Plutonian

By SoniaJohn

[THIS STORY IS FREE WITH EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT] A fake relationship, a diabolical plan and a threat to the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Lucian POV Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Lucian POV Chapter 48-50 (Part 2)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Rewritten Love Scene
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Lucian's POV Chapter 76
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 30

37K 2.4K 262
By SoniaJohn

Cassandra squeaks in excitement when she sees the luminescent rectangular signboard that says Humanoid sitting on top of the small restaurant we are approaching. I snap out of my daze when I realize that we have reached our destination and lean forward as the glider stops in front of the small one door entrance that has been lined by bright yellow light bulbs.  

Once he stops I feel Cassandra's hand in mine.

"Aria, are these friends of yours really nice? Will they be okay with me coming? Being a paramour and all," Her expression is calm but the nervousness in her green eyes betray her. I feel my heart sink slightly in my chest as I look at her.

She has always worried about me and how I was coping with my training and fights but I have never really paid as much attention to her life as a paramour aside from the time I thought she was with Lazarus. 

I didn't know if she was lonely. If she was being treated well. If she was happy. 

I squeezed her hand tightly as reassurance. 

"To be honest I'm just as nervous as you are. I only know one of them," I reply looking directly into her eyes. "But we need this Cassandra. We've needed this ever since we came here."

She smiles and nods her head, getting me immediately like she usually does. She knows I'm talking about the warmth and companionship we've been deprived of since we were taken from Earth. 

As slaves we were never allowed to talk to each other for more than a few minutes. Even if we did find friendship there was never any trust because most of the slaves soon bought the Plutonian propaganda and were staunchly subservient and faithful. Those who spoke against the Plutonian's were reported on by their very own friends and punished severely just like I was. 

Friendship was nothing but a fallacy. An obscure method to weed the troublemakers out and although we pushed the loneliness to the back of minds and worked till we were too tired to feel anything, the lack of affection was always present like a festering illness hidden in the deepest parts of our hearts. 

I've seen the slaves cry themselves to sleep at night. Some calling out names of loved ones as they mumble in their sleep. I remember doing so many times before as well as I hugged myself pretending it was my mother's arms around me instead of my own. I imagined my father reading me bed time stories before closed my eyes. 

The images slowly faded but the longing never did. Which is why the idea of humans having a night of fun together seems so foreign and just too good to be true. If there is even such a thing, I know I have to experience it. I am sick to death of being around arrogant and entitled Plutonians. I need this for my piece of mind.

"We have to be careful. We can't trust anyone," Cassandra whispers and I nod my head in agreement.

"If they ask, we'll tell them we're with regular Commander's. It's not entirely untrue," I say. "Do you have any names we can use?"

"What about Commander Alpho? He's middle aged and Siphus tells me he's very private about his personal life. I don't mind telling them about Siphus since a few humans have already spotted us in the city before," She tells me.

"Okay, thank you so much. I just don't want anyone to know yet, you know?" I say and then I sigh out loud. That will just be another unnecessary problem that I don't need. 

"Yes, I understand now after meeting Lazarus," She pauses and shoots me a look of worry before speaking. "It must be quite a burden to be with someone of that position."

I raise my highbrows wondering what she means by that but our driver unlocks the doors and revs the engine slightly signalling for us to leave. 

I quickly scoot out the door with Cassandra behind me and the moment our feet touch the ground the door shuts and he drives away. 

"He doesn't really like my company very much but he's been stuck with the task of taking me wherever I need to go," She shrugs her shoulders as she looks at me. 

"Will he back to get us when we're done?" I ask her and she just laughs in response.

"I hope so."

I smile and grab her arm as we walk slowly through the brown door that glows bright yellow on all sides. The first thing I notice is the cluster of tables and small sofas that litter the small space. The floors are smooth and cream colored which contrast with the green and pink wooden chairs. Right across from us lies a table with glass counter tops and glass casings that display brightly colored desert pieces. 

I look up and see a large chalk board plastered on the wall behind that table with small cursive writing arranged in numerous lines. Surprisingly the restaurant is silent and empty.

Cassandra and I share a look as we walk in curiously until we reach the counter. I peer over it but there's no one in sight while Cassandra rings the chime that hangs above our heads. Feeling slightly disheartened, I look around me wondering if this was some sort of cruel prank and the door behind the counter bursts open causing both of us to jump.

"Hello, I'm so sorry but we are closed for the night." A brown haired boy with freckles across his cheeks walks out and stands before us. He shoots us a wide and friendly smile and I notice that he looks only slightly older than we are. I wonder if he is a fighter but I don't remember seeing him around the training center.

Cassandra shoots me a questioning look and I frown in confusion. 

"We were invited here for a party by my friend Rosie," I push my hair behind my shoulders and stand up straight as I reply.

"Oh, Rosie. Of course. Yeah, she said she's invited someone new," His eyes light up in interest as he studies my face and then his gaze shifts to Cassandra's. 

"I'm Ron," He holds out his hand over the counter and we both take turns to shake it awkwardly. "The party's downstairs. Follow me."

I nod my head and we walk through a small narrow walkway that leads us behind the counter and then past the door that Ron came through. He walks down a flight of stairs that creaks beneath his weight and we follow him as he leads us into a small room with long green sofas that line the walls and a weird looking table with raised edges on one end. 

A few people have gathered around it and I see two girls standing at each end absolutely focused on a small circular object that rolls back and forth between them. Other's are seated on the sofas holding small plastic cups in their hands as they talk to each other. 

My eyes scan the room and I count about twelve people altogether. Something happens and the people standing around the table roar in fits of praise and laughter but then one of them sees us and his eyes widen. Soon all of them turn around to look at Cassandra and I at the foot of the stairs and the room falls silent.

"Everyone, meet Aria and Cassandra," Ron announces and I force a smile onto my face which must look like a grimace because no one smiles back. 

"Newbies. Interesting," A tall dark haired guy stands up from the couch next to us and walks up to stand before us. He angular face is sharp and so are his dark brown eyes as he scans Cassandra and I from head to toe in a calculating manner. He appears slim, almost skinny but his wide set shoulders and towering height make him look like someone I wouldn't want to mess with. He holds out a hand to Cassandra and I notice that his skin is tanned and muscles bulge slightly under his tight fitted sleeves. I haven't seen him before and immediately wonder if he is an army officer.

"You can call me Joon. I'm a third rank army officer," He says as he shakes her hand. She tells him that she is a paramour and he smiles at her without any judgement which surprises me. He then turns towards me with his hand out stretched. 

"I'm --," I shake his warm hand and am about to speak when he cuts me off.

"Oh I know who you are. I think everyone here does. Aria the Bone breaker," He winks at me and I inhale sharply. 

Bone breaker. Christina. Michael. 

I slide my hand out of his and frown. Is he making fun of me?

He seems to notice my discomfort and he quickly raises his hands up in the air, feigning innocence. 

"I'm sorry. I meant it as a compliment, I swear." He shoots me a charming smile. "Come on lets get you two some drinks."

 He leads us to a small white shelf that sticks out of the wall right next to the game table and pours us a drink each. Feeling slightly unnerved with everyone's eyes on us, I look down at the drink he has given me and eye it's contents. 

"Only the good stuff," Joon smiles and knocks his cup against ours. "Cheers."

His charm seems to have disarmed Cassandra as she smiles at him like she has known him for years and mirrors his movements. Around us, some people resume their conversations and some start playing at the table again. 

There are a few who are still staring though and I notice they are staring at me specifically. Feeling slightly paranoid I sniff at the liquid. 

"Try it. It really takes the edge off," Joon urges and Cassandra nods her head fervently before taking another sip. 

After a moments hesitation I take a small sip and the sweet liquid reminds me of the one I drank with Lucian the first time we had dinner together. It coats my tongue and burns my throat in the most delicious way that I find myself taking another few sips.

The door above opens and I hear foot steps thumping as someone rushes down the stairs. Rosie walks in with a blonde guy flanked by her side. The same guy I saw her with last night.

"Aria, you came," She shoots me the happiest smile I've ever seen on her face and looks at the guy next to her. "There's someone I want you to meet."

 "Matt meet Aria. Aria meet Matt. This is my boyfriend," She stops in front of us and pours herself a drink. "I see you've met Joon already. Can't say I'm surprised with this smooth talker."

She elbows Joon in the side and he jumps back laughing like a child. My lips form a smile as I watch their interaction, maybe he isn't so bad after all. 

I stare at Matt in awe as he exchanges formalities with us. He leans into Rosie and pecks her lightly on the lips and I feel like I am in an alternate reality having never seen a human boy and girl kiss before. 

I have always pictured Rosie as a strong, firm, slightly masculine person and the contrast is strikingly obvious with Matt's delicate features, smooth white skin and pale grey eyes which make him look rather pretty. At first glance they seem a bit odd but the more I look at them, the more I see how much they care for each other.

"Let me introduce you to everyone," Rosie says and just then we hear someone ringing the bell on the counter upstairs.

"Did you invite anyone else? Did anyone invite anybody else?" Rosie asks me and then the others around the room but all of us shake our heads in confusion.

"That's odd," She says and we look up at the door by the stairs wondering who has showed up.

Can anyone guess who the party crasher might be? Hope you enjoyed :) :) Goodnight everyone!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 547 46
(COMPLETED) Men are of the inferior gender, or that is what people believe in The Free Republic of Women. And becuase men are less than human...
90 19 12
The year is 2889. Three hundred and thirteen years after fleeing a dying earth, the Universe Association has never been stronger. Eight colonized pla...
727K 56.4K 42
(Sequel to Plutonian) Aria's actions have created a rift in the Plutonian empire. The universe is divided and the fight for power has never been mor...
121 36 13
Earth was overtaken by the Calumnia ten years ago and if it weren't for the alien Occisio race who saved the remnants of humanity, Indi's race would...