sighed "Well I would have to say it was lonely, and hard when I lost my parent" Dimitri said sadly "I'm afraid as time goes on I won't remember much about them, their likes, dislikes, or even appearance" he sighed,and then he felt Byleth had touch his shoulder in an effort to comfort him.

"I'm sorry Dimitri" Byleth said and Dimitri quickly changed the subject.

"Do you think Claude and Hilda ever made it to the monastery?" Dimitri asked "Or do you think they're holed up in a room like us?" he said with a chuckle, he looked over at Byleth for her response and saw she had fallen asleep. She was... stunning, Dimitri thought even in sleep. Dimitri yawned, I could shut my eyes for a few minutes I suppose, he thought to himself then laid beside Byleth and fell asleep.

Byleth:

"Wake up" Sothis shouted "Come on wake up already" she said more annoyed. Byleth's eyes shot open, she panicked for a moment about the unfamiliar room but then she remembered what had happened. Byleth was about to get up when she realized that it might be hard to do, her back side was tucked into Dimitri and his arms were wrapped against her tightly holding her in place. Byleth's face grew hot, she wasn't sure if she should try to get out of his grip or just wake him up, but she also didn't want to make him feel bad about this. Byleth froze, she just realized that there was something poking into her backside of her upper thigh. "Oh My, the prince certainly has gotten more forward" Sothis teased.

"Not the time Sothis" Byleth said panicked. Byleth felt Dimitri shifting, she was relieved that he was waking up, but this relief was cut short when he pulled her in closer to him and wrapped a leg around her, she felt it on her butt now. Byleth didn't want to but she knew she had to wake Dimitri up, "Crap" she thought. "Dimitri" Byleth said, she heard him groan a little and his grip loosen "Dimitri" Byleth said louder, she knew he was awake now because he jumped up from the bed.

"Byleth" Dimitri said "I am so sorry" he added as his face grew incredibly red "I didn't mean to" Dimitri said.

"I know Dimitri" Byleth said, as she felt her face growing hot "Maybe we should see if the storms passed?" Byleth said to change the subject.

"Right!" Dimitri said, then the both of them left to see if it was safe to leave. It looked like the rain had just recently let up, it was also still dark out so they were probably only asleep for a few hours. The two of them walked back to the monastery, the whole trip there Dimitri was apologizing profusely. Once they'd gotten back to the monastery Dimitri walked Byleth to her room and then scurried off to his own room in shame. Byleth closed the door after she saw him leave.

"So Byleth... long night?" Sothis teased. Byleth ignored her and laid down on her bed, she was thinking about how warm he felt against her.

"My thoughts would disappoint my Father" Byleth thought to herself, since Jeralt had always stressed the importance of abstinence for his daughter, not to just sleep with any man. Byleth had never felt that primitive urge like others her age had so it was never an issue for her, but... Dimitri kept creeping his way into her head. Byleth sighed in frustration and just laid down staring at her ceiling.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1K 139 15
In a city below us, a hidden fourth house resides. When you and her friends go searching for it and meet the underground world of Abyss, trouble spar...
1.7K 30 5
The Fall of Garrag Moch Monastery, Year 1180 had been a disaster and full of the unexpected. But lets follow a different flow in the time stream. In...
20.7K 687 56
"We could have been great together, Teach." Even though Byleth had chosen to teach the Black Eagles, the Golden Deer house leader Claude von Riegan w...
39.7K 1.6K 110
Imperial year 1159 a nun of Garreg Mach monastery dies mysteriously during child birth leaving behind her beloved daughter Byleth. In a turn of event...