Come Gentle Bliss

By SlendermansBae

"It's funny how they can negotiate peace in time of war, yet they can negotiate war in time of peace." - R. G... More

Epigraph
1) be prepared
3) What am I?
4) Freedom at last
5) Stunned
6) Natural strength
7) A tattoo will help, right?
8) Afraid of the dark
9) On the edge
10.) We fight to protect
11.) Mother?
12.) Undermining Orders
13.) Fresh air
14.) Biggest fears
15.) A Trick?
16.) My time to die
17.) Stay...Away
18.) Control
19.) Do you realize?
20.) The Exhibition
21.) No Control
22.) The inevitable
23.) I have...Lost
24.) Mother knows best
25.) Runaway
26.) Peaceful?
27.) Brutal Out Here
28.) Infinite Love
29.) There's A Possibility
30.) Death Penalty
31.) you win or you die
32.) I'm Not A Predator
33.) Of The Blue Flames
34.) the quality of mercy
35.) where is your mind?
36.) All The Lonely People
37.) Run...
38.) Seeking
39.) don't speak
40.) familiar faces of the dead
41.) a change in evolution

2) Choosing what feels right

3.8K 109 0
By SlendermansBae

Calypso

"Before you make a decision, ask yourself this question: will you regret the results or rejoice in them?"

- Rob Liano

Where am I? I looked around me and there was no one around. It was just me in a dark place that was lit by this blue light above me.

Hello? Is anybody out there? I couldn't speak, I can only hear my thoughts out loud and it made me feel uneasy. I start walking around this dark place and the light above me followed, it was almost like a little cloud on my parade.

I ignored the light and kept walking.

I hear a splash in front of me and I looked down at my feet to see water?

It felt a little thicker than usual, but I ignored it and kept walking. Only thing was, the water kept getting deeper and deeper, and now it's up to my neck.

Soon enough, I couldn't feel the floor.

Gotta go back. I thought to myself and turned around, I begin to swim back so I can be on the floor, but the farther I got, the more I realized that the floor was gone.

This can't be happening.

I turned back to where I was heading originally and swam through the thick water, maybe the water was dirty.

I looked ahead to see a pair of steps going up to the room I was taking my test in and start swimming towards that light.

I finally make it to the stairs and take the first step up, but I missed it falling completely into the water and I slightly panicked. I regained myself and resurfaced, I take in a deep loud breath and held the tile step.

I climbed up and I did not know why my legs felt so sore that I had to crawl my way back to the room. Once that blue light was gone and I saw the warm light from the room, I looked down at my hands to see they were covered in blood.

My heart begins to race and my lips went numb.

"What?" I muttered finally hearing my voice and I looked at the rest of my body to see it was a covered in blood. I looked at myself in the mirror and see my face was covered with it as well.

I looked back at the chair and it was gone. Instead, all I was surrounded by was mirrors.

I turned around every single direction to understand why this was happening and it was just reflections of me.

"Choose." I hear my voice say from behind me. I quickly spun around and see myself, but I was wearing a white nightgown, something I'd wear to sleep. "What?" I questioned.

"I said...Choose." My voice said from my left, I turned to my side and see me wearing Dauntless colors. "Choose or else." I looked at all of my reflections and see they wore the colors from different factions. "I don't know. I don't know." I whispered, I felt my heart begin to race even faster and I looked back at me in a nightgown.

"Choose for our sake." She said with teary eyes.

I looked behind her to see a dark hooded figure get close to her and I looked behind me. Nobody was there. I looked back at her and see the figure was about to grab her.

"Look out!" I warned her, she ignored my warning and the figure grabs her. She screams at the top of her lungs which made the mirrors shake and my ears hurt from the screech. The figure stabbed her stomach and I screamed as the blood stained the white dress.

The glass ceiling breaks at the sound of my scream and so did the mirrors.

I wake up gasping for air and I sit up from the black chair.

"You have to leave." Tori said to me as she scrambled to fix everything back into place and I had no time to adjust myself. "What?" I questioned as I got off the chair. "Wait, don't you have to tell me my result?" I asked her feeling lost and she looked at me, her expression showed fear.

I never saw that face on a Dauntless before.

"Listen, I need to get you out. Before the supervisor comes in." She said rushing me to the door, but I looked back at her. "Tell your mom that the serum made you ill and that I sent you home." She added and I stared at her confused.

"Tell me my results." I ordered to her, I needed to know where I belonged and she took in a breath.

"Erudite."

"And Dauntless. And Abnegation. Candor, Amity." She finished off and I shook my head. "That's impossible. The test is only supposed to-"

"The results you got were...Inconclusive. It's not impossible, just extremely rare in your case." She cuts me off.

I was still confused by this.

"They call it Divergent, you can't tell anyone. Not even your mom. Especially her." She pointed out. "What do I do?" I asked her, feeling my voice slightly shake.

"Let them know you got Erudite." She answered. "What about the ceremony? I have to make the right choice." I pointed out as she was closing the door.

"You'll know what to choose." She said and closed the door. I turned around confused by the whole situation and I exhaled.

What am I going to do now?

~~~

"Factions, please gather in your assigned areas." A man on the PA said to everyone, I followed my mother down the steps and she stops once she sees Andrew and I stand next to her. "Morning, Jeanine." He greeted her, forcing a smile.

"Good morning, Andrew." She greets back, holding her tablet close to her. "How is Marcus holding up?" She asked him concerned.

"As well as can be expected." He answered and I glanced behind him to see his wife and two kids. "We need to find out who's behind these rumors." She said to him and he looks at her straight into her eyes. "I think we all know who it is." His wife pointed out.

Ouch.

"If it's someone from Erudite, I promise I'll find out who." She reassured giving her a look and he gave her a slight nod. "These are your children. I don't think I knew they were choosing today." She said steering away from that conversation.

"What's your name?" She asked the young boy and offered him her hand to shake. "I'm...I'm Caleb." He answered a bit nervous. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jeanine Matthews." She said then turned her attention to the girl.

"And you are?" She asked the girl who looked shy. "This is Beatrice." Caleb introduced her since she didn't answer on time, Beatrice gave her an extremely small smile and my mother looked at me.

"Oh, Andrew, I don't think you've had the chance to meet my daughter, Calypso." My mother said putting her arm over my shoulder to pull me close to her. "Pleasure to meet you." Andrew offered me his hand and I shake it. "Likewise." I said with a small smile and pulled away.

"Well, you both have a big decision to make today." My mother said to the two kids. "I'm sure your parents will support whatever choice you make." She finished off, but the shy girl finally spoke up. "That's not supposed to be a choice. The test should tell us what to do." She pointed out.

"You're still free to choose." My mother says.

"But you don't really want that." Beatrice remarked and Caleb quickly calls her name to simmer her down. "I want you to choose who you truly are and where you truly belong. Not on a whim. Not because you wish you were someone you're not." My mother said, she was always quick on her feet.

"But because you honestly know yourself. I want you to choose wisely." She added.

"And I know you will." My mother gives her a small smile and walked away, and I followed behind her as we looked for our seats. I see Will and he looked up at me, a smile spread across his face. I smiled back and kept walking, after a few seconds, we found our spot and my mother sits down, I sit down next to her and wait for the next step.

The next step that would change me and my future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1K 51
❝𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐫𝐝, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭?❞ Annora Matthews, is the daughter of Jeanine Matthews. On the day of the faction tes...
317K 6.7K 42
❝ I knew, from that moment on, that nobody could ever confess, they love me, without the splintered thought of you running through my mind. Consciou...
372K 10.7K 79
Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two : Learning to Trust Book Three : All for...
7.6K 91 36
Valkyrie Eaton, Four's sister joined a new faction after being in Erudite hell yeah she's smart and wise but her father wanted her to reunite with he...